Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 12:00 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
And the saga continues...
Indeed. Even after I receive confirmation that my trans is safely at Intense... There is still the matter of iamdigital's trans, as well as the issue's with turismo's car and other customer's cars who have yet to come forward into the open forums about their problems with SGP.

Ohh... And let's not forget about the pending 10 buckets of drama that XKR has promised us!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:19 AM
gotparts?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I'm sure he would if he honestly "HAD" your suppose $5 Gs. As far as that day you were picking up your car I had no idea what was going on. I even asked JT and he wouldn't tell me. Also I don't even know what you look like/who you are in person. And as far as the putting anyone on their ass sound like you're the fake thug. Cause a real tough guy would. And if problems run deeper than why aren't those speaking up like you.

When did we ever cross paths??? I might have "feather, mosquito nutz" but my ball-bearing turbos spool!

I have. I'm not going to speak for him on the forum but from my understanding he is waiting on something out of his hands. I have seen your tranny and its crated waiting to be shipped/picked-up.
this is not his transmission. that transmission would be someone elses that was sent there a long while before i quit. intense's transmission is the one that was sitting on the floor for a while. it was sitting there even after i left.

now, let me introduce myself. people on the board that know me, know i am a straight up guy. ill tell you the truth and always keep it 100 with customers and friends. ive been working on cars since 1996-1997. it was more of a hobby that i turned into my full time job. i do work on cars, i was the lead tech and shop manager of sgp racing. i went in dec. 2007 and began work there. after three days of working there i was labeled shop man. and lead tech. i loved my job at the time. it was cool. as everyone can read, i am writing in past tense. it sucks to see whats going on with sgp racing but it is what it is. i am not a bad guy. i do things i am told to do because i was working for mark. now, i didnt agree on some of the **** that i was told to do but sgp was not my business. i tried to help the shop. i couldnt tell you how the parking lot looked when i started. it was packed. by end of feb. to early march, alot of the cars was done and gone. i held meetings once a month to figure out how to make things run smoother at the shop for the techs. i helped with making the customer service alot better. i even sold a big amount of parts. i even got some of my friends cars in there and they paid for work that was never done. and you know what? my friends car is still up there. 6k is what he put down on his car to get built, but still no parts and the car is still in the same spot. business was good for a while but then, it just hit bottom. the excuses that i was given was everything was on back order. some customers were mad because they would make an order and pay in full and never get the part. then they would have to reverse the transaction or get a refund from sgp. when all this started happening, i didnt question anything. i just stayed in there for the time being. i tried to figure out what was going on so i could help mark, but to no avail. alot of **** happened the following months that i dont want to put out on the internet. i ended up leaving after a tech in the back said that i was a piece of ***** because i had to leave for my nephews 1 year bday party. that was the last straw. so i walked. grabbed my tools and bailed. i came back that following monday for the rest of my stuff and i even talked to mark about what happened and all he told me was "i thought we WAS family". wtf? was? whatever. anyways, im just venting on this whole sgp thing due to alot of things said and blamed on me after i left. its like since johnny left, we gonna blame everything on him and use him as a scape goat. stupid idea. theres alot of stuff i can tell you guys about the business but i choose not to. reason being is cause regardless of what happens to sgp, mark is still human. i dont hate the guy. all the ***** he has said about me and also lied to me about, made me stronger. made me want to do my own thing. it is what it is.

robertK : turismo did pay him five grand in form of a check that mark did cash, reason why i know? because ive seen the actual copy of the check that said it was cashed by him. dont get it twisted.

turismo: you know what it is between me and you. you know why i left and all the reasons why i left bro. i wanna apologize on my behalf on all the mishaps of your car. you need anything, let me know. you got my number you ugly curly hair mutherPHucker.

xkr: i chose not to post up anything just because its to my best interest to just stay neutral due to my new business interest. its not a good way to start any business.

intense power daren: if you need anything, lmk. ill be in contact after the holidays to setup an account with you guys. no net 30 crap. no cod. we pay you for the parts we order when we order them. if i can help you anymore, lmk.

jr: mr nextstage magazine front page guy. aint talk to you in a while since phaggot fridays. hit me sometime when u get a chance.

if anything said in my post is up for me getting banned, im sorry. i had to let a lil bit of this frustration out.

Last edited by gotparts?; 12-19-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:30 AM
coachk
Banned

^^ is this the 9 popcorn guy^^^
Old 12-19-2008, 07:32 AM
gotparts?

yes i am that guy you speak of. lol.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:37 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see Robert speaking out of his a$$ again when he doesn't know the true story.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:54 AM
NorthSideRacing

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
I see Robert speaking out of his a$$ again when he doesn't know the true story.

RobertK doesnt know jack-shhhh!!!

GotParts? QFT!!!

Last edited by NorthSideRacing; 12-19-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by gotparts?
this is not his transmission. that transmission would be someone elses that was sent there a long while before i quit. intense's transmission is the one that was sitting on the floor for a while. it was sitting there even after i left.

now, let me introduce myself. people on the board that know me, know i am a straight up guy. ill tell you the truth and always keep it 100 with customers and friends. ive been working on cars since 1996-1997. it was more of a hobby that i turned into my full time job. i do work on cars, i was the lead tech and shop manager of sgp racing. i went in dec. 2007 and began work there. after three days of working there i was labeled shop man. and lead tech. i loved my job at the time. it was cool. as everyone can read, i am writing in past tense. it sucks to see whats going on with sgp racing but it is what it is. i am not a bad guy. i do things i am told to do because i was working for mark. now, i didnt agree on some of the **** that i was told to do but sgp was not my business. i tried to help the shop. i couldnt tell you how the parking lot looked when i started. it was packed. by end of feb. to early march, alot of the cars was done and gone. i held meetings once a month to figure out how to make things run smoother at the shop for the techs. i helped with making the customer service alot better. i even sold a big amount of parts. i even got some of my friends cars in there and they paid for work that was never done. and you know what? my friends car is still up there. 6k is what he put down on his car to get built, but still no parts and the car is still in the same spot. business was good for a while but then, it just hit bottom. the excuses that i was given was everything was on back order. some customers were mad because they would make an order and pay in full and never get the part. then they would have to reverse the transaction or get a refund from sgp. when all this started happening, i didnt question anything. i just stayed in there for the time being. i tried to figure out what was going on so i could help mark, but to no avail. alot of **** happened the following months that i dont want to put out on the internet. i ended up leaving after a tech in the back said that i was a piece of ***** because i had to leave for my nephews 1 year bday party. that was the last straw. so i walked. grabbed my tools and bailed. i came back that following monday for the rest of my stuff and i even talked to mark about what happened and all he told me was "i thought we WAS family". wtf? was? whatever. anyways, im just venting on this whole sgp thing due to alot of things said and blamed on me after i left. its like since johnny left, we gonna blame everything on him and use him as a scape goat. stupid idea. theres alot of stuff i can tell you guys about the business but i choose not to. reason being is cause regardless of what happens to sgp, mark is still human. i dont hate the guy. all the ***** he has said about me and also lied to me about, made me stronger. made me want to do my own thing. it is what it is.

robertK : turismo did pay him five grand in form of a check that mark did cash, reason why i know? because ive seen the actual copy of the check that said it was cashed by him. dont get it twisted.

turismo: you know what it is between me and you. you know why i left and all the reasons why i left bro. i wanna apologize on my behalf on all the mishaps of your car. you need anything, let me know. you got my number you ugly curly hair mutherPHucker.

xkr: i chose not to post up anything just because its to my best interest to just stay neutral due to my new business interest. its not a good way to start any business.

intense power daren: if you need anything, lmk. ill be in contact after the holidays to setup an account with you guys. no net 30 crap. no cod. we pay you for the parts we order when we order them. if i can help you anymore, lmk.

jr: mr nextstage magazine front page guy. aint talk to you in a while since phaggot fridays. hit me sometime when u get a chance.

if anything said in my post is up for me getting banned, im sorry. i had to let a lil bit of this frustration out.
Thanx man.

I'm sorry I came at you wrong in the first place awhile ago. I was just frustrated at the way Mark was handling/running his buisness and not taking care of the customers that were there previously. I gave Mark close to 20k and you see the position my car was in when it left.

I know you had alot to say but couldn't do to you working there. After months of realizing and speaking with former employees, the problem lies within the company. I know you wanted to work on my car, but "Boss Man" said otherwise.

You know I've said this before. My whole frustration was being told that my car would be finished by a certain date and it never was. I've made countless trips, driving 35 miles to come and check the status (since knowone ever answered the phone) of my car. But each time I came, it was never worked on.

Zero
Old 12-19-2008, 07:58 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
RobertK doesnt know jack-shhhh!!!

GotParts? QFT!!!
Damn this thread is being taken over by Team Nexstage ! Gangs ftl .
Old 12-19-2008, 08:02 AM
gotparts?

Originally Posted by turismo
Thanx man.

I'm sorry I came at you wrong in the first place awhile ago. I was just frustrated at the way Mark was handling/running his buisness and not taking care of the customers that were there previously. I gave Mark close to 20k and you see the position my car was in when it left.

I know you had alot to say but couldn't do to you working there. After months of realizing and speaking with former employees, the problem lies within the company. I know you wanted to work on my car, but "Boss Man" said otherwise.

You know I've said this before. My whole frustration was being told that my car would be finished by a certain date and it never was. I've made countless trips, driving 35 miles to come and check the status (since knowone ever answered the phone) of my car. But each time I came, it was never worked on.

Zero
no need to apologize man you said it already, its all out of frustration. i would be frustrated too. trust me, if i could of done something, it wouldve been done. we spoke many times on the phone. i appreciate the apology to the fullest but it is not needed bro. and its zro not zero. go download some of his new songs. you know you love him. hahahah

nsr: what is qtf? im lost.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:05 AM
NorthSideRacing

Originally Posted by turismo
Damn this thread is being taken over by DA TRUTH! .
Edit: Just so happens that a few Nextstage guys used to work for SGP and know the business practice. Also, a few Nextstage vehicles are still at SGP waiting, and some of the vehicles have left. Which Mr.Gotparts? is working on as we speak. So that about sum's it up. Nextstage has nothing to do with what goes on at SGP as a business. Only as a customer....

As you can see, the couple of Nextstage employee's have moved on with their careers.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:19 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Good moring gents. Glad to see everyone having productive convo...
Old 12-19-2008, 09:50 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Hello and thank you for coming forward.

I'm curious... When did you leave SGP? Your statement above made my blood pressure go up a couple notches again. As of yesterday, Mark told Darren that my trans was done and ready to ship. But I have yet to receive confirmation that the trans was successfully picked up by Intense's shipping company.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

i tried to figure out what was going on so i could help mark, but to no avail. alot of **** happened the following months that i dont want to put out on the internet.
Better, but I still feel cheated out of teh popcorns

I am surprised that if one or more people know of something truly shady going on at SGP they would not share it with the community so other members do not get jacked up in the future. This is needed because there are still some forum members that are standing up for SGP saying that all is well except some communication issues between the shop and customers.

Is there a real concern for anyone taking their car to SGP for work or not?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Canadian
Banned

I've been following this thread somewhat as I've had SGP do my valve body. I'll chime in a little bit..

I had them do the VB last December. They sent it back to me, and I put it back in the car. Ever since then the shifting was phucked up big time. There was 3 second delay from when the car would actually shift from 1-2. The shift was sometimes HARD (as in pissing me off hard), sometimes a little less hard, and sometimes felt stockish. It was random. The 2-3 shift was a little delayed but not very. The 3-4 was somewhat delayed sometimes, but not all the time. The car was basically un-drivable in D because I don't know when it would shift. It also slipped every once in a while.

I drove it like that from January (even sent the car to RA to get a retune in the end of January but it slipped on the dyno and was they couldn't tune it) until middle of November. In January I alerted SGP of the problems and they said they would take a look at it and fix anything, no problem. I wanted to, but I couldn't deal with the down time as I needed my car for school. I decided to build the tranny in November. The guy doing the work strongly felt the VB was messed up somehow. I tried for a week straight in November to get a hold of SGP with no luck. I asked XKR to contact Mark for me when he went down there and hand him a letter I wrote. He did, and got back to me. Told me Mark would look at it no problem. I was happy, and so Mark called me a day later and we set everything up.

I sent the VB in and they've been working on it since I believe it was last Tuesday. When we took it out of my car last week we found a solenoid was busted. Mark has it, and says yep its one of the solenoids. He told me it was due to be fixed this week, but after they fixed the solenoid it still wouldn't hold pressure. He took the whole thing apart and found some clutch material somewhere and he got it all out and its working now. Though he told me an expected date of early this week, I understand delays happen when you can't find the source of a problem especially with how busy they are. I also am VERY VERY happy that he is willing to fix this problem a YEAR after I had the work done. It is very good of him IMO to do this.

I've been in contact with Mark every few days, and he told me this morning it will go out today and I should have it on Monday. Overall I am very satisfied with the service I've received from Mark, even though it took a little longer than expected. But what ever goes as expected right?

Just thought I'd chime in here, as my service from them hasn't been bad. I am happy with it and I just hope to get my VB back here in a timely manner so I can drive my car
Old 12-19-2008, 11:45 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Just to clarify my position, in your first statement that I quoted you said "they (refering to the dealership and it's employees) damaged my car", you never said the garage door blew into your car causing the damage. So I was led to believe that there was a difference. But now that you have given the full story, I can see your point.

I know my posts are long, but it's only cause I want to limit any misunderstandings. I am not saying SGP was claiming "act of god" therefore they are not responsible. I said that they have a disclaimer clearly posted. Wether this disclaimer holds any weight I can't say but it's there. That's the only thing I was saying.

I posted about the situation that I knew about which I believe caused a majority of the damage was not directly caused with malice or negligence. The position where Chris' car was parked has been occupied by other cars and in all honesty the damage caused could have happened to any of those cars. It just so happened that Chris' car was the one parked there during the storm. I'm not trying to sound cold to Chris' situation regarding the damage to his car. My car was positioned on the opposite end of SGP against the main bay doors where cars enter the shop. If the strongest winds came in that direction then I'd be in Chris' situation.

I know about the brake fluid incident and I was totally on your side. I did not know that Mark did not cover this. But I never mentioned it because I did not know the outcome. I completely agree that body shop is right across the parking lot. I also agree that Mark definately should have made things right regarding that situation. I was not aware of the door dings and so I did not address it in my posts about the damage to your car. I tried to be clear in my posts, but if I wasn't.... I was just talking about the damage to Chris' car regarding the Hurricane.

Thanks Darren.

I thought I was being clear in my posts, but I'll say it again. I AM NOT TAKING SIDES!!! I am not defending SGP's actions. My only intention in posting was to try and bring to light all the facts.

See my response to Turismo quoted post.

This response is what I have been waiting for from Chris. My posts started because Chris stated his car was there for a year, with no elaboration. Like I said before, I understand Chris' plight and have spoken to him on several occasions. There are no hard feelings between Chris and I that I know of.

Chris, I notice you said that you were having similar issues at Autobanh regarding service and customer communication. Mind telling me in a PM or a call? I'm curious as to what issues you may have had with them for my own benefit because you have not told me any of that before.
Understood .....But the disclaimer will not hold water in this case....SGP is at fault no matter what. He left the car in their care...so they own that baby.

No hard feelings
Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

if its one thing i have learned from this thread.. is.. don't buy an automatic
Old 12-19-2008, 12:01 PM
XKR

No problems Johnny....I checked out everything you told me and its all true...I clearly understand why you are holding back....And I am not going to push you just so that I can get an AWARD for 10 Some of the judges that have seen the script have granted you the award already

I am sure that Intense and Rude and gang thanks you for everything Keep up the good work. PM me if you need anything

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Hello and thank you for coming forward.

I'm curious... When did you leave SGP? Your statement above made my blood pressure go up a couple notches again. As of yesterday, Mark told Darren that my trans was done and ready to ship. But I have yet to receive confirmation that the trans was successfully picked up by Intense's shipping company.
When you think its over...its just the start

Now there is one more award to be given out...Its the "Navgolf" award.... Jorge... you have the envelope with the nominees....we need to know who the winner is. Its a tradition for this award to be giving out at the end of the year....and the winner is....:

Last edited by XKR; 12-19-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:06 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by doug
LMAO! TRUTH, eh?
Old 12-19-2008, 12:09 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Use paragraphs people. I'm sure everyone here has taken high school english, so lets put that knowledge to use.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:10 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by doug

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?