Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

****** TTG35forT - Rev 2.0 ******

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bump for updates..
Old 06-30-2009, 04:27 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
bump for updates..
The GTM stage 3 turbo system has been in for a while. The GTM 4.0L short block has shipped or will ship soon. They were waiting on the pistons. GTM had other pistons in stock, but I opted to wait for the Wisecos. The last I heard the pistons were being coated. I have been so busy at work that I haven't even checked on it in a couple of weeks.

I have the CS style rear bumper on, and I've come up with some concepts for the rear bumper and underbody configuration. I have sent these to Eric (ericisklumzyee on the G35 forum) and XKR. I plan on modelling the various concepts in July to get an indication of the optimum setup and what sort of downforce we can achieve. The concepts took quite a bit of time, and the modelling will take even more. In the end, it will be well worth it.

IF ANYONE HAS A STOCK REAR DECK LID WITHOUT A SPOILER, I AM LOOKING FOR ONE!!! PLEASE PM ME A PRICE. I put the APR rear wing on mine, but I only want to use it for track use. I figure I'll leave it attached to the deck lid I have, and get another stock deck lid for street use.

I have alot changes/upgrades being implemented, so this is going to take a while. I hope it will be done in the fall sometime, but I have finally learned to relax. No sense in rushing. In the long run, rushing only adds to the headaches and costs more money.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:09 PM
IslandZavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad its coming along for you....
Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So if the 4.0 is still waiting to be shipped what is in the car now? I must have missed something? How is it running? Tuned?
Old 08-01-2009, 02:37 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
So if the 4.0 is still waiting to be shipped what is in the car now? I must have missed something? How is it running? Tuned?
Sorry I missed this post. I was out of town the entire month of July. By the time I logged on, this must have been way down on the post list.

Anyway, while I was in CA I stopped to check on the short block. Sam was in the middle of moving, but it should be shipping soon.

EDIT: I forgot to address your question. Right now, everything is in pieces. Some parts are at GTM, some are at Japtrix, some are at the body shop (Wellington Auto Collision), and some are sitting in my garage. Notwithstanding the new motor, there is a ton of other work to be done. Everyone involved is being very, very meticulous, which takes time, but it will be worth the wait. When it is all done, I'll be like a kid at Christmas.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 08-01-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Can't wait to see you up and running soon Terry, glad there is progress being made.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:37 AM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice Terry I can not wait to see you back on the road.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:08 AM
05Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! That is one nasty build you have going on. I can't wait to see your final results.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Coach@UPR
Former Vendor

Terry... I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Us older guys know that to have things done properly, you need to be patient. Unlike the generation X crowd that want everything NOW ..lol
Old 08-03-2009, 09:30 AM
XKR

Keep us updated Terry......I went by GTM also...and guess what......NO GEORGE!!!! I guess this is becoming a habbit ...
Old 08-03-2009, 03:00 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by XKR
Keep us updated Terry......I went by GTM also...and guess what......NO GEORGE!!!! I guess this is becoming a habbit ...
I had the address of the old shop. When I went to the office everything was cleared out and I just about **** my pants (considering I paid for everything in advance). I went around back and there was just one guy working (Pablo???). First I asked for George, but he said George would not be in until around 4:00. (I have a feeling that George is only P/T at GTM and has another day job, but I am merely speculating. I'm sure he can answer that). Then I asked for Sam, and he said Sam was at the NEW shop (that was a BIG relief).

He gave me directions to the new shop, which is where I found Sam. He was busy coordinating the move. The new shop is very, very impressive. 10 lifts, in-ground wheel alignment, 2 dynos, etc. Sam is certainly setting everything up right!!!

Last edited by ttg35fort; 08-03-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Good luck TTg35, update up for us.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:50 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
I had the address of the old shop. When I went to the office everything was cleared out and I just about **** my pants (considering I paid for everything in advance). I went around back and there was just one guy working (Pablo???). First I asked for George, but he said George would not be in until around 4:00. (I have a feeling that George is only P/T at GTM and has another day job, but I am merely speculating. I'm sure he can answer that). Then I asked for Sam, and he said Sam was at the NEW shop (that was a BIG relief).

He gave me directions to the new shop, which is where I found Sam. He was busy coordinating the move. The new shop is very, very impressive. 10 lifts, in-ground wheel alignment, 2 dynos, etc. Sam is certainly setting everything up right!!!
.....I bet you did...

George is working at GTM fulltime noww..
Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 AM
D-tuned

bump for updates
Old 09-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Rafa

any updates on ur car terry??????

regards,
Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Still waiting on the GTM 4.0L short block.

I spoke with Sam last week. They are going to try welding cylinder supports on a junk block to see how it goes before they do mine.

Hopefully the motor will ship this month. I have my fingers crossed.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:59 AM
SH Luciano

did it ship last month or what terry?!?!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

^^^^

GTM has been doing R & D on junk blocks to get the cylindar support fabrication/installation down (it's not just a simple block guard). They had to play around with the process a few times to make sure they got it right, which I greatly, greatly appreciate. The R & D, however, took longer than we had hoped. They actually had to buy some new tools to get everything right. I just spoke with Sam, and the block is in the process of being line bored. It may be another week or two, assuming nothing pops up.

I am getting very excited. With all the attention to detail that is being implemented, this should be a very strong block.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 11-03-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that or they will get bored to tryin to get it right and just send ya however it turns out
Old 11-03-2009, 11:07 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by str8dum1
that or they will get bored to tryin to get it right and just send ya however it turns out
I have been speaking with Sam and Mike very frequently. If that were the case, it would have already shipped. They really are making sure they get it right.

It is getting close to being complete, and it looks like all of the kinks have been worked out. I asked Sam to take some pictures of it and post them here before it ships. I beleive it will be another option GTM will begin offering with their motors for those that are interested.

At this point it should be noted that I asked for this modification, and volunteered my build to be the test case. I worked in engineering long enough to know that new products sometimes need a lot of R & D, and schedules slip. I made it very clear from the beginning that I was willing to live with that, but I want everything top notch. I truly beleive Sam will deliver on this.

EDIT: I should have noted that I shifted gears on Sam in August when I asked for the closed deck modifications. If I had not done that, I believe that the block would already be here.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 11-03-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply: ****** TTG35forT - Rev 2.0 ******