Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Boosted Performance & R/T Tuning..My build

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:27 AM
gixx76
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted Performance & R/T Tuning..My build

So I am new to FI and after reading through countless pages of threads I decided to go with a single mid mount from Sasha (boosted performance)https://my350z.com/forum/members/boo...nce-page4.html

My kit included the following...

Precision BILLET CEA T4, 6266E .68a/r JB turbo,
HKS SSQV3 BOV strd.
Tial MV-S wastegate
Exa scavenge pump:
Large FMIC, 25x9x3.5 vertical core rated at over 1000HP
550cc injectors (with pigtails)
340 LPH fuel pump standard
UpRev Tuner
OEM MAF housing delete
Large 3.5" inlet air filter
409 Stainless exhaust (headers to turbo and down pipe)
Aluminum tig welded IC piping all bead roled
Oil pan spacer adding 1qt of oil to engine
Oil lines all stainless braid with -6 and fittings
All brackets (fmic, pump..ect) 304 stainless
GT Maf.
Custom Fabricated DP for AAM 3" Tru Dual exhaust

Let me tell you that beyond all expectations were meet in every area, from trouble shooting small issues(possible relay defect which was just the scavenge pump needing a little break in time)( a dud MAF from UPREV that Sasha and Vince colaborated to get a new one out to me OVERNIGHT shipped at 4pm and received it 1130am next day!! Awesome) to back and forth emails, to the quality finished product. Amazing customer service along side a fabulous and seamless kit.

Being new to FI and installing anything other than brakes the install did take about 17 hours total, but I was taking my time to be sure all was as it should be...

Once installed Vince@ www.rttuning.com was the man to get me rollin, via email and phone Vince made my Z run smooth and better than even expected for me to be able to get to final tuning( ON way To Dynopack now).. Vince was on the phone with me until 11pm last night working out all the finer details of the e-tune which feels more like a fine tune if you ask me Car pulls hard as F*** and that is just on the e-tune.

Both of these guys are by far the best people I have dealt with in Business period. I own my own business and it is refreshing to deal with others that have the same mindset as me...treat the customer with respect patience and understanding and provide them with your best at all times.( regardless of how difficult the customer is( I can be a very impatient hard *** to deal with)

Sasha( boosted performance) and Vince@ www.rttuning.com have lived up to that in spades. Thanks guys!! Dyno Numbers and more pics to come.

Shades... www.capitalnicfit.com

P.S.Not sure how to shrink picture size to post em..anyone care to assist..lol

Last edited by gixx76; 08-26-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 AM
suprasam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use photobucket or something like that then you can copy the URL and post them in the forum without having to resize them.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 AM
gixx76
Banned

Default Numbers are in...WOW...I am impressed.:)

These are the numbers on a dynopack dyno with Final tuning done by Robin Almasi of Almasi tuning/synoptic tuning in Montreal.

WHP...476whp@5850rpm....(we backed this off to 454whp@5850rpm)

Torque...452lbs@5000RPM...(brought down to 430lbs@5000rpm)

A/F...holds pretty steady at around 11.8-12.2

Boost... comes on at 2800rpm and is at full boost by 3800rpm and holds strong all the way through.

I cannot say how pleased I am with these numbers and even more with how it performs on the road. The track should be interesting next week

Sasha(boosted perfirmance), Vince(www.rttuning.com),

Many thanks to you guys for your help in getting this beast running as it is.)

********Robin(www.almasituning.com)AVOID THESE GUYS PLEASE****

Shades www.capitalnicfit.com
Attached Thumbnails Boosted Performance & R/T Tuning..My build-hp-torque.jpg   Boosted Performance & R/T Tuning..My build-af.jpg   Boosted Performance & R/T Tuning..My build-boost.jpg  

Last edited by gixx76; 08-24-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:04 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

430 ft-lbs on a stock block? Congrats - that is a fun power curve - enjoy it (while it lasts)!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:30 AM
ranmas2004

DAM!!! What year Z is this? REV UP, NON REV UP, HR? Also what boost are you running, hard to tell from graph..looks like 10-11psi?? Thats cool that you posted this because I have a 2002 MAxima with a VQ35DE engine and I have a 6266 BB turbo with .82 A/R and I have an appointment with Vince at RT Tuning Monday July 2 to get tuned. Im using a Haltech with dual widebands. Going to go with 7psi wastegate because its a stock block.....Nice to see how a 6266 does on a VQ.....

430ft-lbs on a stock block going to be OK??

Got any pics of the setup?

Last edited by ranmas2004; 06-28-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
430 ft-lbs on a stock block? Congrats - that is a fun power curve - enjoy it (while it lasts)!
These are dynopak numbers...Probably under 400 on a dynojet... aggressive indeed, but not overly as long as OP doesn't abuse it.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 AM
ranmas2004

Originally Posted by djamps
These are dynopak numbers...Probably under 400 on a dynojet... aggressive indeed, but not overly as long as OP doesn't abuse it.
OH....I thought he went to RT Tuning and they have a dynojet. So I guess the dynapack reads higher than a dynojet? I htought the dynojet read higher than all of the dynos.....?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:03 AM
smalmo1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. Do you have RevUp? Are you set to 10psi? We have very similar setups with identical turbos.

I'll be at the track tomorrow and posting results in my dyno thread. Can you do the same when you go? I'm very interested in comparing trap speeds.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 AM
ranmas2004

Originally Posted by smalmo1
Nice. Do you have RevUp? Are you set to 10psi? We have very similar setups with identical turbos.

I'll be at the track tomorrow and posting results in my dyno thread. Can you do the same when you go? I'm very interested in comparing trap speeds.
My engine is NON REV UP. I'll be running 7psi off the wastegate spring.

Is your engine REVUP or NONREV? What year Z?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:41 AM
djamps

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
OH....I thought he went to RT Tuning and they have a dynojet. So I guess the dynapack reads higher than a dynojet? I htought the dynojet read higher than all of the dynos.....?
Dynopak nearly always reads higher because it takes the reading off the hub not the wheels. More like crank horsepower.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:49 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

nice numbers!

beautiful setup
Old 06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
gixx76
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
Thanks for the inspiration...lol some of us don't treat our cars like a $40 dollar ***** and beat the snot her out of at every opportunity ...I think I will be good. Cheers.

Last edited by gixx76; 06-28-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM
ranmas2004

Originally Posted by gixx76
Thanks for the inspiration...lol some of us don't treat our cars like a $40 dollar ***** and beat the snot out of at every opportunity ...I think I will be good. Cheers.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:06 PM
gixx76
Banned

Dynopak nearly always reads higher because it takes the reading off the hub not the wheels. More like crank horsepower.
Originally Posted by ranmas2004
My engine is NON REV UP. I'll be running 7psi off the wastegate spring.

Is your engine REVUP or NONREV? What year Z?
Originally Posted by smalmo1

Originally Posted by binder
nice numbers!

beautiful setup

Thanks binder, I am super pleased with how it pulls. Great kit, even if i have never had one myself , I have road in many ...feels good.

smalmo1, ranmas2004..... it is a 2003/350 w/75,400km I have the 8.7 spring in (tial WG) But springs are never exactly what they are ..so it is about 9.5 lbs.

I don't kik the S*** out of it to often mostly at the track..and even then I play smooth.. It has a brand new cd009 trans in it to so shifting is like a butta now..love it

djamps >>>numbers are numbers...what is a true number? all dynos are different my car had 278hp prior to this kit. run on the same brand dynopack dyno.. so regardless that is an increase of 198hp... pretty good regardless of what dyno it is on. I don't care about the number and just posted it to show the great kit and tune from the fabricator to both tuners. Whatever the number is in 100% certainty no one can ever know that ..so it pulls like a freight train and is mighty quick gettin there.. thats all that matters.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:32 PM
djamps

Originally Posted by gixx76
djamps >>>numbers are numbers...what is a true number?
I was just explaining the difference between dyno types not anything about your results.

Get that bad boy to the 1/4 and show us what you can do. Real numbers happen at the track.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Happy to see another happy customer. Congrats on the numbers...I am sure the dual 3" exhaust right from the turbo has a lot to do with it. Enjoy it.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:19 AM
gixx76
Banned

I was just explaining the difference between dyno types not anything about your results.

Get that bad boy to the 1/4 and show us what you can do. Real numbers happen at the track.
I do not partake in the 1/4, strictly road racing tracks ( and good ol' highway pulls) ..With that, last night I was on way home and I saw a nice looking supra pulled over with his hazards on so being the nice guy i am I pulled over, turns out he blew off an IC coupler and was happy to get my assistance to give him some light, 10 mins and we were off...he has (or said he has) 711hp at the wheels so i wanted to see how I held up. We did a 3rd gear pull from just under 100km/hr.... He never had me by more that 2-2/12 car lengths all the way to 220km/hr....he was pretty impressed with little Z.) as am I.

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Happy to see another happy customer. Congrats on the numbers...I am sure the dual 3" exhaust right from the turbo has a lot to do with it. Enjoy it.
Thanks mostly to you the Fab king! the Exhaust sounds sooo F***** awesome its scary. .. really great work you did with it Sasha.

Here are some pics of my gauge handy work) and the custom exhaust work that you all have seen Sasha do, but if i am not mistaken this is the first custom that was "tru dual" he has done....I stand corrected if it is not.)

http://s1151.photobucket.com/albums/o630/Shadi_Chaar/

Last edited by gixx76; 06-29-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Erik@R/Ttuning

The project came together beautifully. Congrats on some great numbers.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:57 PM
gixx76
Banned

So after about almost two months behind the wheel a problem presented itself...

After a good cruze night with some big horsepower buddies I got a 0306 CEL, misfire on cylinder 6. Since my tuning knowledge is limited at best I contacted the guy at almasi tuning to ask some questions. He gave me some BS story that I needed a return system and that is what the issue was.

After contacting a few Z friends and other knowledgeable peeps, it was clear this dupe didn't have a clue what he was talking about. So off I went down to PA to see Vince and the guys at R/T tuning for a "proper" tune and the no BS word on what was going on....The shitty news follows...

After the first few soft pulls Vince noticed lotsa smoke coming from the crank breather and pointed out that timing was advanced 5 degrees farther ahead than it should have ever been on a stock block!!

Seems Robin almasi does not have a clue what he was doing when he tuned my car. Further more to give me a ******** line like "you need a return and all your problems will be solved" is just testament to this idots lack of knowledge.

Needless to say Vince did a compression test and sure as **** cylinder 6 was pooched. Possible cracked ring land...or in other terms dont boost the car unless you want to throw it in the trash. ( Pissed off as I was the damage is done and lesson learned... Take it to the best if you want **** done right the FIRST TIME.

Long and short of it all is a happier mid point. the car was left to R/T for a full build and I hopped on a plane back to the great white north. Just got an update today that the Z is being dismantled and will be getting the Royal R/T Tuning treatment until she is fit and Proper.. the list goes on...

.81 a/r housing for 6266 PT
Deatschwerks 850cc inj.
Megan racing motor mounts
Block bored and honed to 96mm
Polished crank
R/T tuning spec Wiesco pistons 9:7:1
Eagle forged rods
ACL crank, thrust and rod bearings
Gates water pump
Revup oil pump
Cometic MLS headgasket set
ARP head studs
Momentum headers
HKS SSQV3 BOV strd.
Tial MV-S wastegate
Exa scavenge pump:
Large FMIC, 25x9x3.5 vertical core rated at over 1000HP
340 LPH aeromotive fuel pump
UpRev Osiris
GT Maf
OEM MAF housing delete
Large 3.5" inlet air filter
custom 409 stainless from headers to turbo
Custom Fabricated DP for AAM 3" Tru Dual exhaust
Aluminum tig welded IC piping all bead roled
JWT Oil pan spacer
Oil lines all stainless braid with -6 and fittings
25 row Setrab oil cooler w/-10an kines
Thermostatic sandwich plate
AAM Throttle body spacer
Akebono 14' big brake kit front/rear
Supspension?????
....AND A PROPER TUNE>>>

Some other odds and ends as well just cuz...)

All this being said I am stoked to fly back down to PA to see what the best can and has done with my Z....remember...If you want it done right THE FIRST TIME...take it to the best. (should have taken my own advice)...Fack.

Can't wait to see what she spits out now!!!... to be continued....

So there is a fresh barely used set of 550cc bosch injectors and a .68 housing off a PT 6266 up for grabs if there is any one who needs.) Cheers.

Last edited by gixx76; 08-27-2012 at 05:01 AM. Reason: forgot the headers
Old 08-25-2012, 01:40 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh i'm excited as hell now. How far are you going to push this 6266? limits of pump gas?

I'm curious to see what that 6266 will do on a built engine. You will be the first with sasha's kit and 6266 on a built block. Even though you are only doing pump gas it should still be amazing results. I say you could be easily upper 500 on 93 octane with that turbo.

Quick Reply: Boosted Performance & R/T Tuning..My build