Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Technical Notice To 350z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003 | 10:38 PM
AmyCroft

Default No I Don't Think I will Buy ATI

No I Don't Think I will Buy ATI

Although there are Associates that have running ATI Pro Chargers

I will not buy from a company that is so lame.

My purchase of ATI is canceled.

Perhaps if ATI had a better upbringing and schooling, they could have handled this in an approriate way.

IF they only back what they do, and don't back what they don't do
and engines are failing only when the Device is ATI Procharger for the 350Z.

It is quite apparent/

Cheers Amy -
Old 12-25-2003 | 01:18 AM
Black LS1 T/A

Default Re: No I Don't Think I will Buy ATI

Originally posted by AmyCroft

<snip>

IF they only back what they do, and don't back what they don't do
and engines are failing only when the Device is ATI Procharger for the 350Z.

It is quite apparent/

Cheers Amy -
No it's not. You folk will see down the line.

Don't buy it if you are not sure. But, I know ATI backs what they do. I've experienced that since August 2001. That's over two years.

Already someone mentioned one person installed some plenum before their engine blew. Others are mod'ing their cars (beyond the SC) without making arrangements for custom tuning. Still others drive boosted without a fuel pressure gauge and boost gauge. Others won't even follow the simple advice to use copper plugs when they put the supercharger on.

When a car is supercharged, things like fuel delivery, proper tuning and monitoring, even on an otherwise stock vehicle, are important.

And based on the way people attack others here (I don't mean differing opinions, I mean name calling and allusions to one's character), I don't see how they expect to get but minimal cooperation from anyone.

Why don't you read some of the discussion that has been going on lately and you may understand a little more what some of the issues may be.
Old 12-25-2003 | 04:52 AM
350Zzzz
Professional
Premier Member

Black LS1 T/A you couldn't have said it better, the unecessary attacks, and dung that's being flung at each other; over simple difference of opinions.

I and quite a few members on this board have ATI SC and we don't have major issues. Granted that ATI needs to come up with better alternatives in place of the current FMU. I had mine quit on me only after 1000 miles. Felt it every time I acclerated to 2500 RPM, then I gave it a few more test runs, and finally removed the cog belt and drove back all the way back from Maine.
Called up tech support the minute I got the chance, and got 3 different responses. Two, even insisted that it was a tuning problem, even after informing them that the boost lights were not coming on at all. Finally, I got customer service to send me a replacement, and I was charged for the $500 and the overnight freight.

Wrote a letter to management and never got a reply. It may not just be with ATI, but from my personal experience, ATI needs to be more responsive with their customers. On the same token, it is difficult to do that at this community, as everyone is screaming on top of each other, the second the response is not what they want to hear.

It is frustrating, blowing a motor, but we need to get some kind of discipline going in here to work out the creases.

There are, without a doubt many precautionary issues that we all need to consider not just drop in a timing retard controller and expect every thing to be hunky-dory.

Our engines have very high compression ratios and it only adds to higher temperatures. Detonation is usually caused by excessively high temperatures within the combustion chamber; the high temperature causes the fuel to self-ignite before the spark plug fires. Detonation can also be caused by timing that is too far advanced.

I want to know how to keep my engine healthy and at peak power; and not having to spend my time flinging mud.

Merry Christmas people.

G
Old 12-25-2003 | 06:44 AM
ravaz

It's real funny that you all are saying ATI is not responsive to their customers, why because they don't post left and right on this board?. Since DAY 1, ATI has treated me right, with advice, and anything I needed. They have gone out of their way to help me, and give me advice, on their dime. Maybe if people weren't such d*cks all the time, it would be a different story, but I do not blame them for not assisting everyone when they get bashed left and right. Take this how you want, this is my opinion. Maybe some people on this board need an attitude change and cut the whining. Happy holidays
Old 12-25-2003 | 06:45 AM
12SecZ

You could have invested that 500 in tuner kit stuff like I did, ECU reflash the timing and fuel maps, repulse larger injectors (380cc') and a 280L SARD Fuel Pump. I then removed the FMU completely. Anyway, that is my setup for the record and I no longer use the DFMU just so people know. But 90 % of people are using it sucessfully so I guess both ways can work!

Merry Christmas. Time to go treat the family! Have a good day everyone!

P.S. Bill did someone **** in your Cheerios this morning lol????

Last edited by 12SecZ; 12-25-2003 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-25-2003 | 06:55 AM
Black LS1 T/A

Theoretically the FMU is supposed to be ok for the base kit, but I saw a few people have problems with it and I went the injector/pump/tuning route. If the FMU was indeed defective, though, every guy who said they sent it in got it replaced under warranty.
Old 12-25-2003 | 07:31 AM
ravaz

No, but somebuddy did **** in my waffles today!
Old 12-25-2003 | 12:38 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

I have to say my original vendor has been pretty good in all of this.......Altered Atmosphere Motorsports has treated me GREAT!.......i've had great service with Mike, and he's really gone the extra mile to do everything he can to help.......maybe he can help ATI learn a little bit about their customer service

Happy Holidays everybody
Old 12-25-2003 | 06:16 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
I have to say my original vendor has been pretty good in all of this.......Altered Atmosphere Motorsports has treated me GREAT!.......i've had great service with Mike, and he's really gone the extra mile to do everything he can to help.......maybe he can help ATI learn a little bit about their customer service

Happy Holidays everybody
WOW...Another complete 180....
Old 12-25-2003 | 06:36 PM
12SecZ

Ditto for my satisifaction with Mike at Altered Atmosphere!

Straight Shooter, need a complete kit and the guages to go with it? Can't beat the price!
Old 12-25-2003 | 06:42 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Ditto for my satisifaction with Mike at Altered Atmosphere!

Straight Shooter, need a complete kit and the guages to go with it? Can't beat the price!
WOW!!!Thats a 360+a 180 from MAX!!!
Old 12-25-2003 | 06:49 PM
12SecZ

I never had beef with Mike, my kit was dropp shipped for 4600.00 and he has followed up with me as late as last week.

I just flung my anger around at first but all he did is sell the kit and guages, he stood behind the sale too.

In more ways than one but I reccommend him as a Vendor for your needs and I wouldn't do that if he didn't stand behind his sales, he does, including tech support.

Yeah Mike is good people!
Old 12-25-2003 | 08:57 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by daking350
WOW...Another complete 180....
Thats right bro.....this is my new "rose-colored glasses" perspective.....people don't wanna hear about negative stuff, so i won't be posting any

Its still a little tough for me to say anything nice about ATI, but Mike went out of his way to contact me and discuss the issues with my kit......ATI is still on my sh*tlist, but Mike's a good guy in my book.......he made an effort, ATI hasn't..........heck, dude even sent me a Christmas email.......thats just plain good customer relations!
Old 12-26-2003 | 04:23 AM
Black LS1 T/A

Thats right bro.....this is my new "rose-colored glasses" perspective.....people don't wanna hear about negative stuff, so i won't be posting any

Its still a little tough for me to say anything nice about ATI, but Mike went out of his way to contact me and discuss the issues with my kit......ATI is still on my sh*tlist, but Mike's a good guy in my book.......he made an effort, ATI hasn't..........heck, dude even sent me a Christmas email.......thats just plain good customer relations!
You've got me curious. I think I will call ATI and ask why they treat you so shabbily when I've never had that experience. Who did you talk to?
Old 12-26-2003 | 05:58 AM
daking350
Banned

Well I am still waiting for mike to contact me in regards to this "FIX" so I will make my own opinions on his as they develop..As for posting all your negativity about ATI.....Did your fingers fall off from typing..lol
Old 12-26-2003 | 10:44 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by Black LS1 T/A
You've got me curious. I think I will call ATI and ask why they treat you so shabbily when I've never had that experience. Who did you talk to?
Well, the first time i spoke to them, i spoke to the tech department.....i asked him about the detonation......the tech told me that in their test cars everything worked fine at WOT......this seemed strange to me since all the tuning needs to be done with the pedal before WOT.....after that i decided to do all of my correspondence through email

two useless dyno tunes later, and the WOT answer above, i told them i was done, and that i just wanted to return their kit to them, and they could give me a refund.......they said that all returns need to be done through my original vendor.......so i contacted him, Mike@Altered, and he relayed messsages for us for a while.......in the end, their final answer was relayed to me from him.....it was, that they don't want the kit back, and that i should try to sell it on Ebay

i tried asking them what a normal range of fuel pressure would be at the tandem fuel pump "tee" adapter......that was like pulling teeth.......after being persistent, i got an answer like 3 emails later

i went through a very lengthy Q&A session via email......the guy was asking me the usual stuff......how's my plugs?.....how's my gas?......how's my AF?.......how's my MAF?.......how's my wiring?......how's my hoses?.....etc, etc.........the last questions were before Thanksgiving......he wanted me to get a Fuel Pressure test.......i've gotten a little sick of this thing nickel-and-diming me to death, and my AF's looked pretty good, so i asked him if my fuel pressure test turned up normal, if they would be willing to pay for it......i never heard back via email after that

since i was getting nowhere with any of this, i contacted the BBB about the faulty kit (which now seems to be confirmed by ATI at about a 10% failure rate)........this guy, Cary Pangrac, their Sales Director wrote a ridiculous letter as their response.......it claimed that they had no problems with any kits, that i had modified my car, modified my kit, and used the kit "in a manner for which it was never intended"........all straight-up lies!.......so thats the only real name i have to give you.......all of their other emails are signed "Regards, ATI"

UPDATE: Black LS1 T/A, have you been able to find out anthing from ATI yet?.....i found this very interesting thread on a domestics forum:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...hreadid=329642

the similarities are almost eerie.....

Last edited by elektrik_juggernaut; 12-31-2003 at 04:32 AM.
Old 12-31-2003 | 06:15 AM
12SecZ

bump for the new date, read the whole article, is this an epidimec or what? WTF? That's 3 BS letters now. At what point do you say, they need to take some customer service classes?
Old 01-12-2004 | 11:12 AM
12SecZ

I spoke with ATI today for 20 minutes about teeth numbers, boost levels and ordered some fun stuff. He was patient, had the manual and gave me page numbers to read etc. Overnighted my go fast parts to be here tomorow (then poof tomorow I am in LA, CA ) and would like to say he was a very pleasant, professional and knowledable man. Maybe they do read here because my call went well, I learned lots of stuff I am keeping for myself or new fata shataka movies, and knowI am on the right track with what I have done and what not to do. Max
Old 01-12-2004 | 04:49 PM
Black LS1 T/A

Originally posted by 12SecZ
I spoke with ATI today for 20 minutes about teeth numbers, boost levels and ordered some fun stuff. He was patient, had the manual and gave me page numbers to read etc. Overnighted my go fast parts to be here tomorow (then poof tomorow I am in LA, CA ) and would like to say he was a very pleasant, professional and knowledable man. Maybe they do read here because my call went well, I learned lots of stuff I am keeping for myself or new fata shataka movies, and knowI am on the right track with what I have done and what not to do. Max
This has been my experience with them for over two years.
Old 01-15-2004 | 04:42 AM
eagle

Question ATI Pro-Charger

mmmm I notice replies to your explanation aren't favourable, I guess the majority have suffered engine damage after Pro Charger installation.

Maybe you would care to comment on applications on UK Spec 350Z's.........I was seriously considering buying the complete kit until I read the comments below, and your apparent 'No Comment' approach to consumers queries.

Prove them all wrong, let me know about Pro-Charger applications on UK spec Z33's - Super Unleaded petrol (gasoline) over here can be as good as 97 RON.

Dying to hear from you, don't let this potential sale slip through your fingers.....lets have some real technical input .....PRE-sale !

Quick Reply: Technical Notice To 350z Owners