Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SEMA 350Z TT Debut

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 04:18 PM
jak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SSR Engineering
We are just presenting the kit then. There won't be any WHP results until 2-3 Weeks after the SEMA Debut, Quarter Mile testing will be up to the customer.
Presenting the idea? Or presenting a 100% reliabally working fully tested buyable kit?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Jeff
Old 10-20-2003, 05:40 PM
little_rod

Guys, it looks as if this kit will be out, and most of the "testing" will be done by the customer. They will probably have a conservative rwhp rating, based off of the safe researched power numbers of other manufactors. Really, it is just a custom kit that is for sale to the public earlier than others. I would EXPECT for this kit to be cheaper than the other kits that have had more testing. The Z is not a car that is THAT much different than any car ever made, lol.

I can see the flames rising on this, but if the kit goes along with current kits and is at a discount from them, there is no reason for the kit to not be a successful one. To each is own.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:47 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by little_rod
The Z is not a car that is THAT much different than any car ever made, lol.

I could not agree with you more. It will only be a matter of time till we see good numbers
Old 10-20-2003, 05:56 PM
jak

Guys, it looks as if this kit will be out, and most of the "testing" will be done by the customer. They will probably have a conservative rwhp rating, based off of the safe researched power numbers of other manufactors. Really, it is just a custom kit that is for sale to the public earlier than others. I would EXPECT for this kit to be cheaper than the other kits that have had more testing. The Z is not a car that is THAT much different than any car ever made, lol.

I can see the flames rising on this, but if the kit goes along with current kits and is at a discount from them, there is no reason for the kit to not be a successful one. To each is own.
That is great if that is what it is but why isn't SSR going on record and saying that? Giving us the honest facts are certainly better than getting a bunch of hype don't you agree?

I along with a lot of others on this board are waiting for a turbo set up and we all have seen the hit and run tactics by many vendors. "we have a turbo.....it'll be out next week.......etc.etc.etc....." I think we all would just appreciate some hard and true facts.

There is another thread that addresses this and here is a quote from that thread. I agree with this quote:

Look there is a TT out... (April fools!) It's like everytime I look on this board another half-*** want-to-be company wants to make a TT for the Z. But yet there are NONE that really exist!

WTF? Makes we want to

So will someone who knows something about a real company with a real timeline please ****ing stand up?
Old 10-20-2003, 06:06 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by jak
That is great if that is what it is but why isn't SSR going on record and saying that? Giving us the honest facts are certainly better than getting a bunch of hype don't you agree?
WTF? Makes we want to [/I]
These guys are about as non-committal as you can get. Just look at the thread in which they were trying to get some poor sap to donate his car to them.

If they have a real TT kit for sale at the show or shortly after, it will be a miracle.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:07 PM
little_rod

Yeah, I agree jak, I wish the manufactor would be upfront with this. But you also have to see, everytime a manufactor mentions this, they get flamed on this site. Seen it happen. What we have to realize is that now that a lot of research has been done on the engine, that a secondary manufactor can come in a use it at a cheaper price for us. Everyone will feel differently about this, but you don't have to have the inventor/innovator who has done all the testing and such.

Heck, one of these kits will probably be just as good, with a discount to the consumer.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:16 PM
jak

little_rod,

Hopefully after sema a lot of these questions will get answered. It would be great if a lower cost turbo kit would become available.
I for one would be very interested.

Jeff
Old 10-20-2003, 07:39 PM
neo

There is another thread that addresses this and here is a quote from that thread. I agree with this quote:

[I]Look there is a TT out... (April fools!) It's like everytime I look on this board another half-*** want-to-be company wants to make a TT for the Z. But yet there are NONE that really exist!

WTF? Makes we want to

So will someone who knows something about a real company with a real timeline please ****ing stand up?

I don't post alot here, why? Because I really don't have much if anything to contribute...

Guess I'm not the only one tried of all the BS in relation to making a TT for the Z.

Glad I made at least 1 usefull post
Old 10-21-2003, 07:50 AM
99AllTurbo

We are just presenting the kit then. There won't be any WHP results until 2-3 Weeks after the SEMA Debut, Quarter Mile testing will be up to the customer.
I didn't think SSR would have the TT kit ready to the public, but I wanted them to be specific about what their purpose would be at SEMA. It's "just to present the kit".

Thanks for answering my question.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:02 PM
etx

This is the kit that comes with the *pretuned super magic black fuel computer*. Don't get me wrong, If the kit is a decent price ill pick one up. I am already looking into doing a custom job over the winter. I would probably scrap whatever fuel system it comes with, I don't trust 99% of these kits fuel systems. I have been talking to a local fabrication shop and they quoted me a grand to create the manifolds. In which case I would just need an IC, the turbos and to create all the piping. Then install my fuel system.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:29 PM
little_rod

Well, SSR, am I correct in my assumption??
Old 10-21-2003, 03:27 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by etx
This is the kit that comes with the *pretuned super magic black fuel computer*. Don't get me wrong, If the kit is a decent price ill pick one up. I am already looking into doing a custom job over the winter. I would probably scrap whatever fuel system it comes with, I don't trust 99% of these kits fuel systems. I have been talking to a local fabrication shop and they quoted me a grand to create the manifolds. In which case I would just need an IC, the turbos and to create all the piping. Then install my fuel system.
etx, there is a ton of ways to make a manifold, next time you talk to them ask them how they weld, (mig or tig) is the manifold constructed from 304SS and is it back purged (welding process). What kind of filler do they use?

just because someone says 1000$ for manifolds, well necessairly doesen't mean they are good and will function properly. Our manifolds are fully tig welded and back purged inside and out. Then finished by hand polshing for ultimate flow.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:15 AM
little_rod

Hey SSR, still wondering if I am correct on this??
Old 10-22-2003, 03:41 PM
SSR Engineering

Well we will be doing the dyno and tuning, not the customer.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:37 AM
little_rod

Well, if the kit is sold to someone outside your area, the tuning would have to be done by the installer in their area, correct??
Old 10-23-2003, 11:42 AM
etx

etx, there is a ton of ways to make a manifold, next time you talk to them ask them how they weld, (mig or tig) is the manifold constructed from 304SS and is it back purged (welding process). What kind of filler do they use?

just because someone says 1000$ for manifolds, well necessairly doesen't mean they are good and will function properly. Our manifolds are fully tig welded and back purged inside and out. Then finished by hand polshing for ultimate flow.
This is one of the best speed shops in Detroit. they know what they are doing. They built the manifold for my eclipse, and its ultra sexy.

I'm not downing on your product. But this subject has been exausted and I don't think any of us want to see any more talking about it. We want to see a product, a product that works.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:40 PM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What ever happened with this kit, did it ever show up at Sema?
Old 11-27-2003, 07:43 PM
rouxeny

Who was the mystery member?
Old 11-29-2003, 03:15 PM
G35SC T.T.

im the mystery member. the car is a g35 coupe w/auto, car should be done by the 15th of dec im hopeing.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:20 AM
Mr Twisted

Originally posted by G35SC T.T.
im the mystery member. the car is a g35 coupe w/auto, car should be done by the 15th of dec im hopeing.
Is the work on your car done yet. Any #s I might be there next with a Z. How do you like it? PM or post responce. Thanks Do,nt remember see your car at Sema.

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 12-14-2003 at 11:24 AM.