Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Need help with a safe build. on my Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 AM
dawillofclosure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with a safe build. on my Z

Ok so i have an 07 enthusiast 350z all ive done to it was replace the cats with hfc. I want to plan out a tt build for the car since im deploying next year and im going to use that money to put into my car. But....

I was reading about how you have to build the block to hold the power that a tt puts out. Is this true? If so what parts do i need to be able to hold that power. I dont know to much about cars thats why I am asking for help on internals that need to be upgraded. Also what tt would you guys go with?... I would like a list of the parts like ie. Rods, pistons, fuel injectors.....

Thank you in advance...
Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 AM
psychoballistic

Start here:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...for-noobs.html

Do lots of research, there is a tremendous wealth of information on these forums, but you will get little help from members without doing some homework in advance.

Also, if you do not know much about cars, you should be talking to one of the shops that deals in VQ's. There are a number of them from all over the country incl. Dynosty, Forged, Jtran studios (TX), intense motorsports, Japtrix, Performance Motorsports, PF supercars, Sound Performance, etc... But do your hw first and then come back with questions.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:43 AM
deanfootlong

[QUOTE=dawillofclosure;9954299]Ok so i have an 07 enthusiast 350z all ive done to it was replace the cats with hfc. I want to plan out a tt build for the car since im deploying next year and im going to use that money to put into my car.
QUOTE]

you lost me here.

Last edited by deanfootlong; 11-19-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM
suprasam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One soldier to another, I say save the money for a factory car already turboed or just save the money period. Don't get me wrong, I have fun with my car and I don't regret it, but I wouldn't do it again. I would have so much more money to buy lots of other nice things and not too much in my car. Our deployments are running out so it would be better to save the tax free dollars.

That is my advice.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

I miss going to pluckers, but that is about all I miss about fort hood, as for a TT build, a lot of people with HR's do a big build, break it, and then end up parting out and getting a better car for what they want.

I would say get a C6 vette but I know you need something to haul around army bs, look around and find something that will work best for you, I went to an 09 Challenger R/T, I enjoy the bigger interior and I still have a trunk to haul crap around
Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

^ this is pretty accurate.
My build was EXTREMELY INEXPENSIVE as i pretty much bought everything at cost.. and I still spent about 20k, still isnt done, and also had to include me buying another vehicle.. so all in all, i spent 20k plus another 15k on a used car to do this build.

I wish it werent so, but yeah. It is tho.. sucks.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:44 PM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Listen brother, save Ur money buy a GTR or some big ***** power car n enjoy it.. Guaranteed if u start down this road Ur only going to be throwing money at problem after problem... If I didn't kno what I was doing I would of got *** raped building my Z... I still spent like 50k from start to finish, prolly more...

If u still wanna build I suggest u call Dynosty at the number below.. They will guide u thru everything u need to kno and build u the best car in Ur budget...
Old 12-01-2012, 04:37 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you want 'safe' or 'reliable' then please don't go F/I on your Z.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:34 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^ u left out cheap, lol.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:30 PM
TopgunZ

Wow. What a bunch of dream crushers! Going FI definitely holds surprises. Which usually costs more than anticipated. However, its a passion, dream, and hobby. If you have dreamt of owning a car that will put a huge smile on your face everytime you put your foot into it, then by all means go for it!! Your half way there. Not "everyone" will have unforseen issues and associated costs. But remember this is a possibility you may or may not run in to. So, you have to be prepared for it if it rears its ugly face.

Like some posted, read, research, Google, then read somemore before you commit to anything.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 PM
djamps

^ Dream thread get dream crusher reply LOL
Old 12-01-2012, 09:29 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TopgunZ
Wow. What a bunch of dream crushers! Going FI definitely holds surprises. Which usually costs more than anticipated. However, its a passion, dream, and hobby. If you have dreamt of owning a car that will put a huge smile on your face everytime you put your foot into it, then by all means go for it!! Your half way there. Not "everyone" will have unforseen issues and associated costs. But remember this is a possibility you may or may not run in to. So, you have to be prepared for it if it rears its ugly face.

Like some posted, read, research, Google, then read somemore before you commit to anything.
Do you have a built FI 350z?

If not, then GTFO.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 PM
TopgunZ

Why don't you answer your own question and click on my profile before shooting your mouth off like a giant d-bag?

Originally Posted by midz350
Do you have a built FI 350z?

If not, then GTFO.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TopgunZ
Why don't you answer your own question and click on my profile before shooting your mouth off like a giant d-bag?

The OP was asking about a built engine.

You're still on your stock engine. So stop talking or giving advises about something you have no experience with.

Last edited by midz350; 12-01-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 PM
TopgunZ

Your right there.

I was just trying to keep his hopes alive before he goes down without a fight. So my advice on " more research" still holds valid as this is his biggest problem with this post.

If it were me and I had an hr block I'd twin scroll it with a bp kit, set it at 500 and never look back.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 PM
jerryd87

im on a built engine with no major issues, not only that i built the engine in a driveway and have more miles on it then alot of the guys with blown engines does that mean i get to comment? lol seriously op do a search if your not capable of building it yourself, which if your asking probably not, and go to a shop that hasnt had issues which is only a couple.

it if definitely not going to be cheap though, between machining, pistons, rods, bearings, oil control baffle, gasket kit, head gaskets, crank pulley, ect i have about 4k into my long block roughly, and that is with only springs and retainers in the heads, no cams, no port and polish(only because i kinda got screwed they will make there way in there though.), used rods(had to tack on a extra 35 bucks to have them inspected.) and thats also with me doing all the assembly and blueprinting myself.

the people that got screwed on the vq plain and simple was shops overlooking something, shops being shady, or shops screwing up, just as likely to happen with w/e engine that may have swapped in.

every issue ive had has been minor things, like busting a meth line, rtv clogging a variable valve timing solenoid, minor oil leaks because i dint change the valve covers out, going with a cheap gasket kit so i have a leaking rear main(although also seems pretty common with boost.)

im also one of the people who would do it again though because i like the challange provided so its fun for me.
im also rocking a 600 whp tune right now that i daily, the hardest part of daily driving it is the mustang TB which im figuring out i think its got a leak somewhere prob from bein a cheap chinese knock off

Last edited by jerryd87; 12-01-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Don't do it... Save your deployment cash.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:48 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Don't do it... Save your deployment cash.
+1, you will need deployment after deployment to keep it going.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:19 AM
hellman_x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a backup car go for it. If not, don't. Something will break, even with a supposedly safe vortech supercharger, my blower leaked oil and my car was out of commission for 2 weeks.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:58 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Search

Quick Reply: Need help with a safe build. on my Z