Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jeremy Tibbs

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 04:57 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-07-2009, 05:05 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Scott Bush.
So I move out here from San Diego...I can't escape the madness it seems. lulz
Old 06-07-2009, 05:39 PM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott Bush.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
ToastZ

Shed manager....lets get our facts straight.
Dammit, and I really thought I had a shot at that job.... rejected again
Old 06-08-2009, 05:16 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by QuadCam
Wow....this has become quite the witch hunt.....even bringing old ghosts (taurran) back into the light.

from the first 18 pages of thes thread......I just don't get why everyone is so interested in the JT/AAM timeline of events? Jeremy left....end of story!

And as far as all the PF angst that is coming out of the woodwork, I find it shocking that people start jumping in all at once. It is like watching someone getting kicked while they are on the ground.....just looking for an easy way to get a cheap shot in!

All these guys with the project cars that got put ont he back burner at PF..........you knew what you were getting into. You wanted a special, custom car but you didn't want to pay squat for it! Jeremy was your means to an end, and you were his means to making a name for his shop. Those relationships/builds were born with big flaws...right from the start. maybe it is just time and maturity, but you eventually learn that you always get what you pay for. sort of a risk vs. reward situation. Both sides only saw the reward and no one really looked at the risk. Unfortunately, these situations have high risk. It is nothing more than making a a high yield/high risk investmest. You have to realize that the risk usually outweghs the reward!

I consider Jeremy a friend, and no matter what hate stories come out, it won't change my opinion. I always had easy business dealings with Jeremy. Some times, I even thought he was selling things too cheaply and I would "overpay" him for it. hell, I even sent him, as a gift, a set of aluminum AN wrenches for his toolbox just because I believed in his passion for his business.

In closing, I'd really love to these boards go back to being a great source for tech sharing. The threads recently have really been dull. I still check the FI section on a daily basis, but I rarely see anything worthy of posting. As most of you know, I mainly proivde alot of tech info/support for questions on these boards. I am not a post-***** or a drama king, just a guy with a real passion for perforance and a willingness to share my knowledge with those who need it. It is posts like this one that really turn me off to what my350z.com has become.

Here's to better times!!!
Youre full of ****.

Nowhere in Jeremy's promises did he say that the cars would sit in the corner collecting cobwebs for months while he had your ***** in a vice over "helping" you fix his poor work. The only other option at that point would be to take back the car unfinished, not running, missing parts, and taking it to another shop to complete. Of course no one REALLY wants to to this, and neither did Jeremy. Are you suggesting we all should have taken that route? If so, you're unreasonable and have no idea.

I ended up paying well over $15k for the work he did, which turned out to be sub-par and taking over a year, including thousands of dollars of parts I didn't really need, and ultimately returned to me making no more power than a basic TN on a built block. I definitely did NOT get what I paid for.

I'm just saying that people like you that have never been in that situation can't identify with it. Then again, you've always had your head in the clouds, like coachk, when it comes to performance factory. Luckily for you, you didn't get burned when you had dealings with them.

Last edited by taurran; 06-08-2009 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:20 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by coachk
When the customers ran out of money to complete the jobs I told JT to just return the cars. That was his only responsibility at the time. There was no written contracts.
Lets just say I met my wife a long long time ago while we were both in law school.
Money wasn't the major issue. It was him delivering properly running cars and quality worksmanship. He failed on both regards. We weren't just paying for parts to be thrown on the car in any manner possible. We were paying for parts on the car that actually functioned properly, that made reliable power as promised by the shop, and intended by the manufacturer.

Jeremy couldn't even manage to bleed my clutch right. What a joke.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:22 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by coachk
Like you haven't already spoken to him about this...interesting how Craig came back so suddenly. BTW do you have my phone number as well
Be careful with this. Coachk apparently runs to Jeremy with anything you say and it becomes "**** talking". That's how things go apparently.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:50 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
Money wasn't the major issue. It was him delivering properly running cars and quality worksmanship. He failed on both regards. We weren't just paying for parts to be thrown on the car in any manner possible. We were paying for parts on the car that actually functioned properly, that made reliable power as promised by the shop, and intended by the manufacturer.

Jeremy couldn't even manage to bleed my clutch right. What a joke.
Coach i gotta agree here.. running out of money shouldn't even be an issue.. whatever agreement you have, wether its pay a deposit, pay when the job is complete or pay full upfront shouldn't affect how long it takes to get your car done or wether its completed or not. I properly running shop would have the car done and sitting there and it would be on the owner fault if he can't pick up his car after it was done. Clearly this wasn't the case at PF, the cars wern't even done. I don't know the situation with Craig, but Coach that argument doesn't even work with Chris.. Chris has deep pockets.. no way in hell Chris project could have been delayed by financial reasons, its quite evident JT didn't know what the hell he was doing, and maybe he learned from his mistakes when he did your build, but he was baffled on Chris car. I "HEARD" .. yes purely hearsay that when he blew Chris motor the first time he had no idea why it spun a bearing.. i also "HEARD" yes hearsay again, that it was the 3rd Separate motor this happened to in the shop, and the cause was the oil and/or break in technique.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Ghost_shift

Sooooooo. Who left AAM again?

I only had one dealing with Jeremy. And it was with my old 04 PPW. All I can say is that he was clutch. I was sold a broken Utec and he tried for about 3 hours to tune it. He ended up giving me a new one, tuned it. And told me he would handle getting the broken one replaced. I couldnt have asked for better custumer service. I hope he comes back to Orlando. I for one will definately get him to build my 08.

Last edited by Ghost_shift; 06-08-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:10 AM
doug

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
Sooooooo. Who left AAM again?

I only had one dealing with Jeremy. And it was with my old 04 PPW. All I can say is that he was clutch. I was sold a broken Utec and he tried for about 3 hours to tune it. He ended up giving me a new one, tuned it. And told me he would handle getting the broken one replaced. I couldnt have asked for better custumer service. I hope he comes back to Orlando. I for one will definately get him to build my 08.
what page are you on?
Old 06-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by doug
what page are you on?
I wasnt going to read all these pages of bull$hit. I skimmed through the facts. My reply was IF he came back. And my "who left AAM" question was sarcasm.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:22 AM
doug

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
I wasnt going to read all these pages of bull$hit. I skimmed through the facts. My reply was IF he came back. And my "who left AAM" question was sarcasm.
you do realize i commented on what i made red right? red? stands out? you realize that right? you skimmed through all the pages of bullsh!t, but its quite obvious by your comment you missed some pertinent bullsh!t.. i wasn't even commenting on the AAM comment.. anyway.. go back and read the bullsh!t
Old 06-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread is BS, Jeremy left, end of story.

Now we have Craig in here crying, throwing Jeremy under the bus because the biggest ST nuthugger of the time wanted to tackle on an unproven idea on a kit that struggled to 420whp, and came up short. Cry me a river...
Old 06-08-2009, 06:27 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
This thread is BS, Jeremy left, end of story.

Now we have Craig in here crying, throwing Jeremy under the bus because the biggest ST nuthugger of the time wanted to tackle on an unproven idea on a kit that struggled to 420whp, and came up short. Cry me a river...