Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Z Turbo Project (fun, fun, fun!!! ^ ^)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Maybe this will help you?
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-driv...ing-chain.html
Old 12-18-2012, 03:04 AM
bgant3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took some vice grips...lock it on the intake cam on the left bank (from engine front), and turn it a smidge, and that locked the chain in place. So that cam was just a little bit out of place.

that guy in that guide, looks like he did his own thing in terms of primary chain placement. My two yellow links in the chain are at the top of the intake sprockets. at each end of them, and as u can see from pic, the red link is on the crankshaft.......in pic, in the link you posted above, His color links are all over the place at #1 TDC.

i really didnt need that for more confusion. lol
Old 12-18-2012, 06:11 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Brandon, it might be helpful for people searching builds if you put your full build list on the first post and just add the parts list as you add them to your build.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM
bgant3

Hey Guys. Im still alive. . been a couple months since last update, I have literally done nothing with the build since then. At the moment I have the money to do swap and get tuned, its Just simple fact of finding time. Plus this is my only source of transportation, so just in case something goes wrong, or thier are problems, im thinking about getting another car as my daily driver. Gonna do my taxes sometime in the next week, and see if i can pay cash for a simple 02-04 accord, or maybe high mileage 05 scion tc.

Didnt take pictures, but last time i got some time to get down to my dads place..... I got engine done, and put on the turbos. Looks pretty sitting on the engine stand : )

Think im Gonna put my akebono bbk on sale in forum. never installed them. just going to keep the oem calipers, and paint them black, with d/s rotors. Figure its waste of a bbk if i was gonna do them black, and not be flashy with them with some outrageous colors

Last edited by bgant3; 02-19-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:52 AM
bgant3

Ok Guys, It almost been one year since I began this project, and im finally ready to do the swap and tune, and to see if I built a monster! lol. It's been a budget build, but i think i've done everything correctly and followed the advice of guys such as str8dum, resmarted, jerryd, etc etc.... Ive been sorta quiet on the forums the past few months just stacking paper, and focusing on my last semester of my degree... I am currently looking for a car to drive during this whole process as my job as a bread vendor requires me to have transportation everyday. I never have days off : (

Can someone point me in direction of some good info on E85 turbo setups? Ive yet to buy my fuel pump, but i have the fuel return/bigger rails/ and 550s..i know i need 1000s if i did E85....i just want to read up, look at the pros and cons for those who've gone that direction in the future. At the moment 93oc is my top option, but e85 is $1 cheaper in my area. If I think going to that fuel will set my project back too much because of other various parts needed, I will just stick with 93...im ready for a boost Z .. thanks in advance.

Planning to do swap in Dad's garage Mid April, & trailer it to CIN for tune. So probably won't be anymore updates to this thread until then.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you def wanna do your fuel system once. I'm on my 4th or 5th revision currently and it never gets cheaper. I've been E85 for about 3 yrs.

From the gun, get an intank walbro 485 and ID1000 injectors or depending on ecu, PTE1200s. That will carry you to high 600s with a very simple setup. You'll be able to to tune to MBT on E85 so you will have a nice broad trq curve.

Only downside is I get about 10-12mpg on E85. Thats about par for the course over GTRs, EVOs, etc. I only do 3000 miles per year so it doesnt really matter to me much.

no need to trailer it. biggest waste of money. Just put in stock injectors and run off stock ecu. Swap at the shop, takes 20 mins. Save yourself a ton of money. I wish I had thought of that before I trailered my car to forged one time. Plus, you want your break in setup to run properly. It will run perfect on the stock ecu/injectors so you'll get a nice break in and not have to worry about dialing in idle or the car dying out.