Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

What advantages does the G have over the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
skaterbasist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iceagetlc
Well, not to be mean but when I've raced G's, the difference is spoken in car lengths, not feet. I prefer speed over comfort. I'd hate to have to a mod a G just to get a Z's stock level.
You either raced an auto with you MT, or he sucked.

Sure the 350z is faster due to its weight, but car lenghts, meaning more than 1 car, is due to the drivers.

The 350z should win, but not by that much.

Sooner or later, you kids will find out its not all about speed; the fact that my ride gets noticed everywhere is a good feeling itself

Bottom point: Both are great cars with different styles in different class. Both have similar performance, with the Z having a slight advantage due to its weight.

Im still not sure why people post threads such as this one... we all know what it's gonna come down to.

(Admins? Mods? Do some magic here?)

Last edited by skaterbasist; 01-15-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
RBlover69

agreed
Old 01-16-2007, 01:57 AM
iceagetlc

weight, horsepower, etc...
Old 01-17-2007, 11:03 AM
socalkend

did anyone above mention ^ Z has the roadster and G doesnt
Old 01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
savefatkids

Z feels more sporty...i wish i got a Z lol
Old 01-19-2007, 05:03 PM
cturnbull802

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by savefatkids
Z feels more sporty...i wish i got a Z lol
put a set of coilovers on the g!!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Skrilla

Originally Posted by cturnbull802
if you wanted performance you should have went with an evo/sti hands down.
LOL you mean the Evo that LOST the roadcoarse competition to the 350Z...I'll pass...besides the EVO looks like A$$

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=comparison

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4209
Old 01-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Skrilla

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Sooner or later, you kids will find out its not all about speed; the fact that my ride gets noticed everywhere is a good feeling itself...
unless you're 50 I'm not that much of a kid to you...unlike many here I purchased my car because it's inexpensive and performanced based...it may be a stupid reason for some, or even yourself but it's my opinion and the reason I got it...my ride does get noticed everywhere until I drive to newport beach and see ferraris and lambos...LOL...otherwise for the money and my cars age it's the best thing going.

BTW I hope you didn't get it for the attention...I can pull women without the aid of my car

...Im still not sure why people post threads such as this one... we all know what it's gonna come down to.
(Admins? Mods? Do some magic here?)
to post our opinions to interact and have conversation...the reason the board exist...to converse online without disrepect
Old 01-19-2007, 11:05 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by Skrilla
unless you're 50 I'm not that much of a kid to you...unlike many here I purchased my car because it's inexpensive and performanced based...it may be a stupid reason for some, or even yourself but it's my opinion and the reason I got it...my ride does get noticed everywhere until I drive to newport beach and see ferraris and lambos...LOL...otherwise for the money and my cars age it's the best thing going.

BTW I hope you didn't get it for the attention...I can pull women without the aid of my car
I somewhat I agree with you on this one. The Z is definately a bargain when it comes to performance, but too many kids care about only speed, and could care less of the image and class of the vehicle. Im 19, but unlike most people my age, I dont see speed as a priority, although performance is definately a huge issue for me. That's the reason why I decided to go with a G35 6MT. It has a perfect blend of performance, style, luxury, etc.

Attention? I dont need attention. I just wouldnt wanna own a vehicle known only for performance (such as Evo's and STi's); That would give me a "Boy Racer" image, and that wouldnt reflect my personality.

Cars are like shoes; you dont see somewhere who where's Vans and skater shoes with Nike's and "Baller" shoes.

Originally Posted by Skrilla
to post our opinions to interact and have conversation...the reason the board exist...to converse online without disrepect
The problem with this is, and you yourself know this, threads like these ALWAYS end up being a flame-thread. Does anyone really expect a casual and informative thread with such a topic? No...

I really wouldnt mind going thread's like these if they werent filled with extreme biasm and disrespect (flame).

I really like both the G and Z, but the Z has a different image and style. If I had the money, I definately wouldnt mind owning both, but I had to go with the one that reflects me the most, and ofcourse appeals to me.

Last edited by skaterbasist; 01-19-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Skrilla

...ALWAYS end up being a flame-thread. Does anyone really expect a casual and informative thread with such a topic? No...
...I really wouldnt mind going thread's like these if they werent filled with extreme biasm and disrespect (flame).
I hear ya...but we need some credit...5 pages strong
Old 01-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Railgunner

It's all a matter of taste...

Z girl - wild, daring, slightly crazy, looks good from the right angles.

G girl - sohphisticated, smooth, expensive, sensual, classy

Well, on second thought. I think the 1st pic might be more of an Altima coupe girl

Last edited by Railgunner; 01-20-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:34 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i have a G, my friend owns a Z. I really fell in love with the Z but started looking at G's because they look nice too and a lot of times there are more than just 2 of us rolling around so the back seat is nice. I help my friend andrea out a lot with her son christian and there definately needs to be a baby seat for him...so the G is good for that. The infiniti dealership here is WAY more helpful to the customers and my best friend is a master tech at the BMW dealership that is the sister dealership of the Infiniti dealership...so that translated into a sweet *** employee discount deal on the car, then i get his discount on the parts, and i have free labor since he's a qualified Infiniti dealership. Things are looking good in that respect.

I love my G, don't get me wrong. I drive an hour to work every day and like the room in it and the look. It's sexy and still sporty. The Z is smaller and also very sexy. If i was going to build just a fun car for weekends with sick *** power i would get me a Z, which is probably going to be my next car. This dailer driver for a G is very nice and still quick.

Also, through state farm, not only did my insurance go down because of 4 seats, the safety rating on the G35 is higher than the Z because of the standard side impact airbags and some other stuff. Translated from 109$ a month in insurance to 72$ a month in insurance.

I love both cars.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:18 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by binder
i have a G, my friend owns a Z. I really fell in love with the Z but started looking at G's because they look nice too and a lot of times there are more than just 2 of us rolling around so the back seat is nice. I help my friend andrea out a lot with her son christian and there definately needs to be a baby seat for him...so the G is good for that. The infiniti dealership here is WAY more helpful to the customers and my best friend is a master tech at the BMW dealership that is the sister dealership of the Infiniti dealership...so that translated into a sweet *** employee discount deal on the car, then i get his discount on the parts, and i have free labor since he's a qualified Infiniti dealership. Things are looking good in that respect.

I love my G, don't get me wrong. I drive an hour to work every day and like the room in it and the look. It's sexy and still sporty. The Z is smaller and also very sexy. If i was going to build just a fun car for weekends with sick *** power i would get me a Z, which is probably going to be my next car. This dailer driver for a G is very nice and still quick.

Also, through state farm, not only did my insurance go down because of 4 seats, the safety rating on the G35 is higher than the Z because of the standard side impact airbags and some other stuff. Translated from 109$ a month in insurance to 72$ a month in insurance.

I love both cars.
Zs now come with side curtin airbags now . My 06 does my 04 didnt. insurance went down a couple of bucks.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Cheezwiz

Has anyone mentioned the rear strut tower brace unique to the Z?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:02 PM
cturnbull802

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cheezwiz
Has anyone mentioned the rear strut tower brace unique to the Z?
the G being a coupe doesnt need that kind of support
Old 01-20-2007, 06:14 PM
RBlover69

yea thus another point being how rugid the Z is compared to the G. The developers of the cars said it best, describing the Z as a raw performance sports car and the G being the more luxurious sports oriented coupe. Bottom line you cant go wrong with both. If i had them both i would take my G to work and use as my get around fly car. And my Z as my garage project track car.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:01 PM
InSaNeZ

I chose the Z over the G because I liked the exterior styling of the Z a lot better than the G. Stands out a lot more.

I like the interior of the Z but I also like the G's interior.
Also I like the way the navi is set up in the Z compared to the pop-up navi in the G.

I''ll take a G for daily driving and a Z for the weekends.
Both cars are equal but it all depends on what you want, especially since the price difference isn't a lot.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 AM
OU812G350

R E S A L E V A L U E ........................
Old 01-23-2007, 10:26 AM
RBlover69

^ not by much , lol
Old 01-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Black Duck

Originally Posted by OU812G350
R E S A L E V A L U E ........................

Quick Reply: What advantages does the G have over the Z?