Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Big boost?.. Was it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Buying a 1000hp motor and having it fail at half that really sux... But then it all depends in who built it like Tom said ^.. I mean didn't Alberto get his motor from forged? That was rated at xxx hp and it failed way b4 those limits ?( I could be wrong I forget ) I'm affraid to built mine cause I'm always gonna want more , but you gotta pay to play right lol
Old 03-17-2010, 09:15 AM
BoostedG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
I have all the parts and I'm really debating whether I'm going to do it. I mean do the boosted dude's ever sit back and say.."damn I wish I didnt".

In case your wondering I have:

Greddy Tuner Kit
AAM Stg 1
Utec
Walbro 255
Koyo Radiator
Stillen Oil cooler
DW 550's for now... bigger depending on the boost.

I was looking at the Forged Performance Block and looking for 600whp. I searched the forum and really just saw different set ups, disasters, or which kit to get. I'm actually only looking for feeback from boosted guys... Thanks for your time.
My opinion is if you have the money and a second car for those times when you get a fuel leak or your car goes into limp mode because of a sensor. Then go for it. I am going on 4 years with my built 500whp 04 G35 and I have only had a fuel rail issue and a sensor problem. Which cost several grand to fix. but I drive the car daily. Push it when I can and I have learned to live with my grabby clutch in stop and go traffic. But you should factor in a BBK and suspension mods if you like the twisties because the burning brake smell and longer stopping distances gets old really fast.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:40 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
Buying a 1000hp motor and having it fail at half that really sux... But then it all depends in who built it like Tom said ^.. I mean didn't Alberto get his motor from forged? That was rated at xxx hp and it failed way b4 those limits ?( I could be wrong I forget ) I'm affraid to built mine cause I'm always gonna want more , but you gotta pay to play right lol
Like Chris and Tom has said.... You have to use the right parts installed my a shop that will stand behind their work....I totally agree... But even after all that ... Things can still go wrong... Either by the fault of the shop or car owner....

I also thing Tom is saying that when things go wrong ... The entire story is not told... Either by the shop or car owner... Did the shop do something wrong... Or did the car owner drive the **** out of the car before it failed!!

I saw a guy once at Firebird raceway in AZ in the summer in 100+ degree weather driving a WRX fully built setup ... Running it at 80% boost around the road course. The turbo or motor gave out... Not sure which one at the time. I am sure he will not give the full story to the shop. I am sure this happens in our platform.... But all we hear is the motor went out in MOST CASES.

I am sure most of you remember the 3rd Gen RX7.... Mazda lost their assas on those cars because people would just add a boost control and fry the motor... Then remove the devise and take it to the dealer. But all you hear is "the motor sucks".... Not the full story.

Alberto I feel just had a run of bad luck...some say it's because of bad sleeve install. I think his car is up and running again Forged installed the motor...I think it was built by GTM.... There is a guy on here name Luie who owned a Z with a Forged Performance motor.... Luie tried to blow the motor... Even MrS tried to blow the motor... But it did not blow...Raj raced his FP car with the oil filter blown off... And the motor to this date is good. My point is .. Who knows!!... All we can do to help the community is to tell the entire story no matter who built your car.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

and look I get a forged motor and it misfires all the hell. I blame Forged.

HAHAH j/k
Old 03-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedG
My opinion is if you have the money and a second car for those times when you get a fuel leak or your car goes into limp mode because of a sensor. Then go for it. I am going on 4 years with my built 500whp 04 G35 and I have only had a fuel rail issue and a sensor problem. Which cost several grand to fix. but I drive the car daily. Push it when I can and I have learned to live with my grabby clutch in stop and go traffic. But you should factor in a BBK and suspension mods if you like the twisties because the burning brake smell and longer stopping distances gets old really fast.
I only listed the parts I have yet to put on the car. I have an Eibach coilover kit and a Akebono BBK with stainless lines. I also have a Fujitsubo Catback with a Fujitsubo Y-pipe.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by str8dum1
and look I get a forged motor and it misfires all the hell. I blame Forged.

HAHAH j/k
Lol