Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Total D's 18G build......Finally!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Accelerated Performance did my last motor, no issues, my fault for using cometic gaskets. So most likely going to use them again.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:12 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What plans do you have for cooling? What about head, going to keep supertech? Also, what about bottom end, just doing rods/pistons or? I'm guessing sleeves as well, have you looked into the girdle?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by graffkid732
What plans do you have for cooling? What about head, going to keep supertech? Also, what about bottom end, just doing rods/pistons or? I'm guessing sleeves as well, have you looked into the girdle?
Cooling I have a 34 row oil cooler, pathfinder mod, radiator, custom direct port meth setup. Really not sure what else I can add to make sure it gets all the cooling it needs. If someone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Head is completely done with Kelford 272's, thought about going to Tomei 280's. Just a thought though. I haven't had any problems with Supertech in any of my builds, so for now yes I'll stay with them.

I have a girdle on the way. Same one SP used on their car. Pistons, I'll stay with what I have. Rods, most likely Carrillo. On sleeves, still debating, as I was talking to a friend of mine about doing a half fill(Supra world stuff lol...im sure many others as well). I'll talk to him some more to get a better in depth look at my goals.

No power number goals right now. I know they made 1248 on the twin 62 setup, I have the upgraded twin 67mm version. So we shall see.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Total D
Cooling I have a 34 row oil cooler, pathfinder mod, radiator, custom direct port meth setup. Really not sure what else I can add to make sure it gets all the cooling it needs. If someone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Head is completely done with Kelford 272's, thought about going to Tomei 280's. Just a thought though. I haven't had any problems with Supertech in any of my builds, so for now yes I'll stay with them.

I have a girdle on the way. Same one SP used on their car. Pistons, I'll stay with what I have. Rods, most likely Carrillo. On sleeves, still debating, as I was talking to a friend of mine about doing a half fill(Supra world stuff lol...im sure many others as well). I'll talk to him some more to get a better in depth look at my goals.

No power number goals right now. I know they made 1248 on the twin 62 setup, I have the upgraded twin 67mm version. So we shall see.
I'm not sure a half fill would be beneficial really if you're already sleeving the block. If anything I'd think darton would advise against just that. I'd look into welding/closing the deck before I filled a block on a street car, but I could be wrong.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

really wouldnt do a half fill on a street car, would make me very nervous about heat especially with the issues sleeved blocks have had with cooling. usually its all out drag cars that do it that arnt going to see any street time, although not sure about supras, imagine it would have been them also. i know for a fact a half fill in most engines on the street will end up toast quick from over heating.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by jerryd87
really wouldnt do a half fill on a street car, would make me very nervous about heat especially with the issues sleeved blocks have had with cooling. usually its all out drag cars that do it that arnt going to see any street time, although not sure about supras, imagine it would have been them also. i know for a fact a half fill in most engines on the street will end up toast quick from over heating.
Agreed completely. Idk of any supras doing filled blocks, they have closed deck iron blocks, and sleeve cracking doesn't seem to ever be an issue. I know some billet block guys do fill them but those are like alcohol cars.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by Resmarted
I'm not sure a half fill would be beneficial really if you're already sleeving the block. If anything I'd think darton would advise against just that. I'd look into welding/closing the deck before I filled a block on a street car, but I could be wrong.
If I was to do a half fill. It would not be on a sleeved block. My builder has already filled a VQ and hasnt had any problems with daily driving, then again, I dont think they were making over 1Krwhp, but I could be wrong. Like I said I'll talk it over with him some more to get a better feel on everything. Good points though. thanks!!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Resmarted

If I was to do a half fill. It would not be on a sleeved block. My builder has already filled a VQ and hasnt had any problems with daily driving, then again, I dont think they were making over 1Krwhp, but I could be wrong. Like I said I'll talk it over with him some more to get a better feel on everything. Good points though. thanks!!
I looked at doing it/trying to weld the deck too, but eventually decided on eagle rods/accepted not making huge hp.
Definitely will be interested in seeing what you come up with.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

twin 67s on a 3.5L is shift your powerband 2000 rpms to the right. Coming from that momentum kit, it will be interesting to get your reactions. now power til 5000 rpms is interesting feeling on the street.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by Resmarted
I looked at doing it/trying to weld the deck too, but eventually decided on eagle rods/accepted not making huge hp.
Definitely will be interested in seeing what you come up with.
I have eagle now and know I want more haha. I'll put this in the hands of Don, he knows what to do. His Supra won Texas2k12 at the drag strip and always going further.

Originally Posted by str8dum1
twin 67s on a 3.5L is shift your powerband 2000 rpms to the right. Coming from that momentum kit, it will be interesting to get your reactions. now power til 5000 rpms is interesting feeling on the street.
We shall see man, my kit came on in the 4000-4500 range with the GT37. I dont mind the power coming in at 5k. Be like a supra in a way haha. So something I know the feeling of already. Your twin 62s, when do they come in? How'd you get the 3.8L as well. I'm not ready for stroking it just yet, but always possible later on.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

wait.........wait..........wait............wait............s till waiting............
Old 12-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Total D

Hahaha, you say that, but this setup went 9's...Topend runs will be nice to see as well. Gotta love Texas with the T2Kxx, mile and TI events. Again you say wait, why? Is that what you say when your getting beat...Please wait mister haha, I can't keep up.

I just hope I can do this kit justice.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:35 PM
graffkid732

Hahaha, you say that, but this setup went 9's...Topend runs will be nice to see as well. Gotta love Texas with the T2Kxx, mile and TI events. Again you say wait, why? Is that what you say when your getting beat...Please wait mister haha, I can't keep up.

I just hope I can do this kit justice.
Haha.

Just stroke it from the beginning.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:42 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We shall see man, my kit came on in the 4000-4500 range with the GT37. I dont mind the power coming in at 5k. Be like a supra in a way haha. So something I know the feeling of already. Your twin 62s, when do they come in? How'd you get the 3.8L as well. I'm not ready for stroking it just yet, but always possible later on.
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...no-teaser.html

there is one of his dynos and those are twin 6262. 6262 will spool considerably faster than the gt37 and slightly faster than gt35
Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it was a little better than that once cam timing got adjusted. on my new motor the powerband is quite better, but is everything besides the turbos is different.

i'd prolly swap to 5558s if I had the chance. my ***** start to shrivel even past 6000 rpms at only 20psi with another 2500 rpms and 20psi to go.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by graffkid732
Haha.

Just stroke it from the beginning.
I wish man. Think I am going to try this 3.5L first and see what she does.

Originally Posted by binder
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...no-teaser.html

there is one of his dynos and those are twin 6262. 6262 will spool considerably faster than the gt37 and slightly faster than gt35
I looked at that kit, but for the deal I got, I couldn't pass it up. I'll be fine with the twin pte67 setup ...I mean, I am going for power. Good gas savings under 5krpms lol, until boost, then it bye bye gas.

it was a little better than that once cam timing got adjusted. on my new motor the powerband is quite better, but is everything besides the turbos is different.

i'd prolly swap to 5558s if I had the chance. my ***** start to shrivel even past 6000 rpms at only 20psi with another 2500 rpms and 20psi to go.
I see... Well I talked to Don, and he said I can do the girdle, half fill, Carrillo rods, and upgrade my wrist pins. That should withstand the power I want to try an make. I'll get another block, to start getting things ready for a stroker or something of that nature, when and if this one should let go. I pray to God I'll get some use from this before that happens. Here goes to some fun. Kit, girdle, axles will be here next week. Engine will get torn out and sent to Don over the Christmas break, so goal is to have it complete before T2K13.

Maybe I should get my cut, that way I dont have to worry about mine getting scared lol...I'm hoping I can break the 1248 number they set with the kit. So we shall see. Going to definitely need some good wheels and tires for this to hook.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:42 PM
13ino13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeremiah, do you go to NE TCC?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Total D

Yes sir, there and NW TCC. I was at the NE campus today.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:32 PM
13ino13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy Turbos.. I think I saw you this morning as I was leaving! Did you get a buzz cut? What's weird about that, is that just last night I came across this thread for the first time and read all 10 pages because I was curious what you've done to your car since that last time I saw you when I bought the SPL toe arms from you. When I saw the guy who I thought was you, I was like "No fu<king way, there's no way that he pops up the very next day after reading his build thread, after not having seen his username for over a year"

Last edited by 13ino13; 12-06-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:34 PM
graffkid732

Hahah

Quick Reply: Total D's 18G build......Finally!!!!!!