Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 06:55 AM
foochdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait, thanks for the info. I am eagerly waiting because this is EXACTLY what I want. The Eclipse I sold because of the BS that went on with the Belt. I would go through like 3 a year because they would start slipping no matter how tight I had it. And when it slipped REALLY bad it would buck hard and feel like fuel cut off at like 3500 rpm. I have always wanted a turbo car.

I'm so excited just to get the car, let alone eventually turboing it.

If I get this it will probably be around next year, because I always buy mods that would require some downtime over the summer and then install them when it is garaged for the winter so I have like 6 months to do the install. And I have heard nothing but great things about turbonetics.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:06 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by foochdawg
Can't wait, thanks for the info. I am eagerly waiting because this is EXACTLY what I want. The Eclipse I sold because of the BS that went on with the Belt. I would go through like 3 a year because they would start slipping no matter how tight I had it. And when it slipped REALLY bad it would buck hard and feel like fuel cut off at like 3500 rpm. I have always wanted a turbo car.

I'm so excited just to get the car, let alone eventually turboing it.

If I get this it will probably be around next year, because I always buy mods that would require some downtime over the summer and then install them when it is garaged for the winter so I have like 6 months to do the install. And I have heard nothing but great things about turbonetics.
Yeah when they announced it I knew this is exactly what i wanted. And yeah I've heard nothing but good things about their stuff as well. After taking a tour of their facility and seeing all the QC that goes into each turbo I was REALLY impressed.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:17 AM
mdacko

oh man hurry up and release this thing!!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:19 AM
97modman

Kit should be making around 385 to the wheels in final out of the box version. Its actually going to be a dealer sold option for some dealers in the NY area...

MiaPlaya...now why are you playing with my emotions..i live in the NY..so you mean to tell me that i can leave the dealership with it...i am going to go nutzzzz...
Old 10-27-2004, 09:56 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by 97modman
MiaPlaya...now why are you playing with my emotions..i live in the NY..so you mean to tell me that i can leave the dealership with it...i am going to go nutzzzz...
Thats exactly what brad told me. There is a dealership chain that is going to be selling this as a dealer installed option...
Old 10-27-2004, 10:31 AM
97modman

Thanks going to be a very good thing..i could imagine the mark up on the 350Z w/ Turbonetics kit..and warranty could not ask for anything better..
Old 10-27-2004, 10:43 AM
foochdawg

I was planning on saving up the ~$10,000 it would cost to get a TT kit on the car with everything needed to run(including guages). Now I want this and the extra money between the two I could get new pistons, rods, valve springs, and retainers and STILL be cheaper than the TT kits. This is the direction I will be going if the price and reliablity holds true.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:13 AM
MIAPLAYA

I just called Brad to get some more details....Left a voicemail for him.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:23 PM
97modman

I was planning on saving up the ~$10,000 it would cost to get a TT kit on the car with everything needed to run(including guages). Now I want this and the extra money between the two I could get new pistons, rods, valve springs, and retainers and STILL be cheaper than the TT kits. This is the direction I will be going if the price and reliablity holds true.

Amen to that..
Old 10-27-2004, 03:29 PM
97modman

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
I just called Brad to get some more details....Left a voicemail for him.

Miaplaya..are you still going to SEMA?? if so, do you mind sharing some pics.. never been to one of those shows and would like to get a sample of it...Maybe next year i will fly out there and go to the show..
Old 10-27-2004, 03:34 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by 97modman
Miaplaya..are you still going to SEMA?? if so, do you mind sharing some pics.. never been to one of those shows and would like to get a sample of it...Maybe next year i will fly out there and go to the show..
Yeah I'm still going. And hell yes I'm taking an extra memory stick for just pictures....Also Turbonetics is going to be at the Mossy car show the week after so even more pics for yeah...
Old 10-27-2004, 07:42 PM
keeptrying

Good news!!!! I don’t know if Miaplaya released this info but if everything goes correctly the first kits are due out in February. My local installer has a good connection with Turbonetics. I'm putting my preorder in next week.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:46 PM
webcarconnection

Hey any new info on the kit? anyone have more pics, day of relese, final price, where can I buy it, ect.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:44 AM
More Power

Hope I didn't miss this info as I lead this loooooong thread, but do you guys/gals think the Turbonetics engine managment system adequately addresses the timing retard aspect of running boost.

And does this setup have an EVC type setup to modify boost levels on the fly.

I have been reading so much in this thread and the APS threads and didn't think about it till after I'd read these long threads so I apologise if I missed these 2 questions for the Turbonetics setup as I went throught it.

Last edited by More Power; 11-01-2004 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:52 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by More Power
Hope I didn't miss this info as I lead this loooooong thread, but do you guys/gals think the Turbonetics engine managment system adequately addresses the timing retard aspect of running boost.
I do however seem prefer to have their own control over it. There are many people boosting their Zs on a reflash alone with no other adjsutments... Short version: Yes.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:54 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by webcarconnection
Hey any new info on the kit? anyone have more pics, day of relese, final price, where can I buy it, ect.
I should see Brad at SEMA this week and I'll talk to him. They've been INSANE busy last couple weeks.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:00 PM
More Power

Thanks for the info. Does the Turbonetics setup have an EVC or similar controller that lets you change boost level on the fly? I can get the Sunoco racing unleaded at the drag strip that should let you up the boost a little bit at the track. Say from the 7.5 to maybe the 8.3 PSI figures that have been kicked around in this thread. Changing boost level in real time is one of the neato torpedo advantages of turbos over superchargers IMHO. I had the HKS EVC with my'90 Mitsu Eclipse turbo and it was almost more fun than I could endure, ha.

Last edited by More Power; 11-01-2004 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:15 PM
MIAPLAYA

Thanks for the info. Does the Turbonetics setup have an EVC or similar controller that lets you change boost level on the fly? I can get the Sunoco racing unleaded at the drag strip that should let you up the boost a little bit at the track. Say from the 7.5 to maybe the 8.3 PSI figures that have been kicked around in this thread. Changing boost level in real time is one of the neato torpedo advantages of turbos over superchargers IMHO. I had the HKS EVC with my'90 Mitsu Eclipse turbo and it was almost more fun than I could endure, ha.
The Turbonetics kit to my knowledge will not include a Boost Controller however it does utilize an external Evolution Wastegate which you could attatch either an Manual or Electronic Boost Controller too.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:28 PM
More Power

Thanks for the info. This single turbo setup is just growing on me the more I learn and think about it. I had sort of given up on anyone coming up with a great single turbo for our 350Zs considering the lack of space underhood and plumbing issues. A stock 350Z with sticky tires and good driving technique should get into 12 sec. qtr. miles right out of the box with this setup don't ya think? Might be just the ticket. I'm gonna stay tuned to this baby bigtime...I love the APS setup but price and complexity including installation costs are a factor in Turbonetics favor. Hope the quality and reliability over time of this kit comes out as good as we hope.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:47 PM
MIAPLAYA

Thanks for the info. This single turbo setup is just growing on me the more I learn and think about it. I had sort of given up on anyone coming up with a great single turbo for our 350Zs considering the lack of space underhood and plumbing issues. A stock 350Z with sticky tires and good driving technique should get into 12 sec. qtr. miles right out of the box with this setup don't ya think? Might be just the ticket. I'm gonna stay tuned to this baby bigtime...I love the APS setup but price and complexity including installation costs are a factor in Turbonetics favor. Hope the quality and reliability over time of this kit comes out as good as we hope.
Yup thats where I'm at as well. BTW I just got off the phone with Brad, he was leaving for SEMA. They have the mock up/display motor done with the final versions of piping including my favorite cosmetics feature of this kit. Powered Coated Black Chrome Piping from turbo to intercooler to throttle body. They will have their Z, the mockup motor, and a full race Z at their booth at SEMA. I'll have TONs of pictures for you guys this weekend. I'll be at SEMA till Sat so I'll post them Sat night.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos