Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
as ugly as it gets,i think it's healthy to clean house.the survivors are the cream of the crop and earned their place with quality work and people skills.longevity is the best indicator of who to call for work.cheats are in for the short money and ego's go bankrupt,survival of the fittest is the way it should be.the down side is casualty's like yourself,but hopefully my shameless bump's will hold their feet to fire.

SGP has been around since '89.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:12 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

SGP racing is starting to bite to me since the dont seem to respond to emails ever.......
Old 12-15-2008, 06:50 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe he joined forces with julian and his mobile dyno?
LOL
Old 12-15-2008, 10:22 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by Robert_K
yeah,if there was a perfect formula no one would get screwed.i think forums have gone a long way in exposing shifty shops,your choice used to be the guy down the street......good or bad,that was it.i can tell you i gritted my teeth on more than one occasion,walking into a machine shop i swore i'd never use again.there are so many choices now the pendelum has swung in the other direction and we can weed out the trash.btwy '89 was the new wave after the last crash,if you new how to chip a camaro you where god.what was a quality shop then would be laughed out of town by today's standards.(maybe this is what were seeing?)
Old 12-15-2008, 10:44 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_K
that makes the whole situation "sad-er"
Old 12-15-2008, 11:03 AM
XKR

yeah,if there was a perfect formula no one would get screwed.i think forums have gone a long way in exposing shifty shops,your choice used to be the guy down the street......good or bad,that was it.i can tell you i gritted my teeth on more than one occasion,walking into a machine shop i swore i'd never use again.there are so many choices now the pendelum has swung in the other direction and we can weed out the trash.btwy '89 was the new wave after the last crash,if you new how to chip a camaro you where god.what was a quality shop then would be laughed out of town by today's standards.(maybe this is what were seeing?)
I hear you man.....and thats the truth
Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 AM
iamdigital

Originally Posted by XKR
I hear you man.....and thats the truth
From what I'm seeing shops either try to be anything to all and hose people with lack of knowledge or they get locked down into a niche that only lasts so long (supra) and get behind the times. It's a tuff buss and only gonna get tougher as platforms increase stock power and gov limits emissions...
Old 12-15-2008, 11:54 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by iamdigital
From what I'm seeing shops either try to be anything to all and hose people with lack of knowledge or they get locked down into a niche that only lasts so long (supra) and get behind the times. It's a tuff buss and only gonna get tougher as platforms increase stock power and gov limits emissions...
many thought it was the end of days with the advent of fuel injection,but we will continue regardless of the obsticles.many of the old school guys became obsolete,but the ones who embraced technology have our early foundation to grow from and are a force to be feared.same is true for the future.....now where the hell is sgp and who has gotten satisfaction?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:28 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Exclamation

Update:

Mark called me today to inform me that my customer's trans will be shipping out this week. We spoke briefly about the issues surrounding what's transpired at SGP in the last few months. He said that he has 9 projects going currently, and they have had his (and his staff's) full attention lately. Some conflicting info was relayed to me regarding some of what's been stated in this thread by certain users, but I'm not one to reveal such private info. I will say though, that he was confident in his abilities to keep his doors open and ship projects. Last, he stated that he will be making a public thread (or something of that nature) with detailed explanation, and acknowledged his communications to be poor in nature.

DISCLOSURES:
*This update in no way is a validation or defense of SGP, however I do believe him to be an honest man. Until concrete evidence of his demise is presented, I will try to stay neutral.

**Don't shoot the messenger.
If you are a customer of SGP and would like me to relay any information to him, I will try my best. I have nothing to gain by doing such, as Intensepower has no partnership WHATSOEVER with SGP. If you would like me to seek information, you will need to PM me. I will NOT entertain details of ANY transaction between YOU and SGP on this or any other public forum.

Again, respect that I am posting privileged, private information between Mark and myself. In no way is it meant to discredit or demean SGP and/or it's affiliates, employees, or customers.

Good day gents.

Darren
Old 12-15-2008, 03:18 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Update:

Mark called me today to inform me that my customer's trans will be shipping out this week. We spoke briefly about the issues surrounding what's transpired at SGP in the last few months. He said that he has 9 projects going currently, and they have had his (and his staff's) full attention lately. Some conflicting info was relayed to me regarding some of what's been stated in this thread by certain users, but I'm not one to reveal such private info. I will say though, that he was confident in his abilities to keep his doors open and ship projects. Last, he stated that he will be making a public thread (or something of that nature) with detailed explanation, and acknowledged his communications to be poor in nature.

DISCLOSURES:
*This update in no way is a validation or defense of SGP, however I do believe him to be an honest man. Until concrete evidence of his demise is presented, I will try to stay neutral.

**Don't shoot the messenger.
If you are a customer of SGP and would like me to relay any information to him, I will try my best. I have nothing to gain by doing such, as Intensepower has no partnership WHATSOEVER with SGP. If you would like me to seek information, you will need to PM me. I will NOT entertain details of ANY transaction between YOU and SGP on this or any other public forum.

Again, respect that I am posting privileged, private information between Mark and myself. In no way is it meant to discredit or demean SGP and/or it's affiliates, employees, or customers.

Good day gents.

Darren
Whatever Mark fed you is totally BS I'm sure. The fact that he contacted a sponsor/shop instead of his customers is a failure in itself. What he's doing is avoiding the real situation and that is his shady business practices! I heard the same shiet for 9 months to a year. What he told you, most likely is the same story I heard from him.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:20 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Sir, I too am his customer.

Darren
Old 12-15-2008, 03:46 PM
XKR

Darren

WOW...Good to see that he atleast responded....Like I said , I will be back in town Friday night....so I can get up there on Saturday. Just keep me updated if he is shipping it

Originally Posted by turismo
Whatever Mark fed you is totally BS I'm sure. The fact that he contacted a sponsor/shop instead of his customers is a failure in itself. What he's doing is avoiding the real situation and that is his shady business practices! I heard the same shiet for 9 months to a year. What he told you, most likely is the same story I heard from him.
I know you have legit reasons to be upset at Mark...I have seen your car....but dont get your blood pressure up...just let this all play out and see where it ends up.

Last edited by XKR; 12-15-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:56 PM
turismo

Darren
In a shop kinda way.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:10 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

What's your point? Is our money and headache any less than that of a retail customer? I'm not trying to belittle your experience, as I hope you're not trying to belittle mine.

Darren
Old 12-15-2008, 04:15 PM
turismo

What's your point? Is our money and headache any less than that of a retail customer? I'm not trying to belittle your experience, as I hope you're not trying to belittle mine.

Darren
There are dozens of people trying to get ahold of SGP. The only reason why he called you back I am assuming is because you're a shop. This is not belittling you in any way.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:31 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Darren
Originally Posted by XKR
WOW...Good to see that he atleast responded....Like I said , I will be back in town Friday night....so I can get up there on Saturday. Just keep me updated if he is shipping it

I know you have legit reasons to be upset at Mark...I have seen your car....but dont get your blood pressure up...just let this all play out and see where it ends up.
Originally Posted by turismo
In a shop kinda way.
First of all, I want to thank Darren and the rest of the Intense staff for their tireless efforts to get in contact and get a response from SGP to resolve this issue. Han called me earlier today with the good news while I was at work. I was non-stop busy the rest of my shift. I then made a follow-up phone call to Darren on my way home from work. I feel very relieved to hear the good news today. However, I will feel even better once Intense receives a tracking number, which should happen within the next couple days.

I also want to thank those of you here on the forum who have offered assistance to go to SGP on my behalf to get some answers. The help and support from fellow members is much appreciated.

I also want to clarify that I let Intense proactively handle the situation on my behalf. I didn't personally call or E-mail SGP or Mark. I let Intense handle this on my behalf. I then received generous offers of assistance from a couple of local TX members here to stop by SGP and talk to Mark on my behalf.

I have no issue or problems with Mark calling Intense instead of me, since they were the ones repeatedly trying to contact him. All I want is my trans back. I don't care to listen to listen to Mark's apologies or excuses for his lack of communication, because IMO there is no acceptable or satisfactory excuse for what occurred. It's not like he was in the hospital in a coma all this time. It should be noted that I paid Intense directly for the full cost of the auto trans build and they in turn paid SGP in full up front. So at the end of the day, the invoice at SGP has IntensePower's name on it. Not mine.

If we do not receive a tracking number for the shipping as promised this week, I will let all of you know and may again enlist the services of those who have already offered their assistance.

Thanks again to everyone for the help and support.

I sincerely hope that the OP and the rest of you who have shared your problems with SGP, get your issues resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. I hate to see other customers and fellow forum members getting screwed. Those of you who are not having success dealing with SGP on your own... You might want to take Darren up on his generous offer and shoot him a PM or give Intense a call.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-15-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I am happy for you Rude.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:46 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This is good news!! In for the tracking number....
Old 12-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Too soon junior!!!!!!!" lol.. Little pre-mature to say he is back on track, or that its good news...
Old 12-15-2008, 05:03 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Cass007
I am happy for you Rude.
Thanks

Originally Posted by SlideFox
This is good news!! In for the tracking number....
Queue Jeopardy music...

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?