Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Total D's 18G build......Finally!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A half fill of the block isn't going to support or reinforce the top half of the OEM cylinder sleeves. Whereas the Darton sleeves significantly reinforce the top half.

Also, if you're trying to beat SP's whp number, are you going with a CJM intake manifold and dry sump oil system to support high revs?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
A half fill of the block isn't going to support or reinforce the top half of the OEM cylinder sleeves. Whereas the Darton sleeves significantly reinforce the top half.

Also, if you're trying to beat SP's whp number, are you going with a CJM intake manifold and dry sump oil system to support high revs?
A dry sump is a great idea, especially when you add a single stage just to pump your turbo oil. But the cjm is definitely going to help you make the hp numbers, the runner length is immensely shorter.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
A dry sump is a great idea, especially when you add a single stage just to pump your turbo oil. But the cjm is definitely going to help you make the hp numbers, the runner length is immensely shorter.
Yeah, SP used the first version of CJM's intake manifold and revved out to 9K. So I believe the OP will need to do the same if he hopes to equal or better SP's results.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 13ino13
Holy Turbos.. I think I saw you this morning as I was leaving! Did you get a buzz cut? What's weird about that, is that just last night I came across this thread for the first time and read all 10 pages because I was curious what you've done to your car since that last time I saw you when I bought the SPL toe arms from you. When I saw the guy who I thought was you, I was like "No fu<king way, there's no way that he pops up the very next day after reading his build thread, after not having seen his username for over a year"
Yea that was me. I have been posting with this name, just here mainly, not all over the boards. How's your Z? PM your number, we'll have to link up. Glad this semester is almost over haha.

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

Yeap, I'll be using a CJM intake manifold. Haven't looked into a dry sump setup just yet man. As for the block, I'm leaving that to Don, he has a lot of experience in motors holding over 1200rwhp, and has worked with the VR/VQ motors quite a bit.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 AM
13ino13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait for it to be over man, I always start off the semesters with the utmost optimism, and end it with dreading resentment.
I've been mostly posting in wheel threads. Or I should say, I've been reading up on wheel and suspension threads. I hardly post.
MY Z is parked. I bought a daily driver so that I'd be able to do engine work and not worry about any down time.
I've been reading up on Sasha's R&D and wanted to trace his steps. I was looking at TB alternatives. Sasha has the Jenvy ITB, but it's designed for the bonnet hood, which I don't like for aesthetic reasons. So I came across the LS1 90mm TB (which he had on at some point), recent Cosworth plenum, SFR twin plenum, and lastly the CJM. And I see that in your sig and that's how I came across your thread.
I read in another post that someone had to move the engine down and back to make the CJM fit. I wouldn't want to have to do that either.
I might have missed it in past posts but why are you deciding to go with the CJM?
I love the $:HP ratio when it comes to FI, and for a while I wanted the momentum kit, but I can't and think that a NA engine will hold up longer. That's complete speculation and have no factual evidence to support it. I also speculate that a properly FI engine could hold up longevity so I guess my goals are still up in the air as far as my engine mods go.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Total D
Yea that was me. I have been posting with this name, just here mainly, not all over the boards. How's your Z? PM your number, we'll have to link up. Glad this semester is almost over haha.

Yeap, I'll be using a CJM intake manifold. Haven't looked into a dry sump setup just yet man. As for the block, I'm leaving that to Don, he has a lot of experience in motors holding over 1200rwhp, and has worked with the VR/VQ motors quite a bit.
Get a dry sump. With the right valvetrain and 288's you should make power out to 9k which will make the wait for VETAK much more worth it.

Originally Posted by 13ino13
I can't wait for it to be over man, I always start off the semesters with the utmost optimism, and end it with dreading resentment.
I've been mostly posting in wheel threads. Or I should say, I've been reading up on wheel and suspension threads. I hardly post.
MY Z is parked. I bought a daily driver so that I'd be able to do engine work and not worry about any down time.
I've been reading up on Sasha's R&D and wanted to trace his steps. I was looking at TB alternatives. Sasha has the Jenvy ITB, but it's designed for the bonnet hood, which I don't like for aesthetic reasons. So I came across the LS1 90mm TB (which he had on at some point), recent Cosworth plenum, SFR twin plenum, and lastly the CJM. And I see that in your sig and that's how I came across your thread.
I read in another post that someone had to move the engine down and back to make the CJM fit. I wouldn't want to have to do that either.
I might have missed it in past posts but why are you deciding to go with the CJM?
I love the $:HP ratio when it comes to FI, and for a while I wanted the momentum kit, but I can't and think that a NA engine will hold up longer. That's complete speculation and have no factual evidence to support it. I also speculate that a properly FI engine could hold up longevity so I guess my goals are still up in the air as far as my engine mods go.
Move the engine down and back for the CJM?

Don't spend 3k on a itb setup unless you've got massive cams, longtubes, and a rev-up oil pump. You're better off buying a used vortech or just getting a bottle and spraying a 100 shot.

Last edited by Resmarted; 12-07-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Get a dry sump. With the right valvetrain and 288's you should make power out to 9k which will make the wait for VETAK much more worth it.
I talked to the guys today about doing the dry sump setup. Got pricing , I really want to push the platform, so it looks like something that will happen at the beginning of the year. Thinking to just fix the gasket issue now, put the kit on, and see what she does on my current motor, while I have another block done from scratch. This should be an interesting 2013.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Total D

Early Christmas woot!!!!

Waiting on cjm manifold, axles, intercooler, and a few other bits and pieces.

2013 should be great, if the world don't end tomorrow. Lol
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Total D

Thanks, I am really excited to try and push this platform on the street. I know there are some other hipower VQ's but most of them are strictly drag setups. I'm going to put everything together while have the new motor built and the dry sump set worked on. I'll definitely keep this thread updated or start a new one when everything starts taking shape...what do you guys think? leave it all here or make new?

Jeremiah
Old 12-20-2012, 02:02 PM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn goin all out with huge build plans! would love to see it happen and be successful!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:58 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Going dry sump? Good stuff man. Up to you, a new threa will be a bit cleaner and more organized since your first post will be about the new build.

Nothing wrong with pushing a platform. I was shooting for 800 when I had the aps kit. Was hoping to make it to at least that ha. I had spare blocks ready to go. Wanted a 800whp VQ every time I took the car out. Not much of them around.

Good luck with everything, can't wait to see how it comes together for you.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by graffkid732
Going dry sump? Good stuff man. Up to you, a new threa will be a bit cleaner and more organized since your first post will be about the new build.

Nothing wrong with pushing a platform. I was shooting for 800 when I had the aps kit. Was hoping to make it to at least that ha. I had spare blocks ready to go. Wanted a 800whp VQ every time I took the car out. Not much of them around.

Good luck with everything, can't wait to see how it comes together for you.
Yea I decided that would be the best way to go with what I am trying to do. Well as of right now lol. A new thread is now up. Parts are trickling in, so hope it all goes fairly well.

Haha I hear you man. I have looked around and it seems no one really care about the high HP game as you could say like the Supra, GTR, and such. Eh oh well, I going for it.

Thanks!! Be good to see your build as well man, as that was my first intention with the roller I had. I just couldnt let my daily be slow and it morphed into this lol

New thread: https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...l#post10005445

Last edited by Total D; 01-08-2013 at 06:19 PM.