Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad they took care of your ride man. Thank god your car is finally out of that hell hole we call SGP.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:18 AM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Thanks guys. Yeah not sure if I should pay that balance now. Reason why is cause I know if I don't I'm gonna be screwing over Eric, who is just doing what he's being told to do and also not being paid for a lot of the work he's doing.

As for Johnny, I am not going to hide the fact that he and Amber are very good friends of mine. However, they treat all their customers this way. This is just the type of people that Amber and Johnny are. Maybe it's because they are passionate about our lifestyle and so they have a better understanding of how their customers deserve to be treated.

Go to Overdrive/JTran and if you're their towards the end of the day you'll soon find quite a few customers begin to show up. Not to check on their cars, but just to hang out, have a few beers, maybe even grill up some food.

BTW, big thanks to the rest of the guys at Overdrive/JTran that helped out.
Don't feel bad for Eric. If he's not getting paid for work that he is doing then thats his choice to stay there, plenty of other shops around that pay their employees. If he's not getting paid because he's screwing up cars then that is a whole different issue. Either way it's not up to you to be Super Hero Customer in his regards. They let you leave with a non-functioning vehicle, and it took them how long to make it non-functioning?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:37 AM
escobar929

if def wouldnt pay up after that, let mark know why you are not paying up and tell him bout all the issues that where found after another FAIL attempt by them

glad there's a place like Jtran that people in that area can take their cars to fix SGPs screw ups
Old 04-13-2009, 09:08 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
I'm glad they took care of your ride man. Thank god your car is finally out of that hell hole we call SGP.
TRUE!

Bro you should see how bad of shape my car is in. Lots of misc. bolts and shiet that are missing. Paint was in horrible condition from layer of dirt and grime. Lots of oil and coolant ON the car. Engine bay is a mess.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TRUE!

Bro you should see how bad of shape my car is in. Lots of misc. bolts and shiet that are missing. Paint was in horrible condition from layer of dirt and grime. Lots of oil and coolant ON the car. Engine bay is a mess.
That sucks man. After working on my car a lot more, I just learned not to take my car anywhere unless I have no choice. Shops just mess up cars left and right and a lot of times, they don't say crap about it. Even friends mess up your ride while giving you a "hand" lol! It's just better to try and do as many things yourself because no one seems to care for cars outside of their own It's truly sad because i'm the type that tries to take care of other people's stuff more than my own when I borrow something.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 04-13-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Method RN I wish you read my post a while back but I had the same exact problem at SGP where the coolant hose popped off. Glad Jtran fixed u up!!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

I wish I had more time to work on my own car.

So coolant hose popping off sounds common.... hmmmm?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

jr,

we are really happy to see your car finally on the road. regardless of the time, there was no way we were gonna let it go with the way it was running. we made it a point to get your car up and running before going to sleep for a couple of hours and heading out to the mayday cruise. its awesome that we got it done and had you on your way enjoying a problem free cruise to and from atx. if you need anything else, dont hesitate to give us a ring. you got all five of the numbers that we have. give us a ring buddy!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:13 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Thank you so much guys!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Its common when leaving SGP..

It happened to me too, had it towed back for fix immediately.. I tried to fix it but when I poured the coolant it landed on the floor..
Old 04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
That sucks man. After working on my car a lot more, I just learned not to take my car anywhere unless I have no choice. Shops just mess up cars left and right and a lot of times, they don't say crap about it. Even friends mess up your ride while giving you a "hand" lol! It's just better to try and do as many things yourself because no one seems to care for cars outside of their own It's truly sad because i'm the type that tries to take care of other people's stuff more than my own when I borrow something.
+1 - Having shops that understand that the car is suppesed to look as good as it runs is difficult. As someone who is attempting (for the third time) to have a show quailty car that will crush most cars on the street, I understand your feelings on this. Luckily, my builder has as much OCD as I do.... even though we have experienced major faill.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:01 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by UpRev
Don't feel bad for Eric. If he's not getting paid for work that he is doing then thats his choice to stay there, plenty of other shops around that pay their employees. If he's not getting paid because he's screwing up cars then that is a whole different issue. Either way it's not up to you to be Super Hero Customer in his regards. They let you leave with a non-functioning vehicle, and it took them how long to make it non-functioning?
<b>+1</b>
Old 04-13-2009, 06:36 PM
XKR

Glad things worked out for you.....sad what Mark did to your car
Old 04-13-2009, 08:30 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Johnny saves the day

Great to hear that you've retrieved your car finally, Junior -- we've known one another for a few years now and I know how you roll.

My hope for the VQ community of Houston (and anyone considering going to SGP) is that enough information is present not only on this board, but MANY others, ensuring that enthusiasts will chose a shop that is capable of dealing with the caliber of professionalism that is required to give the customer a fair shake.

I don't think that it's necessary to vilify shops, or make generalizations based upon a couple of bad pennies though. The philosophical view of universal balance dictates yin & yang, good & evil, etc -- and this just happens to be the bottom feeder of this ecosystem...

Darren
Old 04-14-2009, 07:48 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

^ Well said my friend.

Johnny, Amber and everyone else at the shop saved the day. The weekend really .

It is hard to find a shop that will take the time to be meticulous with a modified car because most of us want the car to look as good as it performs. I can honestly say that Overdrive/JTran is one of those shops.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:15 AM
gotparts?

woooooo! thanks for all the positive comments everyone! jr has basically explained how we are here at our shop! we also work on all types of other vehicles. domestic, european, even off road 4 x 4's.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:31 PM
failsafe306

When i got home from my 8hr trip back from SGP (fcon install/tuning), I discovered a massive puddle of FUEL sitting on top of the engine block, between the heads. Like....3-4 inches deep worth of fuel. When I finally tore into it, I discovered that the 1000cc injectors they installed were much taller than my old ones and had been jammed deep into the fuel rails, destroying the rubber o-rings, causing massive leaking. Turns out they used the same fuel rail spacers that fit my old 500cc RC's It's a miracle that my Z didn't catch on fire on the highway. I ended up making my own custom spacers out of SS washers. That's my SGP experience, FWIW.

Last edited by failsafe306; 04-14-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by failsafe306
When i got home from my 8hr trip back from SGP (fcon install/tuning), I discovered a massive puddle of FUEL sitting on top of the engine block, between the heads. Like....3-4 inches deep worth of fuel. When I finally tore into it, I discovered that the 1000cc injectors they installed were much taller than my old ones and had been jammed deep into the fuel rails, destroying the rubber o-rings, causing massive leaking. Turns out they used the same fuel rail spacers that fit my old 500cc RC's It's a miracle that my Z didn't catch on fire on the highway. I ended up making my own custom spacers out of SS washers. That's my SGP experience, FWIW.
Wow... That's inexcusable. Sorry to hear about yet another SGP customer getting sh*tty workmanship.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 AM
gotparts?

Originally Posted by failsafe306
sounds like the same problem a previous customer had with his "sgp fuel rails" with pt 1600cc's. we ended up changing the rails with some aam rails and everything sealed up fine with no leaks!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

It was wonderful to see JR's car in Austin knowing he enjoyed it as much as he used to despite all of the carp he had gone through!!!!! As stated we take time and pride to make things right for every customer indeed!

-Amber

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?