Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z006
Damn that's pretty...almost patriotic, where's the white?!
No white, but the polished piping from the APS kit should give it just the right amount color offset. The cam covers were supposed to come out chrome like, but that was a FAIL. I may have them re-done in chrome down the road.

That looks great. I hope everything goes well for you
Thanks man - for your build as well, we have a lot of very similar components.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cass007
The cam covers were supposed to come out chrome like, but that was a FAIL. I may have them re-done in chrome down the road.
I saw the pictures with out the cam covers..i thought that would look good if he had polished covers. Polishing those covers is very easy I did mine in an 1hr or so. Now that they are powder coater you would be better off buying new ones and polishing them.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:26 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Thanks Terry - that was what I was thinking. I have a feeling that I will wait and see if I can keep it quiet when I want so I can stealth around town if needed. Also, the wife will play a role, if the car is crazy loud she won't ride in it and we will be rocking her Volvo everytime we go out. With her the windows are always up - can't mess up the hair .
Cass you are in the mid-a and we all now exactly what you have.Trust me you wont catch anyone by suprise.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Cass you are in the mid-a and we all now exactly what you have.Trust me you wont catch anyone by suprise.
- Shhhhh.... we both know that half the Mid-A is banned at any one time, maybe I can sneek up on one of those guys .
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Sick Engine!! Youll prob get your car before I get mine...
Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:34 PM
leozim

hows the build going chief?
Old 03-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by leozim
hows the build going chief?
Hey Leo - hope your trip abroad was fun. Welcome back.

Its moving day today as the rollback comes first thing this morning to pick up the car and take it to Hill's Garage. I have what looks like another whole car packed into my SUV since the car is somewhat disassembled right now. I will be installing the EDFC I bought from Leo this week hopefully (great seller BTW). I will have some pics up of the move later today.

Price to tow the car to Baltimore - $200.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:12 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Good price on shipping... GL!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Default Moving Day

So, today was moving day for the Z. After a restless night of sleep I woke up early and started double checking that I had all the parts to make the move to HG. I opened the garage door and see this........ WTF!! - Its March Dammit!!

No snow in the forecast - classic. I regroup and prep for pick-up, the tow truck arrives and gets positioned to pull the car right out from the garage.

After several attempts to back up my driveway, the driver guns it and makes it to the top. As he attempts to get between my two garages he misses the gravel by the new garage and yard jobs me like a drunken 16yr old.

Just then the wife comes out to leave for church and sees this awesome handiwork. Needless to say, she is less than pleased. I see a blouse or small appliance in my future . "How much does this cost?" she asks. "Hello, tax write-off", I reply - silence follows.

We finally start loading the car and just as it starts up the ramp I hear a loud "POP" and then see two small bolts fly up onto the rollback. I get out of the car and realize that the crash bar mounting bolts on the lower mounts are missing, Frank later tells me that we took them off when removing the TN kit, but were in such a hurry to get the car loaded to head home that we forgot to re-install them. The parts that flew off were two locator pins that are just plastic, so no big deal. So much for using the tow hook though.

A couple of pics of the car loaded up for travel.

An action shot from 83 south - this guy was flyin the whole way 70-80 mph - he said he figured I would keep up.

Almost everything is safe and sound at HG now. I keep finding things I wish I had powder coated now, but they will have to wait. Frank Has made some nice progress with the motor, but that is for another day. Assembly starts tomorrow unless we get the 5-7 inches of snow that are forecast for my area and 7-10 inches around Baltimore according to the weather channel. Of course....

Lots of updates in the coming days. Let me know if I should keep the photobucket pics or use the attachments like the rest since I have finally taken the time to try and figure out this sh1tbox camera I have.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 PM
carlili4190

are those 06+ tails? I cant remember if you said you have them...

edit: nvm i went back a couple of pages and you do...
Anyways good luck with the build i enjoy the updates.

Last edited by carlili4190; 03-01-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:05 AM
mforrest100

So, today was moving day for the Z. After a restless night of sleep I woke up early and started double checking that I had all the parts to make the move to HG. I opened the garage door and see this........ WTF!! - Its March Dammit!!

No snow in the forecast - classic. I regroup and prep for pick-up, the tow truck arrives and gets positioned to pull the car right out from the garage.

After several attempts to back up my driveway, the driver guns it and makes it to the top. As he attempts to get between my two garages he misses the gravel by the new garage and yard jobs me like a drunken 16yr old.

Just then the wife comes out to leave for church and sees this awesome handiwork. Needless to say, she is less than pleased. I see a blouse or small appliance in my future . "How much does this cost?" she asks. "Hello, tax write-off", I reply - silence follows.

We finally start loading the car and just as it starts up the ramp I hear a loud "POP" and then see two small bolts fly up onto the rollback. I get out of the car and realize that the crash bar mounting bolts on the lower mounts are missing, Frank later tells me that we took them off when removing the TN kit, but were in such a hurry to get the car loaded to head home that we forgot to re-install them. The parts that flew off were two locator pins that are just plastic, so no big deal. So much for using the tow hook though.

A couple of pics of the car loaded up for travel.

An action shot from 83 south - this guy was flyin the whole way 70-80 mph - he said he figured I would keep up.

Almost everything is safe and sound at HG now. I keep finding things I wish I had powder coated now, but they will have to wait. Frank Has made some nice progress with the motor, but that is for another day. Assembly starts tomorrow unless we get the 5-7 inches of snow that are forecast for my area and 7-10 inches around Baltimore according to the weather channel. Of course....

Lots of updates in the coming days. Let me know if I should keep the photobucket pics or use the attachments like the rest since I have finally taken the time to try and figure out this sh1tbox camera I have.
We need attachments for those that view this at work. This thread is like a daily routine with my breakfast and CITI blocks all type of media web pages including those used to host pictures. Attachments let me view. Thanks for asking....

Last edited by Mike Wazowski; 03-02-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:14 PM
35Z

Exclamation New small appliance(s)

Not again - LMHO!!

So... what's the new small appliance you are about to purchase? If not some new time saving gismo, then maybe new landscaping once the snow blanket melts away - yeh!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 35Z
Not again - LMHO!!

So... what's the new small appliance you are about to purchase? If not some new time saving gismo, then maybe new landscaping once the snow blanket melts away - yeh!
Compromised on sod for the damaged lawn and she will be attending Mary Kay and Cabi parties in the coming week, so I will be on childcare duty as well. I got off easy this time.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Today was the first day of install and started off with massive FAILURE!!

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04533.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04535.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04537.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04538.jpg

Woke up to find 4-5 inches of fresh powder - AWESOME. After waiting to see if school was cancelled and dealing with employee staffing issues I was able to head out to Baltimore aroung 10am.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

For anyone that ever has to travel in PA in the winter remember this: PA only plows after it stops snowing, not while its snowing like other states. Here are the roads in PA:

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04539.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04540.jpg

The second pic is from 83 south - one of the busiest roads in the state. Here is a pic of the same road 10 miles futher south when I crossed into Maryland:

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04542.jpg

WTF PA???? Get with the program already. It normally takes me a bit over an hour to get to Hill's Garage, today it took just under 2 hours. Frank had to shovel out this morning as well, so we got a later start then expected, but Frank had made good progress before I got down.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

We decided to finish mounting the Brembos since I finally got the replacement caliper back from powder coat and we wanted to see if the seals needed to be replaced or not. Frank bled them out and after we tightened all the bleeders down there were no leaks - project one completed . You can really see how the powder coat cracked under the clearcoat in these pics - the finish is nice and smooth though and the don't look that crappy from a few feet away. I forgot the decals at home today, but will get them on tomorrow.

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04544.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04545.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04546.jpg

After the brakes were finished the coilovers were next. I sidetracked Frank first to help me install a power wire for my amp while we were running the wiring for the EDFC. The work was slow and tedious since wiring is not much fun. Frank got the coilovers installed and I spent time working on a template to conceal as much of the meth resivoir as possible in the drivers side rear corner of the hatch. I am hoping to get the wiring for the meth completed tomorrow as Frank works on pulling the motor. The coilovers look great - Tein Comfort Sport model.

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04547.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-dsc04548.jpg

Should have lots of pics tomorrow. Frank says I should have taken more today so I could post a DIY on EDFC and Meth install - very funny.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

who did the powder coating? actually looks kind of cool like that.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
sublimemoment

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
who did the powder coating? actually looks kind of cool like that.
+1
Old 03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
BlinkerFluid

Looks good Chris. I'd pick on you guys up north about the snow, but we had a few furries here in AL yesterday.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress