Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:08 PM
SweetDreamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good points above....very risky to use an unproven item..how do you debug then? Where do you point the fingers? You've got soooo many new items going in...you are BOUND to have some issues...it would be good to have at least one less area to have to blame it on...just my opinion...
Old 01-17-2009, 07:03 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Thanks for all the positive feedback on the build guys (and Gothchick). I must say that its such an up and down process - I feel excited on days when the new parts arrive, but they are few and far between, especially in relation to the days when money just goes out and the car just sits and does nothing .

I honestly don't know how anyone could concentrate on a full time job and do a build like this at the same time. I spend so much time running around to drop off or pick up parts, sourcing parts on the forum or from vendors, trying to find answers to questions or problems and packing and shipping things that I basically have stopped working for the past month. I don't think it has been said enough how difficult this process can be, unless you have an unlimited budget and your builder can be paid to do every little thing for you.

Money is a separte issue, I often feel foolish spending so much in a slumping economy. The recession has finally caught up with my area and my restaurants are the slowest they have ever been and its really kind of scary since my paycheck is dependant on staying busy. Here is a pic of two of my places:

Attachment 224272 Attachment 224273

Anyway, I guess I'm in the home strech now, so I am going to try and not concentrate on the $$$$ going out and look forward to the final result. I am trying to make a final decision on an EMS and have it narrowed down to one that is tried and true (Haltech) and one that is an unknown but has a lot of potential (Vi-PEC). The Vi-PEC is basically an upgraded version of the Autronic - in my very basic understanding.

hang in thread brutha, once its all done the pain will go away

on the ems out of your choices id pick haltech
Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Small update

Just a little update on whats going on. Frank is working on the longblock assembly this week and into next, he is waiting on some bolts I have from powder coat. I have a full engine bolt kit waiting for pickup from powder coat as well and will be dropping off the lower plenum and APS Tall Boy later this week if I can get them sanded down smooth, otherwise they come out looking lumpy or textured.

I received my APS 3" true duals from turismo this past week as well and it is gorgeous. Pics:

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04206.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04207.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04208.jpg

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04205.jpg

You can see there is a slight blemish on the stainless weave, but nothing that should cause a problem. Thanks again Turismo.

I was also able to sell my Utec and my Fujitsubo exhaust this week to other forum members (thanks guys) and my TN kit is in Florida awaiting delivery to another forum member. I uninstalled the Utec myself and enjoyed learning a little more about my car in the process, by the time I'm all done I should have a general knowledge about how to do many different things.

I am hoping to have my lights from CiNcity shipped out this week and I need to call Jet-Hot again and see where my parts are from them as well. Jet-Hot was supposed to be shipped out last week - so much for their 2 week turn time.

Lastly, I should receive my replacement rear Brembo caliper on Friday and will have to decide if I will try and install and bleed the brakes without any power assist. Right now I'm just trying to slow down a bit and not try and push the pace too much, rather just let things come together as they will .
Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM
jtgli

Come along nice....any est date yet as to when itll be all done?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by jtgli
Come along nice....any est date yet as to when itll be all done?
The day after never or whenever I run out of money..... whichever comes first.

I am hoping by late March or early April.

Last edited by Cass007; 01-21-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

I just spoke with Jet-Hot in Oklahoma. My parts are shipping today or tomorrow at the latest.

I have also traded a few texts with Nic at CiNcity and he said my LEDs came in, but are the wrong color (white instead of blue). We are trying to reach a resolution to that problem right now. I saw that Rude's lights are done now and they are awesome.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...s-___-129.html

I just remembered something else, DO NOT BUY BREMBO REPLACEMENT STICKERS FROM THIS PLACE !!!

http://www.xenonmods.com/newallcaliperdecals.htm

I ordered mine almost 3 weeks ago and never received them. At first the guy was telling me they would be shipping in another day or two, but now he just ignores me. If any members know a real place to get the stickers for Brembos please let me know.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:28 PM
turismo

Just a little update on whats going on. Frank is working on the longblock assembly this week and into next, he is waiting on some bolts I have from powder coat. I have a full engine bolt kit waiting for pickup from powder coat as well and will be dropping off the lower plenum and APS Tall Boy later this week if I can get them sanded down smooth, otherwise they come out looking lumpy or textured.

I received my APS 3" true duals from turismo this past week as well and it is gorgeous. Pics:

Attachment 224924 Attachment 224925 Attachment 224926

Attachment 224927

You can see there is a slight blemish on the stainless weave, but nothing that should cause a problem. Thanks again Turismo.

I was also able to sell my Utec and my Fujitsubo exhaust this week to other forum members (thanks guys) and my TN kit is in Florida awaiting delivery to another forum member. I uninstalled the Utec myself and enjoyed learning a little more about my car in the process, by the time I'm all done I should have a general knowledge about how to do many different things.

I am hoping to have my lights from CiNcity shipped out this week and I need to call Jet-Hot again and see where my parts are from them as well. Jet-Hot was supposed to be shipped out last week - so much for their 2 week turn time.

Lastly, I should receive my replacement rear Brembo caliper on Friday and will have to decide if I will try and install and bleed the brakes without any power assist. Right now I'm just trying to slow down a bit and not try and push the pace too much, rather just let things come together as they will .
Bump for Turismo

No problemo amigo. Anytime!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM
ibkarlito

I was also able to sell my Utec......
Looking good! Sooooo, I may have missed it in the thread - but.........what EMS are you going to?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
35Z

Default Modeling Cost

Read your thread...

One Question: So all this mods only cost you a new washer/dryer thus far? So what is said on the net, stays on the net, right?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:05 PM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

getting closer!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 35Z
Read your thread...

One Question: So all this mods only cost you a new washer/dryer thus far? So what is said on the net, stays on the net, right?
Its like the military, don't ask - don't tell. I haven't even given the thread info out to many of my friends because the wives talk to each other. Besides, I gave up gambling this year to do this so its almost a push. I don't have a lot of hobbies.

Looking good! Sooooo, I may have missed it in the thread - but.........what EMS are you going to?
Have it narrowed down to 2 - f-con isn't one of them, sorry Karl

getting closer!!!!!!!!
slowly but surely..... I think I can, I think I can.....
Old 01-21-2009, 04:47 PM
thom000001

Cass we all know I'm Pro pro-efi. Car just drives so smooth and no need for multiple tunes.

But keep in mind who is doing your tuning........
Can be a pain having your tuner 1000miles away......just a thought (I lucked out with pro-efi and pro-efi guru 20min away).

Tom

Have it narrowed down to 2 - f-con isn't one of them, sorry Karl ...
Old 01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by thom000001
Cass we all know I'm Pro pro-efi. Car just drives so smooth and no need for multiple tunes.

But keep in mind who is doing your tuning........
Can be a pain having your tuner 1000miles away......just a thought (I lucked out with pro-efi and pro-efi guru 20min away).

Tom
- I hear you man.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:20 PM
ibkarlito

Have it narrowed down to 2 - f-con isn't one of them, sorry Karl

....it was worth a shot
Old 01-21-2009, 06:03 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Cass007, I am with you. As I stated earlier, seeing your powder coating gave me lots of inspiration, especially when I realized I had to drop my motor after my last brain dead (BD) stunt. But I wasn't quite ready to deal with the brain damage on the home front. Thank goodness I have a business account. Anyways, when my build is done, it should be a great marketing tool. Then, what can she say??

Last edited by ttg35fort; 01-21-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
Cass007, I am with you. As I stated earlier, seeing your powder coating gave me lots of inspiration, especially when I realized I had to drop my motor after my last brain dead (BD) stunt. But I wasn't quite ready to deal with the brain damage on the home front. Thank goodness I have a business account. Anyways, when my build is done, it should be a great marketing tool. Then, what can she say??
- I think if the wife knew the true cost of this little project there would be some very quiet nights in my future. She really is great though, only once has she given me any serious questions about what is going on - I just reminded her I basically spend no money and don't say a word when the credit card bill shows up every month. Plus, I actually have an asset to show for my money instead of it all ending up at the Borgata.

+1 - I have confirmed with my accountant that if I purchase some graphics with my business logo (magnets from Redline Designs most likely) and take a few pics of my car at meets/shows I can write off the entire build as an advertizing expense.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 AM
thom000001

I lucked out.....well started the build while I was dating someone, her and I broke up mid-build so when I was done was/am single.....plenty of time for the G.

So now my first love doesn't get jealous anymore lol.

tom

- I think if the wife knew the true cost of this little project there would be some very quiet nights in my future. She really is great though, only once has she given me any serious questions about what is going on - I just reminded her I basically spend no money and don't say a word when the credit card bill shows up every month. Plus, I actually have an asset to show for my money instead of it all ending up at the Borgata.

+1 - I have confirmed with my accountant that if I purchase some graphics with my business logo (magnets from Redline Designs most likely) and take a few pics of my car at meets/shows I can write off the entire build as an advertizing expense.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:50 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by thom000001
I lucked out.....well started the build while I was dating someone, her and I broke up mid-build so when I was done was/am single.....plenty of time for the G.

So now my first love doesn't get jealous anymore lol.

tom

- I know what you mean, before I got my Z I bought a Lexus SUV and put all my time and attention into doing mods to that (TV's, audio, 22's), now the Z gets all my time and even took the spot in the garage the Lexus used to have. Every once in a while I can feel a jealous vibe going down in the garage .
Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 AM
jtgli

Advertising expense huh? Hmm I might need some Ameriprise Financial stickers in my future soon hahahahahahaha.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress