Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 01:21 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by degradated
600 whp might be do-able... but that could be pushing it. We usually rate the 62-1 wheel (with appropriately sized turbine) at about 625 flywheel horsepower - however I've heard of B-series Honda motors with full standalone at 25 psi of boost making over 600 whp.

Since we are dealing with the VQ35DE(T) that hasn't seen the full potential untapped yet, I suppose the possibility is there to make more power than you'd normally expect - we shall see. Tuning will probably be the key.

I know Brad and Jahme were talking about running like 20 PSI and making about 600 RWHP
Old 02-24-2005, 01:29 PM
alpine

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
Thats what we are looking for...GREAT info...There are several members here who want to purchase a tuner kit with a bigger then average turbo to make about 600-650 RWHP. i think the 62-1 should be perfect then. Could you PM me a phone number...
Since this "tuner kit" has taken the next step and seems to be coming into light, the tuner kit would need provide more than just a larger housing/turbo charger, wouldn't it?

It's safe to assume someone can get a "tuner kit" and then get whatever additional components they will need additionally to reach this HP on our motor, and it's all going to work?

Or is the tuner kit going to simply include larger turbos, and then it's up the the purchaser to contend with the setup afterwards to gain the additional HP?

What's going to be included in the tuner kit?

What is going to be needed additionaly?

Obviously the motor needs to be built up, you'll need some kind of Fuel Management, or is ECU reflashing going to continue to work? If reflashing is going to work, what kind of pricing is T.S. going to offer to make the flash to support the various configurations that people may come up with?

I forget how boost is controlled with this kit, if it's not a big deal can you copy/paste or briefly explain how this will be handled outside the "regular kit"?

This is NOT a bash thread, I'm just bringing up things that need to be thought about by those that are less than "expert" turners/car junkies.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by alpine
Since this "tuner kit" has taken the next step and seems to be coming into light, the tuner kit would need provide more than just a larger housing/turbo charger, wouldn't it?

It's safe to assume someone can get a "tuner kit" and then get whatever additional components they will need additionally to reach this HP on our motor, and it's all going to work?

Or is the tuner kit going to simply include larger turbos, and then it's up the the purchaser to contend with the setup afterwards to gain the additional HP?

What's going to be included in the tuner kit?

What is going to be needed additionaly?

Obviously the motor needs to be built up, you'll need some kind of Fuel Management, or is ECU reflashing going to continue to work? If reflashing is going to work, what kind of pricing is T.S. going to offer to make the flash to support the various configurations that people may come up with?

I forget how boost is controlled with this kit, if it's not a big deal can you copy/paste or briefly explain how this will be handled outside the "regular kit"?

This is NOT a bash thread, I'm just bringing up things that need to be thought about by those that are less than "expert" turners/car junkies.
The tuner kit is the basic kit without fuel injectors, fuel pump, and fuel lines, and the reflash.

The bigger turbo talk was about my plans. I'm sure Turbonetics can offer that to any customer, but it is CUSTOM, not an option on every kit.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:36 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by nis350ztt
The tuner kit is the basic kit without fuel injectors, fuel pump, and fuel lines, and the reflash.

The bigger turbo talk was about my plans. I'm sure Turbonetics can offer that to any customer, but it is CUSTOM, not an option on every kit.
Absolutely correct, Alpine if you check the turbo FAQ thread I posted a LOT of info about all the versions.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:08 PM
dynamic6er

Hey guys gotta do a drive-by thread jack but definetly worth it.

Turbonetics Group Buy
Old 02-24-2005, 08:33 PM
alpine

Absolutely correct, Alpine if you check the turbo FAQ thread I posted a LOT of info about all the versions.
Thanks Mia,

I figured as much, but 50+ pages of posts, I'm certain the newer people coming into this thread are NOT notating all of it, and since this particular page had the most content about the tuner kit, I thought it a good place for a "footmark" to remind those "a tuner version is going to need more attention/components and it's not just "more bolt on power".
Old 02-25-2005, 05:22 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by dynamic6er
Hey guys gotta do a drive-by thread jack but definetly worth it.

Turbonetics Group Buy
I beat you to it back on page 57 Dave!
Old 02-25-2005, 07:49 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by alpine
Thanks Mia,

I figured as much, but 50+ pages of posts, I'm certain the newer people coming into this thread are NOT notating all of it, and since this particular page had the most content about the tuner kit, I thought it a good place for a "footmark" to remind those "a tuner version is going to need more attention/components and it's not just "more bolt on power".
Oh yeah dude absolutely. Thats kind of another reason I contributed to the Turbo FAQ so that most of the details people are looking for are in one quick post. 50 + Pages is a lot to swallow.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I imagine that those that buy the tuner kit will be looking at running their own engine and fuel management system. An ECU reflash can only take you so far. During my visit last week to LA, I spoke to Tadashi at TechnoSquare, and he mentioned that the stock ECU can only handle about 12-14psi of boost before he runs out of resolution. Beyond that, an eManage or stand alone would be required to really tune the car.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:35 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by gq_626
I imagine that those that buy the tuner kit will be looking at running their own engine and fuel management system. An ECU reflash can only take you so far. During my visit last week to LA, I spoke to Tadashi at TechnoSquare, and he mentioned that the stock ECU can only handle about 12-14psi of boost before he runs out of resolution. Beyond that, an eManage or stand alone would be required to really tune the car.
Very true...
Old 02-28-2005, 05:23 PM
degradated

Well guys.. let me be the first to say that the first 6 350z kits shipped today!

I don't know when more can ship at the moment.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:05 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by degradated
Well guys.. let me be the first to say that the first 6 350z kits shipped today!

I don't know when more can ship at the moment.
NOICE... Can't wait to get into mine....!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Peking

[B]Well we are still designing it so we are not sure which way we are going. i had planned to market it to a vendor like Mossy or someone to pretty much sell it for us or just buy our design. (Not like its rocket science).
Yeah I know, but didn't want to mess up on the drilling (then having to go and get a new pan)... Or have a leak from the area where I drilled (rare I guess but seems to happen to some folks, hence why places like Revhard provide a pan to avoid a possible leak through a weak point). Kinda what turned me off from the Greddy, Vortech, etc with the drilling of the pan... though I guess there are other concerns with other kits compared to the Turbonetics which seems to be much more simple (I like the drop in injectors, no grinding of the fuel rail, and no soldering with the injectors... oh and no complicated piggy back wiring/soldering)
Old 03-03-2005, 03:52 AM
diegonismo

Talking greddy twin turbo

i cancel my single turbo because the wating of turbonetics y buy the greddy twin turbo i make yesterday in the dyno 407 whp and 377 of torque at 8 psi. miaplaya lamento mucho lo que paso con tu auto espero que turbonetics te pueda resolver lo antes posible despues de tanta espera
Attached Thumbnails Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos-p1000111.jpg  
Old 03-03-2005, 08:40 AM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by Peking
Yeah I know, but didn't want to mess up on the drilling (then having to go and get a new pan)... Or have a leak from the area where I drilled (rare I guess but seems to happen to some folks, hence why places like Revhard provide a pan to avoid a possible leak through a weak point). Kinda what turned me off from the Greddy, Vortech, etc with the drilling of the pan... though I guess there are other concerns with other kits compared to the Turbonetics which seems to be much more simple (I like the drop in injectors, no grinding of the fuel rail, and no soldering with the injectors... oh and no complicated piggy back wiring/soldering)
Greddy, PE, APS comes with Pan... the thing of the injectors is only with the Greddy kit but theres the Greddy Reflash from TS that avoid the complicated piggy back wiring/soldering
Old 03-03-2005, 08:51 AM
alpine

Originally posted by webcarconnection
Greddy, PE, APS comes with Pan... the thing of the injectors is only with the Greddy kit but theres the Greddy Reflash from TS that avoid the complicated piggy back wiring/soldering
The reflash approach is nice considering how much tuning it allows for.

The APS kit replaces the wiring harness to nicely allow for piggyback.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:03 PM
MIAPLAYA

You can certainly use the JWT pan spacer if you want to drill it for the oil return. Just drill the spacer and use a j tube.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Peking

Originally posted by webcarconnection
Yeah I also knew that LOL

But for some reason typing fast I didn't catch it, on my last car (02 Civic SI) the Greddy kit required you to drill the OEM pan unlike the Greddy kit for the 350Z

Also good to find out about a flash program for the Greddy kit, I was actually wondering if it was out there since Hondata (Honda/Acura ECU folks) offers multiple flash programs for some kits. So good to know this TS offers another choice.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:23 PM
MIAPLAYA

Update guys all the parts needed to repair my car in...Work starts Monday!!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 01:02 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by S12 driver
In Nevada you can easily find guys that will look the other way for a $100 "tune up". So it's just depends on you state I guess.

I'm in Las vegas...can you hook me up?

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos