Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

** Update on my Car - Pics, Numbers, Videos **

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:22 PM
niceguyyy01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alberto, sorry to hear about your issues. This is the exact reason I abandoned the platform altogether.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by Alberto
Ive contemplated the 1000RR, reading how nimble it is with that power, Id have fun on it for sure...
Bert DO IT! Some places are selling those for around $7000 plus taxes and heard of places even cheaper. We need to hit the track Son!

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 11-09-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
IslandZavage

$7000............. WTF!!!! I wish they were that much here.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Driven1
Professional

Damn Bert....Truly sorry to hear this man.

Im with Chris...Get it back and sit on it if you have space for it. I say this b/c Im doing the same thing right now. Mine isn't quite like yours but...my turbo is passing a decent amount of oil (Im pushing the limits of it) and Im having phantom electrical issues. And Im not doing anything about them unitl later on when I have more time, and patience to go at it some more.

I'd rather keep it b/c I don't owe anything on it (and the thought of that loss $$ makes me sick). I'll work more on it another time and REALLY make it a fun/true track car later on or something. I...like you most likely...just have other things to put that time and effort into right now and just don't want to deal with the headache of figuring things out and dumping more money in.

Basically...I'd keep it....work on it from time to time or when you have the extra $$. Just make the car a different priority basically. Do other things, buy other toys, etc. But if it doesn't hurt you financially to keep it somehow and you have the space...? It's a fun F/I'd car to drive and can be a blast on the track and isn't really like anything else to drive even with 500HP. The uniqueness and personalization of this platform is a reason for me to keep it as well. It's my version of a Supra to an extent.

Dont forget the buy other toys part.

Good Luck man with any route you decide to go with this. Lemme know if there is anything I can do to help with transport or anything else. I'm not a big shopper for "black fridays". lol

Some of us should buy a big cheap secure warehouse type place where we can all store our $hitboxes and toys for cheap so we have room to keep the stuff we're currently using/playing with at the house...$hitboxes taking up space FTL. lol

Last edited by Driven1; 11-09-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ $hitbox storage, my wife would jump on that idea in a heartbeat LOL
Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 AM
psychoballistic

Ok, didn't get to the end of the thread yet, but damn man sorry to hear about this... You have definately put alot of time and money into this. I remember you saying if it ***** the bed again you would have Ray at PFS redo it. 800+ whp and over 30,000+ miles on his motor, 200+ dyno pulls, and numerous track days, witht he same kits we got. I'd say its worth talking it out with him, he's proven that he can build a hell of a car with his own, I hate to see you leave, but ultimately you gotta do what work for you big guy. Hope everything works out bud.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well some good news to start the New Year, for anybody who recently followed this thread.

The engine seems to be ok, and I will be picking up the car today!

The wiring for the fans was frayed, and it was redone. Im guessing that happened when the front diffuser flew off, lucky for me I made it down to South Carolina before it tore all the way thru.

The car had more Evans put in it, air removed from system and drives well, Ray even worked on smoothing out the tune further without me even asking.

I will report officially once I drive it later. Im very happy for now I can continue with the car.

I have plans to take it back to PFS after I settle the issue with emissions.

Keith-I'm gonn atake you up on your offer soon bud!!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:45 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

That's good to hear!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Well some good news to start the New Year, for anybody who recently followed this thread.

The wiring for the fans was frayed, and it was redone. Im guessing that happened when the front diffuser flew off, lucky for me I made it down to South Carolina before it tore all the way thru.

The car had more Evans put in it, air removed from system and drives well, Ray even worked on smoothing out the tune further without me even asking.

I will report officially once I drive it later. Im very happy for now I can continue with the car.

Say werd! Awesome news anda greatway to start the new year.. Congrats man.. Now back to aerodynamics
Old 01-04-2010, 04:48 AM
bigslim350Z

glad to hear things are going well. Hopefully meets pick up in the spring and summer this year.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:07 AM
350z-900whp

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

glad to hear that now our community demand a 10sec video

hope the best for u alberto in 2010
Old 01-04-2010, 05:14 AM
Tyler4

Congrats on the good news Alberto. I'm glad to see this and look forward to seeing your future plans.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:35 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

congrats on the great news.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Tyler4
Congrats on the good news Alberto. I'm glad to see this and look forward to seeing your future plans.
I am doing the unthinkable

I am actually lowering the cars hp...

13psi all the time making 605whp is too much for low boost, so I want to go back and change the 1 bar wastegate springs for something lower and run a manageable 10-11psi map at around 500whp for most of my driving-same as my old setup but with the new powerband.

That will help me hook up even more, and will hopefully help the longevity of the motor and the turbo kit which now has almost 15K HARD miles on it.

Besides that Im changing the oil, sending it to Blackstone and hoping for the best.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Boostedtrack350

Great news! I'm sure Its nice to get some good news after all the sh*t that you have been through!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:53 AM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, congrats....yea 600rwhp every day is a touch much for a street tune.

Can you hook up a simple scramble boost button to bump it up there for the odd bike run? Thats what I'm thinking of doin (after cams go in, in a few weeks)

tom
Old 01-04-2010, 06:01 AM
bigslim350Z

500 hp tune sounds like a good idea since that is more than enough for the street. then if needed go and turn it up for occasionally embarrassing people on the street or for the track.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:02 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I can switch boost/power from whatever my low boost is up to 650whp with 2 clicks of the EBC...anything higher requires the map to be changed as well.

My 605 map take care of my buddies 08'R6 with full exhaust and a tune from a 3rd gear roll, good stuff. Thats the main vid Ive been wanting to do but havent gotten around to yet.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:05 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Hey Alberto, congrats on getting some good news. So wtf happened? Did it just overheat (coolant overflow outside the confines of the overflow tank) when the fans went out? Get a real fan controller on there so it's not drawing massive amounts of current all the time and have Ray use the spare output to set up a failsafe to cut boost to wastegate if it overheats again - very easy to do if you are controlling boost with the Haltech. gl man - hopefully see u at zdayz.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Boostedtrack350

Good plan bro. 500whp will still be fun and should be more reliable.

Quick Reply: ** Update on my Car - Pics, Numbers, Videos **