Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:14 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-13-2008, 06:38 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Just left negative feedback on SGP's itrader under the SGP_Racing account. I was shocked to see that they had a 100% positive rating with only 4 reviews.

Those of you who are/were SGP customers that have expressed your negative experience(s) with SGP in this thread owe it to the community and future potential customers to provide your feedback on SGP's itrader. C'mon guys. Don't let SGP's itrader rating give unsuspecting noobs or uninformed consumers a false sense of security.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:44 PM
kelsey_kaye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since SGP doesn't really use the forum i'm pretty sure most people use them based on word of mouth and not the itrader value.. that's the only reason i ever considered of using SGP but to hell with that idea.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:52 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by kelsey_kaye
since SGP doesn't really use the forum i'm pretty sure most people use them based on word of mouth and not the itrader value.. that's the only reason i ever considered of using SGP but to hell with that idea.
True. But it doesn't hurt to cover all our bases. It only takes a couple minutes to fill out the itrader feedback.

Quite frankly, SGP is obviousy not what it used to be. Why should we let a shop that has gone down the toilet within the last year or so retain an excellent itrader rating when there are numerous unhappy customers speaking out now???
Old 12-13-2008, 07:02 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
True. But it doesn't hurt to cover all our bases. It only takes a couple minutes to fill out the itrader feedback.

Quite frankly, SGP is obviousy not what it used to be. Why should we let a shop that has gone down the toilet within the last year or so retain an excellent itrader rating when there are numerous unhappy customers speaking out now???
Eric.... Did those "other guys" contact you back yet?
Old 12-13-2008, 07:11 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by SlideFox
Eric.... Did those "other guys" contact you back yet?
Nope.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:26 AM
coachk
Banned

Rude...I had an issue with SGP (Mark) almost 3 years ago and it was very similiar. I made numerous calls and he was always busy or out to lunch and never returned my calls. It was over my VB and when I finally did hear back from him(after calling him out on here) his response was "nobody else has had that problem with the VB so I don't know what to tell you".
In essence it has been longer than 1 year since his business savvy has been questionable.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:20 AM
niceguyyy01

I feel bad for you guys.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Still waiting for the bombshell drama to hit in this thread. I thought there was someone that was going to post some 8-9 popcorn material, but so far nothing new has come up.

To those members waiting on parts: I still think the attorney letter works. It puts a timeframe in place and allows you to pursue a small claims case at the least. In fact, maybe several members could come together and make a mini class action suit (not even sure that is real). This may get the $$$ up high enough to make it more than small claims and petty theft. Even if you end up as individuals in small claims, you could seek to recover your damages plus attorney expenses.

Either that or a serious face to face confrontation is coming soon. Just show up and ask for your parts, if they are not there, ask where they are and tell SGP to call the other shop and tell them you are on your way to pic them up. If SGP cannot get your parts released because of $$$, you can pay the other shop directly for their work or just call the local police from the parking lot of SGP to report a theft. As long as you are willing to pay for any work that has been started/performed, you should be able to claim your property.

Last ditch dirty tactic, call the local newspaper or TV station and direct them to this thread and threads on other forums. Wait till right after Christmas when there is a slow news cycle and they may run a story on a local business that is under fire on the internet for their practices. Just my .
Old 12-14-2008, 07:00 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....... I cant believe how many shops are going down lately..
Old 12-14-2008, 07:11 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
if this plays out like the eighties the carnage will be unreal.who do you think will be next?

Last edited by go-fast; 12-14-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:50 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

^^ The last 3 posts I think hit the nail on the head.

This economy has shown no mercy to our industry and it's quite evident that the 3 shops in just this community will most likely not be the last casualties. Shops that focused greatly on labor and didn't have a strong internet/mail order presence are being hit the hardest. Also, shops that embodied those variables and also had huge overhead (which is common when focusing greatly on labor) are also going by the wayside. Unfortunately, when times are good, many shops don't put away for rainy weather, and/or try to grab onto private investors. Even before this economic meltdown, the half-life of shops in this industry was about 2 years. If a new shop didn't grab hold of a niche or have a gianormous nest egg (or substantial luck) the writing was on the wall w/in the first year.

Let's just hope that Mark doesn't go under, and that his customers get what they paid for. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I'm of the mindset that people should have the chance to redeem themselves -- even when it appears that the cards are stacked against him.

darrren

EDIT: Nice sig go-fast!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:53 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Old 12-14-2008, 08:06 AM
go-fast
Banned

This economy has shown no mercy to our industry and it's quite evident that the 3 shops in just this community will most likely not be the last casualties. Shops that focused greatly on labor and didn't have a strong internet/mail order presence are being hit the hardest. Also, shops that embodied those variables and also had huge overhead (which is common when focusing greatly on labor) are also going by the wayside. Unfortunately, when times are good, many shops don't put away for rainy weather, and/or try to grab onto private investors. Even before this economic meltdown, the half-life of shops in this industry was about 2 years. If a new shop didn't grab hold of a niche or have a gianormous nest egg (or substantial luck) the writing was on the wall w/in the first year.

Let's just hope that Mark doesn't go under, and that his customers get what they paid for. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I'm of the mindset that people should have the chance to redeem themselves -- even when it appears that the cards are stacked against him.

darrren
+1 let's hope he sets thing right,this kind of stuff tends to follow you.trying to re-invent yourself after a fall is only further complicated by questionable ethics.sh$t anyone can stumble,but the ones that do it with class are permitted to get back up.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:22 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Cass007
Still waiting for the bombshell drama to hit in this thread. I thought there was someone that was going to post some 8-9 popcorn material, but so far nothing new has come up.

To those members waiting on parts: I still think the attorney letter works. It puts a timeframe in place and allows you to pursue a small claims case at the least. In fact, maybe several members could come together and make a mini class action suit (not even sure that is real). This may get the $$$ up high enough to make it more than small claims and petty theft. Even if you end up as individuals in small claims, you could seek to recover your damages plus attorney expenses.

Either that or a serious face to face confrontation is coming soon. Just show up and ask for your parts, if they are not there, ask where they are and tell SGP to call the other shop and tell them you are on your way to pic them up. If SGP cannot get your parts released because of $$$, you can pay the other shop directly for their work or just call the local police from the parking lot of SGP to report a theft. As long as you are willing to pay for any work that has been started/performed, you should be able to claim your property.

Last ditch dirty tactic, call the local newspaper or TV station and direct them to this thread and threads on other forums. Wait till right after Christmas when there is a slow news cycle and they may run a story on a local business that is under fire on the internet for their practices. Just my .
I'm keeping your advice in mind. But I have another angle that is being worked on this coming week. I've got my fingers crossed!
Old 12-14-2008, 12:27 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Jay'Z

Originally Posted by go-fast
if this plays out like the eighties the carnage will be unreal.who do you think will be next?
For the sake of this community, let's hope not. I have no idea and no educated guesses about any other shops being on the verge of going out of business.

darrren

+1

Well said D. I think you hit the nail on the head sir.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by go-fast
+1 let's hope he sets thing right,this kind of stuff tends to follow you.trying to re-invent yourself after a fall is only further complicated by questionable ethics.sh$t anyone can stumble,but the ones that do it with class are permitted to get back up.
Yup. We've seen this before... *cough* Scott Bush with VRT and then RA *cough*

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-14-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:33 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Cass007
Its coming...Perfection should never be rushed

Yup. We've seen this before... *cough* Scott Bush with VRT and then RA *cough*

Are you saying Scott closed his mobile shop

Last edited by XKR; 12-14-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:29 PM
go-fast
Banned

For the sake of this community, let's hope not. I have no idea and no educated guesses about any other shops being on the verge of going out of business.

as ugly as it gets,i think it's healthy to clean house.the survivors are the cream of the crop and earned their place with quality work and people skills.longevity is the best indicator of who to call for work.cheats are in for the short money and ego's go bankrupt,survival of the fittest is the way it should be.the down side is casualty's like yourself,but hopefully my shameless bump's will hold their feet to fire.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:33 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
Are you saying Scott closed his mobile shop
maybe he joined forces with julian and his mobile dyno?

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?