Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01
awww scchmaack!! I saw it when I went by FT today, looking good. BTW, what does it mean when you have white smoke pouring out of the exhaust?... i keeed i keeed!!

Looks like our cars won't be overnight shop buddies for long, you're leaving me!
So I heard a little rumor floating around that your car is going to be done here soon too.

P.S. just went out for a drive only to find I got a puncture on the way back last night.....................awesome.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:16 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Oh, I almost forgot, my car was evaluted for and article in Import Tuner Magazine and was "found to be lacking a bit in the aesthetics" department. I guess this means that because I don't have graphics on my car it's not mag material .

It would be nice to be in a writeup as some sort of validation for all the effort put into this car, but the stealth look is just more my style on the exterior .
i dont think you just build it to put it in a magazine right?...i am mainly happy that it is how you wanted it... it has your own style, your son loves it most which beats any mag cover....
mag covers will come, dont get discouraged...i mean if vrt can make it...
Old 09-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i dont think you just build it to put it in a magazine right?...i am mainly happy that it is how you wanted it... it has your own style, your son loves it most which beats any mag cover....
mag covers will come, dont get discouraged...i mean if vrt can make it...
You're right Jorge, I built the car for me, not for magazines. It was just disappointing to see that its all about stickers and wings

WOW....I am more impressed with the way your car looks than i am with the powa...Not saying that powa is not impressive....I am just saying your car looks good. Thats the magazines lose for not doing a page on it.

615+ on a DD is no joke.....so 11 to 13psi should be more than enough to handle most out there

Dont beat on it....I want to see you both at ZdayZ
I won't beat mine if you don't beat on yours. I WILL be at ZdayZ next year for sure.

I don't think looking for the last couple hp or feeling like something was "lost" from the last set up is a positive way to look at this new build. Every motor is different and if Dave is so inclined to be a little more conservative, I believe it's all in Chris's best interests with reliability being a high priority. That's a beautiful car with a great power curve and I think it's about d@mn time Chris got a chance to enjoy it.
Thanks Raj, I know that Dave was being super conservative and trying to find a balance between performance and reliability.

First off......where are you seeing tq readings for the new graph? That is a psi overlay.......not tq.
EXACTLY

Looks like our cars won't be overnight shop buddies for long, you're leaving me!
It is time for me to start seeing other people , you will be out of there soon enough.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:31 PM
sublimemoment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cass, have you noticed your alcohol consumption decreasing as your build has come together again? lol
Old 09-19-2009, 03:35 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by sublimemoment
Cass, have you noticed your alcohol consumption decreasing as your build has come together again? lol
Bwahahahahhahahahahahaha............................ Not if thurs was any indicator lol.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by sublimemoment
Probably just the opposte. So much stress in making things happen and hoping everything works out this time.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:17 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

wings
Of course it's all about teh salad........and btw:

Old 09-21-2009, 07:22 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So what day this week is the expected delivery?

I wish I would have done this, but if you can/want to, video tape your first drive and your first time hitting it.

I'll never forget bringing the revs up to 4000rpm's and nailing it in 2nd gear, swooosshhh, bang into 3rd and right to redline. I swear for those few seconds I didnt breathe. On tape would have been priceless showing my jaw drop as I went WOT!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:27 AM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DITTO!!!!!

First time I floored it on low boost.......didn't think it could get any faster......then we did the high boost tune,

Oh yea, there was certainly some pucker-factor going on

tom

Originally Posted by Alberto

I wish I would have done this, but if you can/want to, video tape your first drive and your first time hitting it.

I'll never forget bringing the revs up to 4000rpm's and nailing it in 2nd gear, swooosshhh, bang into 3rd and right to redline. I swear for those few seconds I didnt breathe. On tape would have been priceless showing my jaw drop as I went WOT!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Of course it's all about teh salad........and btw:

Wat is the SBC?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:20 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

lol
\

salad bar club
Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Alberto

I confirmed with Dave this morning that delivery will be this coming Saturday so I can make the Hill's Garage open house on Sunday and then get the car waived for PA inspection as a show/parade vehicle with a 5K milage restriction for another year until I title it in FL.

Fuel system is being installed and then I'm first up on the dyno (sorry Karim & abui01). I know the car is going to scare me, so I'm trying to prepare mentally, but its like skydiving, prepare all you want and the first step is still scary. I will consider the vid, but would hate to embarass myself by squealing like a girl at a Jonas Bros concert .
Old 09-21-2009, 09:09 AM
ToastZ

Congrats on reaching the end of a very long road

I'd take it easy and get used to the cars power at your own pace. If you want to feel what the car will do at its upper limit but not quite comfortable driving it yourself then get Dave to drive it with you in the car. With the amount of power you have right out of the gate - take some time to get used to it. Just my 0.02.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:28 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Wat is the SBC?

Be careful opening the following thread as the force is quite strong:

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...represent.html
Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

OMG

LMAO because the photog actually told me that wings are out and canards, splitters, roll cages and racing buckets are in. Being fast = out ... looking fast = in.

Now I know why so many of the cars I see in the tuner mags look like garbage under the hood and claim an awesome 375whp .
Old 09-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Jgrizzle

Im really happy for you man. I hope everything is smooth and you have one hell of a time with your new baby.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Im really happy for you man. I hope everything is smooth and you have one hell of a time with your new baby.
Thanks Grizz - See you Sunday at Hill's Open House
Old 09-21-2009, 01:29 PM
UMW350Z

I sure hope you got some good rubber and a few waivers in the center console

Should _____(passenger) s*** in the seat, said passenger will arrange for a new seat to be installed. 'Cleaning' is not an option.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by rcdash
Car looks great Chris. Congrats. What psi do you plan to run on W/M vs running race gas? That's a lot of power - you may want to just leave it there for awhile before turning up the boost. Honestly I think you'll enjoy a power level lower than that for the street where you find a nice balance of worry free traction and solid acceleration. Modulating boost with your right foot to avoid spinning the tires in all the lower gears is no fun (imo for a dd) but if you can get a Vipec tune that can gradually increase the boost through the gears, that might be the best of both worlds.
Got some info from Dave today on this, right now the boost level is being set by the electronic throttle input, so more pedal = more psi. Over the winter we will have a firmware upgrade wired in that will set up the gear based progressive boost, flat shift, anti lag and traction control.

On the race gas, Dave says a bump to 100oct or a mix with 93/100 will yeild a bit more power with the meth, but going to 116 would require a separate tune because the burn rate of the super high oct is so much slower it would actually rob power.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
So I heard a little rumor floating around that your car is going to be done here soon too.
My car is going to be in another thread titled "Cass Part 2, abui's journey..." along with 2 years of ups and downs and not to mention motors + multiple shops (yes, more shops involved than this thread!) I don't expect it to be done anytime soon, nor do I care since winter is rolling around and I still need to do a TON of upgrades... not just the engine.

Cass,
I got shotgun first when it's done! muhahaha
What time you gonna be there on Saturday? I'm swinging by to see the beast roll out.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress