Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

recommended ems for procharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008 | 07:02 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by George@GTM
If you are ok with inconsistent hot/cold starts, hiccups, and an assortment of other annoying problems, then go with the utec, it will be the worst $700 you ever saved.
Cmon he has a 440cc or will be using one so half of the chit you mention dont apply to him. I know you are using a full standalone so you cant compare it to a piggyback that cost half the price. Yes Utec is a biggy back but not your ordinary piggyback since it act like a full standalone when on boost. For medium boosts below 10-14psi then utec does the job. FWIW I dont have any of the problem you mentioned. As matter of fact Utec saved my motor at the track when I was detonating like crazy... Utec even have an active knock control the some standalone dont even have it yet.

Last edited by athenG; 10-24-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2008 | 03:47 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
guess that solves my other question, so it does the job, is this stumble real bad, i mean what does it really feel like and when does it do it and when doesn't it do it.
Well its mostly iratating and its not bad but its really obnoxoiuis(spelling owns me) all i have to to do is downshift and it goes away.It does it just like i explained it to you.
Old 10-28-2008 | 10:52 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by athenG
Cmon he has a 440cc or will be using one so half of the chit you mention dont apply to him. I know you are using a full standalone so you cant compare it to a piggyback that cost half the price. Yes Utec is a biggy back but not your ordinary piggyback since it act like a full standalone when on boost. For medium boosts below 10-14psi then utec does the job. FWIW I dont have any of the problem you mentioned. As matter of fact Utec saved my motor at the track when I was detonating like crazy... Utec even have an active knock control the some standalone dont even have it yet.

I guess all the other people that posted in this thread with their UTEC problems are just lying, and I am wrong then.

Sorry for posting issues that I have seen personally, and what I think the OP should do with his money.

OP: Just buy a UTEC.

-George
Old 10-28-2008 | 11:15 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by George@GTM
I guess all the other people that posted in this thread with their UTEC problems are just lying, and I am wrong then.

Sorry for posting issues that I have seen personally, and what I think the OP should do with his money.

OP: Just buy a UTEC.

-George
No they are not lying but there is a difference, most of the people who have this hot/cold start problem are using bigger injector. The OP said he's going to use 440cc. If the OP said he's going with a 600cc then yes he might encounter the problem you mentioned....
Old 10-28-2008 | 01:10 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by athenG
No they are not lying but there is a difference, most of the people who have this hot/cold start problem are using bigger injector. The OP said he's going to use 440cc. If the OP said he's going with a 600cc then yes he might encounter the problem you mentioned....
This is what I am getting at, you know that we are never happy with the power we start off with, we always upgrade. I was fine with 420whp, for a while then it go boring. So why spend money on something you will have to sell down the road for an upgrade anyway? He will save money in the long run and that is all I am trying to do, help him make a better decision with his money based on what I have been through.

I don't care who he buys it from, I just think it would be a wise investment to get a stand alone.

Also, regardless of his injectors, his car will run, start, and preform better with a standalone you can't argue that. 10x10 map vs. 32x32.

Your opinion of a perfect running car and mine may be very different, which would make us both right, or wrong ?

-George
Old 10-28-2008 | 01:17 PM
athenG

He's also going to run a Procharger SC.. I dont think he'll be breaking record with that kit so if you think he'll get bored and upgrade later then he will endup changing everything.. You might as well tell him trash his Procharger Idea and go straight to TT... I still believe utec is more than enough for a car running below 500whp..
Old 10-28-2008 | 02:04 PM
TinmansZ

I'm with George on this one, been there done that. There's a reason why used Utecs are a dime a dozen in the FS section on this forum.
Old 10-28-2008 | 04:54 PM
athenG

Dont get me wrong I would love to have a Full Standalone but for some of us it is not an option right now... Utec is the closest we'll ever get to a standalone EMS at less than half the cost and blipping the throttle every now and then just to start a car is well worth it if it save us $2000... The OP only have a SC and if he has all the $$$ then dont you think he already have a built motor and a TT in his car? Again this are just my .02..