Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SEXY Girl doing 500-600whp turbo build!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

I was wondering how a waitress/wannabe photo model was getting funds for all her car parts. Boyfriend/husband's military deployment money FTMFW.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by fly350z
ill look into it, I do know there are alot of people using the TN kit on the stock block with no issues when tuned right so i would think a built block would be able to handle it even better as long as it was tuned right.
The kit is improperly designed. And this can cause over boosting etc. Has nothing to do with the tune.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ill bite and entertain again mayby because this platform is netorious for shops being shady and not knowing what they are doing making most instances having a stock block much more reliable. like i posted before 5k isnt going to cut it if you want a block that can handle 600 to the wheels, after my post before add in fuel system and cooling and figure closer to 6-7k just for parts no labor and no machining. you could do a built engine for less but it would hardly be done correctly, and my estimate earlier dint figure in bearings eaither so figure that in too. some may view the girdle and cosworth oil control baffle as optional but i say its worth the ~450 it will cost you.

personally i would say sell the turbonetics and go with a basic bp 6266 kit for now with JB and .81 t4 housing
like people said its a shitty kit which is better for now? MAYBY and thats a big mayby get 450 rwhp from turbonetics kit and risk failure causing a new engine and turbo kit, wasting all the money you have invested and you spending DOUBLE because now you need a new engine AND turbo kit with no core.
or
going for 400 stock block now and waiting till you can build the engine to just turn the boost up and retune.

what i also dont get is you keep saying YOU dont want to go another summer without boost, confused i thought this was your "wifes" car and her decision? really dosnt sound like it, sounds more like you came here posting like it was hers hoping we would be nice because shes female, sorry nice and sugar coated dosnt happen without nudes =/ and even then im probably going to be pretty damn blunt

your also VERY WRONG on no labor cost, do you have a full service machine shop thats set up for automotive applications? im in the military so i know you dont so you will be paying labor of some sort. master tech dosnt mean **** either im currently ripping apart a twin turbo g35 that a nissan master tech installed for the guy and completely ****ed up, missing bolts, boost control solenoid hooked directly to the battery(as in there is no boost controller), cracked aps housings(both sides) cross threaded bolts on turbo's yah its bad so dont rely on that. how many performance engines has this friend built? what does he plan to set clearances at? ring end gaps?
I agree that alot of military wives are ***** if they are talking about partying with other guys while there husbands are away but thats what was getting at me she wasnt doing that, the modball rally isnt till aug and ill be back by then and i would go with her. she never goes to events alone if i cant go then our best friend goes with her. As far as the 5k for the motor im talking everything block,clutch,fuel system,cooling.....I belive its going to work out fine but if not what makes you think that its not a good idea to build the motor for boost first?

Last edited by jerryd87; 02-28-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM
suprasam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well me and Her have seen enough, I now see why my350z has the rep it has, there is no room here for the average person who cant afford all the things you big shots can, I came here to get her some help and knowlage from the Z community so she could do this build while im away risking my life fighting for your right to sit at home and bash me and call my wife a **** on the internet. Here i cant get advice from the good ppl for all the sh*t talkers posting bull that has nothing to do with this thread. She was excited to make her own profile on here and get into the My350z family but now she wants nothing to do with it and will now make it her point to let her fans and everyone know how yall treated her and I.
Wait so are you on a deployment from GA or Italy or are you on a deployment from GA to Italy? And if you are stationed in Italy...then why is your wife still in America?

Last edited by suprasam; 02-28-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

she doesnt need anything more than 400cc injectors and a SS box.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like what this guy really needs is to find an old Stillen s/c...lol
Old 02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Here is a list of parts I would recommend to get to ur goals

Turbonetics Single Turbo/Godspeed Turbo Kit/Stillen Supercharger
Stage 1 Race Engine from Relentless Autosports
3.5" Dual Exhaust
440cc injectors
SplitSecond box
Large Tachometer with built in boost gauge
Some sort of NOS setup
Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dikspiel
Here is a list of parts I would recommend to get to ur goals

Turbonetics Single Turbo/Godspeed Turbo Kit/Stillen Supercharger
Stage 1 Race Engine from Relentless Autosports
3.5" Dual Exhaust
440cc injectors
SplitSecond box
Large Tachometer with built in boost gauge
Some sort of NOS setup
you forgot a big yellow shift light on the tach
Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

i don see how that would help reach her goals? I guess you are trying to be sarcastic. Lets keep this discussion serious she/he needs our help.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM
ace32x

i don see how that would help reach her goals? I guess you are trying to be sarcastic. Lets keep this discussion serious she/he needs our help.
have to know when to shift! what if the rev limiter fails for some reason. always good to have back up safety devices
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you're worried about spending $5,000 for block/heads and $5,000 for turbo kit, what are you going to do for the $1,000s spent else where for fuel, ecu, and tune?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

SplitSecond box is all you need for a tune. 440cc injectors (I prefer RC) is all you will need for a fuel with a Walbro 255lph pump. Anything else is overkill. Keep it simple stupid.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM
NismoK

Enjoyed this thread read quite a bit lol

On a serious side, you are seriously wasting your time and money with the Turbonectics nonsense.

Case in point, my buddy has a fully built DE with a Turbonetics on it and my stock block HR with a GTM TT spanks him like he is standing still. Mine @ 9psi, him @ 13psi ..... He is now trying to figure out what to replace the turbonetics with, hell even I wish I would've waited and saved more and went with built motor with the TT all at once in one shot. Now I am looking at having to take off most of the TT, pull and replace motor and reinstall the TT, nothing but more time & $$$$ in my future....

Highly recommend spending a few weeks reading through the various build threads on this forum, Keywords (Turbonetics, Greddy, JWT, Boosted Performance, GTM etc..) it will inevitably lead you to the same answers you are getting from the vets on here.

Side note, her and her friends can come up to Canada if they want back to rides to see the difference

K
Old 02-28-2013, 02:09 PM
fly350z

The car is ours together but shes been driving it more over the past year, im in italy right now and do want to drive it too when i get back. I make the $$ decisions. Im going to do it right and toss the TN kit to someone with a stock block that wants cheap boost. I dont have the money i need to do all the things i got planned. I now have a budget of $15k for her 350z I had planned not to use anywhere near that much but now Im going all in even if i have too take some money from our trip we had planned when i get back. look over my list and tell me what i will need for her to make a 550whp daily. My buddy dosent do machine work i would send my core in for one already built. Im looking at the Z1motorsports and importpartspro built shortblocks which has all these parts already in it.

Wiseco Pistons .020 over
Eagle/SCAT H Beam Rods
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Main Studs
ARP Head Studs
Block inspected and cleaned
Block redecked
Block Bored and Honed using a Torque Plate
Rotating assembly balanced and blue-printed
Crank magnafluxed and the journals micro-polished
New Moly coated Race Spec main bearings
New Moly coated Race Spec rod bearings
New Throw-out Bearing
New Pilot Bearing or Bushing
Clutch Masters Carbon/Kevlar stage 3 clutch
Chromoly clutch pivot ball
B&M Short throw shift kit
The VQ35DE Pathfinder Cooling Mod Kit
Z1 Motorsports plenum spacer
AAM Competition Fuel Return Kit
Hi flow boost referenced fuel pressure regulator
AAM Competition CNC Billet Aluminum Fuel Rails
Complete set of –AN stainless steel fuel lines and fittings
Walbro GSS342 Fuel pump
Precision fuel pressure gauge
Deatschwerks 600cc Top Feed Injectors
Tuned by UpRev Osiris
Innovate MTX-L Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge
52mm JDM 2" Boost Psi Gauge

Last edited by fly350z; 02-28-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:25 PM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Christ, just stop posting here
Old 02-28-2013, 02:31 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

right? lol.

furst off, forget the shift kit, pointless.
pathfinder mod is good.
CJM stage 0 rfs will be fine.
no need for fuel rails.
you DO need a larger FP. Walboro 400
youll also need 850 injectors.
osiris is fine
you may find the engine builder wants to g w OEM nissan bearings as you can get them in precise measurments to build clearances for a street car.

what you ahve here is a parts list.. what it appears you do not have is a relationship w a place that will do all of this for you.. and thats PRICELESS.

I will tell you that 550 whp "daily" is not happening.
NBy that i mean i drive one and i certainly dont feel its fail safe by ANY means.

What i will do i assume you mean daily as in non q16 race mode, but 91 octonae pump gas.

You will need a set of greddy 20s or a large single to pull that off.

Also i did not pay anywhere near retail for any of my FI parts.. and i also didnt pay for the basic installation of the FI system, only my engine r/r and machne work etc.. i worked out a deal that ended up not really being what either of us hoped for, thats an entirely other story.. but

... i will tell you that the "various odds n ends" that will pop up before you pick that car up will easily run you several grand..

so i can easily show you receipts if necessary, and its not like my build was a rosey love story either. but.. i came out of pocket in upwards of 20 grand for my build that does 527 whp on pump gas.
It is also FAR mroe than you need to have fun w this car btw.

Any young man who has a gf/fiance/wife and a few cars to play w.. id never reccommend wasting this kind of money to anyone..

the first week i got the car home i was stoked.. the next week i was in sheer panic..
" What have i done? What have i done w all that money/ time/life?.. have i really based my life on this BS stuff? "
and that was last sunday lol..

Swear to god dude.. buy a 4.0 rear end, get some amazing once in a lifetime wheels.. add a great piggy back and wet nitrous system and a great suspension and you will send me flowers and thank me later. And you can afford that for BOTH cars w a 15k budget AND take your trip.. if this girls your wife, you had better make some memories aside from buying things like cars.. take the trip man.. i promsie ya. Its a goood call.

i know youre bored and deployed, but dont obsess on the cars.. believe me, i did .....and it was reeeeally stupid.

Last edited by bmccann101; 02-28-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM
fly350z

i will think about the whole thing for a day or two and see where my priorities are

Last edited by fly350z; 02-28-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol this guy keeps failing. Short shift kit. What a winner.

Do you think that will make you shift faster?

Edit-he doesn't need 20G's to make past 500whp on pump btw. Cams + 18G and proper fuel is PLENTY. But he won't follow advice so fawk em, let em fail.

Surprisingly OG's have helped him he doesn't get it guys like this never will. Joe Dirt you are gonna spend all your deployment money and not have money for propane to heat your trailer after you waste the funds on this...

Last edited by Alberto; 02-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

^ right? lol

btw.. ^^ far better edit OP. i hope i can be a part of saving you from this.
Its truly not worth it. At all. And i have one. And its fresh n new and im in the honeymoon phase and i still say
" MEh.. id rather have a stock powered Z and the 20 grand back" any day of the year

SO much fun to be had NA.. go race go karts somewhere w ur buddies and youll see what i mean. BTW my ex gf built/engineered all your barracks over there lol.. true story.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Triji

That's some straight up tough love but SOLID advice right there... If you are young and deployed and have money burning a hole in your pocket right now read that post and read it again...

And Yeah I am getting a build done right now but I am old and put the cash away specific for this... It's my mid life crisis and I am entitled to it!

Originally Posted by bmccann101
right? lol.

furst off, forget the shift kit, pointless.
pathfinder mod is good.
CJM stage 0 rfs will be fine.
no need for fuel rails.
you DO need a larger FP. Walboro 400
youll also need 850 injectors.
osiris is fine
you may find the engine builder wants to g w OEM nissan bearings as you can get them in precise measurments to build clearances for a street car.

what you ahve here is a parts list.. what it appears you do not have is a relationship w a place that will do all of this for you.. and thats PRICELESS.

I will tell you that 550 whp "daily" is not happening.
NBy that i mean i drive one and i certainly dont feel its fail safe by ANY means.

What i will do i assume you mean daily as in non q16 race mode, but 91 octonae pump gas.

You will need a set of greddy 20s or a large single to pull that off.

Also i did not pay anywhere near retail for any of my FI parts.. and i also didnt pay for the basic installation of the FI system, only my engine r/r and machne work etc.. i worked out a deal that ended up not really being what either of us hoped for, thats an entirely other story.. but

... i will tell you that the "various odds n ends" that will pop up before you pick that car up will easily run you several grand..

so i can easily show you receipts if necessary, and its not like my build was a rosey love story either. but.. i came out of pocket in upwards of 20 grand for my build that does 527 whp on pump gas.
It is also FAR mroe than you need to have fun w this car btw.

Any young man who has a gf/fiance/wife and a few cars to play w.. id never reccommend wasting this kind of money to anyone..

the first week i got the car home i was stoked.. the next week i was in sheer panic..
" What have i done? What have i done w all that money/ time/life?.. have i really based my life on this BS stuff? "
and that was last sunday lol..

Swear to god dude.. buy a 4.0 rear end, get some amazing once in a lifetime wheels.. add a great piggy back and wet nitrous system and a great suspension and you will send me flowers and thank me later. And you can afford that for BOTH cars w a 15k budget AND take your trip.. if this girls your wife, you had better make some memories aside from buying things like cars.. take the trip man.. i promsie ya. Its a goood call.

i know youre bored and deployed, but dont obsess on the cars.. believe me, i did .....and it was reeeeally stupid.

Last edited by Triji; 02-28-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SEXY Girl doing 500-600whp turbo build!!!