Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@SP
So have we
I was also impressed with how the car was being built from ground up like a 100 point show car..... I am impressed with the work I saw...
Old 02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Canadian
Banned

Well I just got some VERY interesting news about mrg1981's tranny and it is very bad news for SGP. I will let him post it once he finds out. I don't feel it is my position to post what I just found out. The tranny is here and the builder that built mine just opened his up and tore it apart. Needless to say I won't ever do business with SGP again and won't ever recommend them ever.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Maybe it would have been best to let Marshall post the results in the first place. He's out of town and I'm not sure when he'll have time to post up. My thoughts..

Darren
Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 PM
iamdigital

As an FYI and thread update. Still no tranny. I'm flying in with a letter from my bus attorney and snatching the transmission that is supposedly done. Unless I find out that there are other problems...
Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Canadian
Well I just got some VERY interesting news about mrg1981's tranny and it is very bad news for SGP. I will let him post it once he finds out. I don't feel it is my position to post what I just found out. The tranny is here and the builder that built mine just opened his up and tore it apart. Needless to say I won't ever do business with SGP again and won't ever recommend them ever.
I wouldn't doubt if it wasn't built or if he shipped the wrong trans.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Canadian
Banned

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Maybe it would have been best to let Marshall post the results in the first place. He's out of town and I'm not sure when he'll have time to post up. My thoughts..

Darren
Uhh I never posted details or results. I basically said there is bad news and he can post it when he can. I specifically said I'm not posting details. He can choose to post them if he wants.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamdigital
As an FYI and thread update. Still no tranny. I'm flying in with a letter from my bus attorney and snatching the transmission that is supposedly done. Unless I find out that there are other problems...
I really feel for you brother and feel cheated that SGP has basically chased you off of our platform. You are definately an enthusiast that our community has benefitted from and will now be focusing your attention on other projects.... its our loss .

Best of luck on the sale of your car.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:54 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You ever get that sinking feeling in your stomach? You know, everything is good and then suddenly, you get bad news, but you don't know the details? That's me exactly 60 seconds ago.

I actually don't have any updates or news on the transmission, so this is the first I've heard that Chris actually has my trans, took it apart, or had any information on it. Now I'm dying to know how bad the news is and what exactly it entails? I am at our cabin in Pine, AZ right now and have limited cell phone coverage, but email/PM are good.

Darren-if you or Han or Pete don't mind sharing, I'd rest easier tonight at least knowing some details.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:54 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

wow
Old 02-20-2009, 06:29 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Cass007
I really feel for you brother and feel cheated that SGP has basically chased you off of our platform. You are definately an enthusiast that our community has benefitted from and will now be focusing your attention on other projects.... its our loss .

Best of luck on the sale of your car.
They're the reason why I decided to part ways with my car as well. So much money and time spent with them, only to find out I was screwed over big time
Old 02-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by turismo
They're the reason why I decided to part ways with my car as well. So much money and time spent with them, only to find out I was screwed over big time
now I'm twice as disapponted as I was a minute ago.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:36 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Cass007
now I'm twice as disapponted as I was a minute ago.
There are motors at the machine shop now that are payed for, but can't pick up because SGP spent their money . My court date is coming up here soon.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

There are motors at the machine shop now that are payed for, but can't pick up because SGP spent their money . My court date is coming up here soon.
SGP for the FUTHER MUCKING PHAIL!!!! Make them pay brother!!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:42 PM
iamdigital

Still haven't bailed quite yet. I just got super pissd when I didn't jump on a TT C6 Vette for a disgustingly good deal cause I was fkd with 2 Zs in my garage not running and a 6 month wait on a tranny rebuild that should take 3 days to finish. I really wanted to build a monster and I've dumped literally 70-80K into this project(s) but 2 years in and limited drive time got me into a Noble and I've driven it harder and longer than both Zs combined. I'll keep thread updated as this is gonna get messy if I go legal on these guys.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:44 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mrg1981
You ever get that sinking feeling in your stomach? You know, everything is good and then suddenly, you get bad news, but you don't know the details? That's me exactly 60 seconds ago.

I actually don't have any updates or news on the transmission, so this is the first I've heard that Chris actually has my trans, took it apart, or had any information on it. Now I'm dying to know how bad the news is and what exactly it entails? I am at our cabin in Pine, AZ right now and have limited cell phone coverage, but email/PM are good.

Darren-if you or Han or Pete don't mind sharing, I'd rest easier tonight at least knowing some details.

Marshall,

We have not been notified of the condition of your trans -- hence my above post. As we are the business who sent your trans out, it would have been nice to have been advised of the findings, instead of reading about how it relates to the manufacturer, SGP, from a "leak". We are still as much in the dark at this hour, as you are.

Darren
Old 02-20-2009, 06:49 PM
turismo

Still haven't bailed quite yet. I just got super pissd when I didn't jump on a TT C6 Vette for a disgustingly good deal cause I was fkd with 2 Zs in my garage not running and a 6 month wait on a tranny rebuild that should take 3 days to finish. I really wanted to build a monster and I've dumped literally 70-80K into this project(s) but 2 years in and limited drive time got me into a Noble and I've driven it harder and longer than both Zs combined. I'll keep thread updated as this is gonna get messy if I go legal on these guys.
Pics of Noble
Old 02-20-2009, 06:50 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
... instead of reading about it from a "leak".
LULZ, its amazing that guys some how gets to be a mod with such poor handling-of-situations skills..

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 02-20-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:53 PM
iamdigital

Pics of Noble
Had it for a while actually, since my tranny blew and I didn't want to miss SCCA season. My setup is not streetable but if you haven't bought your new ride yet take a serious look. not the most comfortable car but I'm 6'2 and fit and the ride is amazing. I'll throw up a thread when it's out of garage again. Still want a bad@ss street car though. U ever get that GTR or Z06?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Glad to hear you may have reconsidered and I fully understand your frustration. Sounds like you and Turismo might want to have a conversation and join forces for a common goal.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:03 PM
turismo

Had it for a while actually, since my tranny blew and I didn't want to miss SCCA season. My setup is not streetable but if you haven't bought your new ride yet take a serious look. not the most comfortable car but I'm 6'2 and fit and the ride is amazing. I'll throw up a thread when it's out of garage again. Still want a bad@ss street car though. U ever get that GTR or Z06?
Naw not yet, still trying to recoup. I should have one in the next 3-4 months though.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?