Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Labree TP sound?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 12:34 PM
billly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Labree TP sound?

Allright cant find one person to say anything bad about the Labree resonated pipes short of that they are a bit pricey for 350-400 $. Great worksmanship good gains (Can anyone confirm what they are?). Realiable etc.

My question is what do they sound like? Is there any rasp? Anyone have a sound clip? Even better anyone have these with a Borla TD
I heard the APS pipes with an APS TD (not sure if it would sound different on my z with the Borla) and it just wasn't my taste. Not downing it in any way. from what I read its a pretty great piece but I dont think I'd like the sound on my car.

Then again if someone has a clip with the APS TP's matched with a Borla it would be greatly appreciated just for comparison.

B
Old 02-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by billly
Allright cant find one person to say anything bad about the Labree resonated pipes short of that they are a bit pricey for 350-400 $. Great worksmanship good gains (Can anyone confirm what they are?). Realiable etc.

My question is what do they sound like? Is there any rasp? Anyone have a sound clip? Even better anyone have these with a Borla TD
I heard the APS pipes with an APS TD (not sure if it would sound different on my z with the Borla) and it just wasn't my taste. Not downing it in any way. from what I read its a pretty great piece but I dont think I'd like the sound on my car.

Then again if someone has a clip with the APS TP's matched with a Borla it would be greatly appreciated just for comparison.

B
No test pipes will completely get rid of rasp. The size of the resonators that can fit in a test pipe setup are relatively small and most of the burden is passed on to the exhaust. All the claims of rasp are over exagerated IMO. On a stock setup, the test pipes sound good. If you change out the y-pipe, then you have terrible rasp. The biggest factor will be your exhaust setup. I would think the borla would sound decent wtih test pipes.

with that on the table, the labree are worth the money if you consider the price of the competitions test pipes, they are competively priced and their quality is top notch.

I ran them in pair with my greddy EVO2 exhaust and notice basically no rasp.

Vids of the exhaust with labree resonated test pipes:
Pull away

Dyno Run
Old 02-14-2006, 01:18 PM
GAaaAR

I've heard Borla sounds decent with test pipes on and have either very little rasp or no rasp at all. Just a nice deep throaty sound. Not to highjack the post or anything though, but Does anyone know how well the labrees would sound with Fujitsubo Exhaust and y pipe, along with strup headers??? THats the setup i want to go for in the future, but not sure how nice it sounds and if theres any rasp or not. WIth test pipes, it all depends on your exhaust on whether theres going to be rasp or not. So if anyone has this specific setup, please comment about the sound!
Old 02-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

These might be my first mod, and along with that the SFR Borla exhaust, which i might add havent seen on this forum, should sound killer. At least i hope so.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:04 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
All the claims of rasp are over exagerated IMO.
Agree. We are getting to a point where performance is secondary to chasing some subjective exotic sound.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:12 PM
350z bra

well i hav megan resonated tp's and invidia catback exhaust n1 hope this help

Click here to watch jhk-007
Old 02-17-2006, 06:12 AM
billly

Thanks guys for all the help on this and the other thread. Im sold its Labrees or nothing for me. Now to scrounge up the dough. If someone out there does have my future setp I'd love to hear it just to know whet my car will end up sounding like
David Z I can see how Im getting a bit **** with the sound butsince everyone says the performance gains are relatively the same across the board craftsmanship and ... well sound have become the deciding factors on this particular mod.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:16 AM
billly

by the way zivman the car sounds insane pulling away and I dont hear any rasp at all. You basically just sold me on them. Thanks ziv
Old 02-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Madelinot

If anyone is interested to buy Labree resonated testpipes for $350 +sh (brand new), please see:

http://www.int-auto.com/index2.htm

I'm not affiliated with them or anything, I'm just a buyer... If this shouldn't be posted, please delete.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:47 AM
2 low Z

What diameter are the Labree's?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 low Z
What diameter are the Labree's?
2.5"
Old 02-20-2006, 10:17 AM
nkohler

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have labrees with stock Y pipe and Blitz Nur Touring exhaust. There is a very small hit of rasp near 3.5-4k rpm, but it dissapears and really opens up and screams. A free flowing N/A motor is going to have rasp to some degree. I am pretty picky and I was able to handle the very slight rasp considering the gains and how it sounds up top, which is beautiful.