Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 05:27 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just call technosquare tell them your mods and they should have a tuning setup for you.
310-787-0847
Old 10-25-2004, 06:31 AM
MIAPLAYA

Yes I am sure they can. When you send the ECU to them I would give them a call to let them know what you will have and also I'd write it down and include it in the box with your ECU.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:20 PM
97modman

Just for those who don't know (or understand what's required for CARB approval) you can only apply for an CARB EO if the Factory Nissan cats are retained in the original Factory position.

I am sure we all know(whoever has been following the Turbonetics Threads) that you said it before in one of the other threads.. just remember APS has no CARB EO# either one thing is applying and the other optaining..
Turbonetics is a pretty big company and they will do whatever it takes to get this done..

I am also glad that Turbonetics is keeping quiet about alot of things lately..Surprises are good

Last edited by 97modman; 10-25-2004 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:26 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by 97modman
I am sure we all know(whoever has been following the Turbonetics Threads) that you said it before in one of the other threads.. just remember APS has no CARB EO# either one thing is applying and the other optaining..
Turbonetics is a pretty big company and they will do whatever it takes to get this done..

I'm only trying to help out the guys so they're clear on all of the facts pertaining to the CARB EO on a turbocharged Z.

Doesn't matter if you're Microsoft (the rules pertaining to CARB EO applies equally to large or small companies) the fact is you must retain the stock Nissan cats in the stock factory position.

This is a prerequiste not a option if you're applying for a CARB EO for a FI system.

Fact is we can apply (and will appy) for a CARB EO as we have retained the stock cats in the stock position, APS has a better than a reasonable chance to obtain a CARB EO where as a single turbo approach with the factory cats removed and or the position changed has ZERO chance of obtaining a CARB EO.

I have a good deal of respect for Turbonectics as a company though this does not alter the fact that the single turbo system approach has no chance of meeting CARB's requirements.

Thanks

Peter

Last edited by APS; 10-25-2004 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:47 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by APS
I'm only trying to help out the guys so they're clear on all of the facts pertaining to the CARB EO on a turbocharged Z.

Doesn't matter if you're Microsoft (the rules pertaining to CARB EO applies equally to large or small companies) the fact is you must retain the stock Nissan cats in the stock factory position.

This is a prerequiste not a option if you're applying for a CARB EO for a FI system.

Fact is we can apply (and will appy) for a CARB EO as we have retained the stock cats in the stock position, APS has a better than a reasonable chance to obtain a CARB EO where as a single turbo approach with the factory cats removed and or the position changed has ZERO chance of obtaining a CARB EO.

I have a good deal of respect for Turbonectics as a company though this does not alter the fact that the single turbo system approach has no chance of meeting CARB's requirements.

Thanks

Peter
Right so I think what he was saying is WE ALREADY HEARD YOU. YOU ALREADY TOLD US THAT...I'm apologize if I seem a bit perturbed by this but it seems that once again you post in a thread that has NOTHING to do with your kit and insinuate that Turbonetics does not have the ability to do what they say they can. Iregardless of your apparant expertise in the EO process (BTW (a) you dont have it yet (b) you had to ask us about it when you first were informed of it) I must say that my formal and political approach to your posts in a thread SPECIFICALLY about the Turbonetics kit is at its end. This is not your kit. And frankly as I have said before it is in of the utmost lack of professionalism that I view your "contribution" to this thread. I have NEVER once gone on a thread discussing your product to in ANY way shape or form take away from it or otherwise discourage others from purchasing it. You can hide behind the guise of "looking out for the community" all you want but to those of us with even an ounce of common sense it is painfully clear that you are on the thread to simply promote your kit. Hey you've got plenty of other threads to do that on. Find one. I dont even work for Turbonetics and this is getting to me. I must say that Brad has seen some of your posts in regards to his kit I can only applaud and respect him for not sinking to the sophmoric level you have insofar as advertising. I find it personally insulting that you think it is necessary to re-iterate the EO policy as you understand it. Do you not believe that the members of this board are capable of understanding what removing the cats mean? Do you honestly not believe that Turbonetics of all companies are in-familiar with the EO policy....
Old 10-25-2004, 05:02 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
Right so I think what he was saying is WE ALREADY HEARD YOU. YOU ALREADY TOLD US THAT...I'm apologize if I seem a bit perturbed
Man take it easy.............this is what a good forum is all about.............sharing good tech information.

Geez they way you post anyone would think you own turbonectics, all I'm doing is discussing what's possible from a CARB EO view point..............I believe that some of the guys are interested in facts not fiction.

Peter

APS
Old 10-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Z.Shifter

=( APS, how close are you in getting ur kit carb approved?
Old 10-25-2004, 08:46 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by Z.Shifter
=( APS, how close are you in getting ur kit carb approved?
If all goes to plan we intend to start the CARB process before year end.

Thanks

Peter
Old 10-25-2004, 09:37 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by APS
Man take it easy.............this is what a good forum is all about.............sharing good tech information.

Geez they way you post anyone would think you own turbonectics, all I'm doing is discussing what's possible from a CARB EO view point..............I believe that some of the guys are interested in facts not fiction.

Peter

APS
Look man, I know what a forum is about. And yes people are all about sharing good tech info. However when you continue to post the SAME thing over and over again it gets old. Furthermore when you make comments like "fact not fiction" guess what champ it is percieved as yet another dig by you claiming that Turbonetics is not capable of producing a CARB legal kit. Whats to say they dont come out with their own TT kit that is CARB legal. How can you POSSIBLY know what they had on their minds when they posted that. You claim to know Brad pretty well right? When in the time you have known him did he ever appear to bullsh!t about what he is going to do? At what point did you come to the divine vision that Brad and Turbonetics are not capable of producing what they say they can? Brad does not come on here to spread rumors or create ficticious stories of being able to come up with a CARB solution if he did not already have something in mind. Of all people you should be the last one to come here claiming Turbonetics is not capable of keeping their word since you claim to "know them". Especially since you are a direct competitor to them. As I have said before it is HIGHLY unprofessional to talk directly against a competitor in this kind of forum. This thread makes no mention of any APS product other than your own posts. Therefore you have no place to come on here posts the same info you have posted time and again and then reference how your kit can achieve what you deem this competitors product is incapable of doing. if the CARB EO issue causing you such great turmoil why dont you just create a thread to discuss that in and of itself. This thread is for info on the TURBONETICS kit. If you would like to promote your F/I system do it on another thread please.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:55 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
Look man, I know what a forum is about. And yes people are all about sharing good tech info.
I have greaty faith in Brad and Turbonectics though the fact is they will need to pull a rabbit out of the hat if they believes that this single turbo which removes the stock Nissan cats can meet CARB requirements and gain an CARB EO.

Why do you feel that I cannot contribute to this tech thread and help out guys with tech information? Do I not have the same rights as anyone else on this forum?

What makes a forum great is when you have a balanced view of all of the technical facts, I don't make CARB regulations though we all have to abide by the same regs to achieve a CARB EO.

When you stop posting incorrect information about the CARB EO process I won't have to continually correct your incorrect statement.

I believe that the guys in California in particular will appreciate knowing the true facts about the CARB EO issue.

Thanks

Peter
Old 10-25-2004, 10:15 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by APS
I have greaty faith in Brad and Turbonectics though the fact is they will need to pull a rabbit out of the hat if they believes that this single turbo which removes the stock Nissan cats can meet CARB requirements and gain an CARB EO.

Why do you feel that I cannot contribute to this tech thread and help out guys with tech information? Do I not have the same rights as anyone else on this forum?

What makes a forum great is when you have a balanced view of all of the technical facts, I don't make CARB regulations though we all have to abide by the same regs to achieve a CARB EO.

When you stop posting incorrect information about the CARB EO process I won't have to continually correct your incorrect statement.

I believe that the guys in California in particular will appreciate knowing the true facts about the CARB EO issue.

Thanks

Peter
Dude WTF are you talking about? Please feel free to show me where I posted incorrect CARB info. All I said was that Turbonetics has said they will be working on a CARB solution early next year. I never said what they were going to do or how. I don't know. The only other thing I said is that you should not come in here saying that they cannot do it without knowing what exactly it is they are planning. You don't and neither do I. So as far as that is concerned you are completely incorrect. Secondly you do have the same rights as other members. However when you come into a thread about your competitors kit and start blatantly saying they are incapable of doing what they say and then start referncing your own product well chief thats not helping everyone out with info. Thats called bad business ethics. I have yet to see ANY company besides you go into a thread about a competitors system and talk down or otherwise blatanly promote their own product. If i wanted to read about how your kit is pending CARB approval I would go read your thread. This thread is here to keep those interested in the Turbonetics up to date on info when it is available. Like I said before if the CARB EO issue is so very important to you why don't you create a thread about it and we can discuss it there. because in the mean time people who only want to read about the TURBONETICS kit have to go through all the pages of me and other members telling you that WE KNOW ABOUT THE CARB EO ISSUE. The Cali guys who are "most interested" by this have already read your posts on this several times and for the most part already know whatever it is you are going to post in regards to CARB EO. We''ve been dealing with it for far longer than you can know.

PS: I live in Cali hoss
Old 10-25-2004, 10:47 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

guys this should be held over pms, its not the kind of thread that should have arguing, no "VS" any where in the title.

peter hes just trying to say its bad form in alot more words.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker

peter hes just trying to say its bad form in alot more words.
OK cool, I understand that this is a delicate issue though all I'm doing is sharing info with other forum members so they are fully informed with what is required for the CARB EO process.

I've spent a lot of time investigating this CARB issue for the 350 Z Turbo application and I think it's worth sharing this info with forum members as I will with Brad when I see him at SEMA next week.

Bottom line a forum is all about good information and the more factual the information is the more valuable the forum is for members.

Peter

APS
Old 10-26-2004, 12:15 AM
AParshall04

Hey Peter if I just want to clear this up because i think most of us forum members are confused with the Carb EO process...The turbo has to be connected after the cats, not before right? And we can use whatever cats we want?

"Fact is we can apply (and will appy) for a CARB EO as we have retained the stock cats in the stock position"

"the fact is they will need to pull a rabbit out of the hat if they believes that this single turbo which removes the stock Nissan cats can meet CARB requirements and gain an CARB EO."

“Just for those who don't know (or understand what's required for CARB approval) you can only apply for an CARB EO if the Factory Nissan cats are retained in the original Factory position. ”

“We locate the Twin Garrett dual ball beraing Turbos pre cats, this way we can retain the cats in the stock position and with any luck this won't reduce the cat light up time- which I hope will provide APS with every chance of gaining a CARB exemption order for the APS TT system. ”

“not being able to retain the Nissan cats in the factory position may well prove to be the biggest downfall of the large single turbo approach, if CARB approval is considered important. ”

“Yeah I agree it's best to have the turbos positioned pre cat from a spool and emission point of view”

I’m still really confused how this all works….
Old 10-26-2004, 04:36 AM
97modman

We locate the Twin Garrett dual ball beraing Turbos pre cats, this way we can retain the cats in the stock position and with any luck this won't reduce the cat light up time- which I hope will provide APS with every chance of gaining a CARB exemption order for the APS TT system
If my memory is correct aren't all turbos located before the cats?? every turbo i have seen or installed have been pre-cats...nothin new here. you make it sound like Turbonetics has the Turbine mounted after the cats..lets get all the facts straight here..

I've spent a lot of time investigating this CARB issue for the 350 Z Turbo application and I think it's worth sharing this info with forum members as I will with Brad when I see him at SEMA next week.

And I am sure Turbonetics has also, as they are located in California, who better to know the CARB EO laws..Turbonetics has been around for years, Sh*t they make their own turbos and have a great history and record in racing.. you make them sound as if they just got in the business last year and are in it to make a quick buck..
Old 10-26-2004, 07:52 AM
MIAPLAYA

If my memory is correct aren't all turbos located before the cats?? every turbo i have seen or installed have been pre-cats...nothin new here. you make it sound like Turbonetics has the Turbine mounted after the cats..lets get all the facts straight here..

And I am sure Turbonetics has also, as they are located in California, who better to know the CARB EO laws..Turbonetics has been around for years, Sh*t they make their own turbos and have a great history and record in racing.. you make them sound as if they just got in the business last year and are in it to make a quick buck..
Exactly. Turbonetics has been doing this for 20 years. The designer if this kit Jahme has been at it just as long and has produced countless turbo kits as the former FMax owner. I think they have an idea of CARB EO process. And yes as said before it shows HORRIBLE business ethics to come on here and talk down about a competitor in a thread specifically about THEIR product. Like I said before if your true aim is to further advance the CARB EO knowledge of these forum members the best way to do it is to start a thread on that specific topic and leave this thread to those who want to know more about the TURBONETICS kit.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:15 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

didnt know the dude useto own Fmax! thats cool
Old 10-26-2004, 10:25 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
didnt know the dude useto own Fmax! thats cool
Jahme the designer did. Turbonetics took over Fmax about a year or two ago....
Old 10-26-2004, 10:56 AM
G3po

Default CATS

Sorry but, your memory does not serve you well . TN has "mandated" removal of the CATs. Ho can you be "pre-CAT when they no longer exists?

If TN they finds a way to replace them back into their "exact OEM location" , (would at least require custom exhaust manifiolds (can't use the OEM ones as they do right now), then they could apply for a CARB EO. Passing is a whole other story .

Howver; given the circuitous path which must be taken by the exhuast gas before it can ever reach the CATs.
Ever wonder why the OEM places a pre-cat so damn close ot the manifold, 'cause the CATS need very a very high EGT to function.
The lower the heat seen by the CATs the less effective the Catalyt reaction

Bascially Peter from APS the most first hand stand knowlege with Turbo system design than any or the "Monday night quarterbacks" applying to this thread.

So, I really wish you'd stop giving him a bunch of crap, he is only discussing the technology and not bashing TN in any fashion.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:00 AM
G3po

This is easier to read , sorry for the mis-post

97mod dude ,memory does not serve you well . TN has "mandated" removal of the CATs. Ho can you be "pre-CAT when they no longer exists?

If TN they finds a way to replace them back into their "exact OEM location" , (would at least require custom exhaust manifiolds (can't use the OEM ones as they do right now), then they could apply for a CARB EO. Passing is a whole other story .

However; given the circuitous path which must be taken by the exhuast gas before it can ever reach the CATs. Ever wonder why the OEM places a pre-cat so damn close ot the manifold, 'cause the CATS need very a very high EGT to function.
The lower the heat seen by the CATs the less effective the Catalyt reaction

Basicially Peter from APS the most first hand stand knowlege with Turbo system design than any or the "Monday night quarterbacks" applying to this thread.

So, I really wish you'd stop giving him a bunch of crap, he is only discussing the technology and not bashing TN in any fashion.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos