Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Aps Tt System Msrp

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 10:44 PM
APS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aps Tt System Msrp

Guys, We are close to finalising the MSRP for the APS TT system and it looks like the system will have a MSRP of approx $7900.

Whilst this may be at the higher end of the price range (similar to the PE system) the APS TT system is comprehensive in terms of components and engineering.The system will include,

1) Cast turbo manifolds

2) Cast high flow turbo outlet (dump pipe)

3) Garret DBB turbochargers

4) APS Massive bar and plate intercooler

5) APS Cast alloy air cooled pan

6) APS Blow off valve

7) high volume fuel pump

8) high volume fuel injectors

9) APS 304 stainless steel cat back exhaust

10) APS engine management (with fuel and ignition maping)

Would be interesting to hear some feedback from you guys as to the product specification. If you have any questions fire away and I will do my best to answer you.
Peter

APS
Old 04-21-2004, 03:20 AM
apsilon

I presume that's US$

Are you going to offer a kit without the cat back exhaust? A lot of people already have an exhaust and would probably prefer to save a few $$$

Last edited by apsilon; 04-21-2004 at 03:23 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:21 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do aussies get a discount ? As ~AU$11,000 is a bit steep.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:26 AM
apsilon

Actually it's not bad considering what's included although I'd like more details (eg brands and models of components). Also like to see actual dyno charts, photos etc.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:26 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is a good US price but if the price is not price aligned for our market then it is not worth it.

Unfortunatly I believe the unit is not developed here in OZ so the price is gauged against the US marke and there current prices.

Taking Peters list into account I estimated the following RRP figures in order

= AU$12,500

But the numbers I chose were if each item was bought separately. So - 15% when buying all together = AU$10625

Hmm looks like I shot my own theory out the window since my final price is close to Peters.

PS: 50% discount for group buy ?
Old 04-21-2004, 04:27 AM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by MR RIZK
Do aussies get a discount ? As ~AU$11,000 is a bit steep.
Mate sorry to say it will be more expensive in Australia, add another 10% to the price for the dreaded GST.

Peter

APS
Old 04-21-2004, 04:44 AM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by apsilon
I presume that's US$

Are you going to offer a kit without the cat back exhaust? A lot of people already have an exhaust and would probably prefer to save a few $$$

Thanks for your reply and the price quoted is in US $.

I dont believe as of now that TT system will be offered without the APS stainless steel cat back system due to a number of reasons, ( one of the reasons is the freight cost ) weight of the freight V size of the carton.

From what I am told the freight cost without the exhaust system becomes very expensive for the size of the carton and total weight.

It may be possible that APS dealers in the US may be prepared to split the exhaust system from the TT system, though APS engineers would prefer this was not the case for technical reasons.

Peter

APS

Last edited by APS; 04-21-2004 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:53 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Hmm sounds fair enough regarding the components and bolt-on output. The SS exhaust does hurt a wee bit as I enjoy my borla, but I suppose I'd be willing to hear the other exhaust and see how it sounds. I presume your site has a US dealer listing?
Old 04-21-2004, 05:28 AM
MR-LIGHTWEIGHT

Dear Peter,

Which Garret turbos are in the TT kit? At how many psi of boost did you reach 435hp? Was this on an engine dyno? What is the power figure on dyno (both hp and kw)? I've checked your website but couldn't see any pics of the kit. When can we see some pics (installed and not installed)?

In terms of feedback, i think it's great that you are releasing a kit. I, personally would not hesitate to buy an APS product as i'm aware of your good reputation and got to use few of your products in the past. However Greddy and PE kit still sounds more appealing especially if power (approx 400hp at the wheels at 8psi vs. 435hp at the engine) is the main determinant.

Cheers,
Al

Last edited by MR-LIGHTWEIGHT; 04-21-2004 at 06:05 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:20 AM
etx

How much for just the exhaust?
Old 04-21-2004, 07:04 AM
VR3

Everything sounds great so far. I just have some questions,

- Which Garret turbos
- ?cc injectors
- pics
- rwhp & rwtorq @ psi

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2004, 07:20 AM
MDubbsZ

will APS apply for CARB?

too bad you can't sell the exhaust as an option/upgrade. including it in the kit may be a deal breaker for a lot of people...
Old 04-21-2004, 08:00 AM
MIAPLAYA

I'd like to see some more specs on the exhaust. Duals? muffler? Whats the final gains to the wheels?
Old 04-21-2004, 08:55 AM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could you tell us more about the fuel and timing computer? One thing I would really like to see is one that "plug and play". I really hate the thought of cutting into the wire harness to wire one of these boxes into place.

What are the details on the exhaust? Single or dual? Pipe diameter?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 01:26 PM
apsilon

Firstly Mr Rizk are those prices you've listed in AUD$. If so a few of them could be off by a fair bit. Depending on brands/models the ECU could be two or three times as much, injectors could be $300ea for some brands etc.

Peter, I hope the exhaust will at least be made an option in Australia. If not then I'm afraid it doesn't even become an option for me and I"ll be back to to looking at a PE kit.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:59 PM
SQUILL

AHH good to see some new info from aps. I would like to know which kind of garret bb turbos your kit will be using. Also the most importaint thing on my mind is your engine managemant system.
We need dyno numbers and a/f numbers and of course you probably already know but of course we will want to increase the boost!! what kind of psi will these turbos be able to produce and how tuneable will your em system be as this looks like the weakest link to most fi systems right now and alot of people are planning on building their motors with forged internals capable of supporting boost psi in the 20-25 range.
I am VERY interested in your system as i plan on doing my install this winter (feb march) and am still debating the cost vs benefit ratio of building out the motor or leaving it stock. As i lived in perth for 9 months a while back i saw some pretty nice aps setups on the subaru wrx's out there and it looks like you guys build quality products so any info will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by SQUILL; 04-21-2004 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:13 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by Juztin
Hmm sounds fair enough regarding the components and bolt-on output. The SS exhaust does hurt a wee bit as I enjoy my borla, but I suppose I'd be willing to hear the other exhaust and see how it sounds. I presume your site has a US dealer listing?

I guess we are going to the extreme to provide a total turn key solution where all of the critical issus are addressed in one complete package.

PM's I have received many Z ownwers has suggested that some products currently sold in the US lack in one area or another(which has frustrated some people) ,so items such as a correctly matched exhaust, injectors, fuel pump, bov,engine management are included in the APS TT so save customers time, grief, and effort.

APS is responding to customer input/feedback and is supplying all of the above to ensure installation is therefore less of a drama as we have considered and supplied all of the necessary components in the base TT system.

The dealer list will be finalised and on the APS website prior to the September release date.

Thanks

Peter
Old 04-21-2004, 02:37 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by MDubbsZ
will APS apply for CARB?

too bad you can't sell the exhaust as an option/upgrade. including it in the kit may be a deal breaker for a lot of people...
I am 99% sure that we will make application for the CARB eo as the Califorian guys really require this to avoid grief with the law.

I am informed that it is critical to test the TT system in totality (including the intended cat back exhaust sysytem) other wise the CARB exempt order is breached and therefore useless to the owner.

This is also one of the main reasons why we intend to only sell the APS TT system inclusive of the cat back system as the CARB eo is an important issue to many in Calforina.

As i said previously there may be dealers in other states who are prepared to split the cat back out of the system.Thanks for your input we are attempting to satisfy and cater for all customers.

Peter

APS
Old 04-21-2004, 03:01 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by 350Zteve
Could you tell us more about the fuel and timing computer? One thing I would really like to see is one that "plug and play". I really hate the thought of cutting into the wire harness to wire one of these boxes into place.

What are the details on the exhaust? Single or dual? Pipe diameter?

Thanks
The computer is APS an development and will map ignition timimg under all rpm and load (throttle) conditions, this way the engine can be tune to suit local fuel conditions which does vary significantly across the US.

In brief the computer can advance and retard ignition timing by up to 15 degree's, obviously in the 350z TT the timing will need to be retarded under boost and the computer is plug in so there's no need to splice/solder into the factory wiring loom.

Will get you full details on the exhaust system later today.

Peter

APS
Old 04-21-2004, 03:37 PM
etx

Originally posted by APS

In brief the computer can advance and retard ignition timing by up to 15 degree's, obviously in the 350z TT the timing will need to be retarded under boost and the computer is plug in so there's no need to splice/solder into the factory wiring loom.
So it requires an external cam or crank posistion sensor?

Quick Reply: Aps Tt System Msrp