Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 08:42 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That radar thing is badazz....very nice
Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 AM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine gauge won't read above bout 3/4 of a tank (think one of the level arms is banging the siphon hose)

But it reads accurate on the bottom (which is all I care about).

I've run the tank down to engine stumbling (not pushing the engine at all of course, just to drain the fuel), and filled up with like 18.8galllons (and thats in a 19 gallon tank)....so it picks up way low.

Tom

Originally Posted by Cass007
Dave didn't have many nice things to say about it and asked if I wanted to replace it with the CJM setup, but SP makes them work and if its good enough for Tom it should be good enough for me. Plus I kinda got the ***** of buying things twice, ya know.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:22 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

any updates.

fuel etc all should be done and tuned. what was the final #'s?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:43 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
any updates.

fuel etc all should be done and tuned. what was the final #'s?
As I stated in the other thread, the car went back to the tuner a few months ago to attempt a fix to the idle and make more power. The idle issue could not be sorted out and then for some reason the car lost its tune in the process. The pump tune is OK, but not perfect. I was driving it occasionally @ 15psi or so on the pump tune for a while, but the car is put away for a bit now with salt & cinders on the roads.

Eventually the final tune will be sorted out before ZdayZ, but right now the car makes roughly stock block power and is not drivable on the meth tune. I just don't want to have my car spend another winter sitting inside a shop 2 states away collecting dust for 3 months.

The Z has several small issues that need to be sorted out as well and I hope to have these done by ZdayZ as well. I'm hoping that spring will give me a renewed interest in the car and I will actually get to drive it during warm weather for a change.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:57 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Damn this is ****ed up!! I hope your car is taken care of soon!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:59 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

If I were you I might be tempted to try a different EMS.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
If I were you I might be tempted to try a different EMS.
All options will be considered to get the car making the power it should. I have requested the software and manual for the ViPEC from my tuner so I can educate myself as much as possible on how it works and is hooked up to confirm I don't have a bad connection somewhere, but it is taking a while to get the stuff I have requested.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:53 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
That radar thing is badazz....very nice
yah...been wanting to do it for a while too
Old 12-13-2009, 08:44 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
As I stated in the other thread, the car went back to the tuner a few months ago to attempt a fix to the idle and make more power. The idle issue could not be sorted out and then for some reason the car lost its tune in the process. The pump tune is OK, but not perfect. I was driving it occasionally @ 15psi or so on the pump tune for a while, but the car is put away for a bit now with salt & cinders on the roads.

Eventually the final tune will be sorted out before ZdayZ, but right now the car makes roughly stock block power and is not drivable on the meth tune. I just don't want to have my car spend another winter sitting inside a shop 2 states away collecting dust for 3 months.

The Z has several small issues that need to be sorted out as well and I hope to have these done by ZdayZ as well. I'm hoping that spring will give me a renewed interest in the car and I will actually get to drive it during warm weather for a change.
Consider PF Supercars for cleanup/fixup duties. I have a feeling there's more than meets the eye.

I'm sure you've already talked with Alberto about his experience with Ray.

Last edited by djamps; 12-13-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

I hope this gets sorted out asap, you have been waiting long enough and gone through enough bs...
Old 12-16-2009, 06:56 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

There's some talk about some legendary tuner in Mid-A living in Annapolis, MD. We'll see how Nick(fireboy)'s tune came out.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by bb1314
There's some talk about some legendary tuner in Mid-A living in Annapolis, MD. We'll see how Nick(fireboy)'s tune came out.
Heard that rumor as well... or maybe I spoke to Nick . Either way, Nick has waited a long time as well to get his car sorted out correctly. Looking forward to seeing his final results just because his car has always been beautiful, but now it may be fast as well.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:07 AM
jouvert00

Originally Posted by djamps
Consider PF Supercars for cleanup/fixup duties. I have a feeling there's more than meets the eye.

I'm sure you've already talked with Alberto about his experience with Ray.
+1 on the PFS visit, Ray sorted out my issues and now i have a solid reliable tune.

Last edited by jouvert00; 12-16-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:28 PM
abui01

issues again?! this is no fun. My car is about to be rdy soon... er.. i hope. Then maybe we can have a photoshoot day for Mid-A cars that have been in shops for the longest.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:12 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by abui01
issues again?! this is no fun. My car is about to be rdy soon... er.. i hope. Then maybe we can have a photoshoot day for Mid-A cars that have been in shops for the longest.
Or for the least.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:25 AM
zman1982

Damn Cass, you are one patient man. I feel for you, at this point I don't even know what to say.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:10 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

There's always a price to pay to be on the bleeding edge, such as with the Vipec. I remember cutting my teeth on one of the first Haltech units, but it was relatively painless with Hal available to help. Of course I believe Injected Performance had tested the unit internally for over a year before even mentioning it to anyone.

The Vipec really seems like a great unit, but you'll have access to more folks that know the Haltech on this platform if you do decide to switch. Perhaps it won't be a huge financial hit while there are still some unresolved issues that you can base such a decision on.

Good luck - you better be at ZdayZ though!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:30 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
There's always a price to pay to be on the bleeding edge, such as with the Vipec. I remember cutting my teeth on one of the first Haltech units, but it was relatively painless with Hal available to help. Of course I believe Injected Performance had tested the unit internally for over a year before even mentioning it to anyone.

The Vipec really seems like a great unit, but you'll have access to more folks that know the Haltech on this platform if you do decide to switch. Perhaps it won't be a huge financial hit while there are still some unresolved issues that you can base such a decision on.

Good luck - you better be at ZdayZ though!
This is very true. It takes time to sort out a sophisticated EMS like the Vipec. I have never been given this time by Cass. Not a year but it does require more then a few days and strict timeline from the customer. Plus having to go through other installers wiring and constant changes slows things up a bit.

On a plus side the motor that was assembled by Justice Racing and installed at FunctionTUNED continues to have NO PROBLEMS.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:42 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

I've stayed pretty quiet through this situation but now I feel that I'm not getting a fair shake from CASS. This thread has brought my abilities into question, especially regarding the motor. Now that the motor is running and not having problems I get no time with the car to sort it out where as other shops had months with it to do the mechanical work. So the second most complex part in the car after the engine and the part that requires the most customization gets the LEAST TIME?

I'm sure everyone can understand where I'm coming from.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:55 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Dave, I think this thread has been quite an emotional roller coaster for Chris as well as the community. While everything was examined critically at some point or another, my overall impression from this thread alone is that you came through with flying colors.

It is understandable that you need time with the Vipec on Chris's car to perfect implementation of a piece of technology this advanced and this new to the VQ platform, but I can understand Chris's need to have this car in his possession after the long hiatus from it. Perhaps the R&D can all be done on the shop Z and then Chris can bring it in to be updated/refreshed afterwards? This is all between you and him and this forum probably isn't the best place to discuss it. I do know as updates came out for the Haltech to fix little glitches or activate new features, for the most part, we could all just do it remotely (via e-mail or download)? The same map on a similar car should cause the same issues? When Chris gets up to speed on the Vipec, he may be a great R&D partner.

Last edited by rcdash; 12-17-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress