Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
My dad can beat up your dad........
Dude, that's messed up, my dad died last week in a plane crash...

JK :-)
Old 10-30-2008, 12:19 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gothchick
Dude, that's messed up, my dad died last week in a plane crash.
See....told ya.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Driven1
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
+1 I also sent him a PM on another site

<----all I hear is crickets in regards to the oil analysis "discussion"
I doubt you'll be hearing anything anytime soon unfortunately.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:36 PM
mforrest100

I agree with Alberto. GTM has cleared the points with Julian somewhat but they are still disregarding previous issues. At the end, like we have all said, get it all done at one shop and you will not have this headache. I think Sharif still offers the free transportation on a full build (TT/Built Block). My only concern about using a shop so far away is when issues occur how to take care of them. Makes me think if Chris 'max has resolved his issue yet....smh
Old 10-30-2008, 02:45 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mforrest100
I agree with Alberto. GTM has cleared the points with Julian somewhat but they are still disregarding previous issues. At the end, like we have all said, get it all done at one shop and you will not have this headache. I think Sharif still offers the free transportation on a full build (TT/Built Block). My only concern about using a shop so far away is when issues occur how to take care of them. Makes me think if Chris 'max has resolved his issue yet....smh
Chris issue is resolved.. and Rome and Vino the people of this thread did go to 1 shop.. so i'm lost by your comment..

thats like saying sharif builds your engine in house.. but doesn't build your turbo kit.. Rome and Vino bought their motors from MRC.. they just happen to be GTM Motors
Old 10-30-2008, 04:03 PM
discom

Originally Posted by doug
Chris issue is resolved.. and Rome and Vino the people of this thread did go to 1 shop.. so i'm lost by your comment..

thats like saying sharif builds your engine in house.. but doesn't build your turbo kit.. Rome and Vino bought their motors from MRC.. they just happen to be GTM Motors
I think what he meant is motor built by MRC, installed by MRC and tuned by MRC.

That way, there will be no question of who is liable if motor is no good.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:14 PM
jran76

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
No your english is good enough that I thought it was your first language, the non retards understand your point completely.
OT: English is an official language in Singapore. Everyone speaks decent English (cab drivers, waiters, etc.). It's a cool place (errr... OK, it is humid as hell and hot most of the year, but...). If anyone is over that way, check it out. You don't see too many tuned cars there, but for how small it is (land wise) there are quite a few.

Anyway, back on topic. I would like to know how this is resolved for Rome....
Old 10-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Dynasty.Zero

Good luck Rome, I wish you the best and hope you get back on the road as soon as possible.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:42 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Dynasty.Zero
Good luck Rome, I wish you the best and hope you get back on the road as soon as possible.
ty
Old 10-30-2008, 04:45 PM
doug

Originally Posted by discom
I think what he meant is motor built by MRC, installed by MRC and tuned by MRC.

That way, there will be no question of who is liable if motor is no good.
As i said.. isn't that the same with the turbo kit?

the point is Rome went 1 place for all his stuff.. he has 1 single point of contact.. if GTM wasn't on the boards Rome wouldn't have had any contact with GTM at all..

if something goes wrong with your turbo.. who do you go to? the Greddy Authorize Dealer or Greddy? something wrong with your F-Con... you go to HKS or your Authorize Dealer? You guys keep forgetting almost all the aftermarket parts in your car is from another manufacturer.. GTM just happens to be on the board.. and Rome knows Sam... the fact Rome bought his motor from MRC and not GTM directly means he really shouldn't even have been speaking to GTM
Old 10-30-2008, 04:48 PM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by mforrest100
yea man i got my problem resolved. Thank god it was only something VERY minor (crank position sensor w/o a check engine light). Unfortunately i am having to resolve other issues at the moment that were recently discovered.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:53 PM
chris'smax

come on doug lets play nice

I see where he is going w/ this though. Granted the motors were purchased through MRC, BUT the motors still are assembled by GTM, are a GTM product and are warantied through them. I am not saying whats right or whats wrong here, but if the same person builds the block, installs it, and tunes it then the range of liablility is GREATLY narrowed. Just my opinion.

I do hope all of you guys get back on the road though. I am still in your shoes unfortunately as i have also been for the most part w/o my car for almost 6 months. Hopefully we can all just get back on the road and stop spending money on these damn money pits
Old 10-30-2008, 05:20 PM
doug

Originally Posted by chris'smax
come on doug lets play nice

I see where he is going w/ this though. Granted the motors were purchased through MRC, BUT the motors still are assembled by GTM, are a GTM product and are warantied through them. I am not saying whats right or whats wrong here, but if the same person builds the block, installs it, and tunes it then the range of liablility is GREATLY narrowed. Just my opinion.

I do hope all of you guys get back on the road though. I am still in your shoes unfortunately as i have also been for the most part w/o my car for almost 6 months. Hopefully we can all just get back on the road and stop spending money on these damn money pits
so the same should go for Turbo Kits and EMS too? why should we stop at Engines?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:27 PM
chris'smax

so the same should go for Turbo Kits and EMS too? why should we stop at Engines?
because the engine is the prize possession and what you aim "to protect". You can play devils advocate all you want, but the fact of the matter is that even though the motor was sold by MRC, it is still a GTM motor. I do agree that Rome shouldn't have to deal w/ GTM. Being that MRC is the distributer it should be MRC that handles the warranty matter w/ GTM.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:31 PM
gothchick

because the engine is the prize possession and what you aim "to protect". You can play devils advocate all you want, but the fact of the matter is that even though the motor was sold by MRC, it is still a GTM motor. I do agree that Rome shouldn't have to deal w/ GTM. Being that MRC is the distributer it should be MRC that handles the warranty matter w/ GTM.
So... If I buy a Cosworth long block from Z1auto, have it installed at XYZ Performance Shop, and the thing throws a rod -- Do I take it back to XYZ Performance Shop, Z1auto, or Cosworth?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So... If I buy a Cosworth long block from Z1auto, have it installed at XYZ Performance Shop, and the thing throws a rod -- Do I take it back to XYZ Performance Shop, Z1auto, or Cosworth?

Z1 auto
Old 10-30-2008, 05:39 PM
chris'smax

So... If I buy a Cosworth long block from Adam @ Z1auto, have it installed at XYZ Performance Shop, and the thing throws a rod -- Do I take it back to XYZ Performance Shop, Z1auto, or Cosworth?

that is a dumb a$$ question and doesn't deserve a answer.

You cannot tell me after ALL OF THE YEARS of past bitching and moaning on this website from people who have had multiple shops involved in their builds that we have not learned it is best to use one shop for everything? I am not saying you will be destined for failure if you take this route, but it makes the "warranty" process easier in my opinion. You don't even have to be married to the same shop, but on the initial build, install, and tune i chose to go w/ the same shop(if failure occurs it ALL comes down to one party).
Old 10-30-2008, 05:43 PM
gothchick

that is a dumb a$$ question and doesn't deserve a answer.

You cannot tell me after ALL OF THE YEARS of past bitching and moaning on this website from people who have had multiple shops involved in their builds that we have not learned it is best to use one shop for everything? I am not saying you will be destined for failure if you take this route, but it makes the "warranty" process easier in my opinion. You don't even have to be married to the same shop, but on the initial build, install, and tune i chose to go w/ the same shop(if failure occurs it ALL comes down to one party).
Z1auto only sells Cosworth long blocks, they don't install them. Same thing if you buy a long block from IPP. Same thing if you get a shortblock done at ERL, or heads at HeadGames... So, why was that such a stupid question again??

Last edited by gothchick; 10-30-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well I don't think it was a stupid question completely. It's definitely a situation you want to avoid if possible, but sometimes you just have no choice if it's a part you really want that isn't carried by everyone.

XYZ shop isn't responsible at all for your warranty on an item they don't sell or if you didn't buy it from them. That's part of the perk with buying it from someone is they'll deal with warranty issues. They can be nice and try to call the manufacturer, but chances are they'll basically say "hey this is your part you that you bought all on your own, what can we do? You're the one with the receipt."

the manufacturer is probably going to want to look at the paper trail from their distributors to know you're not someone who bought the part 6 years ago, trying to act like you just bought it. But everyone is different. Some manufacturers - like vortech or cosworth put serial numbers on their big ticket items and might be willing to deal with the end user directly

Last edited by sentry65; 10-30-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
chris'smax

Z1auto only sells Cosworth long blocks, they don't install them. Same thing if you buy a long block from IPP. Same thing if you get a shortblock done at ERL, or heads at HeadGames... So, why was that such a stupid question again??
ok if we really must play this game then i say z1auto. To my knowledge it is z1 autos responsibility to sort out the warranty w/ the manufacturer. In fact i just experienced this. I thought i was potentially having a problem w/ my FCON. In order to go through the warranty process i would have gone through Forged Performance because they were authorized HKS dealers.

The reason i say this question is dumb is because in this scenario (same thing that has happened here before) everyone is left pointing fingers. What exactly is it you are trying to get at w/ this question?

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......