Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

INJEN CAI Available for 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 03:52 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ares
if you think thats not worth it, you are sorely misinformed. there is no big horsepower gain for cheap, these are the most basic and fundamental mods that are always considered first.
Well said. Some want big power for cheap. It isn't going to happen. If you can't bite the bullet maybe mods aren't for you.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:15 PM
Yuichi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said. Some want big power for cheap. It isn't going to happen. If you can't bite the bullet maybe mods aren't for you.
You said it perfectly! The engineers at Nissan did a great job. I'm hoping we can get 15-20 RWHP with bolt ons.

We actually worked with INJEN to speed up the process of getting the intake going. The INJEN intakes should be ready to sell in about 2 weeks. Their dual exhaust maybe 4-5 weeks.

A few things I thought I would point out. One thing that really helps the INJEN set up and is key for HP is the heatshield. The heatshield that they sell with the kit actually goes over the manifold. So if your using a stock set up or Aftermarket set up. I'm willing to bet a heatshield with the stock intake will help with some slight power.

It is required that you take the bumper off to install the INJEN intake. Although the NPM SEMA car they were able to put it on without taking off the bumper. The bumper is very easy to take off though.

For those who aren't familar with NISMO they tend to outsource all their parts. So I wouldn't be suprised if NISMO's intake is made by INJEN or AEM. NISMO has already approached INJEN, this doesn't mean they will be making it but NISMO is shopping around.

AEM from my knowledge won't have a intake for awhile. I talked to them in SEMA. But then again GROUPZ was supposed to have a AEM rep at their meeting last thursday so hopefully someone can enlighten us on what they said.

There are concerns with where its placed for water and maybe just the airflow. So far the tester THOM has not encountered any problems, and he has had the setup on for about 2-3 weeks now. So far so good with the intake and hopefully we will be able to sell them at http://strictlyz.com in 2 weeks. I will mount one on my car as well.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:49 AM
JohnnyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received my Injen last week. I expected red/chrome and got black/chrome. I was told by Injen that they have not had red available since 03 but yet on injenonline.com they sell all the red hoses!!! Can anyone tell me if I can install this unit by going from the under pan instead of taking off the front bumper?