Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 02:34 PM
nissansource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive dynoed my own turbo 200sx se-r car same day with 20 degree difference and i made 25hp less to the wheels on it. Temps hurt same dyno. here is the AFE DYNO GRAPH of the 350z rip it apart all ya want gotta head home have a good nite guys...
Attached Thumbnails 21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z-dyno.jpg   21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z-independent.jpg  

Last edited by nissansource; 08-17-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:54 PM
nissansource

btw if any one of you guys want to do the dynoing yourself that are local to me and are willing to do the same day and do the predrive let me know my z sits all week
Old 08-17-2005, 03:03 PM
DayBlueZ

This is what we have a comparison of.

I present exibit "A"
Attached Thumbnails 21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z-04hc_hamp_boar.jpg  

Last edited by DayBlueZ; 08-17-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:51 PM
nissansource

Originally Posted by DayBlueZ

This is what we have a comparison of.

I present exibit "A"

Sorry but I tried my best.... Maybe its not 19-21hp increase but its a pretty decent one... oh well at least I was able to complete the last dyno runs at afe
Old 08-17-2005, 03:54 PM
johnnyD

Originally Posted by nissansource
Car made power plain and simple.. afe donated time and an intake for the testing granted you are right the DYNOS are not perfect with time and temp but hey its making power. I just kinda figured this would happen but afe stated it needed to be driven for a good 100-200 miles to get the ECU used to it and it all makes perfect sense in doing it. Mossy nissan tested the same intake by doing dyno after dyno and said themselfs it reads in the instructions to drive the car for 100-200 miles but they just swaped it on the dyno and ran the car and made barely any hp increase(GOTTA TALK TO CHRIS TO MAKE SURE HOW MUCH). If ya need verication call Shaggy @ mossy hell letcha know. He has even driven in mine and said it makes way more power then theirs did. Ill be back a bit later with these graphs. I do appreciate AFE for comming here and trying to prove their setup I dont see injen or any other manufacture doing this. AFE should be chiming in they held out to wait for the final results. But thanks guys for your time i just wanna appologize since i didnt have much of it myself. Being a IT Director for a company is hard work =)

If you are an IT director, they need to can your a$$. This is the biggest crock of shiite I have come across in several years on these forums. Your objectivity is suspect, your logic is corrupt, and you can't possibly be so gullible as to believe half of what you write. I believe the members of this board have redeemed themselves and called your scam. BTW, how much did AFE pay you? 21hp/19ft-lbs RIP.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:25 PM
ZinMiami

I am not going to fault Nissansource. He did this out of his own time when he didn't have to. That said I don't think this test is valid any longer, especially since 2 different dynos were used. Mustang and Dynojets are know to give very different results from each other. They are not interchangable. Plus the environmental conditions were different as well.

Add to this my dissappointment with fitment issues and a vendor that sold me old inventory and I have a very, very, very overpriced piece of equipment. At the end of the day I bought it because I am fortunate enough not to mind the high price tag but the fact remains this intake is not a good value by any stretch of the imagination.

I have posted my issues openly here and emailed AFE. They have never addressed my concerns so I have even less love for the company.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.....................
Old 08-17-2005, 04:34 PM
nissansource

Originally Posted by ZinMiami
I am not going to fault Nissansource. He did this out of his own time when he didn't have to. That said I don't think this test is valid any longer, especially since 2 different dynos were used. Mustang and Dynojets are know to give very different results from each other. They are not interchangable. Plus the environmental conditions were different as well.

Add to this my dissappointment with fitment issues and a vendor that sold me old inventory and I have a very, very, very overpriced piece of equipment. At the end of the day I bought it because I am fortunate enough not to mind the high price tag but the fact remains this intake is not a good value by any stretch of the imagination.

I have posted my issues openly here and emailed AFE. They have never addressed my concerns so I have even less love for the company.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.....................

Sorry to hear that.. I have the Managers information give him a call ill pm it to you. As for this being my fault and being paid??? wow that was pretty harsh... Im a professional living in CA trying to have a decent living in this crazy economy we live in and support my family. I didnt think once that i would get a rash of heat for testing an intake. Sorry but I think your points are childish.. Things I have wasted in this test are 40 dollor Dyno time, gas, and my time. Im a working man not a teenager that has plenty of time to screw around and skip out on work.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:48 PM
johnnyD

Nissansource, don't flatter yourself, you did not test an intake. You made a good effort at an infomercial, unfortunately the vendor let you down. You can drop the working man bit too, we all are working stiffs here, and most of us are not teenagers, which is why we didn't buy what you shoveled. I have nothing against you personally, I don't even know you. However, I despise what was attempted here, which was to deceive and cheat people out of their hard earned money. If you were completely duped by AFE, then I honestly feel sorry for you.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow. just wow. didn't someone go into detail early on in this thread about how to make this test valid? how could this have turned out so utterly useless?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:05 PM
E K

Well, I tried with my input on what I would consider a controlled test. Or at least as best as within reason.

Nissansource, I remember you said that you did have a baseline at AFE (not the dynojet runs). Did they ever give you the printout on those? Again, I don't think it'll be a perfect comparison, since you may have differences in the gasoline, tire pressure, wheel alignment on the rollers, oil change. But if we can see all the runs from the same machine on the same dyno plot, it would help us analyze the data.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:07 PM
zillinois

I have a dumb question. How are you supposed to dyno the car right after install, when you have to drive it a couple of hundred miles before dynoing? If a future test is performed, is anyone going to be satisifed? Won't the temp have changed in a couple of hours driving or a denser front could have moved through, the dyno rollers could have cooled off, the ECU could have changed. I don't see a way to do this to make everyone happy. Unless you dyno it right after, then dyno it after 200 miles?? I'm not being smart, I'm just wondering how to do it in such a way that it would please us all.

I really wanted to see that guy eat his own poop. ;-)

Last edited by zillinois; 08-17-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Dildorado

Would returning to a stock airbox right after dyno-ing the intake show the right difference or does it conveniently need to be driven a few hundred miles as well?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:37 PM
E K

It depends on whether or not you believe that you really HAVE to drive a hundred miles before you redyno. I've had dynos of my car done before and after ECU reset. The Air/Fuel changes a bit, but the power is generally still within +/- 3 HP of the pre-ECU reset run.

With an intake, I don't think it's hard to just dyno the car, then install the part with the car still on it, then redyno. An intake install takes 30 minutes. With exhaust parts, it's harder. As far as the ECU, that's why I suggested doing ECU resets. That should put you back in the most aggressive mode.

You can also look at the Air Fuel ratios to see if anything is different with the mod.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

nissansource - sorry for not getting in touch with you monday night :-/

I still want to dyno it... Ill message you when I can... Alot of things came up in the office I had to take care of and was simply burried...
Old 08-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

It looks like they need to do something with their mustang dyno... Either it is calibrated way off or their print out render is way off... seems like everything is moved over 1000 rpm or something... just odd...
Old 08-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Roggan

I cant see why everyone is flaming and blaming Nissansource for aFe's claims????

He volentered to test the intake, has spend $$ and time on doing so and keep everyone here updated. That alone has IMO earned him enough respect not to flame him.

On the other hand the dyno results that has been posted so far does not give a good enough base to make any judgement on how bad/good the intake really is, due to different dyno's and conditions no doubt, especially when something as small as an intake is tested where you need to have atleast a 2-3hp accuracy.

I would be satisfied by seeing atleast 3 runs baseline and 3 runs with the filter with no other mods (even if its 300 miles in between and 1 month) as long as its atleast on the same dyno and similarish tempratures, all i want to know is if the filter even remotly generates the 21 claimed HP (which IMO is BS and the other farytail claims on gains with their filters by aFe just blasts their credibility into a million peices)

/Roger
Old 08-17-2005, 11:29 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

WTF is that one hundred mile thing suppose to do? Can a Nissan Technician confirm this? I know there's a Nissan that requires you to turn off the car 80 times while stepping on the brakes for it to hack into the computer but 100 miles???
Old 08-18-2005, 06:34 AM
DougJones

Here is my offer to AFE. I live in the wide open spaces of South Carolina. I can put 100 miles on a car in an hour or so. Send me an intake, I'll take my car up to CP Racing in Charlotte, do a baseline, install the intake, drive 100 miles, and dyno with the intake. I'll post both dynos here on the board. Better yet, I'll let one of the guys from CP Racing post the dynos.

PM if SERIOUSLY interested.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:32 AM
nissansource

Originally Posted by zillinois
I have a dumb question. How are you supposed to dyno the car right after install, when you have to drive it a couple of hundred miles before dynoing? If a future test is performed, is anyone going to be satisifed? Won't the temp have changed in a couple of hours driving or a denser front could have moved through, the dyno rollers could have cooled off, the ECU could have changed. I don't see a way to do this to make everyone happy. Unless you dyno it right after, then dyno it after 200 miles?? I'm not being smart, I'm just wondering how to do it in such a way that it would please us all.

I really wanted to see that guy eat his own poop. ;-)

Thats what I was thinking. It will be very hard to determine this Intake for the Z community because too many variables come to play with everyone

Quick Reply: 21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z