Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Dream Works Racing SST Aqua Cooled Super Charger

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 04:03 PM
G3po

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DW question ,12psi?

WRT to the 12psi max on the DW setup. I understand that internals such as forged rod, pistons etc would be needed for a reliable setup. But will the default ECU tuning and fuel capacity ngement support this added level of boost "out of the box". Basically once the internals are upgraded, would all one need to do is reduce the pulley? Will the default tune have the extra headroom to compensate?

For example I have a KenneBelle setup on my truck, and all I need to do to increase the boost is change the pulley. I can go from 6 to 12 psi in <15 minutes and A/F ratios will track. Will this be true with the DW system?
Old 11-13-2003, 04:10 PM
CaLiFoRnIaZ

Default nice ?

nice ?................I like it! Very nice question sir.............I like it when peeps look further than whats in there face...........Yes.........I am working on this with my wife.....
Attached Thumbnails Dream Works Racing SST Aqua Cooled Super Charger-collage4.jpg  
Old 11-13-2003, 04:17 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

G3po:

I pasted your question and sent it to nick @ DW. Hopefully i can get you an answer by tomorrow.

Jeff - zland
Old 11-14-2003, 06:24 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This picture from Autospies.com is from the Prodrive booth at SEMA where, among others, they featured a highly customized Infiniti FX35 (bear with me here). The interesting thing is the "twin intercooled supercharger" unit they use that you can also see on a stand in this shot. Looks amazingly similar to the prototype shots of the Dream Workes unit, doesn't it?

http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/medium/IMG_2898.JPG

here are some excerpts from the press release:

Prodrive USA, the North American division of the world's leading independent motorsport company Prodrive, announces the entree of Prodrive 360 degree Performance products in the SUV category with the unveiling of its Prodrive FX-R Concept Car for the Infiniti FX-35.

Prodrive is working with Infiniti to deliver even more performance and handling...

The Prodrive FX-R Concept Car includes the following 360 degree Performance products: suspension system, new GC series 20" wheels, brakes, aerodynamic body kit, and the Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP), which includes a twin-intercooled supercharger, high-flow exhaust system, and an upgraded engine control unit (ECU).

To find out more, call Prodrive at 949-757-1799, or visit prodrive-usa.com.
Comments?
Old 11-14-2003, 06:47 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see that fitting under the strut bar. Heck, I don't think the hood is even going to close. I does look similar though. Maybe is is the same concept but a larger version.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:35 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possible. The front section does look more squared of as opposed to the tapered design of the Dream Workes unit. The other pictures they have showed an aftermarket hood on the FX as well; likely for clearance. If that's the case, I'm crossing it off my list.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:44 AM
jimster716

That Prodrive units looks so amazingly similar. The only difference is the Prodrive unit has the air intake coming in from the rear of the unit which probably indicates that there are no clearance issues under the hood.

I think that is the bypass valve in the rear of the left upper intake collector which mirrors the DW design.

Another pic of the Prodrive unit for the FX35

Last edited by jimster716; 11-14-2003 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:17 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Re: DW question ,12psi?

Originally posted by G3po
WRT to the 12psi max on the DW setup. I understand that internals such as forged rod, pistons etc would be needed for a reliable setup. But will the default ECU tuning and fuel capacity ngement support this added level of boost "out of the box". Basically once the internals are upgraded, would all one need to do is reduce the pulley? Will the default tune have the extra headroom to compensate?

For example I have a KenneBelle setup on my truck, and all I need to do to increase the boost is change the pulley. I can go from 6 to 12 psi in <15 minutes and A/F ratios will track. Will this be true with the DW system?
G3po:

Here is your answer from Nick @ DW:

Jeff:
We can have the A / F mixture compensate for the increased boost, however we may require the ECU to be upgraded by us only because of the warrantee issue that may arise when someone blows the engine then changes the pulley back for service. This will be decided in the near future.

Nick
Old 11-14-2003, 01:53 PM
G3po

Default 12psi

So, what I gather then is that yes at least the fuel management (ie injectors , fuel rail) will be adequate. Maybe you could offer a "tuner-version" which allows ECU boost traking with only a warranty on the blower and componets only?
Old 11-14-2003, 02:15 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

G3po:

I dont know the specifics completely. Some things I know I am being asked not to mention yet. Bottom line is we will all know soon if they do what they think they can do which is have this product to market by January 2004 with warranty and CARB approved.

I think you will see maybe 3 levels of this kit with a complete warranty on drive train on level one @ 400hp at crank, level 2 more hp/less or no warranty, and level 3, might be what I got posted on their website that I pasted below:

"Now for the enthusiast seeking the highest performance street legal automobiles available, Dream Workes Racing is building 25 350Z super cars and 20 Sentra SER Spec V super cars for 2003 with performance figures that will be proven in up-coming issues of national performance magazines when such magazines will do the testing/photo shoot. We can only say that the 350 Z will have upwards of 550hp and the Sentra SER Spec V approximately 400 with handling and braking to harness such power. The super car runs will carry special name plates as well as a owner registered VIN number".

Last edited by zland; 11-14-2003 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:36 PM
damen

do we have any true pics of this kit on a car? even if it's not a Z or G. has this company done any kits on any other cars that we can at least see how the kit sits in the car?
Old 11-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Edretti

I must say thus far I am impressed and had just about made up my mind that I was going with the vortech. I think I may have to reconsider once we get more info. I like it.
Old 11-15-2003, 06:19 PM
CaLiFoRnIaZ

Default with ya

i am with you!
Attached Thumbnails Dream Works Racing SST Aqua Cooled Super Charger-collage4.jpg  
Old 11-18-2003, 06:47 AM
g356gear

Originally posted by zland
I got your answer for you. Here is what Nick at DW e-mailed me below:

Jeff.
At this time we have our own up-grade with fuel management so as we can reprogram the ECU for stages 1, 2 and 3. So yes the SC can be removed and the ECU can go back to stock.
Nick

Note above that he mentioned ECU for stages 1,2, & 3? So if you are wondering if this kit will only be able to put out 400 crank hp, this might be a hint of things to come.

Jeff
So this IS a piggy back system that comes pre-programmed for the level of kit you have purchased???? ( levels 1,2, or 3) and is not a factory re-flashed ecu that comes with the kit.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:49 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by g356gear
So this IS a piggy back system that comes pre-programmed for the level of kit you have purchased???? ( levels 1,2, or 3) and is not a factory re-flashed ecu that comes with the kit.
Pasted your question and e-mailed it to Nick @ DW. When he responds, I will post it.

Jeff - zland
Old 11-18-2003, 09:48 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by g356gear
Here is Nick's reply to your post:

Jeff:
We are working with both types of ECU upgrades. Dream Workes at this time has both systems working. Our decision has not been made as to which of the two upgrades will be released. This is because of our extended warranty as well as other factors.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:09 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Everyone: I pasted this from my last e-mail from Nick. the good part is Nick said it is ok to give you guys his phone number so you can call him and ask all the questions you like now. Here is what he wrote me:

Jeff:
I understand the reason for concern with all SC kits. This is why we spent fifteen months in R & D. When our kits hit the market they will work!!!
I can't sell something to a customer that I wouldn't use myself. We will be road racing our 350Z Speed World Challenge GT car in 2004{with FI}. We know the amounts of stress that are placed on the engine internals and the only way to bullet-proof the motor is with spot on tuning. This applies more so to road cars without internal modifications. We have done so and only time will prove this fact. I am looking forward to a long friendship with all forum buddies. They may also feel free to call me at my office. I always have time for questions. 718-792-0993 9am - 6pm EST.

Nick Vitucci
VP Marketing

Old 11-19-2003, 10:34 AM
D_Nyholm

I just wanted to chime in here and keep this post up top. Looks very promising. Now just to decide between this and the Vortech!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:51 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by D_Nyholm
I just wanted to chime in here and keep this post up top. Looks very promising. Now just to decide between this and the Vortech!!!
This is the question I am wresling with as well.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:01 AM
DreamWorkesRacing

All of us car enthusiasts have little patience for waiting. Dream Workes could have easily been to market months ago. However, our goals are different. We wait, you wait and the product is the best it can be, right out of the box. We don’t chase paper {money} then redesign products, we design them right the first time. The only fast products that will come from us are your cars.
Any questions feel free to call me. Nick Vitucci 718-792-0993

Quick Reply: Dream Works Racing SST Aqua Cooled Super Charger