Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
Change your sig Cass. You are not a failure. Someone involved in your build made a mistake - that is all. This is all business and you need to handle it as such. Get everyone together and work out a plan for diagnosis and rebuild - in writing so it's all perfectly clear for everyone involved. If everyone is above board, this will work out with no money out of pocket for you.

The delay and waiting is terrible, but you won't be the first one to be waiting a long time for a build. Hang in there.
ive waited quite a bit more than Cass.... i dont knwo if the time is pissing him more than the fact that this is jsut 3rd? issue...

and PLEASE CHANGE YOUR ZIG..... it depresses me even more to think that you feel like that.... you did your reserach you didnt have outrageous goals...you are OFF THE HOOK as far as fault goes...
that zig goes along with true epic fail members like lawchic.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:29 PM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks Chris,
Can't help but wonder if the rag being injested at some level (it was pretty chewed up) did help lead to this.

Last edited by thom000001; 06-24-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:42 PM
alan21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

un f*cking believable.I seriously got sick to my stomach after ready your post. This is rediculous and I have to point all fingers at hills garage. You should be covered 150%, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Also that rag probly did more damage then meets the eye, check the oil passages/oil pump for some more remains of the rags. Good luck man, I wish you the best and hope you stick it out.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:19 PM
thefireboy

Originally Posted by alan21
un f*cking believable.I seriously got sick to my stomach after ready your post. This is rediculous and I have to point all fingers at hills garage. You should be covered 150%, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Also that rag probly did more damage then meets the eye, check the oil passages/oil pump for some more remains of the rags. Good luck man, I wish you the best and hope you stick it out.
call me stupid but how would the rag have ended up in the oil passages/ oil pump????????
Old 06-24-2009, 04:35 PM
ToastZ

I have no words, Except these,....

"&^%$#@!#&#*$^*#^$*#^$*#^$*#^$(&*(&^%*(#^IHFKDSHFKDJH FKAJHKL ASHFIUEWYR EAIUYHKJDHF*(^@$*#^$*&#^%*&^#*%^#*%&^*#&^%*#&^%SHFJHSDJGHFJG SDFJHDGFJFE''

THIS KIND OF CRAP IS NOT SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE.

We need a miracle and fast.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:47 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by thom000001
Sucks Chris,
Can't help but wonder if the rag being injested at some level (it was pretty chewed up) did help lead to this.

What??? How did this happen???
Old 06-24-2009, 05:10 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Chris I can't believe what I'm reading... I pray that you stay calm/safe/sober and let things work themselves out as those involved make things right.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:33 PM
thom000001

When foreign objects go into/through an engine, there is no telling what can happen.

I was kinda thinking it caused oiling issues with the turbo it was blocking, which then lead to oiling issues in the motor, and being a fresh build the motor needs perfect oiling at the beggining....it sounds like the motor was run a decent amount with the rag there....maybe it damanged the turbo to the point that it sent some small debris through the motor itself (bearing material or something).......blocking a single oil squirter can be catastrophic in some cases.

I hate to jump to conclusions but fawk....

Originally Posted by thefireboy
call me stupid but how would the rag have ended up in the oil passages/ oil pump????????
Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
thom000001

George,
That was determined to be the cause of the turbos not boosting when they got this build running. Rag inadvertantly put/left in the filter

tom

Originally Posted by George@GTM
What??? How did this happen???
Old 06-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cass...my god, time for a six pack.....maybe 2.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:32 PM
XKR

You will be fine Chris....I was just told that you are in safe hands.....Time is the only thing you will lose.....
Old 06-24-2009, 07:04 PM
thefireboy

rag in no way could get in the bearings in the turbo which the oil flows, and how could a rag get into the bottom end of a motor to cause a failure of this type(i understand the top end, but if this occurred it would most likely just follow the course and out the exhaust it goes).... as we recall the second motor went because of a seal that got pinched(due to powdercoating) and broke apart, that was in direct contact with the flow of the oil through the motor....

Originally Posted by thom000001
When foreign objects go into/through an engine, there is no telling what can happen.

I was kinda thinking it caused oiling issues with the turbo it was blocking, which then lead to oiling issues in the motor, and being a fresh build the motor needs perfect oiling at the beggining....it sounds like the motor was run a decent amount with the rag there....maybe it damanged the turbo to the point that it sent some small debris through the motor itself (bearing material or something).......blocking a single oil squirter can be catastrophic in some cases.

I hate to jump to conclusions but fawk....
Old 06-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

i can't even believe it I hope you are taken care of and back on the road soon. Stick with it.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Really... i'm sorry to hear this story...
Old 06-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Chris Im really sorry to see this happen... Hope it all gets resolved quickly.

This makes me sick to my stomach and its not even my car, I know how bad you wanted to get back behind the wheel.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:29 PM
BlinkerFluid

Originally Posted by Cass007
I have no idea, I have not had posession of the car since the previous failure. Steal the helicopter and come up here and help me sort this out.

2 beers and 2 shots deep now. Friend coming over to show me the sound system he just put in his vette. He's headed to AC, maybe I will tag along.
I wouldn't get too far in a $25M attack helicopter before someone knew something was up.

Originally Posted by jtgli
Any chance you will be able to look into the Utec questions I had then sometime also?
I apologize for the wait, I had a check ride tonight and I usually spend the few preceding days studying, I'll get to it right now.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:33 AM
nyqueenz

Originally Posted by Cass007
I'm running 50/50. I ordered 3 gallons of pure meth to cut, but its still not in.
sent you a pm...

Last edited by nyqueenz; 06-25-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:08 AM
escobar929

no fawking way man!

not again, my heart goes out to you man! as much as ive wanted to give up on my G, you have always been my inspiration to keep going. I finally thought this was it and you were gonna be having a blast driving it and all the bad luck was in the past

next time you are in FL, im buying you a lap dance!
Old 06-25-2009, 05:02 AM
jtgli

Originally Posted by BlinkerFluid
I wouldn't get too far in a $25M attack helicopter before someone knew something was up.

I apologize for the wait, I had a check ride tonight and I usually spend the few preceding days studying, I'll get to it right now.
I didnt mean to sound rude or anything when I said that, I figured you may have just not seen the PM. Anyway Ill be doing it this weekend so hopefully I can report back on Sunday or Monday with good news.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

WOW, what a night. I got so hammered I actually woke up this morning and had to check the garage to see if the car was really missing or if I had just imagined everything.

Full day of catch up today at work and hopefully making a bit of progress on how to handle the motor inspection. I have some difficult decisions to make in the near future, one of them being to make a complete list of my parts at their used value and see if it is equal to or greater than what I owe on the car. That way I can see if just parting out and walking away from this platform is even an option.

After re-reading Dave's post from yesterday it appears that the car exhibited the exact same symptoms prior to failure as the previous motor - low oil pressure. It was just being run harder when this happened, so the failure happened more quickly. I feel sick to my stomach when I think about everything I did to get this car to where I wanted and the money thats been spent.

At this point I will consider the car lost for the season and will proceed very slowly and cautiously down whichever path I choose. The only thing I can say for sure is that if I choose to try again, there will be only one shop involved from start to finish, and there will have to be gaurantees on cost, performance and timetable.....period.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress