Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 10:38 AM
ColecatZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jun
don't worry, i'm sure the trade-off won't be THAT bad...
yeah, I know....

I'm just adding it to the list. I'm allready looking for an aftermarket y-pipe back exhaust to replace my Stillen since it has to go before the kit goes on. Looks like I'll be going with the Fujitsubo....or maybe Power Enterprise.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:01 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by ColecatZ
yeah, I know....

I'm just adding it to the list. I'm allready looking for an aftermarket y-pipe back exhaust to replace my Stillen since it has to go before the kit goes on. Looks like I'll be going with the Fujitsubo....or maybe Power Enterprise.
You may want to look at the APexi ones too. I have the WS2 and I love it...
Old 10-03-2004, 09:55 PM
JimRHIT

Wohoo! Maybe this turbo kit will increase the resale of my Borla single-dual Yeah ... I'm talking about the original ... old school Borla baby

I'll trade someone for a TD setup
Old 10-04-2004, 06:20 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by JimRHIT
Wohoo! Maybe this turbo kit will increase the resale of my Borla single-dual Yeah ... I'm talking about the original ... old school Borla baby

I'll trade someone for a TD setup
Yeah unless you go with this kit too....
Old 10-04-2004, 08:35 AM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
You may want to look at the APexi ones too. I have the WS2 and I love it...
I'll take a look at them thanks. Right now the Fujitsubo is in the lead.

I'm hoping we see some new involvment from Brad this week regarding this thread. Peter's comments evolving around the stock headers seem valid and I'm anxious to see how things develop.

My logic says that with the turbo placed farther away from the headers , there will be less back pressure....meaning less compressed gas, in the immediate vicinity of the header anyways, and in turn generating less heat. My thought is that the added volume and increased surface area would dissipate some heat, but more importantly the turbo, which would retain a great deal of heat would be moved away from the header. Granted this reduction would be negligible, in comparison to the increased temp on the intake side due to the pressure on that end and hence increasing overall EGT’s. Again, I’m no expert and not really claiming this to be true. APS and Turbonetics seem to know there stuff, that is a given. I’m just voicing my view based on some very limited knowledge. I don’t even know if my ideas are viable.

EGT reading vs. Stock would be interesting to see

On a side note, I wonder if we should be concerned with heat generated from the turbo affecting the paint on the hood over time because of placement.

Joshua (tends to ramble excessively when trying to explain stuff he barely understands)
Old 10-04-2004, 09:00 AM
g356gear

I'll take a look at them thanks. Right now the Fujitsubo is in the lead.

EGT reading vs. Stock would be interesting to see

On a side note, I wonder if we should be concerned with heat generated from the turbo affecting the paint on the hood over time because of placement.

Joshua (tends to ramble excessively when trying to explain stuff he barely understands)
From the pictures of the engine compartment it looks like they wrap the exhaust housing with a heat blanket to keep the heat down on the hood.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:25 AM
MIAPLAYA

I talked to Brad this morning. He should be on here shortly with some more info on this. Its already been explained to me and lets just say that there are no worries about this. He will be on here soon to give full details.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:56 AM
MIAPLAYA

I should add that I applaud Turbonetics for their stance on information. Rather than release data or create expectations before a final answer is available they choose to wait until they firm engineering data before making a response. After talking with Brad today regarding the things that APS brought up I am 115% confident in their kit. I think when you all read Brad's response to this you will be more than satisified. While I do respect APS for sharing their concerns before the community I think that in retrospect they might have let Turbonetics share all their data before assumptions were made. Some of the statements have cast shadows on the Turbonetics kit that I feel were very unwarranted especially after the data I got from Brad today. I have the utmost respect for Peter and his company but to me personally as a consumer I feel that it was very unprofessional to talk so strongly against the design of a competitor in a public forum and under the pretense of helping the entire community. If this was not the intention then let me be the first to apologize about this statement but this is how myself and some others viewed what was said.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:21 AM
ColecatZ

I had already decided not to make any decisions one way or the other until all the details were concrete and on the table……but I must say, it’s hard to not get excited over this kit. I’m a turbo ***** though.

I’m already wanting one and I haven’t even seen the new dyno sheets yet.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:31 AM
MIAPLAYA

I had already decided not to make any decisions one way or the other until all the details were concrete and on the table……but I must say, it’s hard to not get excited over this kit. I’m a turbo ***** though.

I am the same way. I had decided against a TT kit a long time ago for a few reasons but felt like I was resigned to having to get a centrifig SC. I was not very excited about that either though as the madness of extra belts and pulleys etc was just not for me. Thats why I have been so excited about this kit. Its exactly what I wanted power, install, and completeness wise....
Old 10-05-2004, 01:37 PM
MIAPLAYA

For those in SoCal Turbonetics will be at the Mossy show..
Old 10-07-2004, 01:34 AM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I do respect APS for sharing their concerns before the community I think that in retrospect they might have let Turbonetics share all their data before assumptions were made. Some of the statements have cast shadows on the Turbonetics kit that I feel were very unwarranted especially after the data I got from Brad today. I have the utmost respect for Peter and his company but to me personally as a consumer I feel that it was very unprofessional to talk so strongly against the design of a competitor in a public forum and under the pretense of helping the entire community. If this was not the intention then let me be the first to apologize about this statement but this is how myself and some others viewed what was said.
I do not think we should prevent anyone from posting useful information, this is how we learn. Why dont you help us learn as well and tell us about the actual solution?
Old 10-07-2004, 10:55 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by mchapman
I do not think we should prevent anyone from posting useful information, this is how we learn. Why dont you help us learn as well and tell us about the actual solution?
It is not my data to share. Turbonetics did the research and they are the ones who will disclose the data. I don't think t would be right to speak for them and I also don't know half of what Brad does and I might not explain it correctly. As for my feelings about APS it was resolved in another thread...
Old 10-07-2004, 11:21 AM
LaPuLaPu

For those in SoCal Turbonetics will be at the Mossy show..

When and where will this be held? I would like to attend since I'm interested about this product. TIA
Old 10-07-2004, 11:33 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by LaPuLaPu
When and where will this be held? I would like to attend since I'm interested about this product. TIA
The show will be in Oceanside , CA on Nov 13. Complete details are in the SoCal forum.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:36 AM
MIAPLAYA

Damn I am getting impatient...Must have booost....
Old 10-12-2004, 11:10 AM
ColecatZ

I hear ya. This thread and the FI forum are one of few reasons I still come to this site. It is just crashing way too much for me lately. I’m fiending for boost big time and the only thing that could prevent me from ordering right away is the fact that I need to do the smart thing and buy a house first.

On the other hand I keep saying to myself…. ”Imagine the house you could buy when you pay the Z off……a turbo would make driving it more fun until it’s paid off. Then you can skip a starter house and get one you’d really wanna live in.”

My reason is blinded by boost
Old 10-12-2004, 11:19 AM
MIAPLAYA

I hear ya. This thread and the FI forum are one of few reasons I still come to this site. It is just crashing way too much for me lately. I’m fiending for boost big time and the only thing that could prevent me from ordering right away is the fact that I need to do the smart thing and buy a house first.

On the other hand I keep saying to myself…. ”Imagine the house you could buy when you pay the Z off……a turbo would make driving it more fun until it’s paid off. Then you can skip a starter house and get one you’d really wanna live in.”

My reason is blinded by boost
Thats EXACTLY where I am...My wife is bugging me to buy a house but thats just cause she doesn't know what it fells like when a turbo spools....That and there is nothing we can really nice that I can afford in SD> Average house price was officially over 500K on Monday.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
ColecatZ

Yeah, my ex-gf lives in the Orange County area ( Alieso Viejo I believe) and I remember when we were dating realestate was ridiculous compared to living here. If you go for the suburbs north of Dallas, you can get a less then a year old, 3/2 Brick@2000+ sq. feet in the 150’s.

Probably even better deals, but I’m not looking too seriously just yet as I really want the turbo and the car paid off. The extra $700/month I pay on the car would go nicely against a mortgage, allowing me to buy significantly more house. (BTW – my car payment isn’t close to $700/month, I just over pay, making myself get used to living without that money in the event an emergency comes up.)
Old 10-13-2004, 11:32 AM
ColecatZ

Back on Topic….

I’m sure Brad and the crew at Turbonetics are busy finalizing things, but do you know when they plan to stop in and address some of the questions, or give us some more info? I’m interested in a newer dyno sheet.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos