Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New winter new turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 08:43 AM
06silver350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much will this kit run me shipped to 31750
Old 11-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 06silver350Z
How much will this kit run me shipped to 31750
Please have a look at the link for details:

https://my350z.com/forum/members/boo...itor_messaging

Shipping is around $280.

I would like to do a group buy for 10 kits. If I can get ten deposits, the price would come down a couple of hundred $$$.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:29 PM
jdepe

Hey Sasha,
Any updates with the catch can? I still need to order one.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Group buy now on:

https://my350z.com/forum/engine/5894...l#post10311271
Old 02-01-2014, 06:43 AM
gixx76
Banned

If anyone wants the factual low down on this kit feel free to PM me!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gixx76
If anyone wants the factual low down on this kit feel free to PM me!!!
Just so we are all on the same page here, as I know you have bee trying to put this kit down for a wahile:

Customer had his stock motor blow because he went to a local tuner against my advice. Durring the install customer damaged the wastegate, I repleaced it with a new one, no questions asked. Found out it was damaged durring the install after it was sent to Tial for warranty repair.

Built motor blew because the customer decided to do 40 min track session without any cooling modification at all (no oil cooler, OEM radiator...ect). Engine builder built the car for an occasional day at the track as the customer described it, not 4-5 40 minute hard runs around the track, which is what the customer ended up doing.

After the first sign of trouble with the car, customer decided to go to another local shop/tuner who altered the tune, and pushed the car/power even further. Which is the last thing one should ever do if they know there is something not right with the system. He then again blaimed the kit, and engine build for all the issues that were to come.

Oil overheated, and a piece of the turbo thrust bearing broke off, ended up going in the scavenge pump. Pump seized car started to smoke. The built engine also blew (nothing to do with the turbo kit), again I suspect due to lack of budget on customers part to install any kind of safety features including upgraded cooling/monitoring. A haltech would have been the right EMS for this application, and the customer even asked me if I think he should go with it instead of UpRev. Of course I said yes, and instructed him to talk to his tuner.

Customer was instructed to remove scavenge pump front plate and cleane everything out. Pump seized again, had the customer send the pump to me. I found a piece of the turbo thrust bearing in the pump:

I would have told the customer to go with a BB turbo upgrade if I had known the actual intended use for this car.

Once removed pump was 100% as good as new.

The turbo was sent to Precision for warranty repair, and customer got it only a few (4 I think) days later.

Customer however wanted a brand new turbo, and a brand new scavenge pump with 24 shipping service, which I was not going to provide, because I did not know the cause of the issues at the time. 253 emails were sent to me (actual number), and well over 200 were replied to within 12 hours. This was apparently horrible customer service, the kit is a, and I quote : "a piece of sh..t" and nobody should ever buy it.

Every email was degrading, insulting and the use of profanity was overwhelming.

You guys that have been around know the service and quality I provide, so for one unreasonable customer to voice his thoughts does not concern me at all. There are dozens of very happy customers out there who would buy a BP again in a heartbeat.

In the mean, you guys can read up on some more BP builds:

http://www.dynosty.com/tag/boosted-performance/

Old 02-01-2014, 09:49 AM
gixx76
Banned

Just so we are all on the same page here, as I know you have bee trying to put this kit down for a wahile:

He had his stock motor blow because he went to a local tuner against my advice. Durrin the install customer damaged the wastegate, I repleaced it with a new one, no questions asked. Found out it was damaged durring the install after it was sent to Tial for warranty repair. SIMPLY PUT THIS IS A COMPLETE LIE, R/T TUNING PULLED THE GATE AND SAID IT WAS DEFECTIVE, NOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH INSTALLATION.

Built motor blew because the customer decided to do one hour track session without any cooling modification at all (no oil cooler, OEM radiator...ect). Engine builder built the car for an occasional day at the track as the customer described it, not 4-5 40 minute hard runs around the track, which is what the customer ended up doing. ANOTHER COMPLETE LIE, THE FIRST BUILD BLEW BECAUSE THE BUILDER USED THE INCORRECT HEAD STUDS FOR THE POWER, THE CAR HAD NEVER BEEN TRACKED AT THIS POINT AND BLEW THE HEAD GASKET ON THE STREET.

After the first sign of trouble with the car, customer decided to go to another local shop/tuner who altered the tune, and pushed the car/power even further. Which is the last thing one should ever do if they know there is something not right with the system. He then again blaimed the kit, and engine build for all the issues that were to come. MORE BS FROM BP, THE MOTOR WAS REBUILT AGAIN BY R/T AFTER THE HEAD GASKET/HEAD STUD ISSUE AND THE ACTUAL CONTINUED ISSUE OF THE TURBO BEING A POS WAS OVERLOOKED, THIS IS WHEN THE PIECES FROM THE THRUST BEARING SEIZED THE SCAVENGE PUMP AND **** THE WHOLE SYSTEM.

Oil overheated, and a piece of the turbo thrust bearing broke off, ended up going in the scavenge pump. Pump seized car started to smoke. The built engine also blew (nothing to do with the turbo kit), again I suspect due to lack of budget on customers part to install any kind of safety features including upgraded cooling/monitoring. A haltech would have been the right EMS for this application, and the customer even asked me if I think he should go with it instead of UpRev. Of course I said yes, and instructed him to talk to his tuner. MORE BS FROM BP, UNREAL, THERE WAS NEVER ANY OVERHEATING (CONFIRMED BY DENIS AT PRECISION) JUST A DEFECTIVE POS TURBO THAT IN TURN CAUSED THE PUMP TO FAIL, THEN IN TURN CAUSING MOTOR DAMAGE.

Customer was instructed to remove scavenge pump front plate and cleane everything out. Pump seized again, had the customer send the pump to me. I found a piece of the thrust bearing in the pump:

Click the image to open in full size.

Once removed pump was 100% as good as new.

I would have told the customer to go with a BB turbo upgrade if I had known the actual intended use for this car. But then again, budget would have been an issue. BP KNEW FROM DAY ONE THAT THIS CAR WAS USED FOR 6-8 TRACK DAYS A YEAR AND NEVER ONCE MENTIONED A BB TURBO, REGARDLESS OF BUDGET.

The turbo was sent to Precision for warranty repair, and customer got it only a few (4 I think) days later. ONLY TRUE STATEMENT, PRECISION HAS TOP NOTCH SERVICE AND DENIS WAS A PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH AND IT IS STILL ONGOING TO TRY AND FIGURE THE REASON WHY THIS SET UP IS SUCH CRAP. RESULTS SOON.

Customer however wanted a brand new turbo, and a brand new scavenge pump with 24 shipping service, which I was not going to provide, because I did not know the cause of the issues at the time. 253 emails were sent to me (actual number), and well over 200 were replied to within 12 hours. This was apparently horrible customer service, the kit is a, and I quote : "a piece of sh..t" and nobody should ever buy it. NOBODY (OR VERY FEW) WILL BUY IT, BECAUSE THE WAY IT IS SET UP IS WHAT MAKES IT CRAP.

Every email was degrading, insulting and the use of profanity was overwhelming.

You guys that have been around know the service and quality I provide, so for one unreasonable customer to voice his thoughts does not concern me at all. There are dozens of very happy customers out there who would buy a BP again in a heartbeat. I WILL COME AND SCOOP 30K OUT OF YOUR POCKET AND WE WILL SEE IF YOU REMAIN REASONABLE. SURE NOT 'YOUR' FAULT THAT THE PRODUCTS IN YOUR KIT ARE CRAP, BUT THEN ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE GRUB THAT SOLD ME SAID PARTS. GFY

In the mean, you guys can read up on some more BP builds:

http://www.dynosty.com/tag/boosted-performance/

AT THE END OF THE DAY I DON'T CARE WHAT SASHA HAS TO SAY AT THIS POINT I KNOW THE FACTS OF WHAT HAPPENED WITH THIS CRAP KIT AND HOW IT PERTAINS TO M SITUATION IN PARTICULAR, DOES THE KIT HAVE GREAT WELDS? YES. IS THE KIT CHEAP? YES. DOES IT YIELD GOOD #'S (WHEN OPERATIONAL)? YES.

THE ISSUE IS THE KIT'S LIFELINE IS THE PUMP AND WITH A CRAP TURBO, THATS THRUST BEARING GOES FOR NO REASON WITH ONLY 1500KM ON IT CAUSES THE PUMP TO FAIL, YOU ARE POOCHED. IMO IF YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO LEAVE YOU WITH A NIGHTMARE, THEN DO BUY THIS KIT, OTHERWISE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, SPEND THE MONEY ON SOMETHING BETTER. IMHO, AVOID THIS KIT LIKE THE PLAGUE OR YOU ARE LOOKING FOR EMPTY POCKETS AND BROKEN DREAMS...HAHAHAH.

Last edited by gixx76; 02-01-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I think you really need to do some readin on how an internal combustion engine works, before you can say a turbo caused your engine to blow, especially when no debris from the turbo could possibly get to the engine due to the scavenge pump being between them.

You pushed the car further (at Sasha Anis's shop) with a dirty MAF sensor (crucital for a/f ratios), which is why I suggested Haltech, which uses a MAP sensor after finding out that this will be a track car. You even told me that you guys made 655whp there...I think you arge forgetting a lot of stuff....as usual.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:07 PM
gixx76
Banned

Hahaha.. Ok, whatever you say,
Old 02-01-2014, 01:52 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

gixx76, there is nothing inherently wrong with any of the parts in the BP kit. They are used in so many applications. You have to put some thought into how much you want to pay IN ADDITION to the basic kit to have the additional safety if you want it to be able to survive a blown turbo, a blown motor, or a blown pump.

If you went with a tt kit, 30k just gets you started if you really want to maintain a car at double or triple the stock horsepower, esp if the turbos are hard to get to.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:06 PM
gixx76
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
gixx76, there is nothing inherently wrong with any of the parts in the BP kit. They are used in so many applications. You have to put some thought into how much you want to pay IN ADDITION to the basic kit to have the additional safety if you want it to be able to survive a blown turbo, a blown motor, or a blown pump.

If you went with a tt kit, 30k just gets you started if you really want to maintain a car at double or triple the stock horsepower, esp if the turbos are hard to get to.
I hear ya, that is your opinion, mine is that the setup and configuration is the issue, and people should know before they waste there money on BP crap. Since cost wise going with another kit would be passing more money away, we have gone with the Haltech pro plug in and hopefully the POS turbo and BP kit will actually work for more than a few km together. Either way, my experience with the kit has been what it is, crap. There is enough people that share the same feeling about this budget kit and those that have any sense will avoid it and go elsewhere.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:08 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

I honestly feel that blaming someone else for your problems is not going to fix anything.

I have had prototype kits of Sasha's on my car. I am making way more power than you ever did, I also have had multiple track days with the setup, Mid-oh, Putnam, ZDAYZ. The only two issues I've ever had with the BP was heat transfer to my stock clutch line, swapped a teflon coated ss line and fixed the issue, and a flex pipe that cracked on my original prototype kit that Sasha sent me another free of charge. He changed from 4" flex sections to 6" in all future kits. I now have a twin scroll. I unfortunately broke my motor again from over revving pushing my stock rev-up head to 8200 constantly for several hot laps, but the turbo system will be inspected as well and I suspect that all is well. I am on a Haltech Pro Platinum, ID 1000s, A real fuel system, KOYO R radiator, every cooling mod you can think of, larger oil cooler, oversized filter, and I have not once had an issue with temps. I have had 4 turbo setups on my Z, Turbonetics, JWT TT 530, BP Mid Mount, BP Twin Scroll with BB turbo. The Twin Scroll is the one to have although it isn't the budget kit. FI is not for the cheap, faint of heart, or blame gamers. Something will break and always breaks. I was making 700 who DJ on pump gas. There was plenty left in my kit and when I get my heads back and drop in some Carillo Rods and Ill be back and revving to 9K+ shooting for 900 on E85. Last year at ZDAYZ i proved through results his setup will destroy a Fast Intentions kit, hang with AMS 750+ GTRs, and runs faster than most other setups out there.

I won't downplay your misfortune but that is also the name of the game you got into. BP and Sasha make a quality product as shown by quantifiable facts. Everyone has part failures. I see that Sasha has gone above and beyond to try to help with the situation. At that point I would just walk away, as you are damaging yourself and the community through poor rationalization more than an informative post. Opinions and pontification are great, but they are best left in bedroom when you are trying to please your wife. Facts and Conclusive evidence supports this hobby not keyboard jockeying. With that said maybe I think a separate thread should be made if you wish to continue your ranting and leave this educational thread open before the mods have to clean up the nonsense.

Also from you responses; it sounds like you have a hard time admitting your short-comings and failures as an owner. Please take this advice from an impartial party (I'm only impartial to the fact that I really don't give a **** what you think, do, build, etc... I am quite partial to Sasha and his business practices and products). Find a good engine builder, a better tuner, and make sure you have double what you spend on the build in the bank to fix issues. I let the wrong people build my first setup and I am still paying for it years later. Also never use USED refurb parts, that is what Ebay is for. Sell that stuff and get new again.

www.Dynosty.com if money and time aren't a big deal this is the place to be, you'll be faster and more reliable and people here will sell you things that work.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:35 PM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by gixx76
I hear ya, that is your opinion, mine is that the setup and configuration is the issue, and people should know before they waste there money on BP crap. Since cost wise going with another kit would be passing more money away, we have gone with the Haltech pro plug in and hopefully the POS turbo and BP kit will actually work for more than a few km together. Either way, my experience with the kit has been what it is, crap. There is enough people that share the same feeling about this budget kit and those that have any sense will avoid it and go elsewhere.
So, in your opinion, what makes the BP setup and configuration "crap"? Tial and precision products are used on numerous kits and builds. I have read all your posts and have yet to see any "facts" as to why they are suddenly "crap" products on a BP kit but good products on other kits/builds.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks Don. If you have that DJ sheet handy please send it if you have a minute. I have not seen it.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:58 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

I unfortunately don't have much of anything. There was a local dyno day in Cincy. When I get back up and running again I'll be attending the same event again. Ill get some video and a doc for ya.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

"lurk"
Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Yeah, this really is a customer from hell. There is no other way to put it. I have replaced a few things for him under warranty no questions asked, like the Tial diaphragm that he damaged during the install. The turbo was repaired under warranty by precision with 4 day turnaround with overnigh shipping both ways because I pulled some strings there (usual turnaround is 3 weeks). That was not good enough because customer wanted a brand new turbo with overnight shipping.

I took the scavenge pump apart and found this in it:

You can see where it was stuck and the slight indentation on the brass gear. Once the piece was removed the pump worked like new. I also sanded that small area down smooth just in case. Customer however was angry, and said that I planted the metal in there. He demanded that I overnight a brand new pump to him...there was no point since this pump was in perfect working condition. I also checked the pump electrically since this customer claimed that it blew a couple of fuses. The pump checked out fine, drawing only 5.4A of electric current while pumping oil full blast. The fuse was 20A, so it was not possible to blow the fuse.

He also called my scavenge pump supplier after I had two filters for the pump sent over to him (for free of course). He yelled at him, telling him that the pumps are garbage, calling him names...same type of language that he had sent me through email over 200 times.

It just never seemed to end, no matter what I did it wasn't good enough and I hope the ban lasts for a long time.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 02-02-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:37 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Where are my free parts Sasha! Im doing a motor build, I need Cams & Rods & Ferrea Valvetrain stuff and a spare block!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

As I am finishing up the fabrication of 6 kits, each one is test fitted on my own car to make sure each kit fits perfectly:

Name:  IMG_0078_zps40c44ae4.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  982.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0068_zpsa286895d.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  3.08 MB

Even the OEM exhaust is installed for this purpose:

Name:  IMG_0081_zpsa4d71cf7.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  616.0 KB

The crossover pipe used to be the lowest part of the kit, but it is now modified so it sits 3/4" higher than it used to:

Name:  IMG_0057_zps4de3abed.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  2.55 MB

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 03-02-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:03 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wanna see the SP housings