Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Total D's 18G build......Finally!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 07:17 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Total D
It'll still be a street car, when I decide to pull the trigger on what I want to do. Both options are great to be honest and both what I have been thinking about. Before any of this can happen though, I need to sell the Momentum kit.
And a large personal loan! LOL. I think the custom twin setup will cost way more than a BP kit with a large single but the spool might be a little better.

Look up stuff about hal's car with his gt42 on it. That would be a similar setup.

And 1k+ is rough on the street. I hope you mean street as in you can just drive it on the street and not trying to use 1k on the street....that gets ugly. I don't even run my 650 map on the street. 600 seems to be the turning point for traction and handling on a street surface (at least for me)
Old 11-09-2012, 10:57 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a setup that is not just making hot air at 1000whp is not very fun on the street. I think everyone wants to make 1000whp but have no idea what a setup capable of doing that feels like just driving around....
Old 11-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
And a large personal loan! LOL. I think the custom twin setup will cost way more than a BP kit with a large single but the spool might be a little better.

Look up stuff about hal's car with his gt42 on it. That would be a similar setup.

And 1k+ is rough on the street. I hope you mean street as in you can just drive it on the street and not trying to use 1k on the street....that gets ugly. I don't even run my 650 map on the street. 600 seems to be the turning point for traction and handling on a street surface (at least for me)
Haha that too!! Well if it was a custom setup, it would use the stock style manifolds. I have talked to Hal a few times, actually just go a few parts from him recently.

Yea but for what I do, it works . I agree anything over 600 is a turning point. I had a great time for the short time I drove my current setup. I'll be driving at around 650-700rwhp, and have it tuned for whatever I can make with the setup.

Originally Posted by str8dum1
a setup that is not just making hot air at 1000whp is not very fun on the street. I think everyone wants to make 1000whp but have no idea what a setup capable of doing that feels like just driving around....
I agree, I know it's not going to be a stop light to stop light car. There is a reason I want to go towards this route. It will be laggy, but I'm not trying to race everyone I see haha. I have been and drove my share of high power cars, so it will be nice to have a high power Z.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

There's a sound performance used kit in the classifieds. It's more than worth starting with that.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by Resmarted
There's a sound performance used kit in the classifieds. It's more than worth starting with that.

Yea I have had my eye on that, if my kit sold and it was still for sale, maybe that would be a great route to go. Need to Momentum kit gone haha.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:32 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

they just made 906whp on a single 6466 with just 264 cams on a 3.0L supra.

some ***** and a BP kit with a 6466 or a 6766 is my 20/20 hindsight
Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I think it will be hard to find somebody that will push these turbos to where they really shine...at 25+psi. I think the 6766 T4 1.32 a/r is the best candidate for somebody looking to really push the limits of these turbos. The VQ has the extra displacement, and the largest T4 housing for it is welcome.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Not on race gas, numbers in my sig are the current numbers. I looked at those and they look great. I have some time to think though. Goal is definitely to go over the 1krwhp mark. So we shall see.

Like where this is going
Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Total D

Well I can't get on Supraforums to check anything out, since the owner Dusty Womack won't let me have my screen name back, since I no longer work for MVP. It is what it is though. Some nice numbers for a supra though.

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
I think it will be hard to find somebody that will push these turbos to where they really shine...at 25+psi. I think the 6766 T4 1.32 a/r is the best candidate for somebody looking to really push the limits of these turbos. The VQ has the extra displacement, and the largest T4 housing for it is welcome.
My goal is 1k-1200rwhp....maybe more lol...I'm not scared to push the car, just haven't had the opportunity to do so with my current setup.

Originally Posted by graffkid732

Like where this is going
So do I my friend haha. How's your setup coming along?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 PM
graffkid732

Well I can't get on Supraforums to check anything out, since the owner Dusty Womack won't let me have my screen name back, since I no longer work for MVP. It is what it is though. Some nice numbers for a supra though.

My goal is 1k-1200rwhp....maybe more lol...I'm not scared to push the car, just haven't had the opportunity to do so with my current setup.

So do I my friend haha. How's your setup coming along?
Slower than I originally wanted, but I guess it's expected. Sucks but it is what it is. Should have the engine with in a month, feels like forever. But it will be complete from head to oil pan. I have been trying to research when I have free time. Between work and the hurricane, lately I haven't had time to myself. Otherwise the cage should be on schedule and during that time I plan to piece together an intake setup.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Total D

Slower than I originally wanted, but I guess it's expected. Sucks but it is what it is. Should have the engine with in a month, feels like forever. But it will be complete from head to oil pan. I have been trying to research when I have free time. Between work and the hurricane, lately I haven't had time to myself. Otherwise the cage should be on schedule and during that time I plan to piece together an intake setup.
Yea I hear ya man. It took me 3 years to do my 240/2jz before I parted ways with it. Titan doing all your work? I can't wait to see your swap done. Hypertune manifold for the intake is the way to go. Glad you came out of the storm ok.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If that is the goal, the SFR style TT kit may be the only way to go then. I would stay away from the cast style TT kits (assuming this is what you are looking at). A large single may be able to get you there as well...but nothing is proven there (yet).
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
If that is the goal, the SFR style TT kit may be the only way to go then. I would stay away from the cast style TT kits (assuming this is what you are looking at). A large single may be able to get you there as well...but nothing is proven there (yet).
Well with the large single, it comes to space. I know SFR and SP both have kits that use PT62-67mm twin setup. I had the GReddy setup and moved to the single, but now it's that time again and this time I want to push the Z. Be interesting to see if you put something on the market.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

christmas block leave im putting my new clutch in and turning the boost on the haltech back up to 32 psi, tax time ill send the 6765 off for the 66 exhuast wheel and mod the kit slightly to try and fit a qsv with the 1.32 ar since i get my choice.

even below that im really happy with my car, able to keep up with a procharged ls7 corvette with it running 15 psi and me at 20(mayby creeping up to 22) and a rediculous amount of wheel spin from me. need to upgrade tires soon.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 AM
binder

Ya, this summer I planned on pushing up to 36psi (efficiency range on this turbo) but I never had time to get on the dyno.

After graduation in april when I head back home I'll get it back on they dyno. 652hp at 6200 rpms with the clutch slipping horribly and only 20psi. I think 16 more psi will make this thing a beast.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Total D

Glad to see some of you guys ready to turn up the boost. Jeff what kind of number are you thinking can be made with your setup?

Jerry- I havent seen a lot of data about the QSV, i know a few companies that push it, but haven't enough results to say it works better than doing a twin scroll setup. Then again, I think BP is the only person that does this for our cars. I'd be interested to see how it works on your setup.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 PM
graffkid732

Yea I hear ya man. It took me 3 years to do my 240/2jz before I parted ways with it. Titan doing all your work? I can't wait to see your swap done. Hypertune manifold for the intake is the way to go. Glad you came out of the storm ok.
Titan is only doing the Block and Head assembly/work. Funny you say that, I am actually looking into the Hypertune manifold with 102mm Throttle body and their 6 or 12 injector rail as well ahah. We'll see, from what I am gathering it will be close to a $3,500-4,000 setup.

Same here man, had a tree come down which was on state property(live against the parkway) so they removed it. Took out the sheds, some of the fence, and some out door furniture. Luckily nothing major.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Exactly where i was/am. Minus the hurricane! lol.

Hoping to get my bish running or near running between thanksgiving and christmas. Wish I had more money for the car (go pro, valentine one, akebono kit, tune, suspension work all things I still need!) but I need a new laptop for school (this one's been converted to a desktop ever since demolished the screen last year).

OP, you worked for MVP? Nice! Just make a new account, fock it.

Seeing as you're going for huge hp, what kind of suspension mods are you planning on running?
I've been looking into a zero camber setup, but can't afford coils atm nor an spl midlink (damn 750 bucks ).
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Total D

Titan is only doing the Block and Head assembly/work. Funny you say that, I am actually looking into the Hypertune manifold with 102mm Throttle body and their 6 or 12 injector rail as well ahah. We'll see, from what I am gathering it will be close to a $3,500-4,000 setup.

Same here man, had a tree come down which was on state property(live against the parkway) so they removed it. Took out the sheds, some of the fence, and some out door furniture. Luckily nothing major.
Oh okay, I thought maybe they were doing more than that. That's a good route to go but like you said its a pretty penny for that setup. I wish they made something for the Z.

Glad it was nothing major. My family lost their house in Rita/Katina back home, so I know all about hurricanes. I hate them. every year when the season starts, all I can think is another year we are about to get .

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Exactly where i was/am. Minus the hurricane! lol.

Hoping to get my bish running or near running between thanksgiving and christmas. Wish I had more money for the car (go pro, valentine one, akebono kit, tune, suspension work all things I still need!) but I need a new laptop for school (this one's been converted to a desktop ever since demolished the screen last year).

OP, you worked for MVP? Nice! Just make a new account, fock it.

Seeing as you're going for huge hp, what kind of suspension mods are you planning on running?
I've been looking into a zero camber setup, but can't afford coils atm nor an spl midlink (damn 750 bucks ).
I hear ya man, ever time I turn around I need something else lol. Luckily military pays for school.

Yes sir I did, I still share a house with Chops. They have SF locked for new memberships, so can't just get back on.

I have KW clubsports . I got those when I got back from Iraq, I couldn't put my pennies to get them right now lol.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 AM
binder

Glad to see some of you guys ready to turn up the boost. Jeff what kind of number are you thinking can be made with your setup?

Jerry- I havent seen a lot of data about the QSV, i know a few companies that push it, but haven't enough results to say it works better than doing a twin scroll setup. Then again, I think BP is the only person that does this for our cars. I'd be interested to see how it works on your setup.
Well, when sasha extrapolated the data on the climb in HP from my dynos it was on track to be at 700hp or slightly above with just 20psi. I rev to 8000 and the clutch let go just after 6000 rpms so the power and tq dove right after that. So I had 2k more to pull power out. On the street with a new clutch it keeps pulling hard to 8k so I know i'm still making power past the 6200. I think with 16psi more it wouldn't be any trouble to break 800hp. I use an exhaust cutout right after the turbo for free flow as well as e85.

How were you a supra guy for 3 years and not know about QSV?! Google it and look at the countless dynos on the supra forums with them. Depending the power most spool near 1000 rpms sooner and the power is 50-100tq higher per rpm until peak. It was insane the difference.

Quick Reply: Total D's 18G build......Finally!!!!!!