Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 04:24 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by go-fast
update?
+1!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

This is gonna take some time.. I'd bump this in the middle of next week!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The initial oil change sample went out for analysis today to check for signs of premature bearing failure.

My blue turd was towed back to Hill's Garage to have the motor pulled. A date will be set for teardown at Justice Racing as soon as their schedule permits and Dave returns from vacation.

The 4-wheeler and motorcycle reclaimed the car's spot in the garage since it will be MIA for several more weeks. I have worked very hard to keep things even handed between the shops while still making it clear that I am the customer and expect to be made whole before the end of this process.

Frank has been very honest and helpful as usual and deserves none of the flaming he has been getting for not posting. He has already notified his insurance of a potential claim so that IF he is indeed at fault, I will be taken care of as quickly as possible and no information will be lacking to make the claim process smooth.

I will update again when a date is set at Justice for teardown. After we see what happened I will hopefully have the information I need to make the next set of decisions on how to proceed and what needs to be replaced.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:16 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
The initial oil change sample went out for analysis today to check for signs of premature bearing failure.

My blue turd was towed back to Hill's Garage to have the motor pulled. A date will be set for teardown at Justice Racing as soon as their schedule permits and Dave returns from vacation.

The 4-wheeler and motorcycle reclaimed the car's spot in the garage since it will be MIA for several more weeks. I have worked very hard to keep things even handed between the shops while still making it clear that I am the customer and expect to be made whole before the end of this process.

Frank has been very honest and helpful as usual and deserves none of the flaming he has been getting for not posting. He has already notified his insurance of a potential claim so that IF he is indeed at fault, I will be taken care of as quickly as possible and no information will be lacking to make the claim process smooth.

I will update again when a date is set at Justice for teardown. After we see what happened I will hopefully have the information I need to make the next set of decisions on how to proceed and what needs to be replaced.
glad to hear things are movign again.... and thats all we hope that all parties do you right....and not kill your dream... its not their responsability to make it happen. Good luck with all bud!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:19 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

I really dont think anyone is flaming Frank but something is happening here.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by superchargedg
I really dont think anyone is flaming Frank but something is happening here.
Believe me Keith, I am aware that something is amiss, and I understand the percentages involved in terms of whom is most likely responsible based on the nature of the failure and the fact that Frank assembled the motor. I just don't want people thinking that Frank is ignoring me or trying to dodge and potential responsibility.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:46 PM
zman1982

Glad to here progress is being made, and I'm glad to see that you are staying in the community man. Cant wait to see your ride when it's done.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:36 PM
terps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cass- sorry for the issues youve been having i know, you were realy close. i think it shows alot how level headed you about this situation. unfortantly stuff like this happens. i got the up most respect for frank being a stand up guy its just bad situtation all allround. i wish that it all gets fixed qucikly, properly, and in a respectable manner

if i ever can into stupid stupid money (like100m+) i always wanted to start a shop and just higher the most qualified people and do the highest quality of work(without gouging on prices(enough to pay the employees well, no profit, just becuase it was a passion). situtations like this make me dreams crushed :emotear
Old 07-02-2009, 09:25 PM
nyqueenz

well Cass listing to Frank Hill and his very large knowledge base about the VQ35 platform has sold me into hiring him for service. Bottom line Frank has years of experience and paperwork to show it. Im not ruling out that accidents do happen.. even big companies like Nissan running into problems too. This is not a perfect world.

I just hope the issues get worked out and the problems is corrected because I know you have been waiting a long time for your car and I know what it feels like to be without a car for months.. and if I have to tell Frank to stand down on my project to put more time on yours I will. You deserve your car back in a perfect working order in a timely matter.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:03 AM
C5_vette

nice to hear that things are moving, is your license plate Zleeper? I was next to a blue modified z being towed to towards baltimore earlier today.. I had seen your car at the F:T meet, but dont recall the plate..
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 AM
XKR

Chris... Glad to hear.....

I don't thik anyone is bashing Frank..... Just want to remind everyone involved that customer comes first.... No hit and run is going to happen here.... Or should I say... Build and run
Old 07-03-2009, 10:26 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Glad to hear you're being taken care of like what a good customer deserves! Don't forget to take me out for a ride when the car's running!!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by C5_vette
nice to hear that things are moving, is your license plate Zleeper? I was next to a blue modified z being towed to towards baltimore earlier today.. I had seen your car at the F:T meet, but dont recall the plate..
Yes, my plate is ZLEEPER. If you were behind the tow truck you witnessed part of my walk of shame . I've spent 10x more time on the back of tow trucks and in shops than I have on the road.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 AM
C5_vette

Yes, my plate is ZLEEPER. If you were behind the tow truck you witnessed part of my walk of shame . I've spent 10x more time on the back of tow trucks and in shops than I have on the road.
yup that was your car then, hopefully it will be one of the last times its towed anywhere
Old 07-03-2009, 12:24 PM
thefireboy

glad things are moving chris. im sure it will be taken down to justice as soon as sched permit..
Old 07-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by thefireboy
glad things are moving chris. im sure it will be taken down to justice as soon as sched permit..
- Nick, do you have the number of the guy that detailed your car while it was at Hills, or did you get it from Frank? My car was supposed to be washed by strippers at F:T last week, but the weather was a fail. My car being dirty actually causes me anxiety. I have issues....

Anyhow, I was hoping to get it washed and detailed while its just sitting around and then Suzanne will put the cover on it for me after its clean.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:30 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Chris I'll detail ur car for ya!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 10:47 AM
thom000001

Chris,
You should probably NEVER see my car then lol....its like a running joke at SP, I think its been clean-clean 1 time when I have been there lol (dirty and ugly wheels add to the "WTF factor" when I run someone hehehehehe )

tom

- Nick, do you have the number of the guy that detailed your car while it was at Hills, or did you get it from Frank? My car was supposed to be washed by strippers at F:T last week, but the weather was a fail. My car being dirty actually causes me anxiety. I have issues....

Anyhow, I was hoping to get it washed and detailed while its just sitting around and then Suzanne will put the cover on it for me after its clean.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:22 PM
thefireboy

yeah man no problem i will take care of you on mon.. hope you hads a happy 4th of july..
Old 07-08-2009, 05:35 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Any progress on this?

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress