Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

FI or bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 07:55 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
Difference for me between life or death def goes to this. I was thrown into a tree and hit my back FLAT on it (Broke Back). I LOVE ICON!!!!!!!!!!

You really think this or a helmet can save your life from the perfect accident?? I have seen too many injuries in the ER to ever believe that. I use to own a CBR 1000.....and when a friend lost his life....I sold the bike for half the price just to get rid of it.

Like Eric said....even when you do the right thing...there is always the perfect AZZ hole out there that will end your life.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:59 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
You really think this or a helmet can save your life from the perfect accident?? I have seen too many injuries in the ER to ever believe that. I use to own a CBR 1000.....and when a friend lost his life....I sold the bike for half the price just to get rid of it.

Like Eric said....even when you do the right thing...there is always the perfect AZZ hole out there that will end your life.
Same thing in a car too.. the way i see it.. when its my time to go.. its my time to go.. i take the train to work everyday.. and some freak could run up and push me infront the train... or i could crash my car.. or i could get hit walking from the train station.. Last year we lost 3 people from riding, but they were inexperience and doing stupid crap. When we ride we ride ultra paranoid.. and yes you can't really look out for every accident before hand, but we damn sure protect each other and try to identify potential hazzards before hand...
Old 05-02-2009, 11:21 AM
IslandZavage

I can only tell my experience. I lived so to me it was the perfect accident... And i know if i didnt have the helmet/protector i would of been a goner for sure. Nothing is 100%, but having it did help the odds in my favor. Ive seen people die from less than my accident. Im lucky and i know it!
And y are there 2 of these threads?

Originally Posted by XKR

Last edited by IslandZavage; 05-02-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:09 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Everybodywildou
FI or bike?

BOTH
Old 05-02-2009, 12:16 PM
UMW350Z

I'd say get both...you can find a good used bike for around 2-3k if you look REALLY hard and be patient

NJ and sport bike do not mix my man....I'd be VERY careful where I drove it. Insurance companies in NJ are all taking gigiantic losses for a reason. 95% of the dirvers here are total worthless fu ck s when it comes to driving...if you don't agree with that stat, you are probably one of them

If you rode out near Tewksbury/Mendham, you might be ok...but anything east/shore NJ is asking to be hurt BADLY.

Last edited by UMW350Z; 05-02-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Everybodywildou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In regards to the safety concerns I want to thank you all. Though I'm sure I will be getting a bike. I'm just curious how many of you have either sold your FI kit to get a bike or sold your bike to get an FI kit.

I'm looking more for responses towards that area of topic.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:25 PM
BaZooKa

FI is better and less dangerous ..
Old 05-02-2009, 07:12 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by doug
Same thing in a car too.. the way i see it.. when its my time to go.. its my time to go.. i take the train to work everyday.. and some freak could run up and push me infront the train... or i could crash my car.. or i could get hit walking from the train station.. Last year we lost 3 people from riding, but they were inexperience and doing stupid crap. When we ride we ride ultra paranoid.. and yes you can't really look out for every accident before hand, but we damn sure protect each other and try to identify potential hazzards before hand...
You could look at it that way.....but I spent 6 months in the ER at New York Hospital Cornell....and the bike accidents vs car accidents was much higher...

Just be careful....I am not a fan of them anymore.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:18 PM
doug

Originally Posted by XKR
You could look at it that way.....but I spent 6 months in the ER at New York Hospital Cornell....and the bike accidents vs car accidents was much higher...

Just be careful....I am not a fan of them anymore.
most of those idiots are squids who wear not gear or doing stupid **** all the time or are riding a bike they should never be riding in the first place.. they eliminate themselves.. trust me.. i live with a Nero ICU Nurse and she rides too
Old 05-02-2009, 07:20 PM
XKR

most of those idiots are squids who wear not gear or doing stupid **** all the time or are riding a bike they should never be riding in the first place.. they eliminate themselves.. trust me.. i live with a Nero ICU Nurse and she rides too
Old 05-02-2009, 08:26 PM
tylerxfire

other thread must have been deleted? i sold my 06 gsxr-750 to get a vortech kit and boosted my car and dont regreat it...someday ill get another bike but ive been riding my whole life and honestly have just as much fun if not more with my car now
Old 05-02-2009, 08:39 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

If you were not FI already I'd say get the bike but being that you're already FI I'd say just keep it..
Old 05-02-2009, 09:22 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a commuter, poser, and rider of the sport. The Belt, Interboro, Southern State, Grand Central etc were my tracks. I've conquered and survived the 5 boroughs of New York and then some since '99 without a broken bone nor a single scratch. I've seen a lot come and I've seen a lot go, and MY BIKE HAS TO GO, someone buy this thing please CAN I HAS BOOST

https://my350z.com/forum/motorcycles...xr-1000-a.html
Old 05-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Everybodywildou

Originally Posted by TRYNALIVEPRO
I was a commuter, poser, and rider of the sport. The Belt, Interboro, Southern State, Grand Central etc were my tracks. I've conquered and survived the 5 boroughs of New York and then some since '99 without a broken bone nor a single scratch. I've seen a lot come and I've seen a lot go, and MY BIKE HAS TO GO, someone buy this thing please CAN I HAS BOOST

Nice bike man. I wish it was a 600 though. That and I dont have nearly enough money as that to spend on a bike.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:48 AM
doug

04 with 1700 miles? LOL my buddies 08 ZX-10R has 9000+ miles on it.. and my 07 GXR 1000 had 11,000 miles on it
Old 05-03-2009, 08:25 AM
tiguy99

Should be a a very good bike. If I wasn't saving up for my FI project at the moment, I'd grab the bike in a heartbeat.

My girl cringes everytime I mention the word motorcycle. Her and my own Mom gang up on me every time saying, Mike....we want you to live. We don't want you to die! The way I see it, I'll die when its my time to go you know what I'm saying?

Anyway, I have the G coupe now and this is my toy. So for me, F.I it is. I think its a much safer solution but you can still get on it and experience the rush if that makes sense. Or you can drive your car as docile as you want and still be ok.

Mike (XKR), why did you post that pic of the bigwheel earlier lol. Do you know that's what started my fast car craving when I was a kid?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 AM
go-fast
Banned

big wheel ha!......green machine is where it's at!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:29 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

04 with 1700 miles? LOL my buddies 08 ZX-10R has 9000+ miles on it.. and my 07 GXR 1000 had 11,000 miles on it
Dont get it twisted I got a lot of mileage and riding experience under my belt. Learned the concept of riding on a YSR in 94. Then my friends father had a Nighthawk and we use to steal it and ride it around the neighborhood when he was at work. Then my neighbor had a 98 Ninja ZX 7r and he use to let me ride it all the time. Purchased my first bike on June 15,1999 which was the first year they made the r6, I brought it to the dealership for the 600 mile service on the 3rd day, I was getting it in. I rode damn near every day even when the rain drops felt like bullets, couldn't keep me off it. I put over 8k miles in two months when it got stolen August 26, 1999. I was heart broken! Luckily my boys had multiple bikes, jumped on a R1 for a couple of summers, then in 03 got me a '03 GSXR 600(weak) but good for wheelies, I was spoiled by the liter bike, but thats's all I could afford at the time plus I was a fiend for riding. Then the following spring I picked up my current bike. Since then I've lost the hunger for it. I don't go crazy for them like I use to. They're nice and all but I'm at the point where I'm greatful for surviving this game and I can leave and not have any regrets. You saw how open I got after driving on your Merit Pkwy, I'll probably ride on it 1 or 2 times and throw in the towel, wash my hands and I'm done......
Old 05-03-2009, 02:24 PM
doug

Dont get it twisted I got a lot of mileage and riding experience under my belt. Learned the concept of riding on a YSR in 94. Then my friends father had a Nighthawk and we use to steal it and ride it around the neighborhood when he was at work. Then my neighbor had a 98 Ninja ZX 7r and he use to let me ride it all the time. Purchased my first bike on June 15,1999 which was the first year they made the r6, I brought it to the dealership for the 600 mile service on the 3rd day, I was getting it in. I rode damn near every day even when the rain drops felt like bullets, couldn't keep me off it. I put over 8k miles in two months when it got stolen August 26, 1999. I was heart broken! Luckily my boys had multiple bikes, jumped on a R1 for a couple of summers, then in 03 got me a '03 GSXR 600(weak) but good for wheelies, I was spoiled by the liter bike, but thats's all I could afford at the time plus I was a fiend for riding. Then the following spring I picked up my current bike. Since then I've lost the hunger for it. I don't go crazy for them like I use to. They're nice and all but I'm at the point where I'm greatful for surviving this game and I can leave and not have any regrets. You saw how open I got after driving on your Merit Pkwy, I'll probably ride on it 1 or 2 times and throw in the towel, wash my hands and I'm done......
i was just laughing at the low mileage on the 04.. not doubting your abilities.. my buddies 03 600RR that i ride from time to time has about 3600 miles on it.. 2000 i put myself.. my cousiin put about another 1000
Old 05-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Everybodywildou

If anybody has a lead on a nice bike for a great price PM me please.

Quick Reply: FI or bike?