Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Possible OBD Emissions Cheat

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:07 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris i am going to have to report you unless i get some........................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ..............free bagels...delivered.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
zman1982

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PA sucks, it's funny how running test pipes is such a crime here. But yet every f***in redneck in this state can run deisels with open stacks blowin black smoke like a damn train engine and thats okay. The green police can eat a d**k.
The following users liked this post:
Atreyu'z 350 (01-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never heard of mileage exemption here in NC. nothing you part out or sell on here will be worth anything if anyone remembers this thread. the wheels, exhaust, brakes or whatever you sell with 'only 8K miles on them' will instantly be considered a lie even if its true.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

and it'd be just as easy to wire a switch in the power line or IGN line for the speedo. if you cut the power off to it, it wont record. at least not on late model GMs, im assuming its the same
Old 03-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
and it'd be just as easy to wire a switch in the power line or IGN line for the speedo. if you cut the power off to it, it wont record. at least not on late model GMs, im assuming its the same
Already had two people look into that and was told it was not possible.

nothing you part out or sell on here will be worth anything if anyone remembers this thread. the wheels, exhaust, brakes or whatever you sell with 'only 8K miles on them' will instantly be considered a lie even if its true
Like I give a f*** about resale on anything . If/when a part-out does ever happen, there will be plenty of items to sell that many will want. In regards to the motor and turbos, I would have them gone through by a reputable shop and inspected to be free of defects and would expect that my rep as an honest person on this forum would have some weight. If not, the car was always a toy/money pit anyhow and I would consider the money lost as being similar to a bad weekend in Vegas.

Oh, and wheels or brakes being valued by milage is laughable.... have you ever been in the classifieds? Brand name, condition, price and locality are the motivating factors. Either way, I will cross you off my list of potential buyers for any future sale.

Just for the record my stock odo has ~28k on it and the new one has 37,400mi, that way people can do the math on the "true" milage
Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Chris i am going to have to report you unless i get some....................free bagels...delivered.
My delivery guy is in Baltimore every morning before 5am and out to Johns Hopkins Univ as well. Be waiting on the shoulder on 83N and I'll have him drop you off a bag full . I put another local competitor out of business last month and am going to meet with his landlord to see about taking over his operation. It could be a good opportunity, but I'm just not sure I feel like working this summer.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:24 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
I believe cam sensor codes can just be disabled without causing any problems. Did you try this?
No I havent. Disabled how?
Old 03-30-2010, 04:25 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Cass007
My delivery guy is in Baltimore every morning before 5am and out to Johns Hopkins Univ as well.
Oh snap, I live 10 mins outside Bmore, hook me up!

<----loves Bagels
Old 03-30-2010, 04:45 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really wish they would put a mileage limit on smog crap, that alone makes the whole thing seem once again like its nothing but about the $$$$

My parents have a early 90s toyota pickup that gets driven less then my 350Z so that means under 500 miles a year. that has to get tested. My Z gets puts out maybe the same amount of smog in a year then most cars do in a week... yup gotta get tested. even if it never leaves the garage once. Still has to get tested.

I can't wait to get my bike smog tested. It's coming... sooner or later. CAs been pushing it, and it will just trickle down, just think how much more money MD could make if every bike owner paid $14.00 every 2 years?
Old 03-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
No I havent. Disabled how?
Via reflash. Are you flashed?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:32 AM
go-fast
Banned

beware of lurking........
Attached Thumbnails Possible OBD Emissions Cheat-tree-hugging-hippies.jpg  
Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

inspection is all the reason i am still supercharged and have my current setup with no check engine lights or anything of that sort, i know cass remembers me finding out all details before boosting my car. All i have to worry about is a visual inspection but thats not a problem for me...for the record u cant just shut codes off and pass the obd scan it is a pending code, and u cant just unhook your battery or clear the code and drive over and get inspected, it has to go through a whole drive cycle before you can inspect it without the code coming back..I heard the other day that ny state is going to do away with the obd scan that they do now for 95 and newer vehicles and go back to the older inspection before they started doing the scan because the state is losing too much money over it and it is such a problem for people. I heard it was only a seven year program and that it is not going to be re-newed...Dont quote me on this, just something i have heard and not sure if thats the same for other states...

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-30-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Via reflash. Are you flashed?
Techno flash for speed limiter removal.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 AM
F34RL355
Banned

cant you just find someone pay him 150$ and get it signed off? networking is your friend in life.....
Old 03-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by F34RL355
cant you just find someone pay him 150$ and get it signed off? networking is your friend in life.....
Did you bother to read any of the posts in the thread?

Tyler, I remember your decision process in detail and I know you get what I am saying. Plugging into a hard wired CPU that connects to the state's data base is almost impossible to defeat. In PA they state tracks the codes and allows a one time pass if you spend over ~$300 on an attempt to fix the issue, but if the same code comes up the next year you are SOL and must fix the code. As the car gets older the state may allow pending codes or CELs, but of last year PA had a zero CEL policy for my '05.

I am flashed with the Uprev flash to turn off some CELs, remove the speed limiter and raise the redline I believe. This has zero effect on emissions in my experience as the codes just read pending and that = FAIL.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Driven1
Professional

What about saying its garaged out of state?

In VA all I did was say it was garaged at another property of ours, which happens to be in a county that doesn't require emissions.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Driven1
What about saying its garaged out of state?

In VA all I did was say it was garaged at another property of ours, which happens to be in a county that doesn't require emissions.
- I will look into this, but PA will require the inspection/emissions and I could title it in FL, but I will pay more in insurance. I'm just looking for the most simple solution for my situation and thought I had found it and would share it with other F/I members that are dealing with OBD emissions testing.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Oh, and wheels or brakes being valued by milage is laughable.... have you ever been in the classifieds? Brand name, condition, price and locality are the motivating factors. Either way, I will cross you off my list of potential buyers for any future sale.
no, as a vendor, ive never been in the classifieds
wheels tend to have tires on them. mileage wears out tires. derrr. mileage on wheels = wear and year, also if a wheel has 30K miles on it or 2K, but they look the exact same condition-wise, the finish is obviously going to give out sooner on the 30K wheels.

itd be much easier just to sell the car as is than pull motors and trannys to part. and crossing me off is rather dumb since money talks.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

My delivery guy is in Baltimore every morning before 5am and out to Johns Hopkins Univ as well. Be waiting on the shoulder on 83N and I'll have him drop you off a bag full . I put another local competitor out of business last month and am going to meet with his landlord to see about taking over his operation. It could be a good opportunity, but I'm just not sure I feel like working this summer.
Ill be there thursday morning...............*** no im sleeping in as its my day off....but if he sees a red g35 sitting there i want my bagels.