Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 03:53 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-14-2009, 03:54 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ Trust me guys... I intend to pursue criminal charges against Mark/SGP. I am waiting for the complete and final results on the inspection of my trans along with photos and whatever stock parts are found that can be used as evidence. Once I have all my ducks in a row, I will contact the Harris County Sheriffs Dept.

I have also heard rumors that Mark may have a drug problem. The circumstantial evidence and the physical signs are present. According to someone who has known Mark and has seen him recently, he doesn't seem to be looking well lately and appears to be "on something". Also... If Mark doesn't have an extravagant lifestyle, WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER'S MONEY GOING??? Because he has had plenty of customers, but he sure isn't using that money to pay his vendors, many of whom have stopped doing business with SGP as a result.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-14-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

damm..mark is going to get it good

ITBRape!
Old 03-14-2009, 04:19 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

I have also heard rumors that Mark may have a drug problem. The circumstantial evidence and the physical signs are present. According to someone who has known Mark and has seen him recently, he doesn't seem to be looking well lately and appears to be "on something". Also... If Mark doesn't have an extravagant lifestyle, WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER'S MONEY GOING??? Because he sure isn't using it to pay his vendors, many of whom have stopped doing business with SGP as a result.
exactly. as an LEO, you know the signs. as an ex-LEO who worked mostly drug cases, i know the signs. if i met him, in person, i would know in a minute whether the truth is out. but, on the external, the signs seem to be there. as i stated previously, theft is a crime of opportunity. what is the catalyst for seizing these opportunties? XKR says Mark is a good person. i trust his judgement. others have said the same. SOMETHING has had to prompt Mark into these nefarious actions. drugs are a heavy motivator. like Rick James said..."cocaine is a helluva drug."
Old 03-14-2009, 05:50 PM
NorthSideRacing

Wow! The plot just keeping getting thicker. I drove by SGP on friday after work. All bays were shut. This is a damn shame
Old 03-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
Wow! The plot just keeping getting thicker. I drove by SGP on friday after work. All bays were shut. This is a damn shame
Thanks for that, at least you drove by and got an actual update..
Old 03-14-2009, 06:50 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Fukin lame.
This means that Mark not only ripped off customers, but he also ripped off vendors in this market. That, to me demonstrates either his arrogance to believe that we would never determine this theft, and/or his complete and utterly awful desperation in the face of financial destruction (or drug problems as has been alleged). Whatever is the catalyst for Mark going down the VRT road is not the issue. EVERYTHING comes out in the wash when it comes to doing dirt. Having said the obvious, Mark being (at least from the outside) a reputable man with considerable tenure in this industry, has lost any sense of acceptable business eithics/morals and can never return to the place that launched him into virtual stardom in this market. These are sad times indeed, when someone like Mark can fall so far from grace and bite the hands that feed.

Darren
Old 03-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My trans is now with Chris in Las Vegas (the same person working on Marshall's trans). I received an update yesterday from Han at Intense.

Chris advised Han that the torque converter is upgraded/aftermarket, HOWEVER it is USED and has visible wear marks!!! For those who haven't been following my story... My trans was never installed back into my car after getting it back from SPG. After hearing the bad news about Marshall's trans and all the bad stuff being posted here in this thread, we decided to have my trans torn down and inspected prior to install. So therefore, there should be no signs of wear on my torque converter!!! Chris is gonna send my torque converter to Pro-Torque to be refurbished/repaired.

After this preliminary inspection, I'm obviously not expecting good news about the internals (clutch packs, valvebody, etc.) on my trans. Since a new torque converter (the easy part of the trans build) wasn't installed, it's doubtful the meat & potatoes of the build were ever done.
Just got home and caught up on todays updates..... Rude, I am very sorry that you have the same issues as Marshall and others. It seems now that it is only a matter of when, no longer if, Mark will be arrested and held accountable for SGP's theft by deception. Justice must be served!!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:59 PM
NeverBoneStock

This just sickens me .. Why doesnt someone grab their video camera go to his shop and start asking the questions ?? You know like a reporter .. Put this cancer on the spot and post it on u tube .....
Old 03-15-2009, 08:31 AM
XKR

^^^ Trust me guys... I intend to pursue criminal charges against Mark/SGP. I am waiting for the complete and final results on the inspection of my trans along with photos and whatever stock parts are found that can be used as evidence. Once I have all my ducks in a row, I will contact the Harris County Sheriffs Dept.

I have also heard rumors that Mark may have a drug problem. The circumstantial evidence and the physical signs are present. According to someone who has known Mark and has seen him recently, he doesn't seem to be looking well lately and appears to be "on something". Also... If Mark doesn't have an extravagant lifestyle, WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER'S MONEY GOING??? Because he has had plenty of customers, but he sure isn't using that money to pay his vendors, many of whom have stopped doing business with SGP as a result.

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Fukin lame.
This means that Mark not only ripped off customers, but he also ripped off vendors in this market. That, to me demonstrates either his arrogance to believe that we would never determine this theft, and/or his complete and utterly awful desperation in the face of financial destruction (or drug problems as has been alleged). Whatever is the catalyst for Mark going down the VRT road is not the issue. EVERYTHING comes out in the wash when it comes to doing dirt. Having said the obvious, Mark being (at least from the outside) a reputable man with considerable tenure in this industry, has lost any sense of acceptable business eithics/morals and can never return to the place that launched him into virtual stardom in this market. These are sad times indeed, when someone like Mark can fall so far from grace and bite the hands that feed.

Darren
Very sad
Old 03-15-2009, 09:36 AM
IIQuickSilverII

rude will make sure justice wont fail...hes the last person you would want to screw like this...
Old 03-15-2009, 10:09 AM
coachk
Banned

If you look at the totality of Marks dealings i.e. business failure,father dying,smoking crack,and very soon criminal charges, thats enough to make him blow his brains out. I certainly don't wish that upon him, I hope he has his huggers watching him 24/7
Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 AM
niceguyyy01

Very sorry to hear this Eric. I was hoping it wouldnt happen to you as well. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:06 AM
turismo

As I stated previously.........crack
Old 03-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Zmego1985

Mark will not be in the shop till tuesday. The shop was not open because hes not back from his family. The death of his father has alot of things that needed to be worked out.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by coachk
If you look at the totality of Marks dealings i.e. business failure,father dying,smoking crack,and very soon criminal charges, thats enough to make him blow his brains out. I certainly don't wish that upon him, I hope he has his huggers watching him 24/7
coachk, roberk might be there
Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 AM
NorthSideRacing

Originally Posted by Zmego1985
Mark will not be in the shop till tuesday. The shop was not open because hes not back from his family. The death of his father has alot of things that needed to be worked out.
I went by there this morning. The shop was closed
Old 03-17-2009, 10:11 AM
gotparts?

supposedly we heard that they are open from 9pm to 6am now.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Boostedtrack350

stopped by there today at 1:30 and the shop was all closed up and nobody was there. Had a delivery notice on the door from Fed Ex.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:03 PM
NorthSideRacing

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
stopped by there today at 1:30 and the shop was all closed up and nobody was there. Had a delivery notice on the door from Fed Ex.
LOL! I was there when Fed-Ex dropped off the notice. The driver didnt seem too happy

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?