Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
In all Seriousness.. lets look at this..

Mark does the Mechanical Work
Scott's dad fronts the licenses needed for the work
JWT does the tuning

so what the fck exactly does Scott do? Collect the money?
Scott does the voodoo that makes 800whp. Pay a little attention here guise.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Just noticed that an admin locked the thread over on the other site.

It looks like Scott got off "Scott free" over there for posting partial permit numbers that prove absolutely nothing.
Nope, we'll still be verifying the numbers.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:21 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

It only takes five minutes online to verify that he doesnt have what he says he has...................
Old 03-06-2009, 10:25 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We need to get the full numbers before we can verify.
Want to throw us a bone and show us how to verify the EPA number?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:26 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurboTim
It only takes five minutes online to verify that he doesnt have what he says he has...................
Since I have no ties whatsoever with Scott, which I guess is why he asked me... I will post the information later today if I get a chance, I don't have the numbers yet because I haven't asked for them yet.

The results won't affect me one bit so don't think I'm doing this to save him
Old 03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Maybe they are getting the fruit punch ready for when the next comet flies by?

Is it me, or does our boy Scott have a black eye? (see left eye)

Darren
Old 03-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in that pic he looks like his eyebrows are done.

and I am surprised no one has photochopped it yet.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:51 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

You can call the DEH to get the EPA number and DEH number.Honestly ,I dont really care about Scott or his business as long as he pays his dues like the rest of us and operates in a legal manner. That is really my gripe.

If you run a home based business:
You will not need the EPA,DEH,BAR license but you wil need a business licence,DBA filing and re-sellers permit.You cannot have customers at your location,you defintiely cannot work on cars, you can sell parts and ship them out is basically what you can do.

If you run a real business:
You will need the EPA, DEH, BAR, business license, DBA(depending on which city you are out of), re-sellers permit, insurance. There is a fire inspection as well as fees for having fire extinguishers at the ready. As of this year there is also an air compressor license! If you have employees then there is worksman comp and additional insurance you need.

Since Scott is "working" on cars he needs all the licenses and permits to do so legally. Yes we called him out on this and he has yet to respond with any valid permits or anything in his name except for maybe an LLC.Cool for him but it doest mean it is legal for him to work on cars.

By calling him out and ultimately pressuring him to become legite accomplishes two things and will ultimately protect his *** and the comsumers and here is why..............The big thing is no BAR license.Without this license to work on cars, you leave yourself wide open to litigation you cannot win. Right now (and listen closely any potential RA customers who are not satisfied with their cars,parts they received,etc.....) can go to court and file suit against RA. Since RA has no BAR license,the judge will automatically award the case to the plaintiff.RA loses automatically regardless of what invoices,receipts,etc.. he has because he dosn't have the license that gives him the right to work on the car.

For example...........Scotts customers so and so paid $20k to have a car built by him.the car works well and he has a little problem,Scott doesn't do anything about it.The customer files suit for $20k.They go to court. Scott cries when the judge awards the customer $20k and the customer still has the parts on his car.Scott could get so royally fu*ked, he will go bankrupt.It is so easy for the customer to win in this sitatuion it isnt even funny.So Scott, take care of this or any potential customer whose car you worked on can go out today,file suit against you for up to 3 years for their entire build and win and you cannot do anything about it.

Last edited by TurboTim; 03-06-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Motormouth
Banned

what about retroactively? once he gets it, it covers the work he did when he didn't have the license or no?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Just a question.

Is it illegal for him to be using his father's license numbers to conduct business under his companies name?

Couldn't a complaint be filed with the BAR under his father license number about allowing another business to use the numbers?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:10 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Motormouth
what about retroactively? once he gets it, it covers the work he did when he didn't have the license or no?

No. If the customer can prove he didnt have the license at the time work was performed, he still loses in court!!!!!!!!! I mean as of right now,RA/Scott could be looking at $100,000's in losses if some customers decided to scam his *** and take him to court to recoupe their entire investment! LOL. The scammer gets scammed!!!! I love it

It is complete BS but if you dont have the $200 license,then it is what it is.I know so much about this because I was the sucker that ended up in this situation a long time ago.The only time I was ever sued and it was complete BS and the guy walked away with all the parts, free labor and got all his money back This was 10 years ago. A friend who owns a shop in the area just went through this today in court. He lost. Customer won. Judge wouldnt even listen to a word he said.The quickest court case in history,15 seconds. LOL. the screwed up part is the customer got compensation for work that he didnt have done by my buddy!!!!!!! How is that for liberty and justice?

Last edited by TurboTim; 03-06-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
Just a question.

Is it illegal for him to be using his father's license numbers to conduct business under his companies name?

Couldn't a complaint be filed with the BAR under his father license number about allowing another business to use the numbers?

More then likely yes.That is something I dont know for sure but I do know this.....When you go to court and you have your business that you are representing and selling, installing, etc...parts under,the judge wont accept another BAR number.So Scott loses.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Motormouth
Banned

wow.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 AM
UpRev
Banned

Oh lawdy this seems like some troubles up in here.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:55 AM
XKR

In all Seriousness.. lets look at this..

Mark does the Mechanical Work
Scott's dad fronts the licenses needed for the work
JWT does the tuning

so what the fck exactly does Scott do? Collect the money?
As Tim said...he contacted me on this...Thanks Tim....you and Doug make a great point.... Mark is the person that does all the work....

This was suggested to me.....So here is my new offer.....

Any one that had there car built at VRT/RA with a 700BB turbo kit and made 750 - 800 whp and can prove it by having one of the vendors listed on here dyno it .....I will give you any new Turbo kit you want for free....Matter of fact lets me lower it a little bit...700 whp.....but it has to have used the piggyback that comes with the JWT kit.

For a free DLI II....all you have to do is post the copy of the dyno run that Scott claims made 750-800whp......That is all I am asking for.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 AM
andypandy

my goodness... these offers are too good to pass up, seriously.

so... how can i sign up as a recon henchman?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:00 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
As Tim said...he contacted me on this...Thanks Tim....you and Doug make a great point.... Mark is the person that does all the work....

This was suggested to me.....So here is my new offer.....

Any one that had there car built at VRT/RA with a 700BB turbo kit and made 750 - 800 whp and can prove it by having one of the vendors listed on here dyno it .....I will give you any new Turbo kit you want for free....Matter of fact lets me lower it a little bit...700 whp.....but it has to have used the piggyback that comes with the JWT kit.

For a free DLI II....all you have to do is post the copy of the dyno run that Scott claims made 750-800whp......That is all I am asking for.
i can prove that.. one GTM TT Kit please
Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 PM
XKR

i can prove that.. one GTM TT Kit please
Someone just informed me that the car that Scott/VRT/RA claims made 700-750 or 800 whp has swapped out the 700's for 850's........So lets see if he can get 1000whp out of the 850's ....that way I wont need to get the GT35xkr Kit..
Old 03-06-2009, 12:40 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

on 500cc injectors?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Tim hit it on the head. If you look at my first post with RA, they were all very cordial, and I too, gave him the benifit of the doubt. But as the ludicrious power claims continued, the forum's collective opinion of him went south.

Scott/RA wanted all of the benefits and fruits of owning a real full service facility, with NONE of the liabilities and drawbacks. He wanted the glamour and fun of seeing his builds on the internet, but didn't want to be burdened with things like rent, mortages, loans, licenses, permits, liability and shopkeepers insurance, workmans comp insurance, and about a dozen city, county, state, and federal taxes and fees. This is a TOUGH business, and he made light of it.

Mascarading as a full service shop, and shirking his legal responsibilities in running a business is really what ticked me off, Tim, GTM, Intense and just about everyone other legitimate shop out there, that pays their dues.

Originally Posted by TurboTim
You can call the DEH to get the EPA number and DEH number.Honestly ,I dont really care about Scott or his business as long as he pays his dues like the rest of us and operates in a legal manner. That is really my gripe.

If you run a home based business:
You will not need the EPA,DEH,BAR license but you wil need a business licence,DBA filing and re-sellers permit.You cannot have customers at your location,you defintiely cannot work on cars, you can sell parts and ship them out is basically what you can do.

If you run a real business:
You will need the EPA, DEH, BAR, business license, DBA(depending on which city you are out of), re-sellers permit, insurance. There is a fire inspection as well as fees for having fire extinguishers at the ready. As of this year there is also an air compressor license! If you have employees then there is worksman comp and additional insurance you need.

Since Scott is "working" on cars he needs all the licenses and permits to do so legally. Yes we called him out on this and he has yet to respond with any valid permits or anything in his name except for maybe an LLC.Cool for him but it doest mean it is legal for him to work on cars.

By calling him out and ultimately pressuring him to become legite accomplishes two things and will ultimately protect his *** and the comsumers and here is why..............The big thing is no BAR license.Without this license to work on cars, you leave yourself wide open to litigation you cannot win. Right now for example(and listen closely any potential RA customers who are not satisfied with their cars,parts they received,etc.....) can go to court and file suit against RA. Since RA has no BAR license,the judge will automatically award the case to the plaintiff.RA loses automatically regardless of what invoices,receipts,etc.. he has because he dosn't have the license that gives him the right to work on the car.

For example...........Scotts customers so and so paid $20k to have a car built by him.the car works well and he has a little problem,Scott doesn't do anything about it.The customer files suit for $20k.They go to court. Scott cries when the judge awards the customer $20k and the customer still has the parts on his car.Scott could get so royally fu*ked, he will go bankrupt.It is so easy for the customer to win in this sitatuion it isnt even funny.So Scott, take care of this or any potential customer whose car you worked on can go out today,file suit against you for up to 3 years for their entire build and win and you cannot do anything about it.

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure