Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thom000001
Time for this sticker mike

Old 02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
One more post from me on Varis.....I didn't intend to ruffle any feathers.....just wanted to help out. I was burned in the past with Do-Luck......my 4-6 week initial lead time turned into 13 months. I swear to god every time you make an order for a "JDM" product, the standard response is 4-6 weeks. I don't want to see anyone get jerked around....that's all.

I look forward to the results and pricing as I may be interested.
I didn't mean to sound ruffled.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by XKR
New update....

Just got off the phone with Sharif...he will be involved with this side project....He has come up with the idea of renting a Wind Tunnel in ( I think he said) NC.

This would save us a lot of the guess work....I am sure TTg35fort would agree. Sharif also said that he would make the design out of some kind of lightweight metal and we could then have it made out of CF. Things are coming together.
That would make things much easier!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 PM
350zna

XKR i think you have done more R&D on building ur G to be a monster than Nissan/infiniti did coming up with the car!! Good luck to you and show them bastards what are cars can do!!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
That would make things much easier!
That would be awesome, to have a diffuser that is actually tested in a wind tunnel.

Put me down for one!

Keep us updated guys. (Glad I am not the only one with a G and hardcore modification)

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 02-11-2009, 06:11 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya theres the A2 tunnel in charlotte that does Nascar work. Pretty sure that one is booked 24/7 unless u r someone with DEEP pockets, which apparently yours are

I know the tunnel next door they do bicycle aero testing and thats way cheap, only like 400$/hr. But that might be only for us time trial nerds, not car stuff.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:16 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by 350zna
XKR i think you have done more R&D on building ur G to be a monster than Nissan/infiniti did coming up with the car!! Good luck to you and show them bastards what are cars can do!!

Originally Posted by str8dum1
ya theres the A2 tunnel in charlotte that does Nascar work. Pretty sure that one is booked 24/7 unless u r someone with DEEP pockets, which apparently yours are

I know the tunnel next door they do bicycle aero testing and thats way cheap, only like 400$/hr. But that might be only for us time trial nerds, not car stuff.
There is another one that Sharif told be about....Thats correct , the one that Nascar uses is always booked...

Last edited by XKR; 02-11-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:22 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by George@GTM
That would be awesome, to have a diffuser that is actually tested in a wind tunnel.

Put me down for one!

Keep us updated guys. (Glad I am not the only one with a G and hardcore modification)

-George
GT Motorsports
+1 Count me in.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:41 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

I would assume that they have air velocity meters, but we'll need to check with them to make sure.

If we split the cost of the wind tunnel up among a decent number of participants, the cost per person shouldn't really be to bad.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:30 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
I would assume that they have air velocity meters, but we'll need to check with them to make sure.

If we split the cost of the wind tunnel up among a decent number of participants, the cost per person shouldn't really be to bad.

I am sure they have it.... I will wait for Sharif to respond...if not I will aske him.

Yeah...the more the better.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
35Z

Default Aerodynamic Improvements

What aerodynamic prototypes are you going to test in a wind tunnel?

Mention:
One underbody gate/funnel design?
One rear diffuser design

Not-mention: vortex accelerators
adjustable underbody N.A.C.A. wings
rear deck wings (mention to be avoided)

Are you going to "bench test" your current car set-up before the aero parts are added?

I am not sure if your goal is to only increased down force (i.e. increase coefficient of drag only?) inorder to keep the car stable at 175+m.p.h?

Check out college wind tunnels for availability. The college I went to had their own wind tunnel and at time looked for projects to test.

Additionally, I believe their is software available to design/test at various speeds so you can optimize the time in the wind tunnel.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:44 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Just want to throw this out there for discussion...

I've been planning to eventually get the Top Secret rear diffuser, but now I'm more open to the idea of something custom. I like the idea of a fully enclosed undertray with diffuser similar to Ferrari.

However... Let's not forget that Smoky Nagata took his Top Secret widebody G to over 211mph on the Autobahn in 2005. Aside from the Top Secret wide body kit and the rear diffuser, I'm not aware of that car having any additional underbody aero mods. (If somebody knows otherwise, please don't hesitate to correct me.) The car didn't have a huge GT wing either.

Sooo... Why not use something already available on the market that has been proven above 200mph???
Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
XKR

I have many years of experience racing at speeds over 175mph. I have driven other cars that were designed for those speeds....I have also driven my G over 185mph (measured by the Camp2 and Radar) ....and it does not feel stable. The difference between this car and the other cars I have driven at these speeds is an undertray.....I am not talking about a racing car...I am talking about a street car.

The goal is to make the car stable at high speeds without having to add any upper wings or having to change the stock upper body of the car.

Thanks for the info...it should help.

Originally Posted by 35Z
What aerodynamic prototypes are you going to test in a wind tunnel?

Mention:
One underbody gate/funnel design?
One rear diffuser design

Not-mention: vortex accelerators
adjustable underbody N.A.C.A. wings
rear deck wings (mention to be avoided)

Are you going to "bench test" your current car set-up before the aero parts are added?

I am not sure if your goal is to only increased down force (i.e. increase coefficient of drag only?) inorder to keep the car stable at 175+m.p.h?

Check out college wind tunnels for availability. The college I went to had their own wind tunnel and at time looked for projects to test.

Additionally, I believe their is software available to design/test at various speeds so you can optimize the time in the wind tunnel.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
XKR

If I showed up with that body kit....I would be lucky if I came second to last. They would first tech me to death and then place me in open class where 211 mph is nothing special. Bugatti Veyron does that speed in neutral

That rear spoiler will not do more for you than the stock ones....its the wide body that helps that car. That car has 800hp and his has reached 221mph. I will look to see if he ran an underbody system....Good post

Here is a Diffusor in CF for a G37 http://www.silviaparts.com/body-kits.../108/topsecret Click on the bottom middle picture. With this kind of Diffusor...I would not need to relocate the mufflers.

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Just want to throw this out there for discussion...

I've been planning to eventually get the Top Secret rear diffuser, but now I'm more open to the idea of something custom. I like the idea of a fully enclosed undertray with diffuser similar to Ferrari.

However... Let's not forget that Smoky Nagata took his Top Secret widebody G to over 211mph on the Autobahn in 2005. Aside from the Top Secret wide body kit and the rear diffuser, I'm not aware of that car having any additional underbody aero mods. (If somebody knows otherwise, please don't hesitate to correct me.) The car didn't have a huge GT wing either.

Sooo... Why not use something already available on the market that has been proven above 200mph???

Last edited by XKR; 02-11-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Lawy'dU

carbon fiber underpanel? I need one for the front!!!!! Can't wait to see progress bro
Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by XKR
If I showed up with that body kit....I would be lucky if I came second to last. They would first tech me to death and then place me in open class where 211 mph is nothing special. Bugatti Veyron does that speed in neutral

That rear spoiler will not do more for you than the stock ones....its the wide body that helps that car. That car has 800hp and his has reached 221mph. I will look to see if he ran an underbody system....Good post
I realize that body kit would draw unwanted attention for you Mike. I wasn't suggesting that you get the TS widebody kit. I also realize that the widebody probably helped it's stability as well.

But I think that the rear diffuser must have played a significant role in it's high speed stability too. And unlike some of the diffusers out there that are little more than fashion, I think the Top Secret diffuser is functional. And it might just be the only one that has been tested successfully on a G at over 200mph. I just think maybe we should take a closer look at the possibility of the Top Secret diffuser as a viable solution for high speed stability.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Here is the Top Secret diffuser on a Z, which I believe is the same part/fitment for the G. I don't think you would need to relocate the mufflers.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 02-11-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it done yet?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
XKR

I realize that body kit would draw unwanted attention for you Mike. I wasn't suggesting that you get the TS widebody kit. I also realize that the widebody probably helped it's stability as well.

But I think that the rear diffuser must have played a significant role in it's high speed stability too. And unlike some of the diffusers out there that are little more than fashion, I think the Top Secret diffuser is functional. And it might just be the only one that has been tested successfully on a G at over 200mph. I just think maybe we should take a closer look at the possibility of the Top Secret diffuser as a viable solution for high speed stability.

I agree...

Here is the Top Secret diffuser on a Z, which I believe is the same part/fitment for the G. I don't think you would need to relocate the mufflers.

Great find...this is what we need.....we could buy this from TS and build the center ourselves...thats the easy part..

Last edited by XKR; 02-11-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

More pics from the Top Secret website. These are a couple close-ups.

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1