Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:54 PM
thawk408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VQ with a snail. Sorry, crappy camera pic.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:37 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

tyler when is your car done?
Old 02-07-2009, 06:28 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by str8dum1
so why stop with a gt35, why not a pair gt40 or gt42? or even a big single which is way more efficient at the kind of use you are looking at. just curious as how you arrived at stopping at the 35 .

previously the dual gt35 setups had to have the AC and PS removed as they were high and to the front. Your will be in the normal TT position and keep all the accessories?
Good question

Sorry did not get a change to post earlier....George answered for me anyway My understanding is that the GT35 is the biggest turbo's that can fit in the same location as the 850BB without having to remove vital parts. To be honest...anything bigger than a GT35 would be overkill for what my plans are....there is no way a stock body G can run over 200mph without flipping over....matter of fact anything over 180 is pushing it. I refuse to change to widebody or add wings....they would stick my azz in the open class....where I would be lucky to come last

Now if I was skilled in the art of drag racing...then yes.

Originally Posted by Nexx
XKR, you are one crazy ****. why couldnt you have done this oh about 9 months ago. you old weaksauce setup would have been mine.
A friend hit me up to do this event next year....so I felt that it would be a good idea to do it before ZdayZ and shock the ZdayZ Big Dawgs ( Raj and his friends) Its still not too lateIsnt your car still at FP

Originally Posted by tig488
these are the "small" gt35rs right?

j/k, im sure they will impress. just like mike always does.
The way this community is growing...this will be a weak setup in a few months Thanks for the kind words

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Hey Mike, Oh man we all warned you about going public with this build. What are you going to do when FOX news finds out about this excessive use of government bail out funds ? How are we going to explain the use of corporate jets, especially the G4, to shuttle parts from GTM to Forged without congress finding out ? I mean really, the senate is even working late tonight and now this breaks.

Sharif, you have a real political mess once this hits wall street and the networks start getting behind it. Oh well, at least XKR didn't spend all the tax payers money in Vegas, like a banker...
Well the idiots in Washington say that when you spend money like this it helps the economy Yeah right.....I rather spend it before they get it

Originally Posted by thawk408
Gonna be a sick ride for sure. Im comin for ya .
LMFAO What are those GT .05's......

Last edited by XKR; 02-07-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mike, Oh man we all warned you about going public with this build. What are you going to do when FOX news finds out about this excessive use of government bail out funds ? How are we going to explain the use of corporate jets, especially the G4, to shuttle parts from GTM to Forged without congress finding out ? I mean really, the senate is even working late tonight and now this breaks.

Sharif, you have a real political mess once this hits wall street and the networks start getting behind it. Oh well, at least XKR didn't spend all the tax payers money in Vegas, like a banker...
TARP money and bailout funds glady accepted.

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 02-07-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:43 AM
thawk408

Originally Posted by XKR
LMFAO What are those GT .05's......
Lol, dont hate! Same size as a 35r; Bullseye s262's.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:44 AM
thawk408

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
tyler when is your car done?
soon
Old 02-07-2009, 08:47 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by XKR
Well the idiots in Washington say that when you spend money like this it helps the economy Yeah right.....I rather spend it before they get it
Amen brother!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:17 AM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
TARP money and bailout funds glady accepted.
,..... as Paul and Mike wait anxiously to see the build thread on Nancy Pelosi's G35.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Aced16

this is going to be SICK! by far my FAV G on here/driver! You just keep pushing the envelope, and it amazes me every time! GL with the build and be safe!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:06 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by thawk408
Lol, dont hate! Same size as a 35r; Bullseye s262's.
I see

,..... as Paul and Mike wait anxiously to see the build thread on Nancy Pelosi's G35.
God I hate that old crow

Originally Posted by Aced16
this is going to be SICK! by far my FAV G on here/driver! You just keep pushing the envelope, and it amazes me every time! GL with the build and be safe!
Thank you my friend....thx for the kind words.

Last edited by XKR; 02-07-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
GreenGoblin

Mike, you crazy son of a beach. I cant wait to see some pics of this madness.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:20 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Mike, you crazy son of a beach. I cant wait to see some pics of this madness.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

After selling your engine maybe your itrader will go up FTW!! jk..

When is this project starting exactly?
Old 02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
XKR

TO the members that PM me for the price of the Long Block and 850BB's ...Sharif contacted me with the price.... As promised...I will PM it to you all first and then I will list the price after
Old 02-07-2009, 05:39 PM
XKR

Default Long Block info

PM sent

Last edited by XKR; 02-07-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:51 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
After selling your engine maybe your itrader will go up FTW!! jk..

When is this project starting exactly?
Working with Sharif to get everything done before sending the car....

To Alberto, George and all the rest that are interested in the Undertray....I spoke to TTg35Fort about it today and he came up with at way to make it cheap for all....we will first make the first one out of sheet metal they use that template to do the CF....Will update when info comes in.

Last edited by XKR; 02-07-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:27 PM
iamdigital

Been waiting to see what your up to. Sounds like an exciting build. I admire your taste with the car and build and look forward to the video of that run. I've always wanted to run it or copilot it at least. Have a blast!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Working with Sharif to get everything done before sending the car....

To Alberto, George and all the rest that are interested in the Undertray....I spoke to TTg35Fort about it today and he came up with at way to make it cheap for all....we will first make the first one out of sheet metal they use that template to do the CF....Will update when info comes in.
I'll get working with Paul on this as soon as I have my car put back together. We have already been discussing this for a while. He currently makes undertrays, fuel tanks, and surge tanks for GT40 replicas, as well as a bunch of other stuff. (I forgot to mention, he also made my new surge tank. It came out nice!)

The central panels under the middle of the cars should be flat, so for these I don't expect that we will need templates. The real issues are the rear diffuser and the front undertray.

As XKR and I spoke about, we could use the stock front undertray, but I think we would get more downforce if we can use a front undertray design that helps the entire bottom of the cars better approximate a venturi. That means having a portion of the front undertray collect some of the air flowing through the bottom portion of the intercooler without the angle being to steep. I'll look further into this when I have my car back together and get it up on a lift.

With the rear diffuser, I would like to:

1) Keep the angle less than about 14 degrees relative to the ground

2) Try to match the velocity of the air coming out of the diffuser to the velocity of the air coming over the top of the car

3) Ensure we generate sufficient vortices to break up the boundary layer on the undertray, which helps to improve the downforce.

EDIT:

Two more things, we might want to add some naca ducts under the transmission and the rear differential to help with cooling.

I also strongly recommend that everyone who goes with this get their exhaust systems ceramic coated to keep the heat flowing out the exhaust pipes and not trapped between the bottom of the car and the undertray. It's not that expensive. Fuzion charged me $450 for both downpipes, both W/G pipes, both turbo charger housings, and my exhaust pipes back to the last section where the mufflers are. They applied Techline Coating both inside and out. I'm holding off on the last section of the exhaust until we figure out whether we will want to move the mufflers/exhaust tips. I also had my exhaust manifolds coated inside and out. This was $200.

Whomever we use to fabricate the carbon fiber pieces can take these templates and form both G and Z parts. Obviously, the more people we have in the group buy, the better the price will be.

I bought my rear bumper from Eric at SurfaceMODz, and he does some carbon fiber work, so I was going to approach him about doing the carbon fiber fabrication as we get closer. Nonetheless, if anyone has any other suggestions, let us know.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 02-07-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:20 PM
overZealous1

congrats man. been wanting to do that run for many years, since seeing r.j.gottlieb run 230mph in a stock bodied 69 camaro 15 years ago!
set your tire pressures on the high end. tire delamination is a big deal out there with no time for the sidewalls to cool down at constant speed.
are you allowed to pass? i don't think you can. with 1000rwhp (and tall gears) hit the unlimited class and give 'er hell. if you do the 150 class and break out in time, you will get dq'ed and not make the boards. hell, even in stock trim i did a speed limiter run (160) for 40 mins and was fine. surely your build will outdo a stock trimmed Z. crank it up and give 'er hell!
set up a decent rear diffuser to come off the belly pan and you will be fine. i made one that bolts to the rearend and is simple bent alum. i did a spinoff that closed the rear suspension also. if you want pics, pm me. simple design, and is more effective than the pretty stuff out there.
gl man.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:26 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
congrats man. been wanting to do that run for many years, since seeing r.j.gottlieb run 230mph in a stock bodied 69 camaro 15 years ago!
set your tire pressures on the high end. tire delamination is a big deal out there with no time for the sidewalls to cool down at constant speed.
are you allowed to pass? i don't think you can. with 1000rwhp (and tall gears) hit the unlimited class and give 'er hell. if you do the 150 class and break out in time, you will get dq'ed and not make the boards. hell, even in stock trim i did a speed limiter run (160) for 40 mins and was fine. surely your build will outdo a stock trimmed Z. crank it up and give 'er hell!
set up a decent rear diffuser to come off the belly pan and you will be fine. i made one that bolts to the rearend and is simple bent alum. i did a spinoff that closed the rear suspension also. if you want pics, pm me. simple design, and is more effective than the pretty stuff out there.
gl man.

Awsome! PM sent. I love teamwork. We'll take all the input we can get, especially from those who have already done this!!!

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1