Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Another Powerlab Build on stage 2 motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by qqqqball
Beefed up.. since the gears aren't easy to find, a Donner C6 zo6 six speed was happy to help, we took the gears out of it, surprisingly they are very close we left 5/6 from stock one in.
Who did the work?

You are saying you have C6 Z06 1-4 gears in your Nissan 6MT tranny?

Stock final drive? Have you figured out what the new ratios will be and calculated speed in each gear?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:56 AM
qqqqball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Who did the work?

You are saying you have C6 Z06 1-4 gears in your Nissan 6MT tranny?

Stock final drive? Have you figured out what the new ratios will be and calculated speed in each gear?
a family friend who has nothing but time found a way for them to fit, took him about 3 months about 20 hours a week, but he's just happy to do something in his retired state, he use to be a transmission engineer for GM, once i know them i will let you know, it does just whip through first and second but 3rd pulls just as strong as stock, 4 is the new 3rd 1st maxes at 30 2 maxes at 50 3 and beyond haven't hit yet

Last edited by qqqqball; 11-25-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:14 AM
marra23

a family friend who has nothing but time found a way for them to fit, took him about 3 months about 20 hours a week, but he's just happy to do something in his retired state, he use to be a transmission engineer for GM, once i know them i will let you know, it does just whip through first and second but 3rd pulls just as strong as stock, 4 is the new 3rd 1st maxes at 30 2 maxes at 50 3 and beyond haven't hit yet
I can only imagine if its quiker threw the gears 1-3 than stock, F/I gonna be worst for traction.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:09 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looking good. i woulda skipped on that polished plenum and stuff bc that timing cover and TB look like poop against it.

Otherwise, in for the dyno!
Old 11-26-2009, 06:16 AM
qqqqball

Originally Posted by str8dum1
looking good. i woulda skipped on that polished plenum and stuff bc that timing cover and TB look like poop against it.

Otherwise, in for the dyno!
throttle body is just awaiting at chroming cost too much to do a single part, once the place has enough parts to do a batch it will get chromed
Old 11-26-2009, 06:56 AM
ttuberz
Banned

nice build. I'm sure ill see it at a local show. use paint stripper and strip the blue off the greddy strut bar and it will look cleaner. the whole blue and red don't really match up. Once the timing covers are all polished it will loook real good. good luck with it. hopefully ill have my pl kit by the summer too
Old 11-26-2009, 08:56 AM
qqqqball

Originally Posted by ttuberz
nice build. I'm sure ill see it at a local show. use paint stripper and strip the blue off the greddy strut bar and it will look cleaner. the whole blue and red don't really match up. Once the timing covers are all polished it will loook real good. good luck with it. hopefully ill have my pl kit by the summer too
this winter it will be powder coated red
Old 11-27-2009, 05:57 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Impossible, first and second gears on the main shaft are part of the actual shaft, so the entire shaft would have to be replaced.

Here is a pic of T56 shafts

This guy is blowing sunshine up your ***. What he is claiming is impossible.

While were on the subject of upgrading the 350Z's 6-speed transmission, there ARE upgraded gearsets available. Not to mention, first and second gears on our transmission are VERY beefy, with zero documented failures, so there is no need to "replace them"

Here's some reading for you...

6MT analysis
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...internals.html

3rd gear solution
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-solution.html

3rd gear install and impressions
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-in-6mt-2.html
Old 11-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Nealoc187

LOLOLOLOL @ T56 internals in an MRA70... you might as well have claimed to replace your VQ with a pair of solid rocket boosters from the space shuttle... T56 internals in the MRA70 is laughable. This is so impossible it's not even worth arguing about. Though since I built high performance and race transmissions for 3.5 years incuding the 350Z transmission pictured above with aftermarket gears who I was incidentally a consultant on, and T56 transmissions, I'd be happy to indulge you or your 'family friend who is a drivetrain engineer' in a discussion about how exactly he made the utterly impossible modification. Since I have a degree in AE it should be a good discussion, engineer to engineer...

So are you lying about what was done to the transmission, or did you really have a guy that was supposed to do something to your trans, and this T56 internal swap crap is what he just told you he did? If that is the case, it's not you that's at fault - it's the dude who lied to you and said he did this to your trans. Because what has been claimed here is impossible, so either your trans guy lied to you, or you lied to the forum. If the former is true, then you're only guilty of being duped, if the latter is true, then it makes me wonder what else about this build has been lied about...

Last edited by Nealoc187; 11-27-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

This thread direction is getting interesting....
Old 11-27-2009, 07:43 AM
sumfknguy

i haven't sub'd a thread in ages... but i think this will do..
Old 11-27-2009, 08:49 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hm, getting even interesting. Love to hear the OP's side.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:14 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will not comment..................................................... ............................................................ ............................................................ ......yet.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:12 PM
qqqqball

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
LOLOLOLOL @ T56 internals in an MRA70... you might as well have claimed to replace your VQ with a pair of solid rocket boosters from the space shuttle... T56 internals in the MRA70 is laughable. This is so impossible it's not even worth arguing about. Though since I built high performance and race transmissions for 3.5 years incuding the 350Z transmission pictured above with aftermarket gears who I was incidentally a consultant on, and T56 transmissions, I'd be happy to indulge you or your 'family friend who is a drivetrain engineer' in a discussion about how exactly he made the utterly impossible modification. Since I have a degree in AE it should be a good discussion, engineer to engineer...

So are you lying about what was done to the transmission, or did you really have a guy that was supposed to do something to your trans, and this T56 internal swap crap is what he just told you he did? If that is the case, it's not you that's at fault - it's the dude who lied to you and said he did this to your trans. Because what has been claimed here is impossible, so either your trans guy lied to you, or you lied to the forum. If the former is true, then you're only guilty of being duped, if the latter is true, then it makes me wonder what else about this build has been lied about...
It was infact me that was lied to. i Have showed him the pictures and told him some other AE would like to ask him how he did this, but only after the flaming i received. He shuttered and said.... "I didn't Claim that I switched the 1-4 gears DIRECTLY from the T-56.... only mearly had similar ones made with the same ratios."

SO basically after taking the pictures and information, that i previously had no knowledge of and was just going on the mere idea he was a family friend and had no reason to lie since i was not getting charge for anything other than parts. I do know he did change the ratios, as the are definitely not stock. For this I apologize.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:18 PM
qqqqball

and before you ask it is a entirely new shaft all custom, as he did show me the other shaft that has a broken 2nd ( few teeth missing most likely from 3rd breaking) and a stripped 3rd
Old 11-27-2009, 07:57 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^^
props for maning up and taking the flame...any other n00b would have had a "breakdown'
Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

and before you ask it is a entirely new shaft all custom, as he did show me the other shaft that has a broken 2nd ( few teeth missing most likely from 3rd breaking) and a stripped 3rd
Do you know who manufactured the new shaft?

I'm astounded @ the breakage of the actual gear teeth in your transmission, as there have been ZERO documented failures of gear teeth in this transmission until now. Do you have any pictures of the the "broken" shaft and gear?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:07 AM
qqqqball

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Do you know who manufactured the new shaft?

I'm astounded @ the breakage of the actual gear teeth in your transmission, as there have been ZERO documented failures of gear teeth in this transmission until now. Do you have any pictures of the the "broken" shaft and gear?
it was at no fault the gears teeth, but rather a containment, thank you Lucas , oil analysis said there was Phosphine oxide in high quantities in the oil, I was told that this caused hydrogen embrittlement... i have no idea what that means.. this coupled with track driving (heat) cause them to crack leading to failure. Shaft was made by Sporties Custom transmissions in Quebec Canada

stand by for pictures of gears No later than 5Dec2009
Old 11-28-2009, 12:32 PM
UMW350Z

given the recent rash of thefts semi-close to you, I would make sure you photoshop your plate out of the pics your take
Old 11-29-2009, 07:11 AM
zul8r

sounds similar to mine except I have the 37r. Just finishing our swap and blowing the first garbage motor I had in there. Mine should be done in a few weeks I'll put up a post

Quick Reply: Another Powerlab Build on stage 2 motor