Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jeremy Tibbs

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 05:35 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Zbee
I have read this whole thread. Very interesting. But what do you all expect? Why do you all continually pound AAM? I had my Z worked on by Jeremy; he did a great job. So did Clint. You guys are all Knit Picking. It's like being in a cave with a fire in it and looking at the wall. We are all looking at shadows of the people outside the cave. We are not getting the real picture, only seeing the shadows of the the people outside. that's the way I see it. Clint will understand. :-)
you're a few pages behind.. keep reading jr
Old 06-05-2009, 05:40 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
I don't even have a comment anymore for this thread.. i'm speachless.. i've been playing with my son all day.. didn't time read.. and i must say wow.. wow.. some of this stuff i already knew.. but wow..

i really feel for Chris though.. he is never on the forums anymore.. he kept quiet about alot of stuff because JT promised him stuff.. and just like Craig could have had a fast running safe car with Forged.. Chris was looking to go to Zaptrix or Forged for his build.. he got talked out of that too.. I don't know what the conversation was about.. so i'm not even going to say what JT told him.. but i do know he wanted to go to either of those shops

Yeah....I heard about Craig's car a long time ago....but was wandering why nothing was posted. I though everything was fixed or being fixed on his car....But the other guys....I knew it was bad news
Old 06-05-2009, 05:43 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremys Friend
Well, this will be my last post. I am sure that I will get a million calls telling me to look at the latest post on my thread to see what's up, but it really isn't worth all the drama. I have met a lot of really great people, have done a lot of really fun things, and know that I have done the best job that I could.

... ...

I just was trying to do the right thing and felt bad for people and end up being the bad guy. Thanks for all the people who have been cool along the way. I really appreciate it. This is my last post on here. Hope you all get a chance to read through it. If anything, I have learned this. Business is business. No friends in business. XXXX amount means XXXX amount for anyone. Document everything!! That is the key. There is never too much paperwork. Don't try to take over the world. Things take time. There are NO discounts!!

I'm really sorry if I personally got anyone involved in anything that didn't work out in their favor. That was not my plan. I think I tried so hard to make everyone happy..... and that's impossible.
When you weren't being victimized by your friends, you were busy making unsolicited offers for discounted parts and/or labor and even free tuning in attempts to steal customers from your regional competition.

Queue the customers from Japtrix, Forged Performance, Hill's Garage, Function Tuned, ...

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-05-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
When you weren't being victimized by your friends, you were busy making unsolicited offers for discounted parts and/or labor and even free tuning in attempts to steal customers from your regional competition.

Queue the customers from Japtrix, Hill's Garage, Function Tuned, ...
OHHHhhhhh LAWD !!! :j awdrop:

Last edited by XKR; 06-05-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:55 PM
taurran

I don't even have a comment anymore for this thread.. i'm speachless.. i've been playing with my son all day.. didn't time read.. and i must say wow.. wow.. some of this stuff i already knew.. but wow..

i really feel for Chris though.. he is never on the forums anymore.. he kept quiet about alot of stuff because JT promised him stuff.. and just like Craig could have had a fast running safe car with Forged.. Chris was looking to go to Zaptrix or Forged for his build.. he got talked out of that too.. I don't know what the conversation was about.. so i'm not even going to say what JT told him.. but i do know he wanted to go to either of those shops
Well, all past forum drama aside (I don't even really care about it anymore), thanks for posting your thoughts.

I have barely even scratched the surface in this thread, but you hit it right on the head there.

Basically what happened is people had plans for typical builds, and could have gone to other shops to get them done right... but they came to Jeremy and he promised them crazy builds with huge numbers for dirt cheap prices. For instance, I was just going to do a short block on the TN kit, but was promised a huge custom setup for less than Sharif charged. What were people supposed to believe? Was it our fault for going to Jeremy when he made all these lofty promises? I honestly think he meant the best by it, and wanted to make these cars work. He just bit off more than he could chew and ultimately screwed everyone in the process.

On top of that, these projects creeped upward in prices of parts and hours of labor. He hooked people up, and they "owed" him more and more until they felt like they couldn't talk or post about it. etc etc.

I, for one, didn't want to post about it because I didn't want my car to get dropped, delayed, or given back unfinished when I didn't have the money to fix it. I also defended Jeremy on the forums hard core, and didn't want to admit that it was doomed to fail. The "friends" cars had turned into shop cars that he hated working on, and if anyone spoke out about them he would say you were "**** talking" him, and basically treat you like you were wanting to fight or something... (see the old thread where he called me out while I was banned)

In the end we all just wanted to be customers and have our cars back. What we got was failed promises, long periods without our cars, and ultimately a group of people who hated their cars and wanted to sell them.

Last edited by taurran; 06-05-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Zbee
I have read this whole thread. Very interesting. But what do you all expect? Why do you all continually pound AAM? I had my Z worked on by Jeremy; he did a great job. So did Clint. You guys are all Knit Picking. It's like being in a cave with a fire in it and looking at the wall. We are all looking at shadows of the people outside the cave. We are not getting the real picture, only seeing the shadows of the the people outside. that's the way I see it. Clint will understand. :-)
Let me guess... Did you get a dyno chart that was bumpy with smoothing maxed out at 5? That tends to be Jeremy's trademark "tune".

I called Jeremy out on it once in a thread when he was still at PF. He blamed it on some problem with his DJ dyno. But I've noticed that the dynographs that have been posted up of cars he has tuned at AAM look the same. I have yet to see a Jeremy Tibbs tuned car with a smooth dyno chart that has smoothing set at zero. It's truly amazing and disturbing to see how many people actually think Jeremy is a good tuner.

Sooo many wannabes like Jeremy in the VQ industry. I hope more big names in the Supra world join here and start building VQ's. Then we will truely see the wheat being separated from the chaff.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-05-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:04 PM
doug

Originally Posted by taurran
Well, all past forum drama aside (I don't even really care about it anymore), thanks for posting your thoughts.
forum jokes and B.S. aside.. you didn't deserve to go through what you went through so i wouldn't wish that on anyone.. and i know Chris went through something quite simular so its personal to me..

JT you want to know why i always had a hard on for you? you alway asked Rome and he couldn't tell you because i never told him.. basically its the way you sucked the Car Enthusiast Soul out of Chris.. despite what he says to you .. and really.. as close as i am with rome and many others on this board.. the closest person to me on this forum was Chris.. and you killed him
Old 06-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy fawk...
Old 06-05-2009, 06:09 PM
doug

Let me guess... Did you get a dyno chart that was bumpy with smoothing maxed out at 5? That tends to be Jeremy's trademark "tune".

I called Jeremy out on it once in a thread when he was still at PF. He blamed it on some problem with his DJ dyno. But I've noticed that the dynographs that have been posted up of cars he has tuned at AAM look the same. I have yet to see a Jeremy Tibbs tuned car with a smooth dyno chart that has smoothing set at zero. It's truly amazing and disturbing to see how many people actually think Jeremy is a good tuner.

Sooo many wannabes like Jeremy in the VQ industry. I hope more big names in the Supra world join here and start building VQ's. Then we will truely see the wheat being separated from the chaff.

https://my350z.com/forum/7404103-post369.html
Old 06-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Motormouth
Banned

I didn't think jt tuned any cars at AAM.

Confirm deny?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:14 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by customer of vrt/ra
I have barely even scratched the surface in this thread, but you hit it right on the head there.

Basically what happened is people had plans for typical builds, and could have gone to other shops to get them done right... but they came to scott/ra/vrt and he promised them crazy builds with huge numbers for dirt cheap prices. For instance, I was just going to do a short block on the TN kit, but was promised a huge custom setup for less than Sharif and GTM charged. What were people supposed to believe? Was it our fault for going to scott/ra/vrt when he made all these lofty promises?

On top of that, these projects creeped upward in prices of parts and hours of labor. He hooked people up, and they "owed" him more and more until they felt like they couldn't talk or post about it. etc etc.

I, for one, didn't want to post about it because I didn't want my car to get dropped, delayed, or given back unfinished when I didn't have the money to fix it. I also defended scott/ra/vrt on the forums hard core, and didn't want to admit that it was doomed to fail.

This is some creepy ****. This is really creepy. Eric....read the PM and read this post again

Last edited by XKR; 06-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Clint@Altered
Banned

I little of topic....but smoothing 0 or smoothing 5 doesn't make much of a difference on a dynojet graph in winpep. Smoothing 0 produces a negligibly higher number, while smoothing five produces a smoother line. Neither of which look significantly differnet. If the graph is jumpy, smoothing 5 aint gonna help.

And Doug, hope I'm still down with your posse

And how could you guys not know Jeremy's friend was Jeremy?

Good luck to those of you who seek help. The drama is hurting my mind.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:19 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
I little of topic....but smoothing 0 or smoothing 5 doesn't make much of a difference on a dynojet graph in winpep. Smoothing 0 produces a negligibly higher number, while smoothing five produces a smoother line. Neither of which look significantly differnet. If the graph is jumpy, smoothing 5 aint gonna help.

yeah we knew that Clint when JT would turn the smoothing up all the way on his graph and it looked like the rocky mountains, but Sam had his turn all the way down and it was smooth as a baby's a$$

Clint you're down as long as you're not playing for both teams.. umm i mean a double agent
Old 06-05-2009, 06:21 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Then why do so many shops here on my350z post up dynos with smoothing set at 5?

Bottom line: Trying to make the tune look better than it really is.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Yes smoothing this smoothing that, lol, but you that's not what I meant by my post. I meant, I good tune is a good tune. In GENERAL
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

wow just wow as everyone knows i know how it feels to not have your car for over a year but damn
Old 06-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Then why do so many shops here on my350z post up dynos with smoothing set at 5?

Bottom line: Trying to make the tune look better than it really is.

This is off topic. but tomorrow I can post two identical graphs one at 0 one at 5 - they will be barely different. A LOT has to do with what program you are running. Think about it like this: dynos and dyno software are like peoples opinions. They can be used as a tool to tune or diagnose, one may be more accurate than the other, but the only important key for comparison is consistency from graph to graph (SAE, type of dyno, software used, etc)

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 06-05-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:26 PM
doug

Yes smoothing this smoothing that, lol, but you that's not what I meant by my post. I meant, I good tune is a good tune. In GENERAL
thats the whole point.. we knew that the tune wasn't good
Old 06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Clint@Altered
Banned

I just got the double agent joke. Took me a second.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

forum jokes and B.S. aside.. you didn't deserve to go through what you went through so i wouldn't wish that on anyone.. and i know Chris went through something quite simular so its personal to me..

JT you want to know why i always had a hard on for you? you alway asked Rome and he couldn't tell you because i never told him.. basically its the way you sucked the Car Enthusiast Soul out of Chris.. despite what he says to you .. and really.. as close as i am with rome and many others on this board.. the closest person to me on this forum was Chris.. and you killed him
Too true. I always ask why he doesn't show up at get-togethers and meets here in Orlando and people tell me he just isn't into it at all anymore. Sad really, when something you love and are so involved in gets ruined like that. I always looked forward to seeing that car run after I moved down here, because I remember how many video's he posted back in the day, and to this day I've never seen it run...

Quick Reply: Jeremy Tibbs