Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 AM
jtgli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Aren't you in Florida for spring break?? As a fellow Nittany Lion, I must say that I am disappointed that you are still sober at this hour .

At the rate things are going I may need a ride down on Thursday if you are available. Keep your cell on and I'll let you know.
Haha sry last night wasnt a drinking night for me. Give me a call if you need a ride then that fine, Id like to bring the Z out for a drive ha. But its gotta be on Friday cuz I found out I dont get back until 8pm on Thursday. But let me know man.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any new vid for me Cass?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Any new vid for me Cass?
Tomorrow Jay - had to get people paid and put money in the bank today. Plus get my corporate taxes in the mail .

I spoke to Frank today and he got the wheels on and coilovers balanced out so the car sits about 1 finger off the wheels. He is less concerned about the low compression after taking into consideration the cams and the extensive headwork I had done. Its down to a little wiring for the meth kit and a few other small details and the car is 100% ready for tuning.

I just need Dave to get the Vi-Pec squared away and its time to see what my ZLEEPER will do on the dyno.

Do you have your car yet? Any answer on my vacuum question yet?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

I wont get my car back till Friday at best...
Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
UpRev
Banned

Just one wideband as far as I know. I only have one gauge.
Looks like Wideband O2 sensors on each side near the top of the downpipe. Those are probably going directly to the ECU.

The third Wideband O2 at the end of the pipe on the passenger side is probably for the gauge, since that is the lean side of the motor.

Just my opinion from looking at the pics, maybe you can clear it up.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by UpRev
Looks like Wideband O2 sensors on each side near the top of the downpipe. Those are probably going directly to the ECU.

The third Wideband O2 at the end of the pipe on the passenger side is probably for the gauge, since that is the lean side of the motor.

Just my opinion from looking at the pics, maybe you can clear it up.
I will ask Frank in the morning. UpRev, can you PM me your email address I have questions about my reflash. It is your flash that F:T is using correct?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Glad to see the build is coming together nicely! That engine bay is looking good and the car sounds great!

Between your build and Jay'Z getting his car back, I'm getting SOOO anxious to get my G back soon! Damned SGP trans issues.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Glad to see the build is coming together nicely! That engine bay is looking good and the car sounds great!

Between your build and Jay'Z getting his car back, I'm getting SOOO anxious to get my G back soon! Damned SGP trans issues.
Thanks Rude - I'm sure your G will be a beast when it gets back from Intense...... now the trans, maybe 50/50 .
Old 03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by LIGHTSPD
Nice to see you chose the ViPEC. As the North American Training Center for the VIPEC I am sure you will be exceptionally pleased. We have now installed and have most of the features up and running for the 350Z and G35. We have finished with all the drive by wire functions. There will be a plug and play system available within the next couple weeks. If you or your tuner have any questions please feel free to call us at 1-866-95-VIPEC or you can email me at cam@lightspeedinnovations.com.

Cam Koole
Technical Services Consultant
ViPEC TRAINING CENTER
Lightspeed Innovations
1-866-95-VIPEC

For more information about ViPEC and or upcoming ViPEC training sessions please email cam@lightspeedinnovations.com
A quick shout out and Thank You to Cam at Lightspeed Innovations for helping to answer questions and troubleshoot the ViPEC EMS. I really appreciate your time and input into helping get my project on the street.

I'm looking forward to seeing numbers from Gord's (Sylvan Lake V35) build after he is through.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Jay'Z, here is the vid you asked for, I hope this helps. This was right after a cold start and the idle is still very loopy until it warms up and then it smoothes out and levels off around 950rpm.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i556.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid556.photobucket.com/albums/ss9/cassese007/CloseupIdle.flv">
Old 03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Today was detail day, Frank and I finished just about everything that could be done except a few connections that need to be made for the EDFC and the meth kit, but Frank wants to wire them into the patch harness that Dave has so the factory harness will remain untouched. We got the underpan back on, but had to drill all new holes and reverse the mounting clips since the Stillen front was sitting back further than the stock bumper. Frank hooked up the dimmers on my pillar gauges (thoses bishes were bright at night) and wired up the meth kit. The plastics are all back on except the passenger side lower dash so the ECU can go right in.

I finally got to see the car on the ground today for the first time and all I can say is WOW!!! Frank has the suspension set just at the top of the tires up front and he will drop it to match in the rear tomorrow - SICK!! We started it up and went for a short test drive, no wastegate springs, so no boost, but it rode real nice and didn't scrape or bottom out the suspension. It was a bit loud since the wastegates were open at idle, but it should be perfect when the springs are back in. When the car starts from cold the idle is loopy and mean as hell (you can hear it in the vid), but it smoothes out as the car warms up and the Carbonetic Twin is not too grabby and nice and quiet as well. The quaife rear diff has absoutely zero binding around corners, so that was win also. Oh, I can't forget the CiNcity lights, still possibly my favorite mod. So far.....so good, its almost there.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i556.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid556.photobucket.com/albums/ss9/cassese007/LeavingtheGarage.flv">

FWIW, I can't say enough good things about Frank Hill and his shop. He has been so patient with me during my build and always went the extra mile to make sure things weren't just done, but done right. I am not an easy customer to deal with and Frank always answered my questions, gave advice on my DIY projects and made sure to keep my build on schedule. I would highly recommend Hill's Garage to anyone looking to go F/I that wants to have professional service with a personal touch.

A Thank You as well to Sharif at Forged for always responding to questions I ask via PM even though we have never met or done business toghether. Its no wonder Forged has one of the best reputations in the industry.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Good too see its coming right along . I might be aways (may)from getting my turbos . I cant wait to see how you like the features. I am not sure if your using the traction control and launch control, flat shift ect ect. Keep us posted on how the features work.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
BlinkerFluid

Sounds good, next better be videos driving.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:58 PM
wannabuy350z

glad its running...
Old 03-11-2009, 06:57 AM
ajcool2

Hey CASS I dropped off my Z to Frank and he let me check out your Z and man it is looking nice! You definatly have the best looking engine bay I've seen in a Z. I heard you had the shop on lock last week so I had to wait to get my springs put on. Hopefully Frank will be installing my n20 soon.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice, you are sooo close....

I met Frank one of the first days he had started at AAM when my car was there, and he stayed late to help diagnose an issue with my car. I bought him a 6/12 (forget) pack of some beer he wanted after I insisted I wanted to do something for him. Never dealt with him again as I left AAM due to other issues, but he left a good impression on me. Nice to see him doing his own thing.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Alberto
Very nice, you are sooo close....

I met Frank one of the first days he had started at AAM when my car was there, and he stayed late to help diagnose an issue with my car. I bought him a 6/12 (forget) pack of some beer he wanted after I insisted I wanted to do something for him. Never dealt with him again as I left AAM due to other issues, but he left a good impression on me. Nice to see him doing his own thing.
He has positive memories of you as well and confirms that you truly know how to drive your beast.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's cool man, tell him I said hello...

<---not sure if Frank is on here a lot
Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

I had to come listen to the vid again man it sounds sick It makes me anxious.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 AM
UpRev
Banned

I will ask Frank in the morning. UpRev, can you PM me your email address I have questions about my reflash. It is your flash that F:T is using correct?
rich@uprev.com

Yeah Dave is using our software now.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress