Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
turismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Wow.....
Yea, while Mark was driving around in his car(doing God knows what). There are so many reputable companies out there that have exhausts and intakes on the market. Why SGP?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
ACI318

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmego1985
Not to be rude to anyone on this forum, but the poor guys dad just passed away. Leave him the f*ck alone im sure he will take care of whatever is needed to. I personally own a business and know how hard it his to please the f*cking public. The way it is now everything could be fixed in who evers favor and you would all still bicker. As for the rest of the shops if you guys are the best you claim to be why are you on a forum joining in. Is it to get business out of it? I do not put my nose in my competitors issues. Take a word of my advice I have the best Health Club in my area and I dont do pissing contests you should all do the same. You all seem to me that you all have to much time on your hands. I personally was at the shop a week ago and everything looked ok to me. I trust SGP and I am also the guy with the $96,000 GTR. I hope this settles all those rumors as well. Good luck to you all with any issues that are occuring. Mark will take care of it he is a great guy. I know so first hand I flew out 1800 miles to find out in person.

Sincerely, Glen Gilmore
Let me start off by saying that I am a big fan of SGP, but I cant watch this anymore. I was down there in December and saw your GTR, downpipes were off, front bumper was off, some intake tubes were sticking out the top of the engine bay, and your exhaust was off. Man I hope your car gets done, but you are kidding yourself if you think that all these people are lying. I know that bostedtrack had a UTEC in his car when it was dropped off, because it came out of my car. I also know he bought some 650cc injectors from Kyle at IPP, now he is saying that stuff is missing and he isn't lying. Oh well good luck, pay with a credit card so you at least have 30days to get your money back from him.

Pics of your GTR, bet it looks like this now as well.

On the last lift in the shop, Method RN's car was below yours.
Name:  IMG_0326.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  66.4 KB

another pic I took of your oil cooler, I was impressed with the factory duct work and hard lines
Name:  IMG_0327.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  65.3 KB

I have more, but I cant find them. IIRC you had New York plates and the car was black.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:48 PM
turismo

I trust him also how the hell could you fit 350z parts in a GTR they are totally different cars especially transmissions.
I was joking.

Anyways, from what I've heard from a reputable source, your car was taken apart right before you came so you couldn't take your car.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:53 PM
ACI318

I trust him also how the hell could you fit 350z parts in a GTR they are totally different cars especially transmissions.
I would say it is a easy sell for a GTR transmission, is your tranny out of your car?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by ACI318
I would say it is a easy sell for a GTR transmission, is your tranny out of your car?
He better hope not
Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by turismo
I was joking.

Anyways, from what I've heard from a reputable source, your car was taken apart right before you came so you couldn't take your car.
Not sure where you heard that from man.... His car was not taken apart just before he got there, it's been like that for months. Just nothing else has been done to it since.

His exhaust and front bumper have been off the car for a long while. In fact, that UTI Supra sitting the background in ACI318's post has been gone for at least a month. I don't think that GTR has moved in at least 2 months. I could be wrong, but there just hasn't been anything done to the GTR that I can see ever since the exhaust has been off.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
ACI318

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Not sure where you heard that from man.... His car was not taken apart just before he got there, it's been like that for months. Just nothing else has been done to it since.

His exhaust and front bumper have been off the car for a long while. In fact, that UTI Supra sitting the background in ACI318's post has been gone for at least a month. I don't think that GTR has moved in at least 2 months. I could be wrong, but there just hasn't been anything done to the GTR that I can see ever since the exhaust has been off.
Yep, I took those pics back in December 08. Now that Supra, it could have been hauled off for scrap lol. I really like Mark, but I think that there are enough people on here who could post invoices, cancelled checks, nsf checks from Mark, ect. that would really make other believers. If you have been wronged by him prove it, dont just ask us to take your word for it.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, I took those pics back in December 08. Now that Supra, it could have been hauled off for scrap lol. I really like Mark, but I think that there are enough people on here who could post invoices, cancelled checks, nsf checks from Mark, ect. that would really make other believers. If you have been wronged by him prove it, dont just ask us to take your word for it.
Go back a few pages. I posted my invoice from SGP for over $22k. I will post pictures of my stock transmission that was supposed to be a SGP Full Race 5AT when I get the pics this weekend.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
ACI318

Originally Posted by mrg1981
Go back a few pages. I posted my invoice from SGP for over $22k. I will post pictures of my stock transmission that was supposed to be a SGP Full Race 5AT when I get the pics this weekend.
Trust me I fully see that you have gotten burned. I am really just asking others to put the proof out there so members dont get caught up in the "it will be next week", "checks in the mail", "im in a back brace", ect lies.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

The UTI Supra is at UTI with a LS1 in it. It was brought in just this pass Friday.

I've talked with some other people and there is something deeper going on, on both ends, SGP & customer side, I beleive. Mark's dad did pass last week but as mentioned is not an excuse for pervious problems. However "I" would give him at least this week for some time off.

I started a new job and haven't been by SGP or talked to Mark for about a month now. Last time I was there the blue RX-8 was beening loaded onto the trailer. I believe the customer blew the motor, had SGP return it to stock and was going to try to have it covered by Mazda warranty.

None-the-less, Mark has treated me great and I wish everyone else could say the same. But again, I feel, that there is little blame on both parties involed and I truely hope/wish that everyone comes out happy, whatever the end result may be.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:20 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert_K
But again, I feel, that there is little blame on both parties involed and I truely hope/wish that everyone comes out happy, whatever the end result may be.
From an objective POV.. Seems like SGP/Mark is intentionally screwing ppl over..
I don't see how/why customers that PAY to have work performed are to blame.
Your bias is evident..
Old 03-10-2009, 05:29 AM
Zmego1985

To get the story out I flew in without anyone even knowing to see first hand. Like I said I am not trying to start trouble, but I saw my car. I was cool with the time it was taking to work on it, due to the fact my GTR is a hard car to work on. Mark was gracious and a pleasure to meet in person. We can go back and forth on here all day.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Boostedtrack350

Out of respect for the death of Mark's father. I will give him the rest of this week. If nothing is done by Monday of next week, I will post everything I have to show the FACTS regarding my personal situation with Mark and SGP Racing, and I will pursue Criminal charges and a Civil suit against him.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:32 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Well from what I saw their everything was legit I would know I was in the shop, but I guess Im crazy or blind.
Well for starters the cars in the shop were getting worked on, and the junks outside I would put into a trash compactor for taking up space.
Alot of the vehicles outside the job had to be in a car accident.
To get the story out I flew in without anyone even knowing to see first hand. Like I said I am not trying to start trouble, but I saw my car. I was cool with the time it was taking to work on it, due to the fact my GTR is a hard car to work on. Mark was gracious and a pleasure to meet in person. We can go back and forth on here all day.
So by your own admission, you don't know enough about what's going on. Yet you are making claims to try and dispute peoples claims and claim that the shop is legit from your one visit. Gotparts and Northside racing can elaborate on some of the cars on the outside, like the blue Evo and black G35 that are not junk, yet have not been touched in several months. If work was being done to the cars on the inside, it couldn't have been many of the cars since Eric is the only tech there. But I guess the shop is legit cause you are satisfied about the work being done on your car and I'm blind or crazy.

I'm not trying to be a di ck to you Glen, but again. I just don't think you have enough perspective to make any claims here. You can attest to Mark being a nice guy, and others here have already said that. It's his customer service and business practice that are in question.

The UTI Supra is at UTI with a LS1 in it. It was brought in just this pass Friday.

I've talked with some other people and there is something deeper going on, on both ends, SGP & customer side, I beleive. Mark's dad did pass last week but as mentioned is not an excuse for pervious problems. However "I" would give him at least this week for some time off.

I started a new job and haven't been by SGP or talked to Mark for about a month now. Last time I was there the blue RX-8 was beening loaded onto the trailer. I believe the customer blew the motor, had SGP return it to stock and was going to try to have it covered by Mazda warranty.

None-the-less, Mark has treated me great and I wish everyone else could say the same. But again, I feel, that there is little blame on both parties involed and I truely hope/wish that everyone comes out happy, whatever the end result may be.
I don't know where that UTI Supra has been, but I can guarantee that it hasn't been there for at least a month.

I agree that Mark should be given some leeway and time to grieve.

What's the blue RX-8 gotta do with anything?

How am I to blame regarding my situation?

Last edited by MethodRN; 03-10-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by MethodRN
How am I to blame regarding my situation?
You took your car there and paid him to do work, so it's obviously your fault.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 AM
XKR

Guys...The owner of the GTR is really a nice guy.....lets not beat up on him.....All of us who have spoken to Mark in person or even on the phone can tell that he is really a nice person...and this is one of the reasons many have gone to SGP in the past.....Sorry to hear about his father.

That aside....members on here are hurting...No matter what side of the table you are on...the fact still remains that people have and is still getting screwed.....I also sympathize with all of you that have gotten caught up in this....

None of us have a right to bash in defense of Mark the people that have stated that they have been ripped off...UNLESS we ourselves are in the same position as the guys who are caught up in this.

Just my 2$

Last edited by XKR; 03-10-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:54 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by XKR
Guys...The owner of the GTR is really a nice guy.....lets not beat up on him.....All of us who have spoken to Mark in person or even on the phone can tell that he is really a nice person...and this is one of the reasons many have gone to SGP in the past.....Sorry to hear about his father.

That aside....members on here are hurting...No matter what side of the table you are on...the fact still remains that people have and is still getting screwed.....I also sympathize with all of you that have gotten caught up in this....

None of us have a right to bash in defense of Mark the people that have stated that they have been ripped off...UNLESS we ourselves are in the same position as the guys who are caught up in this.

Just my 2$
I'm not trying to bash on Glen(owner of GTR). Just making points that he doesn't have enough perspective to dispute peoples claims of the problems they are having.

Again, I agree that Mark is a nice guy. He has helped me and gone above what he's needed to do in certain instances. However, it's his current business practice that is in question by some and lack of customer service hasn't helped people feel at ease about the state of his business.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:29 AM
gotparts?

and here we go again with you not knowing what you are even talking about. the owner of that car took it out of there due to sgp not replacing there motor that was blown due to improper tuning. the guy replaced his turbo the first time cause mark said it was blown. so after he replaced it the second turbo went bad due to someone not putting the oil orifice not being installed. so, the car sat there for a while with no one working on it so the customer ended up pulling it out and went along with starting a lawsuit on him, like others on this board.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:46 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

If you have been wronged by him prove it, dont just ask us to take your word for it.
First, Zmego1985 and ACI318, WTF are you 2 talking about? there are 3 confirmed ripoffs(i can count) in this thread already, besides just the rumors.
I am guessing you both are trying to get the navygolf label out of robert, because there is plenty proof that mark has ripped people off. Maybe you are just saying that cause you are hopeful your car doesn't suffer the same consequence but don't be moronic in the process
I mean would you sent 20k$ to B. Madoof right now? (he isn't proved guilty in court yet)
If you didnt have issues then thats fine, you can go as far as saying your "back then" story, as method did...but also acknowledging, how much things have gone lately, or dismissing customers with real issues here.

and you find it acceptable that he has the time to finish this off while customers are being ripped off and left in the dark as far of communication. pleaseeeeeeeee .
This thread has demostrated SGP has fallen as low as VRT.... take a guess who you remind me off...

so now you are buying into his story that customers are making stuff up?
hes had plenty of time off....he can get a week to grieve for his dad(may he RIP), it still isn't changing anything, and you know that week isn't going to produce a miracle (ask Marshall).
And who are this other people? mark's left&right huevos?

I started a new job and haven't been by SGP or talked to Mark for about a month now.
so you haven't talked to mark in a month but yet you just said that you have talked to "somebody" to claim something "deeper" is going on with customers too? How is that credible to you? are they sgp employees? mark himself?

see, you have already made it abundantly clear you are just simply going to ignore/dismiss/believe what customers have said here and the FACTS they presented, and take into consideration Marks excuses... BECAUSE YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMM , your car is already done, thats why you come into this thread making smart *** AT comments or why you make stupid comments on greddy kit vs rome....
QUestion: Would you leave your car at SGP for any major work done this days now?
(dont bs with "they are too busy right now")....Do so, so you can see and we can read the sucess of proving you SGP=VRT on page 100.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 03-10-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:55 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

and you find it acceptable that he has the time to finish this off while customers are being ripped off and left in the dark as far of communication. pleaseeeeeeeee .
This thread has demostrated SGP has fallen as low as VRT.... take a guess who you remind me off...
If that UTI Supra has had any work done to it like an LS swap, it wasn't done at SGP. That car sat at SGP for several months maybe even a year and I know it was never worked on. I went up there one day and just noticed it was go, and I asked the tech what happened to it, and he said UTI picked it up. That was at least a month ago that I noticed it was gone. Not sure where the swap was done.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?