Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New winter new turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ekelly36
Any news for the HR crowd? Im saving right now... im getting close to pulling the trigger and I really like the way your kit is set up....
Sorry nothing yet. No donor cars
Old 06-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I should mention that I have been looking in to the quick spool valve from Sound Performance. This may be an option soon for those looking to improve spool with the larger 6765 turbos.

So quicker spool and very good top end.

Look for numbers with the 67mm turbo in the near future as well.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Nice man keep up the good work!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 AM
tiguy99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Sorry nothing yet. No donor cars
Any Canadian HR owners willing to participate? R & D cars get to have all the fun
Old 06-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Dragonbreath

I have read pages 1 through 26 and can say that I am thoroughly impressed by your craftsmanship. The attention to detail that you expalined in this thread is just enough to make me want to buy this kit, let alone the awsome components, quality of work, and the instruction manual lol. Im going to try to save some money to buy this kit. Im so impressed with this that I almost have a gay obsession with it lol.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dragonbreath
I have read pages 1 through 26 and can say that I am thoroughly impressed by your craftsmanship. The attention to detail that you expalined in this thread is just enough to make me want to buy this kit, let alone the awsome components, quality of work, and the instruction manual lol. Im going to try to save some money to buy this kit. Im so impressed with this that I almost have a gay obsession with it lol.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dragonbreath

that made my day. I am glad you said that you have a gay obsession with IT and not ME.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
zmedic16

any update sasha? anymore6765s out right now? who is almost up and running?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zmedic16
any update sasha? anymore6765s out right now? who is almost up and running?
I sent you a PM a while back regarding your kit. Your kit will ship next week.

As far as 67's go, Jeff is scheduled for dyno time at Injected on Saturday. The car is up an runing, from what I understand and just needs to be tuned now.

Orders are coming in steady, so I am very very buisy these days.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 06-24-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:17 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since you have to use twin scroll turbine housings, it makes more sense for you to make a twin scroll piping and just use 2 wastegates. an extra wastegate is WAY cheaper than the spool valve and the fitment issues would be moot.

I should mention that I have been looking in to the quick spool valve from Sound Performance. This may be an option soon for those looking to improve spool with the larger 6765 turbos.

So quicker spool and very good top end.

Look for numbers with the 67mm turbo in the near future as well.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Since you have to use twin scroll turbine housings, it makes more sense for you to make a twin scroll piping and just use 2 wastegates. an extra wastegate is WAY cheaper than the spool valve and the fitment issues would be moot.
Hmmmm...no. I don't have to use twin scroll turbine housings. The standard T4 is just fine. If you want to give all that piping a go, feel free. The time/price it takes to fabricate all that the kit price would go up by 25%.

The quick spool valve has shown great results, and it would be an easy mod to make with a large turbo.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 06-24-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

with the quick spool, you most definitely need a twin scroll turbine

"The Quick Spool Valve has a butterfly valve blocking a scroll of the divided turbo housing making the turbo act as if it were a smaller turbo."

from http://www.spracingonline.com/store/...ool_Valve/3659

All the quick spool is doing is allowing people with single exhaust manifolds run a twin scroll turbo.

Last edited by str8dum1; 06-24-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

with the quick spool, you most definitely need a twin scroll turbine

"The Quick Spool Valve has a butterfly valve blocking a scroll of the divided turbo housing making the turbo act as if it were a smaller turbo."

from http://www.spracingonline.com/store/...ool_Valve/3659

All the quick spool is doing is allowing people with single exhaust manifolds run a twin scroll turbo.
Yes, slight misunderstanding I think. What I mean is that one can use an open T4 turbine with the kit as is. If you want to use the twin scroll then the quick spool valve would be of great benifit.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

rich, i think doing the piping would be more complex and time consuming than putting a divided housing and quick spool valve. Those would both just bolt right on. 200$ for the housing and lookking like 500$ for the valve+actuator.

so 700$ and bolt on stuff isn't bad.

Also, how much of a low end increase do you think running a full twin scroll setup would you see verses pumping full exhaust into just one small wheel until 10 psi?

idk the difference but i would think the quick spool valve would get faster spool than running each bank to a scroll.....but then again i'm not a turbo guru or an engineer.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:56 AM
binder

I

As far as 67's go, Jeff is scheduled for dyno time at Injected on Saturday. The car is up an runing, from what I understand and just needs to be tuned now.

Orders are coming in steady, so I am very very buisy these days.
The car made it just fine to the exhaust shop. Such a relief with all the stupid issues i've had (not with the kit, with my car being a *****).

Now they are mating my 3" DP to my dual exhaust and i'll be on my way over to lexington. Tuning starts at 9:30 am.

i decided against race gas tune because let's face it, i'm never going to put race gas in this car other than on the dyno. I will however be doing an e85 tune since i could see myself making a full switch to e85 since it's readily available here. The only downside is due to my 1000cc hks injectors i might be slightly limited on my top end for the e85. If it's not to my satisfaction then i'll get larger injectors over the winter and go for huge numbers e85 next spring.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by binder
The car made it just fine to the exhaust shop. Such a relief with all the stupid issues i've had (not with the kit, with my car being a *****).

Now they are mating my 3" DP to my dual exhaust and i'll be on my way over to lexington. Tuning starts at 9:30 am.

i decided against race gas tune because let's face it, i'm never going to put race gas in this car other than on the dyno. I will however be doing an e85 tune since i could see myself making a full switch to e85 since it's readily available here. The only downside is due to my 1000cc hks injectors i might be slightly limited on my top end for the e85. If it's not to my satisfaction then i'll get larger injectors over the winter and go for huge numbers e85 next spring.
I can't wait for the results.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:15 AM
binder

me too!

i wish i had larger injectors but i'll at least test the limited of a cjm stage 3 on hks 1000's. maybe it will be higher hp than we predict!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi sasha!! looks like the kit is doing good!!

I cant wait to see jeffs #s... i better be getting the first txt!!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
Hi sasha!! looks like the kit is doing good!!

I cant wait to see jeffs #s... i better be getting the first txt!!

I won't even know tomorrow. I'll be out at the lake camping...it will drive me nuts now knowin how it went till Sunday.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Somewhat of an update with a change to the kit:

First is the Wastegate setup. I have decided to change the angle at which the wastegate sits on the up pipe. This will result in better flow for those that go with the larger turbo. The way I had at first works just fine, and there is not boost creep issues with the standard kit, and only about 1.5psi boost creep with the large 67mm turbo. Not a big deal as most that opt for the large turbo run higher boost anyway.

Some pics of the change:

With dump tube:

Because it is V-band you can turn it however you wish.

Second thing is the SupperTrapp option over the re-circulated dump tube. It is basically a muffler silencing the wastegate when it opens up. It works very well, and will be an option over the re-circulated setup. Looks like so:

Shown in those pictures is one with 3" disks.

Third change will be on the turbo intake side. I have decided to change air filters, and as I result the piping is a bit different/larger. The filter I will use has the following dimensions:

Inlet: 3.5"
Base OD: 5.5"
Top OD: 4.0"
Height: 7 5/16"

Looks like so:

In place:

As a result of the changes, the price of the kit is going up just a bit.

Tuner kit price as it is now is $4550. With a larger air filter, larger intake and the SupperTrapp the price goes up to $4660. With open dumps (no SupperTrapp) the price will be $4600. The dump tube will be made so that if one chooses to go with the SupperTrapp down the road, they can just add it later.

Last thing to mention is that I am also offering the HKS SSQV BOV. This is due to popular demand. This does not change the price of the kit, it is an option.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 09-19-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Quick Reply: New winter new turbo build