Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Momentum turbo kit RELEASED!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S&R Performance
are you familiar with the 350z engine bay? (jk bud) Not exactly many ways to run things. They all have very similar placement for a reason.

I've been in this business for a LOOOOONG time. I have NEVER seen a manufacturer be as in depth, as close with it's vendors and close to the end consumer like Momentum has. They came to the shop, they shook our hands, they showed us their product and we loved it. We're looking forward to doing a lot of business with them and building some great cars with their products.
LOL That's funny. Cuz the other single and twin turbo kits on the market for the 350Z/G35 don't look like knock offs or clones of each other.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 01-18-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:17 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Wink

are you familiar with the 350z engine bay? (jk bud) Not exactly many ways to run things. They all have very similar placement for a reason.
Yeah, but I think the issue has to do with the “you can’t compare this kit”, “no reason to consider any other kit”, etc. comments…

No denying it, the product’s damn similar to the PowerLab kit that was released 3 years ago; in terms of power gains my own results are damn similar too… I just don’t think they should make outrageous claims that wrongfully bash another comparable product, lol

And how many ways are there to make a Z/G single turbo kit? Well, in the past year Sasha/Boosted Performance released a new single turbo kit and Jtran Studios created a new single turbo setup as well, and they weren’t last to the party either…
Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thatv35guy
Yeah, but I think the issue has to do with the “you can’t compare this kit”, “no reason to consider any other kit”, etc. comments…
I see what you mean, there. Their kit, they can say what they want. We've been fortunate enough to test it, install it, dyno it and see if first hand and we LOVE it.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

No denying it, the product’s damn similar to the PowerLab kit that was released 3 years ago; in terms of power gains my own results are damn similar too… I just don’t think they should make outrageous claims that wrongfully bash another comparable product, lol

And how many ways are there to make a Z/G single turbo kit? Well, in the past year Sasha/Boosted Performance released a new single turbo kit and Jtran Studios created a new single turbo setup as well, and they weren’t last to the party either…
...And neither the BP or JTran setups look like each other or anything like a PL/Momentum style kit.

As the old saying goes... "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery."
Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 PM
thatv35guy

Cool

Originally Posted by russ@momentum
Our dealers are a direct representation of our company and the brand, however they are entitled to their own opinions and insights on our products as well as competitors.
And I have no problem with anyone expressing an opinion, but even opinions should have some factual basis… it’d be nice if they actually took some facts into account before they open their mouth and try and say something so matter-of-fact…

Just my opinion.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 PM
IslandZavage

I apologize to anyone feeling otherwise. We at Momentum Performance do not have this idea in our marketing plan nor will we ever. We respect every manufacturer in their efforts and applaud them for their work.

We are here to push forward the industry and we perceive competitor bashing as counterproductive in doing so.
Congrats on the kit. Its always good to see companies still interested in the VQ platform and making new products. Competition is always good for the cause and nothing wrong with improving on designs and making things better all around. Wish there was all these options when i 1st went FI..
Old 01-18-2011, 01:03 PM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

it’d be nice if they actually took some facts into account before they open their mouth and try and say something so matter-of-fact

We can dig it.

Last edited by S&R Performance; 01-18-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:26 PM
qqqqball

We can dig it.
what psi what this done at
Old 01-18-2011, 01:33 PM
thatv35guy

Wink

We can dig it.
And what precisely is that supposed to prove?

I guess this is where I’d raise you one and post a dyno of Intense’s green G35…but I’m not going to, because a) what would that really accomplish? and b) the PowerLab kit has been around for 3 years, everyone’s already seen what their car dyno’d at.

Also, I figured as a momentum deal you’d probably have already read their blog post but in case you missed it:

Different dynos make different horsepower numbers for the same given car. Our director of sales took one of our test vehicles to multiple shops and dynos and got varying results from 375 whp to 425 whp. We see the importance of a dyno as measuring performance gains as a result of modifications made.
Check out this blog on our website talking to more detail about this topic:
It's all about percentage gains
Old 01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

18-20psi would be my guess

Originally Posted by qqqqball
Old 01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
becket7913

12 psi

i'm the owner of the Z that S&R did the install for. before i went with momentum performance, i had the greddy TT. the greddy served me well for over 2 1/2 years and almost 40k miles. around 1 year ago, i started to burn oil (turbo seal). i waited as long as i could. with the cost of removing both turbos and repairing them, i felt it was time to look at other options around.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:56 PM
qqqqball

Originally Posted by becket7913
12 psi

i'm the owner of the Z that S&R did the install for. before i went with momentum performance, i had the greddy TT. the greddy served me well for over 2 1/2 years and almost 40k miles. around 1 year ago, i started to burn oil (turbo seal). i waited as long as i could. with the cost of removing both turbos and repairing them, i felt it was time to look at other options around.
was that on pump or c16 w/ or w/o meth, definitely in for the build specs, that blows the PL out of the water, on a high compression motor we got to 13psi, owner didnt want to push it, but only made 500rwhp
Old 01-18-2011, 04:14 PM
becket7913

93 octane. as for the build specs, S&R has to chime in on this one.

Last edited by becket7913; 01-18-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
mrkplatt

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
The TN kit's were absolute garbage in terms of quality and longevity which left a bad taste on many user's mouths.
You can say that again!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:29 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Thumbs down

We can dig it.
Can you dig us the dyno chart in regular scale??? That chart is so spread and skewed horizontally in relation to the vertical plane that it distorts the overall perception of the graph.

Since you've "been in this business for a LOOOOONG time", I'm sure you know that stretching a dyno graph horizontally is an OOOOOLD trick used by shops/tuners/manufacturers to make the powerband look thicker, make lag and/or drop offs less noticeable, and to make the power curve and/or tune look smoother than it really is.

I cringe every time I see a company resort to this tactic and shake my head every time I see somebody post such a dyno chart.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 01-18-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:07 AM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

it was only at 12psi, buddy.

was that on pump or c16 w/ or w/o meth, definitely in for the build specs, that blows the PL out of the water, on a high compression motor we got to 13psi, owner didnt want to push it, but only made 500rwhp
12psi and just straight pump gas. It's a forged internal build but std compression.

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Can you dig us the dyno chart in regular scale??? That chart is so spread and skewed horizontally in relation to the vertical plane that it distorts the overall perception of the graph.

Since you've "been in this business for a LOOOOONG time", I'm sure you know that stretching a dyno graph horizontally is an OOOOOLD trick used by shops/tuners/manufacturers to make the powerband look thicker, make lag and/or drop offs less noticeable, and to make the power curve and/or tune look smoother than it really is.

I cringe every time I see a company resort to this tactic and shake my head every time I see somebody post such a dyno chart.
you took my posting the graph entirely the wrong way. I was trying to show what it has already done for us. There is no attempt to skew or alter the appearance of the chart. That's the format that the Land and Sea dyno plots the chart. You can see the power curve, you can see when peak torque is hit and no matter how you etch a sketch it, the numbers don't change.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 AM
captj3

12.0 afr is pretty aggressive even with a built motor.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:11 AM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

And what precisely is that supposed to prove?
all that was supposed to mean is that we like the kit.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:41 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thats a ton better per psi than any curve from a PL kit. be interesting to see how a similar powered PL kits powerband compares.

12psi and just straight pump gas. It's a forged internal build but std compression.

Quick Reply: Momentum turbo kit RELEASED!