Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 03:26 AM
ZinMiami

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, not exactly. Lets stick to the facts regardless of which side of the argument you are on. He made a "purchase at a discounted price, with a full 100%, including shipping, refund if not satisfied". That is not the same as what you are saying.

As for independaent test, they are trying to redeem themselves. He is arranging to have Jason from Performance test the intake. So soon we will have a good test and public results.

Again, I know this has dragged out, but lets let up on the bashing until this test is done and we have some reliable info to work with. I know some of the claims are steep and the answers so far have been light but a couple more days at this point won't kill anyone.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:23 AM
johnnyD

Originally Posted by ZinMiami
Well, not exactly. Lets stick to the facts regardless of which side of the argument you are on. He made a "purchase at a discounted price, with a full 100%, including shipping, refund if not satisfied". That is not the same as what you are saying.

As for independaent test, they are trying to redeem themselves. He is arranging to have Jason from Performance test the intake. So soon we will have a good test and public results.

Again, I know this has dragged out, but lets let up on the bashing until this test is done and we have some reliable info to work with. I know some of the claims are steep and the answers so far have been light but a couple more days at this point won't kill anyone.

Uh, NO. It is your well-meaning attitude and perceived gullibility that has caused the thread to be 20 pages long. As orion360z stated, there has already been and there will be more back-peddling by grasshopper until there is nobody left here to swindle. Then, he will disappear as quickly as he arrived. lol, there IS one born every minute.

Last edited by johnnyD; 08-22-2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:27 AM
ZinMiami

I won't get into a "low road" exchange with you. You really need to grow up or check your **** poor attitude at the door. You don't know me so don't make assumptions about being gullible. If you don't like the fact that this post is pointless or too long for you, stop coming to it, don't keep reading it and keep your rude comments to your self. Perhaps in your mind your are being constructive in your comments, but trust me your are not!

I see you have a whole 11 posts now. I think they are all here on this thread aren't they. Why don't you go make some meaningfull contributions elsewhere in the forum instead of trolling here.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:07 PM
johnnyD

I won't get into a "low road" exchange with you. You really need to grow up or check your **** poor attitude at the door. You don't know me so don't make assumptions about being gullible. If you don't like the fact that this post is pointless or too long for you, stop coming to it, don't keep reading it and keep your rude comments to your self. Perhaps in your mind your are being constructive in your comments, but trust me your are not!

I see you have a whole 11 posts now. I think they are all here on this thread aren't they. Why don't you go make some meaningfull contributions elsewhere in the forum instead of trolling here.

Testy, testy... Go back and read it again ace... "PERCEIVED gullibility", and that is all on how grasshopper may see it. I do not know if you are as gullible as you appear, but you sure make a convincing argument. BTW, unless you figured out how to artificially enhance your post count (which is meaningless anyway), I suspect that you had 11 posts at one time also. As far as this thread goes, it has immense entertainment value to me, and I plan to 'troll' it to its conclusion. Will we see this intake make 19hp? Well, I won't assume anything on your part, but my answer is NO, and I WILL be here when it's all said and done to remind you of this post.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Wotnot

Default I said it before...I'll say it again

Originally Posted by johnnyD
Testy, testy... Go back and read it again ace... "PERCEIVED gullibility", and that is all on how grasshopper may see it. I do not know if you are as gullible as you appear, but you sure make a convincing argument. BTW, unless you figured out how to artificially enhance your post count (which is meaningless anyway), I suspect that you had 11 posts at one time also. As far as this thread goes, it has immense entertainment value to me, and I plan to 'troll' it to its conclusion. Will we see this intake make 19hp? Well, I won't assume anything on your part, but my answer is NO, and I WILL be here when it's all said and done to remind you of this post.

BLOWHARD.........this twerp adds no value....never will......
Old 08-22-2005, 01:57 PM
ZinMiami

You are too funny JohnnyD!

You don't actually read the threads do you. If you go back to my postings you will see I have always known and stated that an intake, any intake will never add the claimed HP. I do want to see the results of Jason's test and don't care if I have to wait a few more days for it. It's just curiosity nothing more. I have no expectations that is why I am not getting worked about this intake or this thread. Its just informational.

You on the other hand are really upset over this so you must have been expecting gains. Who is the gullible one???????????

Troll away brother, no one here takes you seriously anyway.............
Old 08-22-2005, 02:37 PM
HockeyZ39

You are too funny JohnnyD!

You don't actually read the threads do you. If you go back to my postings you will see I have always known and stated that an intake, any intake will never add the claimed HP. I do want to see the results of Jason's test and don't care if I have to wait a few more days for it. It's just curiosity nothing more. I have no expectations that is why I am not getting worked about this intake or this thread. Its just informational.

You on the other hand are really upset over this so you must have been expecting gains. Who is the gullible one???????????

Troll away brother, no one here takes you seriously anyway.............
+1
Old 08-23-2005, 03:46 PM
96sleeper

Just for reference, afe just came out with a kit for the 4.0 frontier (VQ), and they claim 11 H.P and 15 FT LBS Torque. An independant dyno was done of this product by a member of the frontier forums, and it made 8.2 peak whp, and 0 ft-lbs. of tq at peak. It did give torque gains of 7-8 ft/lbs all the way from 4500 RPM to shutdown, but no peak. If you figure in the 20% loss for the automatic equipped truck, that is around 10hp from this intake, only 1 less than the claimed 11hp. I don't know about the torque though, the only other mod on the truck is a cat-back exhaust, and that wouldn't hurt anything.

It is also neat to note that the VQ40DE really makes good power, 235hp and 235tq from intake/exhaust only, thorugh an automatic tranny. The truck is rated at 265hp, 284tq.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:06 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

You might be correct. The Tornado also gives a guarantee so does the ebay electric supercharger and does all the snake oil like Zmax and oil aditives. Oh and don't forget the ***** enhancement pills.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:26 PM
ZinMiami

Hey, that Ebay supercharger plus ***** enhancements pills sounds like a party to me!
Old 08-23-2005, 06:32 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 96sleeper
Just for reference, afe just came out with a kit for the 4.0 frontier (VQ), and they claim 11 H.P and 15 FT LBS Torque. An independant dyno was done of this product by a member of the frontier forums, and it made 8.2 peak whp, and 0 ft-lbs. of tq at peak. It did give torque gains of 7-8 ft/lbs all the way from 4500 RPM to shutdown, but no peak. If you figure in the 20% loss for the automatic equipped truck, that is around 10hp from this intake, only 1 less than the claimed 11hp. I don't know about the torque though, the only other mod on the truck is a cat-back exhaust, and that wouldn't hurt anything.

It is also neat to note that the VQ40DE really makes good power, 235hp and 235tq from intake/exhaust only, thorugh an automatic tranny. The truck is rated at 265hp, 284tq.
I could easily believe that an intake could give +10 hp to a truck. Let's face it, "normal" vehicles like trucks & sedans are not highly tuned. They have restrictive intakes and exhaust and almost always show some gains with a swapout. The problem here all along has been the unbelieveability of the +21 hp claim on the Z, a car we all know shows minimal gains from intake, exhaust or other bolt-ons.

I'd think there was something really wrong with Afe if they couldn't show some provable real gains on a truck, in fact, I'm surprised they only claim and produce 10hp.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:58 PM
grasshopper

Originally Posted by 96sleeper

Just to let everyone know, Jason's going to test our Frontier kit and our Titan kit in addition to the 350Z. Sorry I haven't been contributing to this thread. I'll be on vacation next week so I've been sort of busy.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:20 AM
ZinMiami

Grasshopper,

Please respond to my email and PM. I would like to know if my issue is being addressed.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:30 PM
ZinMiami

Grasshopper,

Please respond to my email and PM. I would like to know if my issue is being addressed.
Got your email, thanks.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:18 PM
nissansource

Originally Posted by johnnyD
Uh, NO. It is your well-meaning attitude and perceived gullibility that has caused the thread to be 20 pages long. As orion360z stated, there has already been and there will be more back-peddling by grasshopper until there is nobody left here to swindle. Then, he will disappear as quickly as he arrived. lol, there IS one born every minute.

Gawd this ******* is still posting here and annoying everyone still.....
Old 08-24-2005, 08:19 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by grasshopper
Just to let everyone know, Jason's going to test our Frontier kit and our Titan kit in addition to the 350Z.

that's all everyone needs to know....
Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Wotnot

Default At the risk of repeating myself.....

Originally Posted by Wotnot
BLOWHARD.........this twerp adds no value....never will......

......bu bye Johnny
Old 08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toured AFE today.
Have their TITAN and FRONTIER intakes in hand.
Waiting for the 350Z intake to be sent to me.

Tomorrow we are going to plan the day to do the dyno's on all three vehicles.
We are going to turn it into a day where everyone is invited for the dyno runs and the installs...

I am not going to write anything else until we anounce the Dyno Day etc...

But then I will post a full write up on our tour of AFE and the results of the Dyno's...

We are shooting for all the testing to be done Next week or the week After. Depending on when we get the 350Z intake in our hands...

Talk to you all then! We are excited!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:57 PM
ZON

So after all of that Grasshopper did not have the 350Z intake already for you to pick up with the other ones?

hmmm

Old 08-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Roggan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
Toured AFE today.
Have their TITAN and FRONTIER intakes in hand.
Waiting for the 350Z intake to be sent to me.

Tomorrow we are going to plan the day to do the dyno's on all three vehicles.
We are going to turn it into a day where everyone is invited for the dyno runs and the installs...

I am not going to write anything else until we anounce the Dyno Day etc...

But then I will post a full write up on our tour of AFE and the results of the Dyno's...

We are shooting for all the testing to be done Next week or the week After. Depending on when we get the 350Z intake in our hands...

Talk to you all then! We are excited!

Sounds great, hopefully we can put an end to the discussions and speculations after this.

What dyno will the tests be performed on?

/Roger

Quick Reply: 21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z